Author Topic: Tireset.ca  (Read 5030 times)

March 26, 2015, 01:59 PM #0

Imprzme Offline

• Vehicle: '16 Legacy 3.6R
  • Reputation Power: 19
  • Imprzme has no influence.
I ran across this website while searching for best price on my ZII Star Specs.

They appear to be a new company so I was hesitant at first to order from them. I saw they accept paypal so knew I'd
be covered if any problems with the order. Ordered them online (they don't do phone). Received email that they'd been shipped
4 days later & were here in Winnipeg 4 days after that (shipped from Ottawa).

I picked up my tires today and am very happy to recommend them to others.

Cheaper to my door than I could order from tire rack. I'll definitely check them out again next time I need tires.
Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 09:29 PM by Imprzme
Save your breath - you'll need it to inflate your girlfriend

Top Tier Imports

Tireset.ca
    « on: March 26, 2015, 01:59 PM »

March 27, 2015, 07:00 PM #1

fruitloops Offline

• Reputation Power: 23
    • fruitloops barely matters.fruitloops barely matters.
    If you don't mind, could you pm me what you paid, and what size tires you have?
    Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 09:43 AM by Shaun
    Bought, not Built.

March 27, 2015, 08:55 PM #2

themikewoo Offline

• Vehicle: 2006 Honda S2000
      • Reputation Power: 190
      • themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!
      How were they packaged?

When I ordered two tires from DiscountTireDirect.com they were just tired together with a taped receipt.

March 27, 2015, 09:29 PM #3

Imprzme Offline

Originally posted by themikewoo
        How were they packaged?

When I ordered two tires from DiscountTireDirect.com they were just tired together with a taped receipt.
        Same thing here, same as Tire Rack ships. These were actually shipped as 4 pieces.

March 27, 2015, 09:36 PM #4

dano Offline

• Vehicle: 2013 Nissan Leaf SL
          • Reputation Power: 91
          • dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!
          Originally posted by Imprzme
          Same thing here, same as Tire Rack ships. These were actually shipped as 4 pieces.
          Did each get their own tracking number? I've heard people have problems if one order is shipped as 4 pieces without separate tracking #'s.
          Current Forester count: 1
          New business opening soon...

March 27, 2015, 09:37 PM #5

Stefan Offline

• Vehicle: 2004 WRX wagon
            • Reputation Power: 48
            • Stefan might someday be someone...Stefan might someday be someone...Stefan might someday be someone...Stefan might someday be someone...
            Originally posted by Imprzme
            I work at a currier company and we get a lot of tires. They are never packaged in any way. Just have the receipt taped to them. It's a shame seeing some of them being handled poorly.
            build it - race it -  break it - do it all over

March 27, 2015, 11:02 PM #6

fruitloops Offline

Originally posted by Stefan
              I work at a currier company and we get a lot of tires. They are never packaged in any way. Just have the receipt taped to them. It's a shame seeing some of them being handled poorly.
              That's why I'm tempted to just buy mediocre tires locally.
              Bought, not Built.

March 27, 2015, 11:14 PM #7

themikewoo Offline

• themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!
                Originally posted by fruitloops
                That's why I'm tempted to just buy mediocre tires locally.
                How do you think those mediocre tires got to Winnipeg in the first place...

#inceptionsound

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

March 27, 2015, 11:22 PM #8

fruitloops Offline

Originally posted by themikewoo
                  How do you think those mediocre tires got to Winnipeg in the first place...

#inceptionsound

The storks brought them obviously. Sheesh woo, you're trippin.
                  Bought, not Built.

March 28, 2015, 08:40 AM #9

IanB Offline

• Vehicle: '93 Land Cruiser HDJ81/'99 MB E55t AMG
                    • Reputation Power: 41
                    • IanB might someday be someone...IanB might someday be someone...IanB might someday be someone...IanB might someday be someone...
                    Those tires have it easy while being shipped, once they're mounted and subjected to Winnipeg's roads is when things really start to suck for them.  Say they are treated as poorly as possible during shipping, what's going to happen to them?  NOTHING.  They are tires, not wheels.  You could throw them out of a moving UPS truck and they'd be fine.
                    '93 Land Cruiser HDJ81
                    '99 MB E55t AMG - DD
                    '04 Lexus GX470

March 28, 2015, 08:50 AM #10

Joe Offline

• Vehicle: MR2 Spyder
                      • Reputation Power: 42
                      • Joe might someday be someone...Joe might someday be someone...Joe might someday be someone...Joe might someday be someone...
                      Originally posted by IanB
                      Those tires have it easy while being shipped, once they're mounted and subjected to Winnipeg's roads is when things really start to suck for them.  Say they are treated as poorly as possible during shipping, what's going to happen to them?  NOTHING.  They are tires, not wheels.  You could throw them out of a moving UPS truck and they'd be fine.

2nd'ed.
                      It's rubber and made to take the abuse of roads.
                      If they boxed up tires there would be more waste and higher shipping costs that would be passed on to us, the consumer.
                      Everyone ships tires strapped together, and when mounted they put foam and cardboard over the faces of the mounted wheel/tire and still strap them.  I've ordered many sets without an issue.
                      D Street #50 - Slicktop E46 323i
                      04' Spyder 1E7 w/LSD - SOLD
                      Project "Cookie Monster" - 96 Corolla DX
                      http://forums.wscc.mb.ca/index.php?/topic/9745-the-cookie-monster/

March 28, 2015, 10:38 AM #11

Adomp Offline

• Vehicle: BMW E36
                        • Reputation Power: 31
                        • Adomp is working their way up.Adomp is working their way up.Adomp is working their way up.
                        Originally posted by Joe
                        2nd'ed.
                        It's rubber and made to take the abuse of roads.
                        If they boxed up tires there would be more waste and higher shipping costs that would be passed on to us, the consumer.
                        Everyone ships tires strapped together, and when mounted they put foam and cardboard over the faces of the mounted wheel/tire and still strap them.  I've ordered many sets without an issue.

this.

They usually ship them in pairs of two so you get two tracking numbers. They do take a beating, but it's pretty hard to actually damage the rubber unless you take a knife and take the time to damage it.
                        [May 03 15:40:09] Uncle Hugh Myron:when 10 asians come at me with weapons i just get on my knees and start sucking their dicks

[Dec 10 16:08:15] Shaun:if u put adom in a cold tub it turns into a hot tub

[Dec 18 12:21:50] Nirusan:ya right
                        [Dec 18 12:21:49] Nirusan:lmao adomp coming to a tti  event

March 28, 2015, 07:18 PM #12

Imprzme Offline

Originally posted by dano
                          Did each get their own tracking number? I've heard people have problems if one order is shipped as 4 pieces without separate tracking #'s.

They were shipped as four pieces, each with it's own tracking #

March 30, 2015, 09:38 AM #13

kin.fxt Offline

• Vehicle: 2005 SUBARU FORESTER XT
                            • Reputation Power: 11
                            • kin.fxt has no influence.
                            @Imprzme whatever total on the site is what you all have to pay for? no COD? What was the shipping process? You mentioned you picked them up?

March 30, 2015, 04:55 PM #14

Imprzme Offline

Originally posted by kalilleis
                              @Imprzme whatever total on the site is what you all have to pay for? no COD? What was the shipping process? You mentioned you picked them up?

I paid with paypal the amount quoted at checkout.  I picked up at Canpar (the shipping company) because I'm rarely at home during the hours they'd deliver it. The shipping price does include delivery to your door.

As soon as Tireset shipped them they emailed me the waybill numbers so I could track them. It went very smoothly.

April 09, 2015, 01:49 PM #15

Scorp Offline

• Vehicle: '10 Gencoupe
                                • Reputation Power: 12
                                • Scorp has no influence.
                                How long from order -> shipped? Just put through something two days ago and awaiting a shipping confirmation.
                                Everything that kills me, makes me feel alive.

April 22, 2015, 10:54 PM #16

kin.fxt Offline

@Scorp any update on your purchase?

May 07, 2015, 01:42 PM #17

kin.fxt Offline

I will be also adding my reviews here for tireset.ca. I purchased a set of 225/50/17 BFGoodrich g-Force COMP-2 A/S for a total price of $661.99.

As there aren't many reviews online with tireset.ca and them being an online only (no telephone support, no address), I was worried because it feels like Im gambling my money here. They use Canpar as shipping and if you read them online, they suck. They deliver during work hours (while no ones home) or declare that they attempted to deliver even though no attempt is done.) *See links below for canpar reviews

I ordered on 24th Apr 2015 @ 1:47 PM. After 4 days of no email that my tires has been shipped, I sent a follow up email. They responded quick but replied that the tires are scheduled to leave on Friday (May 1).

May 1, 2015, I received an email that my order has been updated and marked as shipped. Ok good. But there is no tracking # when I checked my order details on their site.

May 4, 2015, I sent a follow up email regarding about my tires shipped but no tracking is provided.

May 5, 2015, They replied with a tracking #. They only gave one but when you track that # at canpar.ca, another 3 tracking # will show up. So I assumed each tire has a separate tracking #. (See pictures) And so I went to canpar.ca to see the progress.

My estimated delivery date is May 6 but waited all day long at the house but no knock. Thats when I started researching about canpar and found out that their tracking results at their website are not updated instantly (4 days delay?) and also found out that when you miss 2 delivery attempts, they will send it back to the shipper or try another attempt with $10 fee. May 6 has ended and no tires.

May 7, 2015 - Went to school forgetting that I have tires to worry about. After school, yey my tires are here. Good thing my parents are home to receive them.

In conclusion, they are cheap compared to tirerack, discounttiredirect, local, 1010tires, etc. The only thing Im worried about is the shipper. I believe after you make an order at tireset.ca, they will then order directly at the manufacturer and send to their house/warehouse/office. Then canpar will pick it up their and deliver to ur home. They dont have other expenses to operate which makes them cheap. I will order from them again but will have to ask if I can use a different shipping company.

Links:
                                    http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-814462.html
                                    http://forums.redflagdeals.com/canpar-failed-delivery-attempt-return-shipper-1044405/

May 07, 2015, 04:02 PM #18

themikewoo Offline

Location: 2537 Pembina Hwy, Winnipeg, MB R3T 2H5
                                      Nice review. May I ask the reason behind your choice of tires?

May 07, 2015, 04:40 PM #19

kin.fxt Offline

No particular reason. They're new so I'd like to try this one. Was gonna get a the bf ss comp 2 summers but i don't have extra rim for my winter tires so I'll also try this on snow. I will make a review soon

May 16, 2015, 09:11 AM #20

Streko Offline

• Vehicle: 2007 Subaru STi
                                          • Reputation Power: 7
                                          • Streko has no influence.
                                          I guess I'll toss in my review. WALL OF TEXT!

Items: 4 x Sumitomo HTR ZIII's
                                          Ordered these as they were well rated and budget friendly... and they had just run out of stock on the Michelin Pilot Super Sports I originally wanted. (See #3 at the bottom)

4-MAY-2015
                                          - Ordered tires. Nice and reasonable shipping costs since it's Canadian and no need to run across the border.
                                          - Received my Order confirmation e-mail.

7-MAY-2015
                                          - E-mail received noting it has been shipped, but no Tracking Number received.
                                          - Replied requesting to receive the Tracking Number.

8-MAY-2015
                                          - Received my Tracking Number for CanPar, estimated date of arrival was for 12-May-2015.

13-MAY-2015
                                          - Tires received.
                                          - Since I was not at home for the delivery, I left a note for CanPar to deliver to my back yard. They did do this and since I had setup an e-mail notification, I even saw the note that they were delivered to my back yard.
                                          - Each tire was taped with the tracking label.

Tire Cost: $435.96 ($108.99 ea)
                                          Shipping:  $ 40.70
                                          Tax:          $ 23.84
                                          ================================
                                          TOTAL:     $500.50

Pro's:
                                          + Cost for tires do not go crazy expensive just for crossing the border or needing to be imported. (See #1)
                                          + Very reasonable rates for shipping. (See #2)

Cons:
                                          - Deliver date estimate may be a bit off. (See #2)
                                          - Stock seems to be hit/miss. (See #3)

#1: This was important to me because I wasn't completely lost otherwise. I didn't want to make a trip to the US just to pick up new tires, but I knew it had been something I might have to consider. I was very happy with the price.

#2: My fiancée has worked in the print/ship service industry for a while and mentioned that CanPar is known for this by the industry. Good costs for shipping (likely they have a service agreement with TireSet.ca to save the customers some money) but do not tend to be the fastest or most specific delivery dates. "If you want it but can wait a couple weeks before it gets there, go with CanPar" because of the rates they offer.

#3: This one kinda bugged me. I was originally gunning towards a set of Michelin Pilot Super Sports. I did see them on the site one day, but the next they were gone. It's good to know that they take some items off the page when they're out of stock, but it'd be better to know if they had something like:
                                          "Sorry, we're currently out of stock. Please choose another product or check again later."
                                          Items that they would no longer order could still be removed. I did go back another day and they seem to have returned, but appear different. I don't know if this is just a old photo, but I'll stick with what I bought for now.

CONCLUSION: 8/10
                                          All-in-all, I'm pretty happy with how the whole order was handled. As I didn't NEED tires immediately, I wasn't really worried about the arrival date, though wish I managed to order the Michelin's.
                                          I certainly do recommend TireSet.ca - and already have to some friends and family.
                                          Obviously, it hinges on whether or not you need tires RIGHT NOW or can wait for them to arrive... and maybe a day or so off estimate.
                                          I don't drive fast, I fly really low.

Top Tier Imports

Tireset.ca
                                            « Reply #20 on: May 16, 2015, 09:11 AM »