Author Topic: Nirusan's GTX2867R Powered Focus ST  (Read 12655 times)

August 15, 2015, 09:09 PM #0

Nirusan Offline

• Vehicle: 2013 Ford Focus ST, 2015 Audi S3
  • Reputation Power: 197
  • Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!

:zpin: Nirusan's Ford Focus ST Build Thread :zpin:

I've always wished I had started one of these when I first joined TTI, however the lack of modifications at the time and general laziness kept me from doing so. My current mod list is as follows:

EXTERIOR
Debadged Rear Focus Emblem
DMB Graphics Black Ford Gel Badge Overlay
Fifteen52 Front Cup Spoilers
Innovative Fab Worx Front Splitter
Maxton Design Rear Diffuser (Soon™)
Morimoto XB LED Fog Lights
Smoked Window Visors
NXT Generation Hood Struts
Opti-Coat ProPlus Paint Coating
Tinted Windows
Visual Garage Shark Fin Antenna

WHEELS, TIRES & SUSPENSION
235/40/R18 Michellin Pilot Super Sports
Air Lift Performance 3P Management
Air Lift Performance Front Struts
Air Lift Performance Rear Lower Control Arms
Air Lift Performance Rear Struts
CCW 3-Piece Classics 18×8.5 +41 (Polished Aluminum Faces and Lips)
CCW Chrome Lug Nuts
Cobb 25mm Rear Sway Bar
Massive Racespec Adjustable Front End Links
Massive Racespec Adjustable Rear End Links
Speciality Suspension Seamless 4 Gallon Tank (x2)
Viair 400C Dual Chrome Compressors

INTERIOR
Alpine PDX-V9 5 Channel Amplifier
AudioControl LC7i
Block8Head Driver Side Vent Gauge Pod
Boosted Designs Dead Pedal
Broadway 300mm Type-A Convex Mirror
CoolingMist WMI Gauge
Hertz 10" 250D Subwoofer
James Barone Racing Weighted Shift Knob
JL Audio C3-650 Speakers (Front and Rear)
ProSport Halo Series Boost Gauge
ProSport Halo Series Oil Pressure Gauge
ProSport Halo Series Oil Temperature Gauge
Takata Drift II Racing Harnesses
WeatherTech All Season Mats

PERFORMANCE
Boomba Racing Aluminum Shifter Base Bushings
Boomba Racing Aluminum Transmission Cable Bracket Bushings
Boomba Racing Blow off Valve
Boomba Racing Short Throw Shifter
CFM Performance Valve Cover Breather
Cobb Accessport – Tuned by Stratified Automotive Controls
Cobb 3″ Cat-Back Exhaust
Cobb Front Mount Intercooler
Cobb Front Mount Intercooler Piping
Cobb Rear Motor Mount
Cobb Short Shift Plate
CoolingMist CMGS with Autolearn Failsafe
Damond Motorsports Sound Symposer Delete Kit
DO-7 WMI Nozzle
FSWerks Cool-Flo Air Intake
Garrett GTX2867R 0.64 A/R
MBRP 3″ Catless Downpipe
Rebel Devil Customs Downpipe Bracket
Stratified Automotive Guardian Angel
Turbo Tech Racing Upper Motor Mount
Turbo Tech Racing Transmission Motor Mount

PREVIOUS MODS
245/40/R18 BF Goodrich g-Force Rivals
Avante Garde M310 18×8.5 +42
Ground Control Coilover Sleeves
Ground Control Camber/Caster Plates
Koni Yellow Sport Adjustable Shocks
LEDGlow Million Color SMD LED Underbody Lighting Kit
Project Kics R40 Iconix Lug Nuts

BACK STORY
#TBT to summer of 2013 - I was going into my third year of university and the thought of owning a "performance oriented" vehicle was always in the back of my mind. I'll be quite honest, I wouldn't have bought a vehicle that summer if it weren't for my brother and his suggestion to take a look at the Focus ST. Unfortunately at the time I didn't know how to drive standard and so my test drive took place with me in the passenger seat and my brother driving. To be quite frank, it wasn't really a hard sell. I instantly fell in love with the interior, especially the factory Recaro's, and how the car performed out of the box (even though I wasn't the one driving). With all that being said, I picked up the car on August 19th, 2013 from Rivercity Ford and one of the first "mods" I did to the vehicle was a vanity plate.

Here's how she sat pretty much fresh off the lot:

I originally had told myself "just an exhaust and intake", and well, you can see how that turned out...

:zwirly: :zwirly: :zwirly:

CURRENT PLANS
Right now as far as power goes, the car is putting down approximately 260-270wHP, and ~320wTQ @ 24 psi through the OEM K03 turbo. These aren't official dyno numbers, however they are numbers that have been taken off of vDyno and my latest data logs. I'll be completely honest and say that I've always toyed around with the idea of swapping the turbo on the car and breaking into the mid 300's for horsepower, however, with Ford announcing that the Focus RS was coming to North America in Spring 2016 I sort of halted all major modifications in hopes of picking one up. Recently however, I've reconsidered a bit and decided to wait and enjoy the Focus ST for the time being. I really have no qualms about the car other than the fact that its FWD :unamused:.

This leads me to my current plans for the car. I've recently placed an order for a few things that should yield some pretty big gains...

Garrett GTX2867R 0.64 A/R (ATP Bolt-On Kit)
CoolingMist CMGS with Autolearn Failsafe
DO7 WMI Nozzle and Bung
Stratified Automotive Guardian Angel
Boomba BOV and Flange

This setup is more than capable of producing 350wHP on the stock fuel system, and up to 425wHP if you were to add extra fuelling such as WMI or E30+. The EcoBoost 2.0L has been proven to be pretty reliable up until about 400wHP, anything more and you're sort of entering the "How long will it last?" realm of things and really sacrificing longevity. The Stratified Automotive Guardian Angel should provide protection from both overboost and WMI pump failure should it ever occur.

All of this being said, my plans for now are to run a 50/50 water-methanol mixture being sprayed almost immediately post-intercooler in the cold charge pipe and tune conservatively for 350wHP. I'll be quite honest, the part I look forward to most is having a torque curve that doesn't take a nose dive shortly after 4000 rpm. As the parts start to come in I'll be sure to take some pictures!

Thanks for reading!
Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 03:58 PM by Nirusan
[Sep 03 10:56:42] Faken:I wanna be on autters whorefax... Gonna write her off
[Sep 03 11:06:48] Faken:If I stuck my pee pee into 100 girls from africa.. I think it will make a difference if u want to sleep with me.
[Oct 15 19:20:41] Adomp:id eat my own ass out than eat famous daves

Top Tier Imports

Nirusan's GTX2867R Powered Focus ST
    « on: August 15, 2015, 09:09 PM »

August 15, 2015, 09:29 PM #1

John Offline

• Vehicle: 04 civic, 09 STi
    • Reputation Power: 100
    • John has an aura about them.John has an aura about them.John has an aura about them.John has an aura about them.John has an aura about them.John has an aura about them.John has an aura about them.John has an aura about them.John has an aura about them.John has an aura about them.
    das a sick build!

:zlide::zpin::zwirly::zpin::zlide::zwirly::zlide::zpin::zwirly::zpin::zlide::zwirly::zlide::zpin::zwirly::zpin::zlide::zwirly::zlide::zpin::zwirly::zpin::zlide::zwirly::zlide::zpin::zwirly::zpin::zlide::zwirly::zlide::zpin::zwirly::zpin::zlide::zwirly::zlide::zpin::zwirly::zpin::zlide::zwirly::zlide::zpin::zwirly::zpin::zlide::zwirly:
    subies ftw!

[Dec 04 11:42:55] Shaun:i tried using nav to get to dan's logic but i got lost
    [Dec 05 21:53:59] Uncle Hugh Myron:I dunno but an easy way to kill Dan would be shutting down mcdonalds for 24 hours

August 15, 2015, 09:45 PM #2

Winter Beater Offline

• Vehicle: 03 350Z Track Edition, 05 4 Runner, 98 GMC Shitbox
      • Reputation Power: 95
      • Winter Beater has great potential!Winter Beater has great potential!Winter Beater has great potential!Winter Beater has great potential!Winter Beater has great potential!Winter Beater has great potential!Winter Beater has great potential!Winter Beater has great potential!Winter Beater has great potential!
      ohmagawd you gotta take me for a ride one day! :D

August 15, 2015, 09:53 PM #3

Aaron.H Offline

• Vehicle: 2014 FR-S
        • Reputation Power: 10
        • Aaron.H has no influence.
        Dat build. Hnnng

August 15, 2015, 10:28 PM #4

Shaun Offline

• Vehicle: 1998 Civic, 2003 GS430
          • Reputation Power: 353
          • Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!
          Very nice I like it, I hope you get bags

August 15, 2015, 10:57 PM #5

tytanium Offline

• Vehicle: 07 Mazdaspeed 3, 06 Civic DX-G
            • Reputation Power: 80
            • tytanium is a force to reckon with.tytanium is a force to reckon with.tytanium is a force to reckon with.tytanium is a force to reckon with.tytanium is a force to reckon with.tytanium is a force to reckon with.tytanium is a force to reckon with.tytanium is a force to reckon with.
            I hope you get bags to, I know someone interested in your current suspension
            #boostedhatchcrew

August 15, 2015, 11:00 PM #6

Nirusan Offline

• Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!
              Originally posted by Winter Beater
              ohmagawd you gotta take me for a ride one day! :D

Sure thing! Once you get fully tuned I'd appreciate a ride as well haha. I'm hoping to have everything installed fairly soon (assuming everything arrives in a timely manner), and then its just tuning which I think I can knock out before it gets too cold out.

Originally posted by Shaun
              Very nice I like it, I hope you get bags

Originally posted by tytanium
              I hope you get bags to, I know someone interested in your current suspension

Ughhhhh :zwirly:. thxu2 :thx: :thx:
              [Sep 03 11:06:48] Faken:If I stuck my pee pee into 100 girls from africa.. I think it will make a difference if u want to sleep with me.

August 15, 2015, 11:54 PM #7

Faken Offline

• Vehicle: 2008 Honda Fit
                • Reputation Power: 141
                • Faken is awe-inspiring!Faken is awe-inspiring!Faken is awe-inspiring!Faken is awe-inspiring!Faken is awe-inspiring!Faken is awe-inspiring!Faken is awe-inspiring!Faken is awe-inspiring!Faken is awe-inspiring!Faken is awe-inspiring!Faken is awe-inspiring!Faken is awe-inspiring!
                very good read. :D
                http://www.flickr.com/photos/kenau/
                All photos that are taken by me can be used for whatever you want!

"I love Honda's because I started with Honda's" - Ryan Basseri

Ken

[Mar 26 13:45:26] Igor:hearts before parts

August 16, 2015, 12:36 AM #8

Canadian CD9A Offline

• Vehicle: AP1 - CD9A - 5F07F
                  • Reputation Power: 44
                  • Canadian CD9A might someday be someone...Canadian CD9A might someday be someone...Canadian CD9A might someday be someone...Canadian CD9A might someday be someone...
                  y u no efr
                  Originally posted by: Forced Performance
                  Your significant other can only be mad for a while but your car can be slow forever.
                  Quote (selected)
                  The perfect race car is the fastest thing on the track and then explodes after crossing the finish line.
                  AWD Turbo Whiners Club

August 16, 2015, 07:38 AM #9

Vinny26 Offline

• Reputation Power: 36
                    • Vinny26 is working their way up.Vinny26 is working their way up.Vinny26 is working their way up.
                    Love it! Taking rides at autocross in this is a thrill, can't wait now with the new performance parts on the way
                    || Lancer GTS for the moment || Evo X for the future ||
                    [Feb 07 23:16:05] miguel97:cherkas like: started from the bottom now my face is a on racecar

August 16, 2015, 11:22 AM #10

themikewoo Offline

• Vehicle: 2006 Honda S2000
                      • Reputation Power: 183
                      • themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!
                      Hey I know your brother! I slept with his wife!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

August 25, 2015, 10:04 PM #11

Nirusan Offline

Small update here. So far I have received my meth nozzle as well as my BOV and flange. I will be taking the BOV/Flange to Jackson Autosport a couple days before the install to have it welded onto the hot-charge pipe.

As for the water-methanol injection, guardian angel, and GTX2867R - they should be shipping out from BC by the end of the week! Pictures to come... soon™.

August 26, 2015, 12:55 AM #12

chesterfaustino Offline

• Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Caliber SRT 4
                          • Reputation Power: 29
                          • chesterfaustino barely matters.chesterfaustino barely matters.
                          Mbn
                          ~ 08 Dodge Caliber SRT 4 (summer daily)
                          ~ 93 Toyota Camry le (winter beater)

August 26, 2015, 08:11 AM #13

jordisonjr Offline

• Vehicle: 14/15 Endeavor New Standard 151
                            • Reputation Power: 173
                            • jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!
                            Are you going to have some down time on the car? And drive something else while you install/tune?
                            Or hoping to get it all done relatively quick without issue?
                            Originally posted by Madbuzz41
                            I'm not a fan of blowing for a long time anyways ; )

[Mar 31 23:03:18] Basil:Dan go outside without your pants and let your beef curtains flap around in the wind like a windsock

[Dec 11 14:00:38] alexatwork21:I

August 26, 2015, 10:16 AM #14

Nirusan Offline

Originally posted by jordisonjr
                              Are you going to have some down time on the car? And drive something else while you install/tune?
                              Or hoping to get it all done relatively quick without issue?

I'm not expecting to have any significant downtime (knock on wood). Most of the WMI install will be done before the turbo install itself and the turbo swap itself shouldn't take more than a day, two at max. It's a direct bolt-on kit which comes with all new hardware so I'm hoping everything goes smoothly. It also helps that Pineapple Express™ works quite efficiently ;)

I'll be doing e-tuning for now with Stratified Automotive in BC. I will most likely end up with a dyno tune some point next summer.

August 26, 2015, 10:31 AM #15

jordisonjr Offline

• Vehicle: 14/15 Endeavor New Standard 151
                                • Reputation Power: 173
                                • jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!
                                Originally posted by Nirusan
                                I'm not expecting to have any significant downtime (knock on wood). Most of the WMI install will be done before the turbo install itself and the turbo swap itself shouldn't take more than a day, two at max. It's a direct bolt-on kit which comes with all new hardware so I'm hoping everything goes smoothly. It also helps that Pineapple Express™ works quite efficiently ;)

I'll be doing e-tuning for now with Stratified Automotive in BC. I will most likely end up with a dyno tune some point next summer.

The pineapple express I use usually makes things go smoothly too, but slower
                                Originally posted by Madbuzz41
                                I'm not a fan of blowing for a long time anyways ; )

[Mar 31 23:03:18] Basil:Dan go outside without your pants and let your beef curtains flap around in the wind like a windsock

[Dec 11 14:00:38] alexatwork21:I

August 26, 2015, 10:33 AM #16

ACiFiC Offline

• Vehicle: x2 Eunos
                                  • Reputation Power: 85
                                  • ACiFiC is a force to reckon with.ACiFiC is a force to reckon with.ACiFiC is a force to reckon with.ACiFiC is a force to reckon with.ACiFiC is a force to reckon with.ACiFiC is a force to reckon with.ACiFiC is a force to reckon with.ACiFiC is a force to reckon with.

Originally posted by themikewoo
                                  Hey I know your brother! I slept with his wife!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

How was it???
                                  Originally posted by Winter Beater
                                  If a car is shows that a solid effort was made, and the car is reasonably well executed I can respect that. Even if it's not my cup of tea..

September 03, 2015, 12:13 PM #17

tytanium Offline

• tytanium is a force to reckon with.tytanium is a force to reckon with.tytanium is a force to reckon with.tytanium is a force to reckon with.tytanium is a force to reckon with.tytanium is a force to reckon with.tytanium is a force to reckon with.tytanium is a force to reckon with.
                                    @Nirusan I KNOW YOU HAVE NEW SHINY PARTS. POST PHOTOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                                    #boostedhatchcrew

September 03, 2015, 12:43 PM #18

Alex2NF Offline

• Vehicle: 2013 Subaru BRZ - 2004 Toyota 4Runner
                                      • Reputation Power: 234
                                      • Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!
                                      in for pics
                                      13 Boosted Subaru BRZ
                                      04 Toyota 4Runner V6 Sport
                                      ∞ Toyota Echo Race Car
                                      98 Acura Integra Race Car 2
                                      IG: @alexdbrz / Twitter: @ToyotaWinnipeg / Snap: OilMyPencil

September 03, 2015, 01:32 PM #19

Nirusan Offline

So... good news! Everything I've been waiting for has finally came in!

The current plan is to have about 90% of the WMI install done before the long weekend. Over the long weekend I hope to complete that install as well as swap the turbo. I figure with the help of the crew at Pineapple Express we should be able to knock out the remainder of the WMI install and turbo swap in a day.

After seeing all the parts in person and reviewing the installation instructions, I honestly think that the WMI install will require the most amount of effort to complete.

Now for the pictures!

September 03, 2015, 01:34 PM #20

Shaun Offline

• Vehicle: 1998 Civic, 2003 GS430
                                          • Reputation Power: 353
                                          • Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!

September 03, 2015, 01:36 PM #21

tytanium Offline

sooo pretty
                                          #boostedhatchcrew

September 03, 2015, 01:37 PM #22

Alex2NF Offline

• Vehicle: 2013 Subaru BRZ - 2004 Toyota 4Runner
                                            • Reputation Power: 234
                                            • Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!
                                            OEM v-band??
                                            13 Boosted Subaru BRZ
                                            04 Toyota 4Runner V6 Sport
                                            ∞ Toyota Echo Race Car
                                            98 Acura Integra Race Car 2
                                            IG: @alexdbrz / Twitter: @ToyotaWinnipeg / Snap: OilMyPencil

September 03, 2015, 01:40 PM #23

Nirusan Offline

Originally posted by alexatwork21
                                              OEM v-band??

Correct! OEM V-Band and 3-Port EBCS :)

September 03, 2015, 01:43 PM #24

tytanium Offline

Originally posted by Nirusan
                                                Correct! OEM V-Band and 3-Port EBCS :)

sure just keep rubbing it in
                                                #boostedhatchcrew

Top Tier Imports

'13 Ford Focus ST Build Thread
                                                  « Reply #24 on: September 03, 2015, 01:43 PM »