Author Topic: School Discussion Thread (University/College/maybe high school)  (Read 4662 times)

June 01, 2017, 05:40 PM #50

jon08 Offline

• Vehicle: 5th Gen WRX
  • Reputation Power: 28
  • jon08 barely matters.jon08 barely matters.
Originally posted by Vince
GF is a nurse, can confirm they make good money. Mechanics wage is probably half that of an RN, but nurses get tons of OT. My GF is a .7, but picks up so much shifts that she works way more than 40hrs a week, hell, in some weekends she works more than 40hrs.

I'd assume you could contact The College of Registered Nurses, and/or the nurses union to ask them about recertification.

Also, gonna agree on the making a job out of a hobbie. That's why I didn't do anything with computers.
Thanks Vince. I guess in my case... I'm too rusty so I need to retake major parts of the program. Haha Cant put anyone's life at risk. Are we allowed to work full time and study full time? Am I gonna have student loan issues? Thanks

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Check this page and see if your vehicle is in one of the photos! - www.flickr.com/jonaduna

Top Tier Imports

School Discussion Thread (University/College/maybe high school)
    « Reply #50 on: June 01, 2017, 05:40 PM »

June 01, 2017, 05:56 PM #51

themikewoo Offline

• Vehicle: 2006 Honda S2000
    • Reputation Power: 194
    • themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!
    Originally posted by jon08
    @themikewoo and @Nirusan

Thanks for the tip guys. I did a bit of research and also went to RRC to see what's the best route for me. The thing is, I did not get the chance to actually use my license... I graduated, took the board exam,passed, saved money then moved to Canada. With that said, RRC wants me to study again. So I thought this could be a good idea to try something new. Haha

If money is not an option then go for it man. I know that I couldn't make a living snowboarding so I'm stuck being a street pharmacist.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

June 01, 2017, 06:31 PM #52

Vince Offline

• Vehicle: 2012 Si
      • Reputation Power: 173
      • Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!
      Originally posted by jon08
      @themikewoo and @Nirusan

Thanks for the tip guys. I did a bit of research and also went to RRC to see what's the best route for me. The thing is, I did not get the chance to actually use my license... I graduated, took the board exam,passed, saved money then moved to Canada. With that said, RRC wants me to study again. So I thought this could be a good idea to try something new. Haha

if you're gonna go trades, go into one that pays more :D
      (∩ ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)⊃━☆ ─=≡Σ((( つ◕ل͜◕)つ

[May 23 00:37:52] Sloppyclock:But Moooooom, I was being a street terrorist

June 01, 2017, 06:50 PM #53

jon08 Offline

• Vehicle: 5th Gen WRX
        • Reputation Power: 28
        • jon08 barely matters.jon08 barely matters.
        Originally posted by Vince
        if you're gonna go trades, go into one that pays more :D
        Will definitely not settle to something lower than what I currently make. Haha Car parts aint cheap bruh!

Check this page and see if your vehicle is in one of the photos! - www.flickr.com/jonaduna

June 01, 2017, 06:52 PM #54

cluelessk Offline

• Vehicle: 2008 Cobalt SS
          • Reputation Power: 19
          • cluelessk has no influence.
          Yup. Autobody is a pretty tough trade to make tons of money but guys do still make 6 figures.

Plus the required wage for an apprentice is brutal.

Say all the that tomorrow is my last day of my level 1...

My Brother is Ag Mechanic and the money is really good. He works for one of the largest dealership network in the trade and loves it. Plus when he was going to school they topped up his wage to his regular pay when he had to sign up for EI. That along with the money he got for travel and boarding he was making more at school than he was actually working.
          [Mar 23 12:14:28] Anne Gus:nah clueless is right

June 02, 2017, 08:37 AM #55

jordisonjr Offline

• Vehicle: 14/15 Endeavor New Standard 151
            • Reputation Power: 199
            • jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!
            Originally posted by themikewoo
            If money is not an option then go for it man. I know that I couldn't make a living snowboarding so I'm stuck being a street pharmacist.

I bet that was a swift transition as most snowboarders require a street pharmacist of their own.
            Originally posted by Madbuzz41
            I'm not a fan of blowing for a long time anyways ; )

[Mar 31 23:03:18] Basil:Dan go outside without your pants and let your beef curtains flap around in the wind like a windsock

[Dec 11 14:00:38] alexatwork21:I

June 02, 2017, 10:24 AM #56

themikewoo Offline

• Vehicle: 2006 Honda S2000
              • Reputation Power: 194
              • themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!
              Originally posted by jordisonjr
              I bet that was a swift transition as most snowboarders require a street pharmacist of their own.
              Oh yeah business is good. They need courage too do those crazy ass jumps.

Top Tier Imports

School Discussion Thread (University/College/maybe high school)
                « Reply #56 on: June 02, 2017, 10:24 AM »