Author Topic: Naughty WPG Drivers Caught on Cam!  (Read 39056 times)

November 23, 2017, 08:28 AM #375

jordisonjr Offline

  • Regular Member
  • Posts: 6,462
  • Join Date: Mar 2012
    Location: Winnipeg
  • Real Name: Jordan.
  • Vehicle: 14/15 Endeavor New Standard 151
  • Reputation Power: 206
  • jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!
Originally posted by alohaimmatt
Although Manitoba being Manitoba and wanting more money rarely even takes peoples licenses away if they have multiple DUI convictions on them...

Yea they do? I know many people who have lost their licence for years over this. And then the amount you have to pay when you do get it back is through the roof

Originally posted by Madbuzz41
I'm not a fan of blowing for a long time anyways ; )


[Mar 31 23:03:18] Basil:Dan go outside without your pants and let your beef curtains flap around in the wind like a windsock

[Dec 11 14:00:38] alexatwork21:I

    Top Tier Imports

    Naughty WPG Drivers Caught on Cam!
    « Reply #375 on: November 23, 2017, 08:28 AM »

    November 23, 2017, 08:30 AM #376

    alohaimmatt Offline

    • Regular Member
    • Posts: 274
    • Join Date: Jun 2017
    • Real Name: Matt
    • Vehicle: 2017 DGM WRX
    • Reputation Power: 17
    • alohaimmatt has no influence.
    Originally posted by jordisonjr
    Yea they do? I know many people who have lost their licence for years over this. And then the amount you have to pay when you do get it back is through the roof



    Sorry I meant to say permanently after multiple convictions.

    EDIT: Basically what I mean is driving in Manitoba and Canada in general is complete bull****. We let anyone and everyone get their licenses, and let them hold onto them through more or less anything just to make another dollar.
    Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 08:38 AM by alohaimmatt

      November 23, 2017, 11:36 AM #377

      cluelessk Offline

      • Posts: 1,179
      • Join Date: May 2013
      • Real Name: Matthew
      • Vehicle: 2008 Cobalt SS
      • Reputation Power: 21
      • cluelessk barely matters.cluelessk barely matters.
      Originally posted by alohaimmatt
      Sorry I meant to say permanently after multiple convictions.

      EDIT: Basically what I mean is driving in Manitoba and Canada in general is complete bull****. We let anyone and everyone get their licenses, and let them hold onto them through more or less anything just to make another dollar.

      Manitoba is super strict on DUI convictions. First offense is at least 10 demerits, minimum $1000 fine, car gets impounded for 30 days, year driving ban and a year of a breathalyzer in your car that costs a fortune monthly. You can't get your license back without a year of the breathalyzer.

      But because MPI it's fairly cheap to get your license back. Roughly $1000 a year for a drivers. When it would be closer to $10k with private insurance.

      Multiple conviction start to compound and can end in jail time after the second offense. I know an alcoholic that went years without drivers and had to have the breathalyzer for multiple years. It's a couple hundred bucks each month.
      [Mar 23 12:14:28] Anne Gus:nah clueless is right

        November 23, 2017, 11:52 AM #378

        alohaimmatt Offline

        • Regular Member
        • Posts: 274
        • Join Date: Jun 2017
        • Real Name: Matt
        • Vehicle: 2017 DGM WRX
        • Reputation Power: 17
        • alohaimmatt has no influence.
        Originally posted by cluelessk
        Manitoba is super strict on DUI convictions. First offense is at least 10 demerits, minimum $1000 fine, car gets impounded for 30 days, year driving ban and a year of a breathalyzer in your car that costs a fortune monthly. You can't get your license back without a year of the breathalyzer.

        But because MPI it's fairly cheap to get your license back. Roughly $1000 a year for a drivers. When it would be closer to $10k with private insurance.

        Multiple conviction start to compound and can end in jail time after the second offense. I know an alcoholic that went years without drivers and had to have the breathalyzer for multiple years. It's a couple hundred bucks each month.

        Huh didn't know all that, interesting!

          November 23, 2017, 03:42 PM #379

          Madbuzz41 Offline

          • Regular Member
          • Posts: 2,197
          • Join Date: Aug 2014
            Location: Winnipeg
          • Real Name: Kyle
          • Vehicle: Fiat 500 Sport
          • Reputation Power: 13
          • Madbuzz41 has no influence.
          Originally posted by alohaimmatt
          Yeah I completely agree, we definitely need way more difficult testing and re-testing throughout the years. It's actually a complete joke how easy it is to pass that test. Personally distracted driving should be treated the same way as driving under the influence, suspend someones license for a month or so and if the repeat increase the length or just take it away. Although Manitoba being Manitoba and wanting more money rarely even takes peoples licenses away if they have multiple DUI convictions on them...

          When I went on my road trip I averaged 7.5L/100KM highway @ 130KMPH in my WRX, in city I get around 9.9L/100KM. I just filled up for the first time in winter... 11.9L/100KM this will be a rough winter.


          Iíll trade you fuel economy with my ranger getting 27L per 100km


          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

            November 23, 2017, 05:07 PM #380

            alohaimmatt Offline

            • Regular Member
            • Posts: 274
            • Join Date: Jun 2017
            • Real Name: Matt
            • Vehicle: 2017 DGM WRX
            • Reputation Power: 17
            • alohaimmatt has no influence.
            Originally posted by Madbuzz41

            Iíll trade you fuel economy with my ranger getting 27L per 100km


            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

            If you someone managed to get a hold of one of these,

            https://pictures.topspeed.com/IMG/crop/201707/ford-ranger-raptor-3_600x0w.jpg

            Then sure! :)

              November 23, 2017, 05:08 PM #381

              Madbuzz41 Offline

              • Regular Member
              • Posts: 2,197
              • Join Date: Aug 2014
                Location: Winnipeg
              • Real Name: Kyle
              • Vehicle: Fiat 500 Sport
              • Reputation Power: 13
              • Madbuzz41 has no influence.
              Originally posted by alohaimmatt
              If you someone managed to get a hold of one of these,

              https://pictures.topspeed.com/IMG/crop/201707/ford-ranger-raptor-3_600x0w.jpg

              Then sure! :)

              Haha the ranger raptor


              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                December 20, 2017, 11:27 PM #382

                themikewoo Offline

                • Regular Member
                • Posts: 8,728
                • Join Date: Apr 2012
                  Location: 2537 Pembina Hwy, Winnipeg, MB R3T 2H5
                • Real Name: Jimmy Choo
                • Vehicle: 2006 Honda S2000
                • Reputation Power: 200
                • themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!

                January 26, 2018, 11:24 PM #383

                themikewoo Offline

                • Regular Member
                • Posts: 8,728
                • Join Date: Apr 2012
                  Location: 2537 Pembina Hwy, Winnipeg, MB R3T 2H5
                • Real Name: Jimmy Choo
                • Vehicle: 2006 Honda S2000
                • Reputation Power: 200
                • themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!

                January 28, 2018, 07:37 PM #384

                Imprzme Offline

                • Regular Member
                • Posts: 482
                • Join Date: Sep 2012
                  Location: 'peg
                • Vehicle: '16 Legacy 3.6R
                • Reputation Power: 21
                • Imprzme barely matters.Imprzme barely matters.





                And related question - how can you get youtube to complete Editing?   I've got two videos that I split with youtube and they've been stuck at "Edit in progress" for two days now...
                 
                Last Edit: January 28, 2018, 07:43 PM by Imprzme
                Save your breath - you'll need it to inflate your girlfriend

                  January 28, 2018, 10:43 PM #385

                  #StreetFocus Offline

                  • Regular Member
                  • Posts: 1,852
                  • Join Date: May 2016
                  • Vehicle: 1974 Ford Maverick
                  • Reputation Power: 93
                  • #StreetFocus has great potential!#StreetFocus has great potential!#StreetFocus has great potential!#StreetFocus has great potential!#StreetFocus has great potential!#StreetFocus has great potential!#StreetFocus has great potential!#StreetFocus has great potential!#StreetFocus has great potential!
                  wooooooow


                    January 29, 2018, 02:08 AM #386

                    Madbuzz41 Offline

                    • Regular Member
                    • Posts: 2,197
                    • Join Date: Aug 2014
                      Location: Winnipeg
                    • Real Name: Kyle
                    • Vehicle: Fiat 500 Sport
                    • Reputation Power: 13
                    • Madbuzz41 has no influence.
                    Originally posted by Imprzme





                    And related question - how can you get youtube to complete Editing?   I've got two videos that I split with youtube and they've been stuck at "Edit in progress" for two days now...

                    I would beg to say the minivan one is 50% your fault


                    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                      January 29, 2018, 07:24 AM #387

                      Imprzme Offline

                      • Regular Member
                      • Posts: 482
                      • Join Date: Sep 2012
                        Location: 'peg
                      • Vehicle: '16 Legacy 3.6R
                      • Reputation Power: 21
                      • Imprzme barely matters.Imprzme barely matters.


                      Off topic but what the heck - enjoy!
                      Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 07:44 AM by Imprzme
                      Save your breath - you'll need it to inflate your girlfriend

                        January 29, 2018, 07:43 AM #388

                        Imprzme Offline

                        • Regular Member
                        • Posts: 482
                        • Join Date: Sep 2012
                          Location: 'peg
                        • Vehicle: '16 Legacy 3.6R
                        • Reputation Power: 21
                        • Imprzme barely matters.Imprzme barely matters.
                        Save your breath - you'll need it to inflate your girlfriend

                          January 29, 2018, 08:29 AM #389

                          #StreetFocus Offline

                          • Regular Member
                          • Posts: 1,852
                          • Join Date: May 2016
                          • Vehicle: 1974 Ford Maverick
                          • Reputation Power: 93
                          • #StreetFocus has great potential!#StreetFocus has great potential!#StreetFocus has great potential!#StreetFocus has great potential!#StreetFocus has great potential!#StreetFocus has great potential!#StreetFocus has great potential!#StreetFocus has great potential!#StreetFocus has great potential!
                          Originally posted by Madbuzz41
                          I would beg to say the minivan one is 50% your fault


                          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          I wouldn't say that. Van was 100% in the wrong lane.

                          Op probably should have stopped at the light considering it was changing, but eh.

                            January 29, 2018, 08:39 AM #390

                            alohaimmatt Offline

                            • Regular Member
                            • Posts: 274
                            • Join Date: Jun 2017
                            • Real Name: Matt
                            • Vehicle: 2017 DGM WRX
                            • Reputation Power: 17
                            • alohaimmatt has no influence.
                            Originally posted by Madbuzz41
                            I would beg to say the minivan one is 50% your fault


                            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                            I'd love to hear how lol, 100% vans fault.

                              January 29, 2018, 08:40 AM #391

                              alohaimmatt Offline

                              • Regular Member
                              • Posts: 274
                              • Join Date: Jun 2017
                              • Real Name: Matt
                              • Vehicle: 2017 DGM WRX
                              • Reputation Power: 17
                              • alohaimmatt has no influence.
                              Originally posted by Imprzme


                              Need to turn the mic on so we can hear the horn!

                                January 29, 2018, 11:22 AM #392

                                Madbuzz41 Offline

                                • Regular Member
                                • Posts: 2,197
                                • Join Date: Aug 2014
                                  Location: Winnipeg
                                • Real Name: Kyle
                                • Vehicle: Fiat 500 Sport
                                • Reputation Power: 13
                                • Madbuzz41 has no influence.
                                Originally posted by alohaimmatt
                                I'd love to hear how lol, 100% vans fault.

                                Not at all.

                                The car was approximately 25 cars back doing 39km/h when the hand was flashing so you can safely assume the light is then going to turn red soon.
                                Once taking the left lane immediately sped up to 46km/h. Once he hit that speed he approached the 10 car distance and you can see the van then break and signal left. As the light turned yellow he was a good 7.5 cars back, and he then sped up from 47km/h to 54km/h to make this turn. He had PLENTY of time to stop and yet he accelerated to make a turn he would have to then have to break rapidly for. During the closing distance from 7-0 car lengths the far was signaling the entire time only to watch the car rapidly speed up. Then once came time the van decided he would slowly merge over because the car wasnít letting him in and then the turn arised.


                                Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                                  January 29, 2018, 11:42 AM #393

                                  dano Offline

                                  • Regular Member
                                  • Posts: 2,431
                                  • Join Date: Aug 2012
                                    Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
                                  • Real Name: Daniel G
                                  • Vehicle: 2013 Nissan Leaf SL, 2002 Subaru Forester XT
                                  • Reputation Power: 94
                                  • dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!
                                  Originally posted by Madbuzz41
                                  Not at all.

                                  The car was approximately 25 cars back doing 39km/h when the hand was flashing so you can safely assume the light is then going to turn red soon.
                                  Once taking the left lane immediately sped up to 46km/h. Once he hit that speed he approached the 10 car distance and you can see the van then break and signal left. As the light turned yellow he was a good 7.5 cars back, and he then sped up from 47km/h to 54km/h to make this turn. He had PLENTY of time to stop and yet he accelerated to make a turn he would have to then have to break rapidly for. During the closing distance from 7-0 car lengths the far was signaling the entire time only to watch the car rapidly speed up. Then once came time the van decided he would slowly merge over because the car wasnít letting him in and then the turn arised.


                                  Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                  You put a bunch of numbers in there, but you forgot:
                                  - if turning from a the left most lane, you turn into the first available lane.
                                  - if turning from say the lane second from the left, you turn in to the second from the left lane.
                                  - you are not allowed to change lanes in the middle of an intersection

                                  The minivan violated two of them, one of them twice:
                                  - turned from the middle lane into the left lane, and then from the left lane into the middle or right lane (video cuts off).
                                  - changed lanes in an intersection.

                                  Speed has nothing to do with it, as they were both under the speed limit.

                                  The minivan didn't look when they were turning, didn't turn from the correct lane, effectively just trying to cut the corner.

                                  There is also no sign permitting turning from the middle lane. If Imprzme was going to go straight and park in the spots on the other side of the street, it would have been obvious that the minivan was in error.

                                  100% minivans fault.
                                  Current Forester count: 1
                                  Owner, Next Level Escapes

                                    January 29, 2018, 11:53 AM #394

                                    Madbuzz41 Offline

                                    • Regular Member
                                    • Posts: 2,197
                                    • Join Date: Aug 2014
                                      Location: Winnipeg
                                    • Real Name: Kyle
                                    • Vehicle: Fiat 500 Sport
                                    • Reputation Power: 13
                                    • Madbuzz41 has no influence.
                                    Originally posted by dano
                                    You put a bunch of numbers in there, but you forgot:
                                    - if turning from a the left most lane, you turn into the first available lane.
                                    - if turning from say the lane second from the left, you turn in to the second from the left lane.
                                    - you are not allowed to change lanes in the middle of an intersection

                                    The minivan violated two of them, one of them twice:
                                    - turned from the middle lane into the left lane, and then from the left lane into the middle or right lane (video cuts off).
                                    - changed lanes in an intersection.

                                    Speed has nothing to do with it, as they were both under the speed limit.

                                    The minivan didn't look when they were turning, didn't turn from the correct lane, effectively just trying to cut the corner.

                                    There is also no sign permitting turning from the middle lane. If Imprzme was going to go straight and park in the spots on the other side of the street, it would have been obvious that the minivan was in error.

                                    100% minivans fault.

                                    Yes Iím aware of the first available lane law. The van clearly wanted the first most inside lane and didnít realize till later.

                                    Speed is definitely a factor.
                                    Like I said before Iím not saying the van is completely innocent and no one likes getting cut off but speeding up for a yellow light that far back is also illegal. Doesnít matter if youíre under the speed, a yellow doesnít mean step on it and make it.
                                    Could be passed off as imprudent driving.

                                    Not 100% vans fault. 50/50 .


                                    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                                      January 29, 2018, 12:04 PM #395

                                      dano Offline

                                      • Regular Member
                                      • Posts: 2,431
                                      • Join Date: Aug 2012
                                        Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
                                      • Real Name: Daniel G
                                      • Vehicle: 2013 Nissan Leaf SL, 2002 Subaru Forester XT
                                      • Reputation Power: 94
                                      • dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!
                                      Originally posted by Madbuzz41
                                      Yes Iím aware of the first available lane law. The van clearly wanted the first most inside lane and didnít realize till later.
                                      Not realizing till later means theyíre in the wrong. They did not turn from the proper turning lane. End of story. If they didnít realize it, that means they keep going straight until they can legally turn in the direction they want to.

                                      You could say the same thing about someone who wanted to stop before a stop sign but didnít realize till later that they were not going to do it. Still their fault.

                                      Perspective is also something you are over estimating - a fisheye camera makes it look like heís way behind the van when heís not.

                                      Some pedestrian lights have the red flashing hand for almost the entire light, and isnít a part of what drivers are supposed to be looking at.
                                      Current Forester count: 1
                                      Owner, Next Level Escapes

                                        January 29, 2018, 12:07 PM #396

                                        Madbuzz41 Offline

                                        • Regular Member
                                        • Posts: 2,197
                                        • Join Date: Aug 2014
                                          Location: Winnipeg
                                        • Real Name: Kyle
                                        • Vehicle: Fiat 500 Sport
                                        • Reputation Power: 13
                                        • Madbuzz41 has no influence.
                                        Originally posted by dano
                                        Not realizing till later means theyíre in the wrong. They did not turn from the proper turning lane. End of story. If they didnít realize it, that means they keep going straight until they can legally turn in the direction they want to.

                                        You could say the same thing about someone who wanted to stop before a stop sign but didnít realize till later that they were not going to do it. Still their fault.

                                        Perspective is also something you are over estimating - a fisheye camera makes it look like heís way behind the van when heís not.

                                        Some pedestrian lights have the red flashing hand for almost the entire light, and isnít a part of what drivers are supposed to be looking at.


                                        A car speeding up rapidly to make a yellow light is also in the wrong, therefor making it still both vehicles at fault.
                                        If the car wouldíve rear ended the van you would say well the van took my lane, and autopac would say yes but you didnít stop when you shouldíve, you sped up and was not being a defensive driver.
                                        Both vehicles are at fault, I donít know why you have such a hard time accepting that.


                                        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                                          January 29, 2018, 12:16 PM #397

                                          alohaimmatt Offline

                                          • Regular Member
                                          • Posts: 274
                                          • Join Date: Jun 2017
                                          • Real Name: Matt
                                          • Vehicle: 2017 DGM WRX
                                          • Reputation Power: 17
                                          • alohaimmatt has no influence.
                                          Originally posted by Madbuzz41

                                          A car speeding up rapidly to make a yellow light is also in the wrong, therefor making it still both vehicles at fault.
                                          If the car wouldíve rear ended the van you would say well the van took my lane, and autopac would say yes but you didnít stop when you shouldíve, you sped up and was not being a defensive driver.
                                          Both vehicles are at fault, I donít know why you have such a hard time accepting that.


                                          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                                          He went 4 KMPH over the speed limit, hardly "speeding". Also speeding up for a yellow light is not illegal like your other post might have said. Changing from the wrong lane, in what is considered the "intersection" (solid lines) is illegal. Also just because you signal does not give you the right to change lanes, it just indicates your intents to other drivers around you.

                                          Should Imprezme had slowed down and let the driver in? Sure, he's not required to though. Could the van have braked and dropped in behind him? Sure, that would have been the safer thing to do.

                                          Being a defensive driver is not a requirement to driving.

                                          I don't understand how you thing an unsafe and illegal turn is fine just because he went 4KMPH over the speed limit. When you're changing lanes or making a turn it is 100% your responsibility to do so safely.

                                            January 29, 2018, 12:19 PM #398

                                            Madbuzz41 Offline

                                            • Regular Member
                                            • Posts: 2,197
                                            • Join Date: Aug 2014
                                              Location: Winnipeg
                                            • Real Name: Kyle
                                            • Vehicle: Fiat 500 Sport
                                            • Reputation Power: 13
                                            • Madbuzz41 has no influence.
                                            Originally posted by alohaimmatt
                                            He went 4 KMPH over the speed limit, hardly "speeding". Also speeding up for a yellow light is not illegal like your other post might have said. Changing from the wrong lane, in what is considered the "intersection" (solid lines) is illegal. Also just because you signal does not give you the right to change lanes, it just indicates your intents to other drivers around you.

                                            Should Imprezme had slowed down and let the driver in? Sure, he's not required to though. Could the van have braked and dropped in behind him? Sure, that would have been the safer thing to do.

                                            Being a defensive driver is not a requirement to driving.

                                            I don't understand how you thing an unsafe and illegal turn is fine just because he went 4KMPH over the speed limit. When you're changing lanes or making a turn it is 100% your responsibility to do so safely.

                                            I donít care about the 4km/h over the limit itís the fact he sped so much up from his initial speed which speeding up for a yellow light can be fined.
                                            My buddy got pulled over for it by a cop and said itís careless driving , when you have ample time to stop and you speed up for a light youíre not being defensive and watching your surroundings youíre speeding up to make it through a light.

                                            Yes , the vans actions were illegal and the cars were not. The car caused a good part of that grief though and by speeding up caused most of the problem.
                                            If the car wouldnít have sped up in the first place and planned to stop for that light the van couldíve easily changed lanes sooner and made the turn without hesitation and we wouldnít have this video.

                                            Thatís all Iím trying to say.


                                            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                                              January 29, 2018, 01:02 PM #399

                                              dano Offline

                                              • Regular Member
                                              • Posts: 2,431
                                              • Join Date: Aug 2012
                                                Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
                                              • Real Name: Daniel G
                                              • Vehicle: 2013 Nissan Leaf SL, 2002 Subaru Forester XT
                                              • Reputation Power: 94
                                              • dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!
                                              He sped up TO THE SPEED LIMIT. It wasnít speeding up like he was at the speed limit then went to 65 to get through the light. It looked worse a) because fisheye and b) the van was going so slow.

                                              My brother had a similar incident happen when there was an accident. He was in the right lane of a two lane one way street and he did a dopey thing and thought he was on a two way street and turned left into a car that was in his blind spot and going faster than him. 100% his fault. It doesnít matter that the other driver was behind him, he performed the illegal move.

                                              Itís not that I donít see what youíre saying - Iím dismissing it because I donít think youíre right.


                                              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                              Current Forester count: 1
                                              Owner, Next Level Escapes

                                                Top Tier Imports

                                                Naughty WPG Drivers Caught on Cam!
                                                « Reply #399 on: January 29, 2018, 01:02 PM »