Author Topic: Naughty WPG Drivers Caught on Cam!  (Read 35641 times)

September 15, 2015, 02:36 PM #50

Lowridah Offline

• Vehicle: 2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT-P
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • Lowridah barely matters.Lowridah barely matters.
Originally posted by dano
The 'rules' say that there needs to be a sign for it to be an official spot.

In other jurisdictions, if you have a small lot with painted pavement but no sign, it explicitly states that anyone can use the spot.

Yes, someone shouldn't park in one out of courtesy for those who need it. But from the information I can find, while slightly 'naughty', its not illegal.

Edit: Also this:

Thats great, there are pictures but if someone knows that there is a slot designated handicapped and circumvents the rules because for some reason or another the sign isnt present then dont try to ignorance card.  Pulling out this diagram and handing it over to the courts in the event a fine has been handed out does not excuse the person from knowingly parking there.

Alot of people just dont understand the whole deal when it comes to making stupid decisions.  Like I said the only time an excuse would be valid in this case is if snow covered the ground without a sign.  Im not saying im going to rush over and spend time handing out a ticket but im sure some guy would. 

If you see the paint but dont see the sign, you know its handicapped, You best eb finding out why the sign is missing ie removed/damaged/ under replacement instead of circumvention.  Its common sense.

Just to clarify the sign with sticker is key etc, im just stating that some person somewhere is not going to have a fun time trying to fight this when they knew,  Trying my best not to sound like a dick.
Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 02:56 PM by Lowridah

Top Tier Imports

Naughty WPG Drivers Caught on Cam!
    « Reply #50 on: September 15, 2015, 02:36 PM »

September 15, 2015, 03:13 PM #51

dano Offline

• Vehicle: 2013 Nissan Leaf SL, 2002 Subaru Forester XT
    • Reputation Power: 94
    • dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!
    Originally posted by Lowridah
    Thats great, there are pictures but if someone knows that there is a slot designated handicapped and circumvents the rules because for some reason or another the sign isnt present then dont try to ignorance card.  Pulling out this diagram and handing it over to the courts in the event a fine has been handed out does not excuse the person from knowingly parking there.

Alot of people just dont understand the whole deal when it comes to making stupid decisions.  Like I said the only time an excuse would be valid in this case is if snow covered the ground without a sign.  Im not saying im going to rush over and spend time handing out a ticket but im sure some guy would. 

If you see the paint but dont see the sign, you know its handicapped, You best eb finding out why the sign is missing ie removed/damaged/ under replacement instead of circumvention.  Its common sense.

Just to clarify the sign with sticker is key etc, im just stating that some person somewhere is not going to have a fun time trying to fight this when they knew,  Trying my best not to sound like a dick.
    I'm no lawyer, but I'm just trying to explain it to the best of my ability. I've highlighted some parts above.

'Common sense' doesn't fly with me. There are rules of the road to follow. It's not for 'if you know that something should be there' - its for those that don't. If someone removed a stop sign and post, and someone went straight through the intersection, they can't be charged, and you can't say "oh well you should have known better".

Same thing for the 30km/h speed limits in school zones (for a few locations):  If you pulled into one from a side street and there was no sign that it is 30km/h, then how are you supposed to 'just know' / 'use common sense' that its 30km/hr?

Same argument for the disabled spot. If it's not marked properly, then it's not a spot. Who knows the reason why the sign isn't there. They could have moved the spot elsewhere. Black paint on top of the yellow paint might have worn off. The spot might not have been actually accessible (per the pictures posted have a sort of pedestrian lane between the spots as well as a ramp over or recession to the curb) and was asked to be removed.
    Current Forester count: 1
    Owner, Next Level Escapes

September 15, 2015, 03:24 PM #52

jordisonjr Offline

• Vehicle: 14/15 Endeavor New Standard 151
      • Reputation Power: 206
      • jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!
      I don't think this is a matter of "was it legal or not" but more so a morals thing.
      "Welp, its got a wheel chair painted on it, but there's no sign to accompany it, so it must not be a handicap sign due to improper signage."

C'mon guys, this isn't that difficult.
      Originally posted by Madbuzz41
      I'm not a fan of blowing for a long time anyways ; )

[Mar 31 23:03:18] Basil:Dan go outside without your pants and let your beef curtains flap around in the wind like a windsock

[Dec 11 14:00:38] alexatwork21:I

September 15, 2015, 03:44 PM #53

dano Offline

• Vehicle: 2013 Nissan Leaf SL, 2002 Subaru Forester XT
        • Reputation Power: 94
        • dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!
        Originally posted by jordisonjr
        I don't think this is a matter of "was it legal or not" but more so a morals thing.
        "Welp, its got a wheel chair painted on it, but there's no sign to accompany it, so it must not be a handicap sign due to improper signage."

C'mon guys, this isn't that difficult.
        If you're shaming someone, better be shaming them for something they did wrong.

Just like in the previous video: the person who avoided the collision could have been praised instead of shamed.
        Current Forester count: 1
        Owner, Next Level Escapes

September 15, 2015, 03:57 PM #54

Autter Offline

• Reputation Power: 36
          • Autter is working their way up.Autter is working their way up.Autter is working their way up.
          Mid day, I would not have done what I did - almost midnight? When the establishment that parking spot was actually meant for closed? Then yeah, why not. You can not tell me that some of you have not parked in handicap at 1/2 am when meeting with friends when the place is closed.
          [Dec 23 10:24:37] Ctown8:i was hanging out with this girl named autumn last night, and i kept calling her autter by accident. she was like what the heck lol

Igor [May 09, 09:58:01 AM]:   silly people, ikea is for furniture not car meets

September 15, 2015, 04:05 PM #55

JayPe3 Offline

• Vehicle: 2010 Toyota Tundra SR5
            • Reputation Power: 67
            • JayPe3 is a rising star!JayPe3 is a rising star!JayPe3 is a rising star!JayPe3 is a rising star!JayPe3 is a rising star!JayPe3 is a rising star!
            I've never parked in a handicap spot, or a pregnancy spot, at any time of day when my, or my passengers needs did not meet the criteria of that spot.

September 15, 2015, 04:10 PM #56

Shier Offline

• Vehicle: 2012 STI -- RIP 2011 Genesis Coupe
              • Reputation Power: 56
              • Shier is on the verge of being accepted.Shier is on the verge of being accepted.Shier is on the verge of being accepted.Shier is on the verge of being accepted.Shier is on the verge of being accepted.
              It will never have enough power until I can spin all four wheels at the end of the straightaway in high gear.

September 15, 2015, 04:11 PM #57

Autter Offline

• Reputation Power: 36
                • Autter is working their way up.Autter is working their way up.Autter is working their way up.
                Originally posted by Shier

Then tell people to shut up about it already.
                [Dec 23 10:24:37] Ctown8:i was hanging out with this girl named autumn last night, and i kept calling her autter by accident. she was like what the heck lol

Igor [May 09, 09:58:01 AM]:   silly people, ikea is for furniture not car meets

September 15, 2015, 04:34 PM #58

Dan

Originally posted by autter
                  Then tell people to shut up about it already.
                  You're the one continuing it?

September 15, 2015, 04:49 PM #59

Anne Goose Offline

• Reputation Power: 42
                    • Anne Goose might someday be someone...Anne Goose might someday be someone...Anne Goose might someday be someone...Anne Goose might someday be someone...
                    Originally posted by autter
                    Seriously, @John? Some random guy posted this on Cars of Winnipeg, but you had to go and post it here for everyone else to see? Grow up.

For the record, Osborne Spectacle Centre was CLOSED. And it wasn't signed properly, so technically it's just another stall. And no one used the OPEN parking spot the entire time I was there.

Just because and establishment is closed doesn't mean people don't visit the building (I.E cleaners, workers etc)

One of our office cleaners is handicapped and requires the handicap parking spot, They clean the building at 10 pm well after hours. I have on several occasions told people not to park in the handicap spot after hours for this exact reason.

Cliffs: Don't park in handicap spots.
                    [Dec 08 16:45:00] Adomp:do I talk to autter about that? I thought she was the person to speak about the UHL
                    [Dec 08 16:44:39] Adomp:is there a an Ugly Hockey League? event like this wont happen again.

September 15, 2015, 11:20 PM #60

Aragrev7 Offline

• Vehicle: 2006 TSX 6MT - CGP
                      • Reputation Power: 4
                      • Aragrev7 has no influence.
                      Feel free to start a new thread of you want to discuss handicapped parking issues, regulations and policy.
                      This thread is for videos of driving behaviour :)

September 16, 2015, 08:44 AM #61

Lowridah Offline

• Vehicle: 2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT-P
                        • Reputation Power: 22
                        • Lowridah barely matters.Lowridah barely matters.
                        more videos! I see stupid **** everyday while out on the road working, but some of these videos are gold

September 16, 2015, 09:22 AM #62

Canadian CD9A Offline

• Vehicle: AP1 - CD9A - 5F07F
                          • Reputation Power: 51
                          • Canadian CD9A is on the verge of being accepted.Canadian CD9A is on the verge of being accepted.Canadian CD9A is on the verge of being accepted.Canadian CD9A is on the verge of being accepted.Canadian CD9A is on the verge of being accepted.
                          Originally posted by JTM
                          Saw this on Archibald, everybody was going at pretty close to the speed limit but it wasn't fast enough for this tail gating truck.

A 240 drifting on Goulet.

Still figuring out how to embed these things.

I was one car behind you when the truck pulled that...couldn't believe it when I saw it. Good video!
                          Originally posted by: Forced Performance
                          Your significant other can only be mad for a while but your car can be slow forever.
                          Quote (selected)
                          The perfect race car is the fastest thing on the track and then explodes after crossing the finish line.
                          AWD Turbo Whiners Club

September 19, 2015, 12:18 PM #63

Matthew Offline

• Vehicle: '92 EH3, '05 Ranger, '00 Silverado, '00 EX250
                            • Reputation Power: 82
                            • Matthew is a force to reckon with.Matthew is a force to reckon with.Matthew is a force to reckon with.Matthew is a force to reckon with.Matthew is a force to reckon with.Matthew is a force to reckon with.Matthew is a force to reckon with.Matthew is a force to reckon with.
                            some asshat in a focus st ripped by me on moray and stole my girl

rep me if u wanna see video
                            EH3 in the making.

[May 26 14:52:31] ACiFiC:matt u r so cute i wish u were under my covers :3 :3 :3 :3 xoxo

Been someones avatar count: 7

September 28, 2015, 08:41 AM #64

Time Lord Offline

• Vehicle: Audi
                              • Reputation Power: 19
                              • Time Lord has no influence.

September 28, 2015, 10:47 AM #65

Stefan Offline

• Vehicle: 2004 WRX wagon
                                • Reputation Power: 48
                                • Stefan might someday be someone...Stefan might someday be someone...Stefan might someday be someone...Stefan might someday be someone...
                                Just 2 videos from our dashcams.

After the first incident, my dads face was pale as a ghost. I have never seen him like that before.

build it - race it -  break it - do it all over

September 28, 2015, 11:13 AM #66

jordisonjr Offline

• jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!
                                  That first one would have been messy @Stefan

[Mar 31 23:03:18] Basil:Dan go outside without your pants and let your beef curtains flap around in the wind like a windsock

September 28, 2015, 11:21 AM #67

Stefan Offline

• Vehicle: 2004 WRX wagon
                                    • Reputation Power: 48
                                    • Stefan might someday be someone...Stefan might someday be someone...Stefan might someday be someone...Stefan might someday be someone...
                                    It sure would have @jordisonjr
                                    build it - race it -  break it - do it all over

September 28, 2015, 11:32 AM #68

Shaun Offline

• Vehicle: 1998 Civic, 2003 GS430
                                      • Reputation Power: 370
                                      • Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!

September 28, 2015, 12:24 PM #69

Igor Offline

• Vehicle: 2014 Subaru WRX STI Sport Tech
                                      • Reputation Power: 247
                                      • Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!
                                      omg that first one! holy crap!
                                      2000 Acura Integra GSR - Sold
                                      2014 Subaru WRX STI Sport Tech

September 28, 2015, 12:51 PM #70

tytanium Offline

• Vehicle: 2017 Hyundai Tucson 1.6T SE
                                        • Reputation Power: 89
                                        • tytanium is a force to reckon with.tytanium is a force to reckon with.tytanium is a force to reckon with.tytanium is a force to reckon with.tytanium is a force to reckon with.tytanium is a force to reckon with.tytanium is a force to reckon with.tytanium is a force to reckon with.
                                        Originally posted by Stefan
                                        Just 2 videos from our dashcams.

After the first incident, my dads face was pale as a ghost. I have never seen him like that before.

maybe im wrong, and if i am someone please inform me, but in the 2nd part of the video it appears to me that you were the one in the wrong. You entered the diamond lane and by law are supposed to take the next right turn. The car changed lanes into the diamond lane after the street you were supposed to turn down.
                                        former member of the #boostedhatchcrew

September 28, 2015, 01:21 PM #71

jordisonjr Offline

Originally posted by tytanium
                                          maybe im wrong, and if i am someone please inform me, but in the 2nd part of the video it appears to me that you were the one in the wrong. You entered the diamond lane and by law are supposed to take the next right turn. The car changed lanes into the diamond lane after the street you were supposed to turn down.
                                          It would depend on the time, in this case. I think its only during morning rush from 7-930 and afternoon rush from 3-530 (I think are the times, something like that) Otherwise its a normal lane.

September 28, 2015, 01:22 PM #72

themikewoo Offline

Location: 2537 Pembina Hwy, Winnipeg, MB R3T 2H5
                                            • Vehicle: 2006 Honda S2000
                                            • Reputation Power: 199
                                            • themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!

September 28, 2015, 01:23 PM #73

tytanium Offline

• Vehicle: 2017 Hyundai Tucson 1.6T SE
                                            • Reputation Power: 89
                                            • tytanium is a force to reckon with.tytanium is a force to reckon with.tytanium is a force to reckon with.tytanium is a force to reckon with.tytanium is a force to reckon with.tytanium is a force to reckon with.tytanium is a force to reckon with.tytanium is a force to reckon with.
                                            Originally posted by jordisonjr
                                            It would depend on the time, in this case. I think its only during morning rush from 7-930 and afternoon rush from 3-530 (I think are the times, something like that) Otherwise its a normal lane.
                                            according to the time on the dashcam footage its 8am on a tuesday
                                            former member of the #boostedhatchcrew

September 28, 2015, 01:24 PM #74

jordisonjr Offline

Originally posted by tytanium
                                              according to the time on the dashcam footage its 8am on a tuesday
                                              Did not even notice that :hurr:

Top Tier Imports

Naughty WPG Drivers Caught on Cam!
                                                « Reply #74 on: September 28, 2015, 01:24 PM »