Author Topic: Nirusan's GTX2867R Powered Focus ST  (Read 16338 times)

September 09, 2015, 01:02 AM #50

Miguel Offline

• Reputation Power: 74
  • Miguel has a powerful will.Miguel has a powerful will.Miguel has a powerful will.Miguel has a powerful will.Miguel has a powerful will.Miguel has a powerful will.Miguel has a powerful will.
TAKE ME FOR A RIDE NIRUSAN :) cough fnl cough
#DRIVEN2017 #IMPORTSOMETHING2017      

[Mar 13 11:28:02] Shaun:ur gonna play 20 questions with me like that oil cap arent u

Top Tier Imports

Nirusan's GTX2867R Powered Focus ST
    « Reply #50 on: September 09, 2015, 01:02 AM »

September 09, 2015, 09:02 AM #51

Nirusan Offline

• Vehicle: 2017 BMW M2, 2015 Audi S3
    • Reputation Power: 217
    • Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!
    Originally posted by Miguel
    TAKE ME FOR A RIDE NIRUSAN :) cough fnl cough

OK. But first I owe @SpeedPls a ride :)
    [Sep 03 10:56:42] Faken:I wanna be on autters whorefax... Gonna write her off
    [Sep 03 11:06:48] Faken:If I stuck my pee pee into 100 girls from africa.. I think it will make a difference if u want to sleep with me.
    [Oct 15 19:20:41] Adomp:id eat my own ass out than eat famous daves

September 09, 2015, 10:14 AM #52

Christian Offline

• Vehicle: 13 Civic
      • Reputation Power: 46
      • Christian might someday be someone...Christian might someday be someone...Christian might someday be someone...Christian might someday be someone...
      Originally posted by Nirusan
      OK. But first I owe @SpeedPls a ride :)

I think you owe me a ride also

September 09, 2015, 02:29 PM #53

tytanium Offline

• Vehicle: 07 Mazdaspeed 3, 06 Civic DX-G
        • Reputation Power: 87
        • tytanium is a force to reckon with.tytanium is a force to reckon with.tytanium is a force to reckon with.tytanium is a force to reckon with.tytanium is a force to reckon with.tytanium is a force to reckon with.tytanium is a force to reckon with.tytanium is a force to reckon with.
        and me
        #boostedhatchcrew

September 09, 2015, 02:31 PM #54

Shaun Offline

• Vehicle: 1998 Civic, 2003 GS430
          • Reputation Power: 370
          • Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!
          Gas grass or ass

September 09, 2015, 02:38 PM #55

Nirusan Offline

• Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!
            Originally posted by Shaun
            Gas grass or ass

Words to live by :zwirly:
            [Sep 03 11:06:48] Faken:If I stuck my pee pee into 100 girls from africa.. I think it will make a difference if u want to sleep with me.

September 16, 2015, 05:36 PM #56

Nirusan Offline

Little bit of an update here. I've finally complete my water-methanol injection install. It took a lot longer than anticipated (approx. 15~ hours), but its finally done and I seriously hope I never have to do that much wiring for a single install ever again. It wasn't hard by any means, it just was extremely... extremely tedious.

I've mounted the reservoir and pump in the hatch - the pump actually fit perfectly into one of the compartment in the OEM cargo organizer. The methanol line and electrical wires from the hatch are run alongside the OEM harness to the front of the vehicle. The WMI gauge is mounted in the driver side vent in a gauge pod made by Block8Head and the 7 GPH nozzle is mounted in the silicone coupler just post-intercooler. I took the time to make everything clean and organized just in case I ever have to go back and fiddle with something.

Onto the pics!

Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 05:39 PM by Nirusan

September 23, 2015, 10:22 PM #57

Nirusan Offline

Over the past couple weeks I've been going back and forth with my tuner doing revisions and as of right now both my spring pressure and pump gas tunes are complete! The pump gas tune is pushing ~22psi @ 16C ambient temperature and should put me in the neighbourhood of 320 wHP.

I've just starting tuning for WMI and have to say that the car is a completely different beast on this map. On just my second revision I'm pushing ~24 psi @ 15C ambient and just over 38 lb/min at 6800 RPM. I should have a couple more revisions left just to smooth out the boost (or raise it even more) and "tidy up" the tune. I'm also hoping that I can dyno the car before it gets too cold so I can get some concrete numbers.

Here's a shot of my accessport showing peak boost and ignition corrections after my latest datalog.

Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 10:32 PM by Nirusan

September 24, 2015, 07:43 AM #58

SavageTaco Offline

• Vehicle: Evo9 GG MR
                  • Reputation Power: 15
                  • SavageTaco has no influence.
                  That must be a fun car to tear around in. Should make a solid 30+ more Wheel with the meth set up. You may have mention this already, but are you running a 50/50 mix or 100% meth?
                  Evo 9 aka "The Grinch" pump gas warrior
                  Self tuned on an AEM V2
                  2000 Aristo V300 - Daily
                  "When in doubt run flat out"- C Mcrae

September 24, 2015, 04:40 PM #59

Nirusan Offline

Originally posted by SavageTaco
                    That must be a fun car to tear around in. Should make a solid 30+ more Wheel with the meth set up. You may have mention this already, but are you running a 50/50 mix or 100% meth?

Running a 50/50 mix - "Boost Juice" is stuff I'm buying locally :). It makes up for ~7% of the fuelling up top according to my STFT's.
                    Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 06:18 PM by Nirusan

September 24, 2015, 04:44 PM #60

Igor Offline

• Vehicle: 2014 Subaru WRX STI Sport Tech
                      • Reputation Power: 246
                      • Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!
                      Can confirm, car pulls hard.
                      2000 Acura Integra GSR - Sold
                      2014 Subaru WRX STI Sport Tech

September 24, 2015, 04:47 PM #61

Alex2NF Offline

• Vehicle: 2013 Subaru BRZ - 2004 Toyota 4Runner
                        • Reputation Power: 234
                        • Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!
                        i wish i could rep u right in the tits
                        13 Boosted Subaru BRZ
                        04 Toyota 4Runner V6 Sport
                        ∞ Toyota Echo Race Car
                        98 Acura Integra Race Car 2
                        IG: @alexdbrz / Twitter: @ToyotaWinnipeg / Snap: OilMyPencil

September 24, 2015, 05:15 PM #62

Adomp Offline

• Vehicle: BMW E36
                          • Reputation Power: 31
                          • Adomp is working their way up.Adomp is working their way up.Adomp is working their way up.
                          how does full boat feel??
                          [May 03 15:40:09] Uncle Hugh Myron:when 10 asians come at me with weapons i just get on my knees and start sucking their dicks

[Dec 10 16:08:15] Shaun:if u put adom in a cold tub it turns into a hot tub

[Dec 18 12:21:50] Nirusan:ya right
                          [Dec 18 12:21:49] Nirusan:lmao adomp coming to a tti  event

September 24, 2015, 05:20 PM #63

Nirusan Offline

Originally posted by Igor
                            Can confirm, car pulls hard.
                            That was just on pump gas too!

Originally posted by alexatwork21
                            i wish i could rep u right in the tits
                            Pls do, thanks  :thx: :thx: :thx:

Originally posted by E36
                            how does full boat feel??
                            u wanna feel full boat 4 urself ??? we'll go for a rip m7

September 24, 2015, 05:22 PM #64

Adomp Offline

• Vehicle: BMW E36
                              • Reputation Power: 31
                              • Adomp is working their way up.Adomp is working their way up.Adomp is working their way up.

u wanna feel full boat 4 urself ??? we'll go for a rip m7
                              OK DEAL

can u sew?
                              cuz you'll need to know how after full boat rips my clothes off
                              [May 03 15:40:09] Uncle Hugh Myron:when 10 asians come at me with weapons i just get on my knees and start sucking their dicks

[Dec 10 16:08:15] Shaun:if u put adom in a cold tub it turns into a hot tub

[Dec 18 12:21:50] Nirusan:ya right
                              [Dec 18 12:21:49] Nirusan:lmao adomp coming to a tti  event

September 24, 2015, 05:23 PM #65

Nirusan Offline

Originally posted by E36
                                OK DEAL

can u sew?
                                cuz you'll need to know how after full boat rips my clothes off

Where we're going, we don't need clothes.

September 25, 2015, 09:24 AM #66

Time Lord Offline

• Vehicle: Audi
                                  • Reputation Power: 19
                                  • Time Lord has no influence.
                                  Running a 50/50 mix - "Boost Juice" is stuff I'm buying locally :).

Skip the Boost Juice and just buy "Turbo washer fluid" from Home Depot / Rona
                                  Fraction of the price and exactly the same mixture.

September 25, 2015, 09:33 AM #67

tytanium Offline

• tytanium is a force to reckon with.tytanium is a force to reckon with.tytanium is a force to reckon with.tytanium is a force to reckon with.tytanium is a force to reckon with.tytanium is a force to reckon with.tytanium is a force to reckon with.tytanium is a force to reckon with.
                                    Originally posted by Time Lord
                                    Skip the Boost Juice and just buy "Turbo washer fluid" from Home Depot / Rona
                                    Fraction of the price and exactly the same mixture.
                                    same stuff i planned on using
                                    #boostedhatchcrew

October 18, 2015, 02:44 PM #68

Nirusan Offline

Just finished up tuning today. I hit my goal of 350wHP (vDyno numbers) pretty quickly once I started spraying the water-methanol and my tuner hit me with this...

"The good news is that we are right at your power goal of 350whp. The better news is that we are able to exceed it. Attached is the next iteration increasing performance further."

I went through a couple more revisions with my tuner walking the power up ever so slightly, and in all honesty I kind of losing sight of my original vision of "more power, but not sacrificing longevity". In the end I ended up dialling it back a just tad in the last couple revisions just to keep my mind at ease. At this point in time I'm more than happy with the power the car has, its a perfect power level for a daily driver.

I know some people have strong opinions on virtual dyno numbers, but I honestly believe that if done correctly on a flat stretch of road with no head or tail wind that the numbers it spits out can be quite accurate, or at least be used as a rough gauge for the numbers you should expect on a real dyno (in this case, a dynojet). For anyone curious as to where I left off and what my power curve looks like, I'll post my last vDyno below. The turbo is pushing just over 40 lb/min at 6800 RPM.

I'm pretty sure that's the last of the power mods the car is going to be seeing. There are more than a handful of people running 400+ wHP on the stock block, but at this point in time I don't see myself wanting to push past where I am right now.

So... what's next?

Yup. The plan for winter is to swap out the current Koni/GC combo for Air Lift performance struts with Air Lift 3P management  :-\.

EDIT: Updated with the actual final revision. Slight bump in power.
                                      Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 09:48 AM by Nirusan

October 18, 2015, 03:23 PM #69

dano Offline

• Vehicle: 2013 Nissan Leaf SL, 2002 Subaru Forester XT
                                        • Reputation Power: 93
                                        • dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!
                                        Just finished up tuning today. I hit my goal of 350wHP (vDyno numbers) pretty quickly once I started spraying the water-methanol and my tuner hit me with this...

"The good news is that we are right at your power goal of 350whp. The better news is that we are able to exceed it. Attached is the next iteration increasing performance further."

I went through a couple more revisions with my tuner walking the power up ever so slightly, and in all honesty I kind of losing sight of my original vision of "more power, but not sacrificing longevity". In the end I ended up dialling it back a just tad in the last couple revisions just to keep my mind at ease. At this point in time I'm more than happy with the power the car has, its a perfect power level for a daily driver.

I know some people have strong opinions on virtual dyno numbers, but I honestly believe that if done correctly on a flat stretch of road with no head or tail wind that the numbers it spits out can be quite accurate, or at least be used as a rough gauge for the numbers you should expect on a real dyno (in this case, a dynojet). For anyone curious as to where I left off and what my power curve looks like, I'll post my last vDyno below. The turbo is pushing just over 40 lb/min at 6800 RPM.

I'm pretty sure that's the last of the power mods the car is going to be seeing. There are more than a handful of people running 400+ wHP on the stock block, but at this point in time I don't see myself wanting to push past where I am right now.

So... what's next?

Yup. The plan for winter is to swap out the current Koni/GC combo for Air Lift performance struts with Air Lift 3P management  :-\.
                                        I could be missing something, but 4.55cfm at 0psi?
                                        Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 09:49 AM by Nirusan
                                        Current Forester count: 1
                                        Owner, Next Level Escapes

October 18, 2015, 03:42 PM #70

Nirusan Offline

Originally posted by dano
                                          I could be missing something, but 4.55cfm at 0psi?

The pressure rating ("@ X psi") is the pressure at which the compressors are pumping against.

So if the air tank is empty the compressors flow 4.55 CFM of air - this value decreases as more air fills the air tank and there is pressure against the compressors.
                                          Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 03:45 PM by Nirusan

October 18, 2015, 07:03 PM #71

Miguel Offline

• Reputation Power: 74
                                            • Miguel has a powerful will.Miguel has a powerful will.Miguel has a powerful will.Miguel has a powerful will.Miguel has a powerful will.Miguel has a powerful will.Miguel has a powerful will.

So... what's next?

Keeping the same wheels? or planning on changing the set up?
                                            #DRIVEN2017 #IMPORTSOMETHING2017      

[Mar 13 11:28:02] Shaun:ur gonna play 20 questions with me like that oil cap arent u

October 18, 2015, 08:39 PM #72

dano Offline

• Vehicle: 2013 Nissan Leaf SL, 2002 Subaru Forester XT
                                              • Reputation Power: 93
                                              • dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!

The pressure rating ("@ X psi") is the pressure at which the compressors are pumping against.

So if the air tank is empty the compressors flow 4.55 CFM of air - this value decreases as more air fills the air tank and there is pressure against the compressors.
                                              Right, but wouldn't "empty" be like atmospheric pressure?
                                              Current Forester count: 1
                                              Owner, Next Level Escapes

October 18, 2015, 11:02 PM #73

Nirusan Offline

Originally posted by Miguel
                                                Keeping the same wheels? or planning on changing the set up?

I'd definitely like to change it up. I need to find something I like in my bolt pattern which basically leaves me with having to get custom wheels. This isn't really an issue for me, however, I'll wait until the air setup is done and installed so I can see what kind of specs I'd be looking for in the new set.

Originally posted by dano
                                                Right, but wouldn't "empty" be like atmospheric pressure?

Yes, it would be atmospheric pressure. However, by convention when discussing CFM at a specific pressure, atmospheric pressure is "0 psi" . We're only concerned with pressures greater than atmospheric.
                                                Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 11:07 PM by Nirusan

October 19, 2015, 08:43 AM #74

tytanium Offline

awesome numbers! Cars a beast
                                                  #boostedhatchcrew

Top Tier Imports

Nirusan's GTX2867R Powered Focus ST
                                                    « Reply #74 on: October 19, 2015, 08:43 AM »