Author Topic: Enviro-Tech Powder Coating  (Read 3683 times)

May 19, 2015, 12:35 PM #0

DonR Offline

• Vehicle: 83 CAMARO Z28/94 K1500
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • DonR is a force to reckon with.DonR is a force to reckon with.DonR is a force to reckon with.DonR is a force to reckon with.DonR is a force to reckon with.DonR is a force to reckon with.DonR is a force to reckon with.DonR is a force to reckon with.
So recently I had some powder coating done.
Not really in Winnipeg a ton during regular business hours I decided to give someone local to where I work a try.
In Winkler I deal with Enviro-Tech quite often powder coating semi wheels so I figured why not give them a shot.

The original phone call went quick as I knew exactly what I wanted and it was a regular stocking color.
I chose gloss white for a 17" aluminum car wheel.
Spoke with Tim- and he was very quick asked a few questions about the wheels, if there was any damage etc. but after he gather his info gave me the price of $50 per wheel.
To me the price was fair comparing to what others have paid so I asked when I could bring them in, and how long they would take.
Tim told me I could bring them down anytime during business hours to get the process started and the would be done within 5 business days or faster.

Overall the entire process of dealing with them was quick and as painless as it can be when money is leaving your wallet.
Dropped my wheels off on Friday May 8th, and got a call Wednesday May 13th at the end of the day that they would be ready to pick up the following morning, so on Thursday May 14th I picked up and paid.

the total experience was very good, if I ever need wheels powder coated again I would definitely give them a call.

here's a link to their website if anyone is interested.
http://www.envirotechpc.com/

I don't know if I left anything out but if I did i'll fill in any info I can.
[Sep 19 13:42:06] alexatwork21:I just want to rub butter on my body and dance the night away. Probably drink, maybe jack off a donkey. I just want to get lost in the moment.

89 240SX- SOLD
95 GTR- SOLD
03 RSX-S - SOLD
08 G6- wrekt
10 Gen Coupe- WREKT

Top Tier Imports

Enviro-Tech Powder Coating
    « on: May 19, 2015, 12:35 PM »

May 19, 2015, 12:37 PM #1

DonR Offline

• DonR is a force to reckon with.DonR is a force to reckon with.DonR is a force to reckon with.DonR is a force to reckon with.DonR is a force to reckon with.DonR is a force to reckon with.DonR is a force to reckon with.DonR is a force to reckon with.
    also I was quite impressed with how the wheels were packaged when I picked them up.
    here are some photos below.

they were also fully coated 360 degrees, outside and inside, I've noticed on a few sets of wheels I've changed tires on that the inner barrel of the wheels aren't coated the same as the face as well as the inside of the wheel where the tire would cover isn't really coated either.
    [Sep 19 13:42:06] alexatwork21:I just want to rub butter on my body and dance the night away. Probably drink, maybe jack off a donkey. I just want to get lost in the moment.

89 240SX- SOLD
    95 GTR- SOLD
    03 RSX-S - SOLD
    08 G6- wrekt
    10 Gen Coupe- WREKT

May 19, 2015, 06:15 PM #2

fruitloops Offline

• Reputation Power: 23
      • fruitloops barely matters.fruitloops barely matters.
      Sandblasted first I hope?
      Bought, not Built.

May 19, 2015, 11:26 PM #3

Dan

Originally posted by fruitloops

IIRC, that's the only way you can powdercoat.   Since its a coating applied by electro-magnetic procedure, i think they would need to be bare metal first.

May 20, 2015, 10:36 AM #4

Miguel Offline

• Reputation Power: 74
          • Miguel has a powerful will.Miguel has a powerful will.Miguel has a powerful will.Miguel has a powerful will.Miguel has a powerful will.Miguel has a powerful will.Miguel has a powerful will.
          Looking good! Might get them to do the rpf1's.
          #DRIVEN2017 #IMPORTSOMETHING2017      

[Mar 13 11:28:02] Shaun:ur gonna play 20 questions with me like that oil cap arent u

May 20, 2015, 01:03 PM #5

DonR Offline

Originally posted by fruitloops
            yes a light sandblast first.

driven for a week so far about 900km so far, pressure washed them twice now because of the rain over the weekend and crappy gravel I work on.  the only downside so far is the white shows dust on them basically right away.

89 240SX- SOLD
            95 GTR- SOLD
            03 RSX-S - SOLD
            08 G6- wrekt
            10 Gen Coupe- WREKT

May 20, 2015, 01:06 PM #6

Shaun Offline

• Vehicle: 1998 Civic, 2003 GS430
              • Reputation Power: 366
              • Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!
              So you gonna post pics of the actual finish or are we supposed to just imagine what it looks like???

May 20, 2015, 02:28 PM #7

DonR Offline

Originally posted by Shaun
                So you gonna post pics of the actual finish or are we supposed to just imagine what it looks like???
                I did have pictures of that but my niece deleted them off of my phone, i'll wash my car tonight and post up pictures of them finished.

89 240SX- SOLD
                95 GTR- SOLD
                03 RSX-S - SOLD
                08 G6- wrekt
                10 Gen Coupe- WREKT

May 21, 2015, 12:10 AM #8

atticus.rascal Offline

• Reputation Power: 2
                  • atticus.rascal has no influence.
                  I've heard nothing but good about Envirotech. I've only ever brought one thing there and that was an antenna tower for work. They did good work and the finish is still holding up years later.

May 22, 2015, 10:26 AM #9

DonR Offline

have the pictures of the finished product mounted on the car but can't get them off of my phone, will post them as soon as I can

89 240SX- SOLD
                    95 GTR- SOLD
                    03 RSX-S - SOLD
                    08 G6- wrekt
                    10 Gen Coupe- WREKT

May 22, 2015, 11:48 AM #10

dano Offline

• Vehicle: 2013 Nissan Leaf SL
                      • Reputation Power: 91
                      • dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!

Originally posted by DonR
                      have the pictures of the finished product mounted on the car but can't get them off of my phone, will post them as soon as I can
                      You have to cook the potato to bring out the flavors
                      Current Forester count: 1
                      New business opening soon...

May 22, 2015, 11:56 AM #11

DonR Offline

Originally posted by dano
                        You have to cook the potato to bring out the flavors
                        I'll try throwing my old dying iphone 4s in the oven,  what temperature would you recommend?  325 degrees for about 15 minutes?

89 240SX- SOLD
                        95 GTR- SOLD
                        03 RSX-S - SOLD
                        08 G6- wrekt
                        10 Gen Coupe- WREKT

May 22, 2015, 10:12 PM #12

Dan

Originally posted by DonR
                          I'll try throwing my old dying iphone 4s in the oven,  what temperature would you recommend?  325 degrees for about 15 minutes?
                          Broil just to be safe.   not srs. dont listen to me.

May 24, 2015, 12:11 PM #13

firelizard Offline

• Vehicle: UZS161
                            • Reputation Power: 106
                            • firelizard has an aura about them.firelizard has an aura about them.firelizard has an aura about them.firelizard has an aura about them.firelizard has an aura about them.firelizard has an aura about them.firelizard has an aura about them.firelizard has an aura about them.firelizard has an aura about them.firelizard has an aura about them.
                            Originally posted by Dan
                            IIRC, that's the only way you can powdercoat.   Since its a coating applied by electro-magnetic procedure, i think they would need to be bare metal first.

Electrostatic, not magnetic. You can certainly powdercoat over non-metals, including previous powdercoats. It might not work well for other reasons though, like the quality of the surface, or contamination.
                            Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 12:13 PM by firelizard

May 24, 2015, 04:52 PM #14

Dan

Originally posted by firelizard
                              Electrostatic, not magnetic. You can certainly powdercoat over non-metals, including previous powdercoats. It might not work well for other reasons though, like the quality of the surface, or contamination.
                              Whoops my bad.   Thanks for correcting me.   +rep

June 06, 2015, 12:17 PM #15

DonR Offline

finally got pictures off of my broke-ass phone.

this is after roughly 1800km
                                Please excuse some of the gravel dust inside the wheel and lug holes.

Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 12:20 PM by DonR

89 240SX- SOLD
                                95 GTR- SOLD
                                03 RSX-S - SOLD
                                08 G6- wrekt
                                10 Gen Coupe- WREKT

October 06, 2015, 10:28 AM #16

MarvinM10 Offline

• Vehicle: 2010 Mazdaspeed3
                                  • Reputation Power: 25
                                  • MarvinM10 barely matters.MarvinM10 barely matters.
                                  Just got a quote for 65.00/wheel (18inch) for in stock black. They are my summers, so will post pics when done next month. Ride Industries quoted 125.00/wheel.
                                  Laziness breeds efficiency

October 06, 2015, 01:46 PM #17

DonR Offline

@MarvinM10  I believe you will be satisfied with their work,  I never ended up posting pictures of the wheels before I sold the car but with roughly 20,000km after the powder coat they still looked fresh

89 240SX- SOLD
                                    95 GTR- SOLD
                                    03 RSX-S - SOLD
                                    08 G6- wrekt
                                    10 Gen Coupe- WREKT

October 09, 2015, 02:01 AM #18

ACiFiC Offline

• Vehicle: x2 Eunos
                                      • Reputation Power: 85
                                      • ACiFiC is a force to reckon with.ACiFiC is a force to reckon with.ACiFiC is a force to reckon with.ACiFiC is a force to reckon with.ACiFiC is a force to reckon with.ACiFiC is a force to reckon with.ACiFiC is a force to reckon with.ACiFiC is a force to reckon with.
                                      At that price, you're responsible for the prep work or he does it?
                                      Originally posted by Winter Beater
                                      If a car is shows that a solid effort was made, and the car is reasonably well executed I can respect that. Even if it's not my cup of tea..

March 11, 2016, 10:26 AM #19

MarvinM10 Offline

Finally got my rims done. Dropped them off last Thursday and picked them up this Thursday. All in around 300$, including cleaning and blasting them. Just got gloss black, and they look great. The whole rim including the interior of the barrel is done. Would go again, maybe I can convince my wife to do her summer rims.

March 11, 2016, 10:42 AM #20

Igor Offline

• Vehicle: 2014 Subaru WRX STI Sport Tech
                                          • Reputation Power: 236
                                          • Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!
                                          looks good. make sure you keep those tires dressed so that it doesn't throw off the look of the wheel.
                                          2000 Acura Integra GSR - Sold
                                          2014 Subaru WRX STI Sport Tech

March 11, 2016, 10:44 AM #21

MarvinM10 Offline

Lol. I know. Any recommendations? The tires are new and they look tired. Also going to look for some paint to hide the balance weights.

March 11, 2016, 10:53 AM #22

Igor Offline

• Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!
                                              Originally posted by MarvinM10
                                              Lol. I know. Any recommendations? The tires are new and they look tired. Also going to look for some paint to hide the balance weights.

Poorboy's Bold N Bright https://www.eshine.ca/collections/poorboys-world/products/poorboys-bold-n-bright-gel-tire-dressing-16oz

Gives you a great shine and doesn't leave gunk on your tires like most other tire dressings.

March 11, 2016, 11:05 AM #23

dano Offline

• Vehicle: 2013 Nissan Leaf SL
                                                • Reputation Power: 91
                                                • dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!
                                                Originally posted by Igor
                                                Poorboy's Bold N Bright https://www.eshine.ca/collections/poorboys-world/products/poorboys-bold-n-bright-gel-tire-dressing-16oz

Gives you a great shine and doesn't leave gunk on your tires like most other tire dressings.
                                                Maybe @Igor or @Shaun organize a group buy with suggested products soon, so ppl can get them before spring awakening?
                                                Current Forester count: 1
                                                New business opening soon...

March 11, 2016, 11:15 AM #24

Igor Offline

Originally posted by dano
                                                  Maybe @Igor or @Shaun organize a group buy with suggested products soon, so ppl can get them before spring awakening?

I already have more than enough products to last me the next couple of years. We could put together a recommended list but feel free to start up a group by yourself and see if anyone else is interested.

Top Tier Imports

Enviro-Tech Powder Coating
                                                    « Reply #24 on: March 11, 2016, 11:15 AM »