Author Topic: PAC TATO  (Read 911 times)

May 12, 2015, 01:00 PM #0

Rx7rotary Offline

• Vehicle: '85 RX-7 GSL-SE, '03 IS300
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Rx7rotary has no influence.
So I just picked up a new (to me) car and found that the aftermarket stereo was very quiet, with little to no sound from the rear speakers.
I took the head unit out and found that the previous owner had installed a PAC TATO unit (to interface the new head unit with the factory amplifier and speakers).

I did some research and found that before installing this unit, the original radio should have had the volume turned up nearly all the way and the power shut off before installing the TATO unit. If this is not done, the amplifier is stuck in some kind of "low" mode. I am assuming this is the reason for the quiet sound and since I do not have the stock head unit, I am not sure what to do.

Do any of you audio wizards have any tricks, or am I stuck trying to find a factory head unit... If so, does anyone know of any 01-05 Lexus IS300 factory stereos, or parts cars in town?

Thanks,
Alex
Shiftin gears, eatin cheeseburgers

Top Tier Imports

PAC TATO
    « on: May 12, 2015, 01:00 PM »

May 14, 2015, 09:00 PM #1

Bmoney Offline

• Reputation Power: 7
    • Bmoney has no influence.
    i would spend the time to bypass the factory amp and drive 4 speakers in the car directly with the radio. 

May 15, 2015, 10:05 AM #2

Rx7rotary Offline

• Vehicle: '85 RX-7 GSL-SE, '03 IS300
      • Reputation Power: 5
      • Rx7rotary has no influence.
      The only issue is that it is an 8 speaker setup, the rear "woofers" are 2ohm and crossover is built into the factory amp.

I could get it set up without the factory amp but it would take an external amp and some creativity. I have read that the stock stereo is quite decent so I would like to get things figured out if possible.

Thanks!

Shiftin gears, eatin cheeseburgers

May 15, 2015, 01:34 PM #3

benz88 Offline

• Reputation Power: 66
        • benz88 is a rising star!benz88 is a rising star!benz88 is a rising star!benz88 is a rising star!benz88 is a rising star!benz88 is a rising star!
        Where does one get PAC products in the city on another note? I need to get a module for all my damn steering wheel controls in my truck.
        '91 240sx Hatch
        '93 Lincoln Towncar Lowrider
        '50 Pontiac Fleetleader 2dr
        '04 Chevy Silverado Crew 5.3
        '95 Silverado Diesel(RIP Nov 18th)

May 16, 2015, 07:56 AM #4

cluelessk Offline

• Vehicle: 2008 Cobalt SS
          • Reputation Power: 21
          • cluelessk barely matters.cluelessk barely matters.
          Originally posted by benz88
          Where does one get PAC products in the city on another note? I need to get a module for all my damn steering wheel controls in my truck.
          Visions. But you're probably better off ordering online even with our weak dollar.
          [Mar 23 12:14:28] Anne Gus:nah clueless is right

Top Tier Imports

PAC TATO
            « Reply #4 on: May 16, 2015, 07:56 AM »