Author Topic: Shipping Services from USA?  (Read 2772 times)

May 04, 2015, 06:51 PM #0

small_cobra

Has anyone ever used a shipping service to ship from sites that only deliver to the USA (myus.com or reship.com) ??

Top Tier Imports

Shipping Services from USA?
    « on: May 04, 2015, 06:51 PM »

May 04, 2015, 07:04 PM #1

Matthew Offline

• Vehicle: '92 EH3, '05 Ranger, '00 Silverado, '00 EX250
    • Reputation Power: 82
    • Matthew is a force to reckon with.Matthew is a force to reckon with.Matthew is a force to reckon with.Matthew is a force to reckon with.Matthew is a force to reckon with.Matthew is a force to reckon with.Matthew is a force to reckon with.Matthew is a force to reckon with.
    Originally posted by small_cobra
    Has anyone ever used a shipping service to ship from sites that only deliver to the USA (myus.com or reship.com) ??

nope but im going to the border end of this week or early next
    EH3 in the making.

[May 26 14:52:31] ACiFiC:matt u r so cute i wish u were under my covers :3 :3 :3 :3 xoxo

Been someones avatar count: 7

May 05, 2015, 05:10 AM #2

CFMP RAblue Offline

• Vehicle: 09 Mits Ralliart Octane blue
      • Reputation Power: 58
      • CFMP RAblue is on the verge of being accepted.CFMP RAblue is on the verge of being accepted.CFMP RAblue is on the verge of being accepted.CFMP RAblue is on the verge of being accepted.CFMP RAblue is on the verge of being accepted.
      I have used R & L carriers to ship a transmission to and from the states, best rates I could find anywhere.
      "Go Fast, Stop Fast"
      Extreme Stop Slotted/Drilled Rotors
      KVR Performance Slotted Rotors
      Magnaflow CBE

May 05, 2015, 06:41 AM #3

themikewoo Offline

• Vehicle: 2006 Honda S2000
        • Reputation Power: 198
        • themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!

June 05, 2015, 05:40 PM #4

small_cobra

Originally posted by themikewoo
        What are you trying to ship?

I've used uship.com.

I had ordered some clothes (yes the girlie thing to do) but they would only ship to the US.  I was able to get someone to pick up the package for me but good to know for the future!

Thanks

June 05, 2015, 05:44 PM #5

themikewoo Offline

• themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!

I had ordered some clothes (yes the girlie thing to do) but they would only ship to the US.  I was able to get someone to pick up the package for me but good to know for the future!

Thanks

Clothes? I thought you were referring to a car or a boat lol. Next time setup an account with Pembina Parcel or Mike's Corner Parcel Pickup.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

June 05, 2015, 05:47 PM #6

small_cobra

Clothes? I thought you were referring to a car or a boat lol. Next time setup an account with Pembina Parcel or Mike's Corner Parcel Pickup.

I wasn't able to drive down to the boarder myself ! I already have an account with Pembina Parcel.

June 05, 2015, 06:07 PM #7

themikewoo Offline

I wasn't able to drive down to the boarder myself ! I already have an account with Pembina Parcel.

Oh now I get it. Your original post did not make that clear. Maybe if someone would of asked more questions the problem would of been solved by simply directing you to the already made and used thread on TTI about picking stuff up at the parcel places.

Sorry on my phone so cannot link for future reference.

June 05, 2015, 07:17 PM #8

Lou Offline

• Vehicle: 2017 Toyota 86
                • Reputation Power: 35
                • Lou is working their way up.Lou is working their way up.Lou is working their way up.

Last time I picked up a parcel at mikes or pembina parcel I remember seeing something about them being able to ship parcels sent there to Canada. I think they called the service parcel forwarding or something along those lines. I tried finding it on the website but they didn't offer any details about it just a contact email for those that are interested.

September 14, 2015, 10:44 AM #9

Wagonman Offline

• Reputation Power: 2
                  • Wagonman has no influence.
                  I've used Mike's Parcel Pickup twice now, once for a downpipe and heat shield and once for a big roll of vinyl. They are super cheap at $6CAD per parcel and neither time have I had to pay any duties at the border (just lucky I guess :P)

September 14, 2015, 05:54 PM #10

Aragrev7 Offline

• Vehicle: 2006 TSX 6MT - CGP
                    • Reputation Power: 4
                    • Aragrev7 has no influence.
                    Another vote for mikes parcel pick up. Easy to do. Cheap.
                    Just make sure to pay the border ppl properly. They flag me when I go thru to pick up stuff, so the border agent is waiting with my license plate number on the way back.

September 14, 2015, 05:57 PM #11

themikewoo Offline

Originally posted by Aragrev7
                      Another vote for mikes parcel pick up. Easy to do. Cheap.
                      Just make sure to pay the border ppl properly. They flag me when I go thru to pick up stuff, so the border agent is waiting with my license plate number on the way back.
                      Why are you flagged?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

December 02, 2015, 04:12 PM #12

Aragrev7 Offline

Why are you flagged?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
                        I'm assuming because I tell them my purpose is to pick up some car parts/shopping. Want to make sure I pay for it, which is reason enough.
                        I also know that they're trained to profile. My "tricked" out car, young looking, dark complexion, make me a viable threat. :D

December 02, 2015, 04:21 PM #13

Riley Offline

• Vehicle: '15 Fiesta ST
                          • Reputation Power: 131
                          • Riley is awe-inspiring!Riley is awe-inspiring!Riley is awe-inspiring!Riley is awe-inspiring!Riley is awe-inspiring!Riley is awe-inspiring!Riley is awe-inspiring!Riley is awe-inspiring!Riley is awe-inspiring!Riley is awe-inspiring!Riley is awe-inspiring!Riley is awe-inspiring!
                          I'm assuming because I tell them my purpose is to pick up some car parts/shopping. Want to make sure I pay for it, which is reason enough.
                          I also know that they're trained to profile. My "tricked" out car, young looking, dark complexion, make me a viable threat. :D

I'll be waiting with gloves on, ready to go deep.
                          #keepingitstock

December 04, 2015, 12:32 PM #14

carterjalil Offline

• Vehicle: 2010 Maxima SV - Sport
                            • Reputation Power: 29
                            • carterjalil barely matters.carterjalil barely matters.
                            They always check my car on the way in the US and back in Canada>>>always

December 04, 2015, 02:13 PM #15

Aragrev7 Offline

Originally posted by Riley
                              I'll be waiting with gloves on, ready to go deep.
                              >thumbs up< -pun intended. Thx for protecting us regardless!

April 09, 2016, 02:04 PM #16

Wagonman Offline

• Reputation Power: 2
                                • Wagonman has no influence.

Old topic but I'll update after my 3rd pickup.
                                I'm pretty sure they do it based on how suspicious you are and how much you tell them you've got. All 3 times I told them specifically I went over to pick up packages. No time did they ever "flag" me. The first time I went over I was only picking up $150 and they let me go through with no duties. The 2nd time it was something like $200 and the border agent gave me a form to pay my duty. Went into the building to pay and the guy tore it up and said see ya. The third time I declared $250 and the made me pay around $30 I think. No time did they ever actually look in my car. Oh well you win some you lose some!

April 09, 2016, 06:10 PM #17

Aragrev7 Offline

Originally posted by Wagonman
                                  Old topic but I'll update after my 3rd pickup.
                                  I'm pretty sure they do it based on how suspicious you are and how much you tell them you've got. All 3 times I told them specifically I went over to pick up packages. No time did they ever "flag" me. The first time I went over I was only picking up $150 and they let me go through with no duties. The 2nd time it was something like $200 and the border agent gave me a form to pay my duty. Went into the building to pay and the guy tore it up and said see ya. The third time I declared $250 and the made me pay around $30 I think. No time did they ever actually look in my car. Oh well you win some you lose some!
                                  It's all about how suspicious they perceive you to be based on profiling (border 101 I'm told by ex-border agent psych prof). Lowered, heavily modded car, tinted windows. Non-white. Alarm alarm alarm :D
                                  I did make it thru one time during a late night crossing of all times loll! Must have been a shift change or something.

April 10, 2016, 01:21 AM #18

Vince Offline

• Vehicle: 2012 Si
                                    • Reputation Power: 174
                                    • Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!
                                    Every time I see the "NEW" button lit up for the Reviews forum I keep thinking it's some fire replies from slicktintdan, but no. It's just this thread.

Stop making me all excited just to kill my dreams.
                                    (∩ ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)⊃━☆ ─=≡Σ((( つ◕ل͜◕)つ

[May 23 00:37:52] Sloppyclock:But Moooooom, I was being a street terrorist

April 10, 2016, 09:38 AM #19

Joe Offline

• Vehicle: MR2 Spyder
                                      • Reputation Power: 43
                                      • Joe might someday be someone...Joe might someday be someone...Joe might someday be someone...Joe might someday be someone...
                                      I've only been searched once going down for a autox event in my old Corolla, when I told him I was competing with it.
                                      When crossing into the us, there were two times over the years they didn't even take my passport crossing at neche/gretna entering the us.
                                      Never checked coming home, only need to pay usually over $175-200.
                                      D Street #50 - Slicktop E46 323i
                                      04' Spyder 1E7 w/LSD - SOLD
                                      Project "Cookie Monster" - 96 Corolla DX
                                      http://forums.wscc.mb.ca/index.php?/topic/9745-the-cookie-monster/

Top Tier Imports

Shipping Services from USA?
                                        « Reply #19 on: April 10, 2016, 09:38 AM »