Author Topic: Skunk 2 lowering springs here in 204.  (Read 1313 times)

July 02, 2015, 10:32 AM #0

Raphyboii Offline

• Vehicle: 2002 Acura RSX type-s
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Raphyboii has no influence.
im just wondering if skunk 2 lowering springs are any good? specially here in winnipeg where theres a lot of potholes.

Top Tier Imports

Skunk 2 lowering springs here in 204.
    « on: July 02, 2015, 10:32 AM »

July 02, 2015, 01:58 PM #1

DonR Offline

• Vehicle: 83 CAMARO Z28/94 K1500
    • Reputation Power: 80
    • DonR is a force to reckon with.DonR is a force to reckon with.DonR is a force to reckon with.DonR is a force to reckon with.DonR is a force to reckon with.DonR is a force to reckon with.DonR is a force to reckon with.DonR is a force to reckon with.
    I went with eibach sport line springs on my 03 rsx type s 
    as with any lowered or already low vehicle, be careful around potholes.
    but beyond that  ride quality is great, they're very comfortable, and handle way better than stock.

ordered from  speed factor
    shipping was quick, and with the dollar where it's at  they were cheaper than buying online.
    Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 01:59 PM by DonR
    [Sep 19 13:42:06] alexatwork21:I just want to rub butter on my body and dance the night away. Probably drink, maybe jack off a donkey. I just want to get lost in the moment.

89 240SX- SOLD
    95 GTR- SOLD
    03 RSX-S - SOLD
    08 G6- wrekt
    10 Gen Coupe- WREKT

July 02, 2015, 11:17 PM #2

themikewoo Offline

• Vehicle: 2006 Honda S2000
      • Reputation Power: 199
      • themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!
      What vehicle will these be for?
      Why do you want lowering springs only? If you are still on stock shocks you will put extra wear on them and will most likely need to upgrade your shocks sooner than later.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

July 04, 2015, 12:06 AM #3

Vince Offline

• Vehicle: 2012 Si
        • Reputation Power: 174
        • Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!
        Skunk2 is the same as Eibach IIRC.

Eibach is pretty stiff, and a lot of people don't really like them from what I've heard.

I went with Tein S.Tech's due to the positive things I heard about them (and some coercion).

I'd recommend looking at Tein's over junk2.

Just my two cents though.
        (∩ ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)⊃━☆ ─=≡Σ((( つ◕ل͜◕)つ

[May 23 00:37:52] Sloppyclock:But Moooooom, I was being a street terrorist

July 04, 2015, 06:49 AM #4

Gqnd Offline

• Vehicle: 2013 Subaru STi sedan
          • Reputation Power: 1
          • Gqnd has no influence.
          I have the skunk2 with stock struts on my 05 dc5 .... The ride is ....jarring.  They will be coming off for full coil overs next season.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

July 04, 2015, 09:24 AM #5

fruitloops Offline

• Reputation Power: 23
            • fruitloops barely matters.fruitloops barely matters.
            I love my eibach sportlines. Not that stiff at all.
            Bought, not Built.

July 05, 2015, 03:23 PM #6

DonR Offline

• Vehicle: 83 CAMARO Z28/94 K1500
              • Reputation Power: 80
              • DonR is a force to reckon with.DonR is a force to reckon with.DonR is a force to reckon with.DonR is a force to reckon with.DonR is a force to reckon with.DonR is a force to reckon with.DonR is a force to reckon with.DonR is a force to reckon with.
              I don't find my eibach springs to be stiff whatsoever.
              10/10 would buy again- but still want to upgrade to coil overs
              [Sep 19 13:42:06] alexatwork21:I just want to rub butter on my body and dance the night away. Probably drink, maybe jack off a donkey. I just want to get lost in the moment.

89 240SX- SOLD
              95 GTR- SOLD
              03 RSX-S - SOLD
              08 G6- wrekt
              10 Gen Coupe- WREKT

July 05, 2015, 04:50 PM #7

jordisonjr Offline

• Vehicle: 14/15 Endeavor New Standard 151
                • Reputation Power: 206
                • jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!
                Originally posted by fruitloops
                I love my eibach sportlines. Not that stiff at all.
                Considering you drive a Mazda, and he has an RSX, its not the greatest comparison.
                Originally posted by Madbuzz41
                I'm not a fan of blowing for a long time anyways ; )

[Mar 31 23:03:18] Basil:Dan go outside without your pants and let your beef curtains flap around in the wind like a windsock

[Dec 11 14:00:38] alexatwork21:I

July 05, 2015, 05:31 PM #8

fruitloops Offline

• Reputation Power: 23
                  • fruitloops barely matters.fruitloops barely matters.
                  Originally posted by jordisonjr
                  Considering you drive a Mazda, and he has an RSX, its not the greatest comparison.
                  It's the same spring. No matter what vehicle it is lmao
                  Bought, not Built.

July 07, 2015, 07:45 PM #9

firelizard Offline

• Vehicle: UZS161
                    • Reputation Power: 108
                    • firelizard has an aura about them.firelizard has an aura about them.firelizard has an aura about them.firelizard has an aura about them.firelizard has an aura about them.firelizard has an aura about them.firelizard has an aura about them.firelizard has an aura about them.firelizard has an aura about them.firelizard has an aura about them.
                    "Eibach is pretty stiff"

Eibach has A LOT of different springs for A LOT of different applications. For many vehicles they offer two replacement lines, the Sportline and the Pro-Kit, which have different spring rates. There are differences again between vehicle models. In addition to prepackaged kits, you can order custom Eibach springs for your coilovers in 2 inner diameters, 6 lengths, and any spring rate.

People basing opinions of an entire spring manufacturer based on one experience on old stock struts: stop, it's pointless. What will determine your ride quality is the spring rate, and the damping. They need to be well matched, otherwise any spring rate can feel like ****. Spring rate determines how much force is needed to move the suspension in that direction, and how far it can go. It is the dampers that will determine how fast that happens, and how fast the spring will be allowed to push back.
                    Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 07:50 PM by firelizard

July 08, 2015, 09:21 AM #10

jordisonjr Offline

• Vehicle: 14/15 Endeavor New Standard 151
                      • Reputation Power: 206
                      • jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!
                      Originally posted by fruitloops
                      It's the same spring. No matter what vehicle it is lmao
                      Originally posted by firelizard
                      "Eibach is pretty stiff"

Eibach has A LOT of different springs for A LOT of different applications. For many vehicles they offer two replacement lines, the Sportline and the Pro-Kit, which have different spring rates. There are differences again between vehicle models. In addition to prepackaged kits, you can order custom Eibach springs for your coilovers in 2 inner diameters, 6 lengths, and any spring rate.

People basing opinions of an entire spring manufacturer based on one experience on old stock struts: stop, it's pointless. What will determine your ride quality is the spring rate, and the damping. They need to be well matched, otherwise any spring rate can feel like ****. Spring rate determines how much force is needed to move the suspension in that direction, and how far it can go. It is the dampers that will determine how fast that happens, and how fast the spring will be allowed to push back.
                      Lmao, right @fruitloops ?
                      Originally posted by Madbuzz41
                      I'm not a fan of blowing for a long time anyways ; )

[Mar 31 23:03:18] Basil:Dan go outside without your pants and let your beef curtains flap around in the wind like a windsock

[Dec 11 14:00:38] alexatwork21:I

Top Tier Imports

Skunk 2 lowering springs here in 204.
                        « Reply #10 on: July 08, 2015, 09:21 AM »