Author Topic: Speeding Tickets  (Read 2308 times)

July 20, 2015, 09:45 AM #0

Ctown8 Offline

• Vehicle: 2001 Forester STI 2000 Celica
  • Reputation Power: 117
  • Ctown8 is leading the good life!Ctown8 is leading the good life!Ctown8 is leading the good life!Ctown8 is leading the good life!Ctown8 is leading the good life!Ctown8 is leading the good life!Ctown8 is leading the good life!Ctown8 is leading the good life!Ctown8 is leading the good life!Ctown8 is leading the good life!Ctown8 is leading the good life!
When theres errors on a speeding ticket, for example my address, what can i do to fight the ticket or get it voided?
BAASSSSSSS
I work at Brian Reimer Audio on St. Marys, come in for some good deals, ask for Colin.
My Motto: Love thy neighbors sick nasty whip like u love thy selves dirt nasty swag machine!
Dont mod your cars kids. its not worth it.

Top Tier Imports

Speeding Tickets
    « on: July 20, 2015, 09:45 AM »

July 20, 2015, 10:58 AM #1

IanB Offline

• Vehicle: '93 Land Cruiser HDJ81/'99 MB E55t AMG
    • Reputation Power: 42
    • IanB might someday be someone...IanB might someday be someone...IanB might someday be someone...IanB might someday be someone...
    Knock on wood, but it's been a while since I've got one, but I believe there's a shaded section at the top of the ticket, the info inside must be accurate.  They've made this shaded area smaller than it used to be, and I'm guessing info like your address is now located outside the shaded area.  I don't think this is grounds for voiding the ticket anymore.
    '93 Land Cruiser HDJ81
    '99 MB E55t AMG - DD
    '04 Lexus GX470

July 20, 2015, 11:02 AM #2

pjcarey Offline

• Vehicle: 1983 toyota supra gts 2009 Kia rio5
      • Reputation Power: 55
      • pjcarey is on the verge of being accepted.pjcarey is on the verge of being accepted.pjcarey is on the verge of being accepted.pjcarey is on the verge of being accepted.pjcarey is on the verge of being accepted.
      you could just own up to the fact that you were speeding, and pay the fine.
      [Feb 23 16:03:56] Dan:gotta laugh it off, can't take shiz seriously

Link to my supra album all photos taken and edited by Colby Spence (@BD5)  https://www.flickr.com/photos/colbyspence/sets/72157647259073436/

July 20, 2015, 12:03 PM #3

DonR Offline

• Vehicle: 83 CAMARO Z28/94 K1500
        • Reputation Power: 80
        • DonR is a force to reckon with.DonR is a force to reckon with.DonR is a force to reckon with.DonR is a force to reckon with.DonR is a force to reckon with.DonR is a force to reckon with.DonR is a force to reckon with.DonR is a force to reckon with.
        had a similar ticket for a burnt out signal light middle of this winter with my bmw 323i  officer wrote a 545i on the ticket, asked if that was grounds and was told a big 'ol no.
        [Sep 19 13:42:06] alexatwork21:I just want to rub butter on my body and dance the night away. Probably drink, maybe jack off a donkey. I just want to get lost in the moment.

89 240SX- SOLD
        95 GTR- SOLD
        03 RSX-S - SOLD
        08 G6- wrekt
        10 Gen Coupe- WREKT

July 20, 2015, 12:25 PM #4

CodyLoewen Offline

• Reputation Power: 40
          • CodyLoewen might someday be someone...CodyLoewen might someday be someone...CodyLoewen might someday be someone...CodyLoewen might someday be someone...
          My ticket was issued to me in January of 2015 and I was told to respond on the ticket between March 2014 and April 2014 and that wasn't grounds for getting it thrown out.
          1999 Honda Civic

[Feb 22 16:57:22] Shaun:i dont wanna be friends with fence posts 

Faken:if i get this promtion.. i might get a convertible..
          Shaun:a convertible what? pen? yes this pen turns into a coupon holder.

July 20, 2015, 12:43 PM #5

Joe Offline

• Vehicle: MR2 Spyder
            • Reputation Power: 43
            • Joe might someday be someone...Joe might someday be someone...Joe might someday be someone...Joe might someday be someone...
            Originally posted by CodyLoewen
            My ticket was issued to me in January of 2015 and I was told to respond on the ticket between March 2014 and April 2014 and that wasn't grounds for getting it thrown out.
            Your name, dl number, the plate, and the date of infraction must be correct as I'm aware. Rest is open for errors.
            D Street #50 - Slicktop E46 323i
            04' Spyder 1E7 w/LSD - SOLD
            Project "Cookie Monster" - 96 Corolla DX
            http://forums.wscc.mb.ca/index.php?/topic/9745-the-cookie-monster/

July 20, 2015, 01:10 PM #6

IanB Offline

• IanB might someday be someone...IanB might someday be someone...IanB might someday be someone...IanB might someday be someone...
              Originally posted by pjcarey75
              you could just own up to the fact that you were speeding, and pay the fine.

Almost forgot, fight every ticket, whether you have an angle or not.  Clog the broken system.
              '93 Land Cruiser HDJ81
              '99 MB E55t AMG - DD
              '04 Lexus GX470

July 20, 2015, 02:00 PM #7

jordisonjr Offline

• Vehicle: 14/15 Endeavor New Standard 151
                • Reputation Power: 198
                • jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!
                Originally posted by IanB
                Almost forgot, fight every ticket, whether you have an angle or not.  Clog the broken system.
                I don't understand how people have the time to do this. I know personally, I can't afford/don't want to risk missing out on work and not having any money knocked off the ticket. Sure you save money on a ticket, but you're losing money on lost wages.
                Originally posted by Madbuzz41
                I'm not a fan of blowing for a long time anyways ; )

[Mar 31 23:03:18] Basil:Dan go outside without your pants and let your beef curtains flap around in the wind like a windsock

[Dec 11 14:00:38] alexatwork21:I

July 20, 2015, 02:06 PM #8

CodyLoewen Offline

• Reputation Power: 40
                  • CodyLoewen might someday be someone...CodyLoewen might someday be someone...CodyLoewen might someday be someone...CodyLoewen might someday be someone...
                  Originally posted by jordisonjr
                  I don't understand how people have the time to do this. I know personally, I can't afford/don't want to risk missing out on work and not having any money knocked off the ticket. Sure you save money on a ticket, but you're losing money on lost wages.

This.  Sometimes it is worth it sometimes it isn't. 

I fought my last ticket for illegal exhaust and illegal shift lever.  The ticket was 175 and two demerits.  I fought it and had it reduced to $50 with no demerits, in that case it was worth booking the day off work.  Had I not gotten anything off I'd have been pretty upset.
                  1999 Honda Civic

[Feb 22 16:57:22] Shaun:i dont wanna be friends with fence posts 

Faken:if i get this promtion.. i might get a convertible..
                  Shaun:a convertible what? pen? yes this pen turns into a coupon holder.

July 20, 2015, 02:28 PM #9

Ctown8 Offline

• Ctown8 is leading the good life!Ctown8 is leading the good life!Ctown8 is leading the good life!Ctown8 is leading the good life!Ctown8 is leading the good life!Ctown8 is leading the good life!Ctown8 is leading the good life!Ctown8 is leading the good life!Ctown8 is leading the good life!Ctown8 is leading the good life!Ctown8 is leading the good life!
                    Originally posted by jordisonjr
                    I really dont care about the money, but i have no other infractions and i really dont want the demertis. but i agree, the time i would take off work to figure it out are more valuable than the $360 3 demerit ticket... but i still dont want the demerits. i might go third party.
                    BAASSSSSSS
                    I work at Brian Reimer Audio on St. Marys, come in for some good deals, ask for Colin.
                    My Motto: Love thy neighbors sick nasty whip like u love thy selves dirt nasty swag machine!

July 20, 2015, 02:32 PM #10

IanB Offline

Originally posted by Ctown8
                      I really dont care about the money, but i have no other infractions and i really dont want the demertis. but i agree, the time i would take off work to figure it out are more valuable than the $360 3 demerit ticket... but i still dont want the demerits. i might go third party.

Len Eastoe @ Traffic Ticket Experts is very good.  You'll still pay about the same for his fee as the ticket would cost, but he can likely get rid of the demerits for you.
                      '93 Land Cruiser HDJ81
                      '99 MB E55t AMG - DD
                      '04 Lexus GX470

July 20, 2015, 02:40 PM #11

Ctown8 Offline

Len Eastoe @ Traffic Ticket Experts is very good.  You'll still pay about the same for his fee as the ticket would cost, but he can likely get rid of the demerits for you.
                        Thanks ill talk to him!
                        BAASSSSSSS

July 20, 2015, 08:47 PM #12

benz88 Offline

• Reputation Power: 60
                          • benz88 is a rising star!benz88 is a rising star!benz88 is a rising star!benz88 is a rising star!benz88 is a rising star!benz88 is a rising star!
                          '91 240sx Hatch
                          '93 Lincoln Towncar Lowrider
                          '50 Pontiac Fleetleader 2dr
                          '04 Chevy Silverado Crew 5.3
                          '95 Silverado Diesel(RIP Nov 18th)

July 20, 2015, 09:21 PM #13

Gelmyhair Offline

• Vehicle: 2002 subaru wrx sedan
                            • Reputation Power: 2
                            • Gelmyhair has no influence.
                            I believe that if it is a photo enforcement speeding ticket, they don't affect your merits.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

July 21, 2015, 10:13 AM #14

IanB Offline

Originally posted by Gelmyhair
                              I believe that if it is a photo enforcement speeding ticket, they don't affect your merits.

This is true, but I don't think we're talking about a photo radar ticket.  If they had his address wrong, he wouldn't have received the ticket, lol.
                              '93 Land Cruiser HDJ81
                              '99 MB E55t AMG - DD
                              '04 Lexus GX470

July 21, 2015, 11:48 PM #15

Zantar the Mighty Offline

• Vehicle: Z32
                                • Reputation Power: 4
                                • Zantar the Mighty has no influence.
                                This, keep your money for a year or so.  Then don't show up, they still need to prove you were guilty without you. It does not cost you any more and sometime the crown ****s up and you win.

July 22, 2015, 11:55 AM #16

Nhil Offline

• Vehicle: 2000 Honda S2000
                                  • Reputation Power: 91
                                  • Nhil has great potential!Nhil has great potential!Nhil has great potential!Nhil has great potential!Nhil has great potential!Nhil has great potential!Nhil has great potential!Nhil has great potential!Nhil has great potential!
                                  Originally posted by Zantar the Mighty
                                  This, keep your money for a year or so.  Then don't show up, they still need to prove you were guilty without you. It does not cost you any more and sometime the crown ****s up and you win.
                                  It's costing you more through increased costs to the crown, which are passed down directly to you and other taxpayers
                                  [Mar 02 10:56:01] TwoFourDee:..ever
                                  [Mar 02 10:55:59] TwoFourDee:nobody quote me on that
                                  [Mar 02 10:55:56] TwoFourDee:I actually like those rotas

July 22, 2015, 01:35 PM #17

IanB Offline

Originally posted by Nhil
                                    It's costing you more through increased costs to the crown, which are passed down directly to you and other taxpayers

Umm, I wouldn't say "directly".  If he wins, it's definitely not costing him more.
                                    '93 Land Cruiser HDJ81
                                    '99 MB E55t AMG - DD
                                    '04 Lexus GX470

July 22, 2015, 03:47 PM #18

Nhil Offline

• Nhil has great potential!Nhil has great potential!Nhil has great potential!Nhil has great potential!Nhil has great potential!Nhil has great potential!Nhil has great potential!Nhil has great potential!Nhil has great potential!
                                      Umm, I wouldn't say "directly".  If he wins, it's definitely not costing him more.
                                      Maybe not this time, but increased ticket fines and other areas will ensure the increased costs are sourced from us.

July 22, 2015, 05:28 PM #19

IanB Offline

Maybe not this time, but increased ticket fines and other areas will ensure the increased costs are sourced from us.

Or, police could stop treating their job as a source of revenue for the city, and start dealing with real issues that have been largely ignored as they don't "pay the bills" to investigate, and that might also fix the problem, and many other problems.
                                        '93 Land Cruiser HDJ81
                                        '99 MB E55t AMG - DD
                                        '04 Lexus GX470

July 22, 2015, 06:28 PM #20

Nhil Offline

Or, police could stop treating their job as a source of revenue for the city, and start dealing with real issues that have been largely ignored as they don't "pay the bills" to investigate, and that might also fix the problem, and many other problems.
                                          And I would also like an unlimited bank account but we all have to live within reality :)

July 22, 2015, 07:26 PM #21

That's  defeatist. As a citizen you make the laws.  If you don't agree with the law or its enforcement you have a duty to stand up and say so.  To sit back and pay a fine you don't believe should have been leavied without representing yourself is lazy.

July 22, 2015, 07:27 PM #22

Duplicate post

Top Tier Imports

Speeding Tickets
                                                « Reply #22 on: July 22, 2015, 07:27 PM »