Author Topic: Looking for UMPIRE to settle a mpi claim!  (Read 636 times)

May 19, 2015, 11:38 AM #0

Stefan Offline

• Vehicle: 2004 WRX wagon
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • Stefan might someday be someone...Stefan might someday be someone...Stefan might someday be someone...Stefan might someday be someone...
Hello everyone. I have been chosen as the appraiser for a 2004 Subaru Impreza that has been written off 2 months ago. Unfortunately I have not been able to come to an agreement with the chosen arbitrator and am now looking for 3 potential umpires. I would greatly appreciate it if someone with experience and knowledge in the car market or Subaru's in general could help me out. Thanks in advance!
build it - race it -  break it - do it all over

Top Tier Imports

Looking for UMPIRE to settle a mpi claim!
    « on: May 19, 2015, 11:38 AM »

May 19, 2015, 01:00 PM #1

themikewoo Offline

• Vehicle: 2006 Honda S2000
    • Reputation Power: 198
    • themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!
    Wait so your wagon got written off and the arbitrator you found is not giving you the number you want either?

May 19, 2015, 02:31 PM #2

IanB Offline

• Vehicle: '93 Land Cruiser HDJ81/'99 MB E55t AMG
      • Reputation Power: 42
      • IanB might someday be someone...IanB might someday be someone...IanB might someday be someone...IanB might someday be someone...
      Sounds like the OP has been chosen as the arbitrator on behalf of the vehicle owner, he and the MPI appointed arbitrator were not able to come to terms, so the next step is selecting an umpire who's say is binding on both parties.  That said, he's looking for suggestions on umpires suitable to handle the situation.

That being said, good luck finding someone both qualified and unbiased that the MPI arbitrator will agree to use.  Maybe the sales manager at one of the local Subaru dealers would take it on?  It does pay afterall.
      '93 Land Cruiser HDJ81
      '99 MB E55t AMG - DD - FOR SALE!
      '04 Lexus GX470

May 19, 2015, 03:39 PM #3

Stefan Offline

• Vehicle: 2004 WRX wagon
        • Reputation Power: 48
        • Stefan might someday be someone...Stefan might someday be someone...Stefan might someday be someone...Stefan might someday be someone...
        Originally posted by IanB
        Sounds like the OP has been chosen as the arbitrator on behalf of the vehicle owner, he and the MPI appointed arbitrator were not able to come to terms, so the next step is selecting an umpire who's say is binding on both parties.  That said, he's looking for suggestions on umpires suitable to handle the situation.

That being said, good luck finding someone both qualified and unbiased that the MPI arbitrator will agree to use.  Maybe the sales manager at one of the local Subaru dealers would take it on?  It does pay afterall.
        This is exactly what I am looking for.

The owner of the vehicle had picked me as an arbitrator but I was not able to settle on a price with MPI's arbitrator. Now I need to gind potential Umpire candidates.
        build it - race it -  break it - do it all over

May 19, 2015, 05:31 PM #4

firelizard Offline

• Vehicle: UZS161
          • Reputation Power: 108
          • firelizard has an aura about them.firelizard has an aura about them.firelizard has an aura about them.firelizard has an aura about them.firelizard has an aura about them.firelizard has an aura about them.firelizard has an aura about them.firelizard has an aura about them.firelizard has an aura about them.firelizard has an aura about them.
          Do it, Aenimal. Technical Moderator that **** into the ground.

Top Tier Imports

Looking for UMPIRE to settle a mpi claim!
            « Reply #4 on: May 19, 2015, 05:31 PM »