Author Topic: NEED HELP: car had a remote starter i didnt know about now car has no power  (Read 857 times)

June 26, 2015, 05:17 PM #0

bobjacobson Offline

• Reputation Power: 3
  • bobjacobson has no influence.
Ok car is an 06 RSX USDM. I was trying to install daytime running lights. I found what i thought was a good ignition wire and spliced into it.

I then turned the keys to "on" the lights started flashing so i turned it off disconnected the DRLs and now nothing works no power to anything.

I peaked around under the dash and found an aftermarket remote start module and a transmitter bypass all spliced in to the ignition.

I can only assume i somehow screwed this thing up. Model is a "crimestoppers cool start 1304 dp.

Now i need advice.... would my best bet be to take the whole unit out and patch up the wiring?

I try not to mess with electrical for this exact reason.... please help!

Top Tier Imports

June 26, 2015, 07:27 PM #1

bobjacobson Offline

Disregard. Ripped the bastard out and its all good

June 26, 2015, 09:56 PM #2

fruitloops Offline

• Reputation Power: 23
      • fruitloops barely matters.fruitloops barely matters.
      Lmao. Not an immobilizer then?
      Bought, not Built.

June 26, 2015, 10:16 PM #3

Bmoney Offline

• Reputation Power: 7
        • Bmoney has no influence.
        not on that new a Honda.  And they're not labelled.  The flashing lights you saw were likely parklamps indicating an alarm condition - and no power = starter/ignition kill.  I bet you cut a relay or two that were "inline" with ign and starter wires

June 27, 2015, 12:15 AM #4

bobjacobson Offline

Originally posted by Bmoney
          not on that new a Honda.  And they're not labelled.  The flashing lights you saw were likely parklamps indicating an alarm condition - and no power = starter/ignition kill.  I bet you cut a relay or two that were "inline" with ign and starter wires
          I had tapped into what i thought was an ignition 12v but was some jumper cable between a transmitter by pass box and the "brain" of the unit.

I guess it fried the transmitter by pass box so it wouldnt start.

luckily it wasnt installed very well so she came apart pretty easily. Now its back the way that the good lord Honda intended.

July 03, 2015, 02:18 PM #5

Bmoney Offline

• Reputation Power: 7
            • Bmoney has no influence.
            the bypass box was likely a data module for the remote start.  I would have wanted to see ign, and only used that circuit as sense (not trigger).  You tapping into the same ign lead should have done nothing to fry the bypass.  It also does not "cut" any data wires/etc, so it being dead would not have interfered with the vehicle starting.  It sounds as if you caused a circuit fault - perhaps blown a fuse - and without ign, the car will not start. 

Top Tier Imports