Author Topic: 5.0 gotta go, Tint Tickets on the rise  (Read 3986 times)

May 31, 2016, 11:51 AM #25

Madbuzz41 Offline

• Vehicle: Fiat 500 Sport
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Madbuzz41 has no influence.
Originally posted by Igor
They already have something like that. It's called insurance premiums. Get a speeding ticket? pay more insurance. Didn't get a ticket for a while? Pay less insurance.

Yeah but once you're at max you're at max and if you get a ticket it dings you. I mean like having no penalty as long as you don't speed again for 6-12 months .

Top Tier Imports

5.0 gotta go, Tint Tickets on the rise
    « Reply #25 on: May 31, 2016, 11:51 AM »

May 31, 2016, 02:11 PM #26

firelizard Offline

• Vehicle: UZS161
    • Reputation Power: 108
    • firelizard has an aura about them.firelizard has an aura about them.firelizard has an aura about them.firelizard has an aura about them.firelizard has an aura about them.firelizard has an aura about them.firelizard has an aura about them.firelizard has an aura about them.firelizard has an aura about them.firelizard has an aura about them.
    I haven't gotten caught speeding in about 7 years, and I got zero speeding fines for 7 years. Pretty sweet deal.

May 31, 2016, 02:34 PM #27

MarvinM10 Offline

• Vehicle: 2010 Mazdaspeed3
      • Reputation Power: 26
      • MarvinM10 barely matters.MarvinM10 barely matters.
      Originally posted by firelizard
      I haven't gotten caught speeding in about 7 years, and I got zero speeding fines for 7 years. Pretty sweet deal.
      Jinxed
      Laziness breeds efficiency

May 31, 2016, 04:12 PM #28

firelizard Offline

• Vehicle: UZS161
        • Reputation Power: 108
        • firelizard has an aura about them.firelizard has an aura about them.firelizard has an aura about them.firelizard has an aura about them.firelizard has an aura about them.firelizard has an aura about them.firelizard has an aura about them.firelizard has an aura about them.firelizard has an aura about them.firelizard has an aura about them.
        Actually I lied. I got paced at 120 on the Perimeter near Oak Bluff. Got only a warning though, because I gave the officer an OTPHJ.

June 01, 2016, 05:59 PM #29

Chads Offline

• Vehicle: 2000 Base Prelude
          • Reputation Power: 8
          • Chads has no influence.
          Originally posted by firelizard
          Actually I lied. I got paced at 120 on the Perimeter near Oak Bluff. Got only a warning though, because I gave the officer an OTPHJ.

*takes notes

June 01, 2016, 09:40 PM #30

Stefan Offline

• Vehicle: 2004 WRX wagon
            • Reputation Power: 48
            • Stefan might someday be someone...Stefan might someday be someone...Stefan might someday be someone...Stefan might someday be someone...
            To whoever this might concern, the limit for tint on a vehicle registered as a station wagon is 50% for the front and unlimited for the rears.

Someone correct me if this is wrong but it is what I was told by a police officer 2 years ago.
            build it - race it -  break it - do it all over

June 01, 2016, 09:58 PM #31

#StreetFocus Offline

• Vehicle: 1974 Ford Maverick
              • Reputation Power: 84
              • #StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.
              mmmm nope, it's a passenger car so the 50% front, 35% rear would apply. as far as I know only trucks/suv's can have anything in the rear.

June 01, 2016, 10:41 PM #32

Darkness Offline

• Vehicle: 1988 Nissan 300zx
                • Reputation Power: 6
                • Darkness has no influence.
                Originally posted by Stefan
                To whoever this might concern, the limit for tint on a vehicle registered as a station wagon is 50% for the front and unlimited for the rears.

Someone correct me if this is wrong but it is what I was told by a police officer 2 years ago.
                This is incorrect, I've already posted the relevant part of the regulation previously in this thread.

June 02, 2016, 03:22 PM #33

nickcoldwell Offline

• Vehicle: 2010 Evo X Mr (sold), 2010 Acura TL SH-AWD.
                  • nickcoldwell has no influence.
                  I got pulled over for tint on my old lancer that came from the dealership, I took it to the dealership and told them about it, they fixed the tint. So I go to the highway traffic center and the damn cop didn't even file my ticket so I didn't have to even go through the hassle of changing it..

Also IMO I think having even tint % on the door windows (50% for sedans) and (35% on the back windshield) is the safest and cleanest way, it just looks funny having the front 2 windows lighter than the back 2 but that's just my OCD.

June 02, 2016, 04:28 PM #34

Madbuzz41 Offline

• Vehicle: Fiat 500 Sport
                    • Madbuzz41 has no influence.
                    Originally posted by nickcoldwell
                    I got pulled over for tint on my old lancer that came from the dealership, I took it to the dealership and told them about it, they fixed the tint. So I go to the highway traffic center and the damn cop didn't even file my ticket so I didn't have to even go through the hassle of changing it..

Also IMO I think having even tint % on the door windows (50% for sedans) and (35% on the back windshield) is the safest and cleanest way, it just looks funny having the front 2 windows lighter than the back 2 but that's just my OCD.

I actually don't mind the staggered set up. It depends on the car though. 20 rear 35 front is clean and cops don't really pay attention to it cause it's staggered but if you put 35 all around they can tell it's a straight tint.

June 02, 2016, 09:23 PM #35

slipstreamconversion Offline

• Vehicle: 1997 Toyota Aristo / 1993 Toyota Camry
                      • Reputation Power: 82
                      • slipstreamconversion is a force to reckon with.slipstreamconversion is a force to reckon with.slipstreamconversion is a force to reckon with.slipstreamconversion is a force to reckon with.slipstreamconversion is a force to reckon with.slipstreamconversion is a force to reckon with.slipstreamconversion is a force to reckon with.slipstreamconversion is a force to reckon with.
                      Originally posted by Stefan

35% rear :(

I tinted mine to 15% which is stock from factory on suvs and stuff, and 50% in front and so far a couple years in, no troubles.  But not legal :(

Top Tier Imports

5.0 gotta go, Tint Tickets on the rise
                        « Reply #35 on: June 02, 2016, 09:23 PM »