Author Topic: Torqued Performance - A Long Term Review  (Read 1311 times)

June 11, 2015, 07:27 AM #0

Shaun Offline

• Vehicle: 1998 Civic, 2003 GS430
  • Reputation Power: 366
  • Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!
Torqued Performance provides off the shelf (OTS) maps for 08-14 Subaru WRXs as well as custom tuning services for most turbocharged Subaru vehicles.

I don't remember how I first stumbled across TP, but everyone that had used him (Eric) for tuning had nothing but good things to say about his service and his tunes. I decided that when I went stage 2 that I would purchase one of his tunes and get it e-tuned for my car.

It was between 30k-40k kms that I went stage 2. I purchased his map (at the time it was $85, looks like it's $99 now) and loaded it up on my AccessPort. The great thing about Eric is that he will tweak your map for free until your car is running optimally. This is done by creating a datalog, emailing it to Eric, in which he then adjusts your map and sends you a new revision. The best thing is that he's incredibly fast. It was usually around half an hour before I would receive my latest revision after sending in a datalog.

Around 40k kms later, I decided to upgrade to the TP stage 3 map, which required a larger intercooler and EBCS. Again, Eric tweaked the map for me until we were happy with it.

As some of you know, I decided to part out my WRX. I went back to my original stage 2 tune at around 105k kms and now I'm at 120k kms.

So there you have it. I've been running Torqued Performance maps for 80-90k kms with no engine issues. Any other 3rd gen WRX owners that are running a Cobb OTS stage 2 map, I highly recommend you upgrade to a map from TP. Thumbs up for Torqued Performance!

http://www.torquedperformance.com/main.sc
Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 07:32 AM by Shaun

Top Tier Imports

Torqued Performance - A Long Term Review
    « on: June 11, 2015, 07:27 AM »

June 11, 2015, 08:43 AM #1

Matthew Offline

• Vehicle: '92 EH3, '05 Ranger, '00 Silverado, '00 EX250
    • Reputation Power: 82
    • Matthew is a force to reckon with.Matthew is a force to reckon with.Matthew is a force to reckon with.Matthew is a force to reckon with.Matthew is a force to reckon with.Matthew is a force to reckon with.Matthew is a force to reckon with.Matthew is a force to reckon with.
    Awesome info xoxo
    EH3 in the making.

[May 26 14:52:31] ACiFiC:matt u r so cute i wish u were under my covers :3 :3 :3 :3 xoxo

Been someones avatar count: 7

June 11, 2015, 08:44 AM #2

xrdriver Offline

• Vehicle: '15 STi &'10 STi
      • Reputation Power: 15
      • xrdriver has no influence.
      I had Eric tune my 2013 Forester XT after I installed a VF52 turbo, larger intercooler, intake and downpipe - essentially making it a TP Stage 3 map for 09-14 WRX.  He usually responded to my emails within 30 minutes too which is incredibly fast.  Some evenings I was able to get 4 map revisions done!  I would highly recommend him also :)

June 11, 2015, 09:20 AM #3

Igor Offline

• Vehicle: 2014 Subaru WRX STI Sport Tech
        • Reputation Power: 236
        • Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!
        Awesome info. I've been in contact with Eric over the past few months and everything is in place for when I end up going to stage 2.

A note to 08-15 STI owners. Even though there are no STI maps on his website, he will still tune them, however, you will require a fuel line fix beforehand to get rid of the 2k-3k rpm stumble.

There are a few options:
        iA Performance
        Cobb Tuning
        DIY 3' Extension
        2000 Acura Integra GSR - Sold
        2014 Subaru WRX STI Sport Tech

June 11, 2015, 11:32 AM #4

kelwinski Offline

• Vehicle: 10 Rex
          • Reputation Power: 3
          • kelwinski has no influence.
          My experience with Eric is very positive, I run cobb acn91 for the winter and TP map for the summer. My butt dyno definitely felt more torque from the TP map comparing to the cobb map, the car pulls harder and smoother. I've been using the stock 3G wrx tmic, bpv and TB hose with it till May this year, no leaks or anything. Eric responded to my emails very quick as well, we did 4 revisions on a Saturday and 1 revision on a Sunday.
          +1 on recommending Eric @TP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

June 12, 2015, 11:22 AM #5

awd_ftw Offline

• Vehicle: '98 ver4 gf8 STi, '10 subaru impreza 2.5i
            • Reputation Power: 7
            • awd_ftw has no influence.
            A buddy of mine is very happy with his stage 2.52 from Eric. He drives a 08 wrx. Eric replies back almost instantly when he has a question.

Top Tier Imports

Torqued Performance - A Long Term Review
              « Reply #5 on: June 12, 2015, 11:22 AM »