Author Topic: Naughty WPG Drivers Caught on Cam!  (Read 26799 times)

September 13, 2015, 01:22 PM #25

dano Offline

• Vehicle: 2013 Nissan Leaf SL
  • Reputation Power: 88
  • dano is a force to reckon with.dano is a force to reckon with.dano is a force to reckon with.dano is a force to reckon with.dano is a force to reckon with.dano is a force to reckon with.dano is a force to reckon with.dano is a force to reckon with.
It's probably legit
Current Forester count: 0.5

Top Tier Imports

Naughty WPG Drivers Caught on Cam!
    « Reply #25 on: September 13, 2015, 01:22 PM »

September 13, 2015, 01:26 PM #26

fruitloops Offline

• Reputation Power: 23
    • fruitloops barely matters.fruitloops barely matters.
    Oooooooooooooooooo
    Bought, not Built.

September 13, 2015, 10:55 PM #27

Autter Offline

• Reputation Power: 36
      • Autter is working their way up.Autter is working their way up.Autter is working their way up.
      Seriously, @John? Some random guy posted this on Cars of Winnipeg, but you had to go and post it here for everyone else to see? Grow up.

For the record, Osborne Spectacle Centre was CLOSED. And it wasn't signed properly, so technically it's just another stall. And no one used the OPEN parking spot the entire time I was there.
      [Dec 23 10:24:37] Ctown8:i was hanging out with this girl named autumn last night, and i kept calling her autter by accident. she was like what the heck lol

Igor [May 09, 09:58:01 AM]:   silly people, ikea is for furniture not car meets

September 13, 2015, 11:03 PM #28

Nirusan Offline

• Vehicle: 2013 Ford Focus ST, 2015 Audi S3
        • Reputation Power: 197
        • Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!
        Originally posted by autter
        For the record, Osborne Spectacle Centre was CLOSED.

This doesn't change the fact that it is illegal to park in a handicap stall. Last I checked the bylaw doesn't become void when its night time.

And it wasn't signed properly, so technically it's just another stall.

There's a giant painted handicap logo in the stall. I'm slightly lost as to how one could have missed this.

And no one used the OPEN parking spot the entire time I was there.

So... this makes it okay to park in the handicap spot? I'm slightly lost as to why you're trying to justify parking in a handicap spot when you don't have an impairment. I'm sure there were other spots available for you to park in at this time of day.

I think the lesson you need to take from this is to know when to admit you're in the wrong and not to get mad at someone "call out crew"'ing you for doing something illegal :-\
        Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 11:06 PM by Nirusan
        [Sep 03 10:56:42] Faken:I wanna be on autters whorefax... Gonna write her off
        [Sep 03 11:06:48] Faken:If I stuck my pee pee into 100 girls from africa.. I think it will make a difference if u want to sleep with me.
        [Oct 15 19:20:41] Adomp:id eat my own ass out than eat famous daves

September 14, 2015, 02:12 AM #29

Madbuzz41 Offline

• Vehicle: Fiat 500 Sport
          • Reputation Power: 2
          • Madbuzz41 has no influence.

Originally posted by Nirusan
          This doesn't change the fact that it is illegal to park in a handicap stall. Last I checked the bylaw doesn't become void when its night time.

There's a giant painted handicap logo in the stall. I'm slightly lost as to how one could have missed this.

So... this makes it okay to park in the handicap spot? I'm slightly lost as to why you're trying to justify parking in a handicap spot when you don't have an impairment. I'm sure there were other spots available for you to park in at this time of day.

I think the lesson you need to take from this is to know when to admit you're in the wrong and not to get mad at someone "call out crew"'ing you for doing something illegal :-\

If the establishment is closed it IS just another spot. There's no reason anyone would be there rather than hanging out ect. The spot IS NOT clearly identified because there is no sign posted in front of the stall which is a requirement. A driver could easily not see that yellow square because of gravel over it, snow , or just plain missed it. On top of that it isn't even painted bright yellow to attract the drivers attention.

On another note, if someone did already post it on another site and atter got **** for it there, it would be childish to post it again here. It's no one else's concert where you park except your own. We're not the police. Let them worry about whether it's lawful or not to park in a handicap spot under those circumstances.

Do people at the IKEA meet avoid handicap spots? No. They park taking up TWO handicap spot. Along side the no frills meet as well. The establishments are closed, there for its just another stall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

September 14, 2015, 10:28 AM #30

Aragrev7 Offline

• Vehicle: 2006 TSX 6MT - CGP
            • Reputation Power: 4
            • Aragrev7 has no influence.
            Lol, I didn't necessarily want to have TTI family publicly flogged. Probably best to confront them first.
            Personally, I might skip over my vids with TTI goofballs drifting into Northbound Henderson traffic from the Perimeter.... ;) ¡Shame on you! XD

September 14, 2015, 10:31 AM #31

Autter Offline

• Autter is working their way up.Autter is working their way up.Autter is working their way up.
              Originally posted by Aragrev7
              Lol, I didn't necessarily want to have TTI family publicly flogged. Probably best to confront them first.
              Personally, I might skip over my vids with TTI goofballs drifting into Northbound Henderson traffic from the Perimeter.... ;) ¡Shame on you! XD
              Thank you, I was already publicly "flogged", once is good enough. :lol:
              [Dec 23 10:24:37] Ctown8:i was hanging out with this girl named autumn last night, and i kept calling her autter by accident. she was like what the heck lol

September 14, 2015, 10:51 AM #32

jordisonjr Offline

• Vehicle: 14/15 Endeavor New Standard 151
                • Reputation Power: 173
                • jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!
                Thank you, I was already publicly "flogged", once is good enough. :lol:
                Where? I wanna publicly flog people.
                Originally posted by Madbuzz41
                I'm not a fan of blowing for a long time anyways ; )

[Mar 31 23:03:18] Basil:Dan go outside without your pants and let your beef curtains flap around in the wind like a windsock

[Dec 11 14:00:38] alexatwork21:I

September 14, 2015, 02:25 PM #33

Darkness Offline

• Vehicle: 1988 Nissan 300zx
                  • Reputation Power: 6
                  • Darkness has no influence.
                  If the establishment is closed it IS just another spot.
                  This is 100% false. Disability parking is always only for permit holders.

The spot IS NOT clearly identified because there is no sign posted in front of the stall which is a requirement.
                  This is true, kind of. The Highway Traffic Act and its regulation make no mention of proper signage, but The Physically Disabled Persons Parking Act does.

Links:
                  http://theparkingstore.winnipeg.ca/theparkingstore/pdfs/bylaw/DisabledPersonsParkingByLaw7171-98.pdf
                  https://web2.gov.mb.ca/laws/statutes/ccsm/h060e.php#124.1
                  https://web2.gov.mb.ca/laws/regs/current/_pdf-regs.php?reg=191/91
                  https://web2.gov.mb.ca/laws/statutes/1989-90/c06189-90e.php

September 14, 2015, 02:28 PM #34

Madbuzz41 Offline

• Vehicle: Fiat 500 Sport
                    • Reputation Power: 2
                    • Madbuzz41 has no influence.

Originally posted by Darkness
                    This is 100% false. Disability parking is always only for permit holders.

If the establishment is closed there's no reason for anyone to be there and at that time could more than likely be pulled over/fined for loitering.
                    At my work when it's closed and you get the night crew in they do park wherever they want, because there's no reason anyone should be there except them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

September 14, 2015, 02:39 PM #35

dano Offline

• dano is a force to reckon with.dano is a force to reckon with.dano is a force to reckon with.dano is a force to reckon with.dano is a force to reckon with.dano is a force to reckon with.dano is a force to reckon with.dano is a force to reckon with.
                      Originally posted by Darkness
                      This is true, kind of. The Highway Traffic Act and its regulation make no mention of proper signage, but The Physically Disabled Persons Parking Act does.

Links:
                      http://theparkingstore.winnipeg.ca/theparkingstore/pdfs/bylaw/DisabledPersonsParkingByLaw7171-98.pdf
                      https://web2.gov.mb.ca/laws/statutes/ccsm/h060e.php#124.1
                      https://web2.gov.mb.ca/laws/regs/current/_pdf-regs.php?reg=191/91
                      https://web2.gov.mb.ca/laws/statutes/1989-90/c06189-90e.php

Quote (selected)
                      Number of spaces to be designated
                      5(1)        Every person who makes parking available to the public on private property shall designate for the use of physically disabled persons the number of designated parking spaces that is prescribed by the regulations.
                      Location and width of designated parking spaces
                      5(2)        A person who is required to designate a parking space or spaces shall ensure that each designated parking space
                      (a) is accessible to physically disabled persons and is located so as to minimize the distance to building entrances and exits; and
                      (b) has a minimum width of 3.7 m, except where the space is open and unobstructed on one side, in which case the minimum width of the space shall be 2.4 m.
                      Type of signs
                      6           A person required to designate a parking space or spaces shall do so by the use of signs
                      (a) the design, dimensions and locations of which meet the requirements prescribed by the regulations;
                      (b) that bear the international symbol of access for the physically disabled;
                      (c) that indicate that unauthorized use of the designated parking space is an offence for which a fine of not less than $100. must be imposed;
                      (d) that are located six feet above grade and are visible from inside a motor vehicle parked in a designated parking space;
                      (e) that are kept clear of snow or other obstructions that block the visibility of the signs; and
                      (f) that are nonmoveable or only movable by authorized persons.

So, from those links, it basically shows that what is painted on the ground really doesn't mean anything. It is what is on the sign that matters, which has to be visible from within a car and 6 feed above ground. No sign, and while it may be intended for physically disabled persons, its not legal.

September 14, 2015, 02:57 PM #36

Alex2NF Offline

• Vehicle: 2013 Subaru BRZ - 2004 Toyota 4Runner
                        • Reputation Power: 234
                        • Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!
                        This thread needs more vids of people driving poorly.
                        13 Boosted Subaru BRZ
                        04 Toyota 4Runner V6 Sport
                        ∞ Toyota Echo Race Car
                        98 Acura Integra Race Car 2
                        IG: @alexdbrz / Twitter: @ToyotaWinnipeg / Snap: OilMyPencil

September 14, 2015, 03:02 PM #37

Autter Offline

Originally posted by dano
                          So, from those links, it basically shows that what is painted on the ground really doesn't mean anything. It is what is on the sign that matters, which has to be visible from within a car and 6 feed above ground. No sign, and while it may be intended for physically disabled persons, its not legal.

Thank you.
                          I knew you needed signage, I can see why everyone is getting all mad I parked in handicapped - but the establishment was closed and not properly signed. Do I still look like a jerk? Yes. But no one was going to use that spot anyways.

Originally posted by alexatwork21
                          This thread needs more vids of people driving poorly.
                          I second this, the civic and 240 videos are golden.

September 14, 2015, 03:03 PM #38

Alex2NF Offline

• Vehicle: 2013 Subaru BRZ - 2004 Toyota 4Runner
                            • Reputation Power: 234
                            • Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!
                            Thank you.
                            I knew you needed signage, I can see why everyone is getting all mad I parked in handicapped - but the establishment was closed and not properly signed. Do I still look like a jerk? Yes. But no one was going to use that spot anyways.
                            I second this, the civic and 240 videos are golden.

Will you ever park in a handicap spot again, knowing what kind of backlash might be in store? lol
                            13 Boosted Subaru BRZ
                            04 Toyota 4Runner V6 Sport
                            ∞ Toyota Echo Race Car
                            98 Acura Integra Race Car 2
                            IG: @alexdbrz / Twitter: @ToyotaWinnipeg / Snap: OilMyPencil

September 14, 2015, 03:21 PM #39

Autter Offline

Originally posted by alexatwork21
                              Will you ever park in a handicap spot again, knowing what kind of backlash might be in store? lol

Probably. :lol:

September 14, 2015, 03:35 PM #40

themikewoo Offline

Location: 2537 Pembina Hwy, Winnipeg, MB R3T 2H5
                                • Vehicle: 2006 Honda S2000
                                • Reputation Power: 183
                                • themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!
                                Once I am done painting a room in my house I should set up my Go Pro on my boulevard and catch everyone speeding in a 30 km school zone.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

September 14, 2015, 04:18 PM #41

firelizard Offline

• Vehicle: UZS161
                                  • Reputation Power: 98
                                  • firelizard has great potential!firelizard has great potential!firelizard has great potential!firelizard has great potential!firelizard has great potential!firelizard has great potential!firelizard has great potential!firelizard has great potential!firelizard has great potential!
                                  Originally posted by themikewoo
                                  Once I am done painting a room in my house I should set up my Go Pro on my boulevard and catch everyone speeding in a 30 km school zone.

Unless they're TTI members!

September 14, 2015, 05:21 PM #42

themikewoo Offline

• themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!

Originally posted by firelizard
                                    Unless they're TTI members!

Bazinga.

September 14, 2015, 05:51 PM #43

Aragrev7 Offline

• Vehicle: 2006 TSX 6MT - CGP
                                      • Reputation Power: 4
                                      • Aragrev7 has no influence.
                                      Lol, need more vids. I'm going to drive up and down Henderson and portage till I get some.

September 14, 2015, 06:02 PM #44

Time Lord Offline

• Vehicle: Audi
                                        • Reputation Power: 19
                                        • Time Lord has no influence.
                                        Originally posted by Aragrev7
                                        Lol, need more vids. I'm going to drive up and down Henderson and portage till I get some.

Best I can do right now:

September 14, 2015, 08:56 PM #45

themikewoo Offline

Damn that Honda Civic drives like my S2000!

What's up with no music man? Dead silence?

September 14, 2015, 10:55 PM #46

Shaun Offline

• Vehicle: 1998 Civic, 2003 GS430
                                            • Reputation Power: 353
                                            • Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!
                                            That second video, impressive...

September 15, 2015, 08:05 AM #47

jordisonjr Offline

• Vehicle: 14/15 Endeavor New Standard 151
                                              • Reputation Power: 173
                                              • jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!
                                              Originally posted by Shaun
                                              That second video, impressive...
                                              I was thinking the same thing.
                                              The guy infront mashes the brakes, and he manages to swerve to the point that is car loses traction, AND he manages to put the turn signal on.
                                              This video needs to be applauded not shamed :lol:
                                              I'm not a fan of blowing for a long time anyways ; )

[Mar 31 23:03:18] Basil:Dan go outside without your pants and let your beef curtains flap around in the wind like a windsock

[Dec 11 14:00:38] alexatwork21:I

September 15, 2015, 12:59 PM #48

Lowridah Offline

• Vehicle: 2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT-P
                                                • Reputation Power: 22
                                                • Lowridah barely matters.Lowridah barely matters.
                                                more videos plz

As for parking in a handicap slot, Ignorance is not an excuse.

Im paying for admission the day someone goes to court because they got nailed for doing something like this.  I see discretion during winter months but when you know what the slot is for and still decide to circumvent the rules, No Judge will show leniency for that.

My 2 cents.

September 15, 2015, 01:25 PM #49

dano Offline

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
                                                  Originally posted by Lowridah
                                                  more videos plz

As for parking in a handicap slot, Ignorance is not an excuse.

Im paying for admission the day someone goes to court because they got nailed for doing something like this.  I see discretion during winter months but when you know what the slot is for and still decide to circumvent the rules, No Judge will show leniency for that.

My 2 cents.
                                                  The 'rules' say that there needs to be a sign for it to be an official spot.

In other jurisdictions, if you have a small lot with painted pavement but no sign, it explicitly states that anyone can use the spot.

Yes, someone shouldn't park in one out of courtesy for those who need it. But from the information I can find, while slightly 'naughty', its not illegal.

Edit: Also this:

Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 01:39 PM by dano

Top Tier Imports

Naughty WPG Drivers Caught on Cam!
                                                    « Reply #49 on: September 15, 2015, 01:25 PM »