Author Topic: Visions Regent  (Read 1334 times)

September 29, 2015, 02:55 PM #0

slipstreamconversion Offline

• Vehicle: 1997 Toyota Aristo / 1993 Toyota Camry
  • Reputation Power: 82
  • slipstreamconversion is a force to reckon with.slipstreamconversion is a force to reckon with.slipstreamconversion is a force to reckon with.slipstreamconversion is a force to reckon with.slipstreamconversion is a force to reckon with.slipstreamconversion is a force to reckon with.slipstreamconversion is a force to reckon with.slipstreamconversion is a force to reckon with.
I'm more or less posting this in case someone else gets caught in the same situation I'm in.  Also this is a good place to organize information and thoughts etc.  No names will be mentioned publicly

Introduction

I bought a Pioneer AVH P8400bh from Visions for the tune of 550ish (finding receipt for exact amount at the moment) dollars.  Retailed around 800.  Was pretty happy, a great head unit.  Bought the extended 4 year coverage and never thought anything of it.

I bought a Galaxy Note 4 and wondered why my Bluetooth wasn't working, and found out it needed to be updated.  Downloaded the update, put it on my laptop, connected my laptop to the stereo via bluetooth (ONLY way this can be updated unfortunately) and then restarted the car after it was finished exactly to how Pioneer specified in their update instructions.  Then I got an error on the screen and lost all bluetooth functionality with anything.  Upon further research, turns out the update corrupted the bluetooth power module and had to be fixed.  I was pretty upset, and went to Visions remembering I had warranty that covered EVERYTHING except screen burn, physical damage and stuff like that.

Sure enough, Visions took it in and sent it on it's way to be repaired on Jul 5, assuring me the stereo was covered even though I explained my situation. 

I phoned every couple weeks after the first month, and finally got my stereo back Sunday Sept 27 2015 and instead of receiving my flagship AVH P8400bh, they gave me a AVH X4700bs.  They said it couldn't be repaired, so as per the extended warranty they replaced it.  I thought okay, well, I'll miss my old one but alright that's fair.  Left Visions with the stereo.  I went to Boston Pizza that night and was looking up reviews, and this stereo doesn't have the detachable faceplate I needed (I park my car downtown) and no SD card reader.  Weird, I thought.  Visions was closed after our dinner so I thought I'd swing by Monday and ask what was going on.

Monday, Sept 28 2015

Went in to Visions and talked to the car salesman.  I told him I wouldn't be accepting this stereo as I need there to be an SD card reader, although I can live without it, but the detachable faceplate is something I definitely need.  I told him the comparable unit (and the only stereo that has a detachable faceplate) is the 4100NEX.  He said that stereo has tons more features than I had on my P8400bh.  I told him I bought the stereo because of the faceplate and double din together, otherwise I wouldn't have purchased it, to which he replied "that's not the reason you bought it" as he was looking up past purchase history on my account.  He also mentioned that they replaced it cost for cost, as I bought my stereo for 550 and this new one retails for a comparable price.  He also mentioned that Pioneer does the determination as to what type of stereo they replace it with.  Not having done my research, I said I'd call Pioneer and left, after he said I could trade the stereo they gave me, and pay cash on top of that for the 4100NEX.

I called Pioneer around 2:50 and got through to an agent about 3:10, she was looking up my case number and then our call got disconnected on her end.  I couldn't phone back because now it was outside their call center hours.  At this point I was pissed.

Upon reading the back of the yellow receipt, I noticed in the Extended Service Plan it mentions, "Visions Electronics will repair or replace with current equivalent(s), at it's option, such defective covered unit without charge to the customer for parts or labour"

I called Visions Regent back again and asked for the store manager.  The guy who answered was the salesman that I have been talking to.  He tried hard to deflect from the manager and just take all my info and then he said she would call me back.  And she did.

She said that because of the fact that I got a deal on my sale, they may have (she didn't know for sure) replaced the unit cost to cost equivalent, rather than features to features equivalent.

She gave me a couple numbers of service managers to talk to whom specialize in the warranty plans and go from there.  She was pretty helpful, despite not knowing too many specifics and I was glad that she called back.

I did a bit of research afterwards, and here is how the units stack up, all information from pioneerelectronics.ca .

4100NEX (The standard I will be comparing things to, and the unit I wish to receive as a replacement)
AVH P8400bh (my old unit)
AVH X4700bs (the unit they are trying to give me)

4100NEX $700.00 MSRP
http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/DVD-Receivers/AVH-4100NEX

AVH P8400bh $779.00 MSRP with 3 differences from the 4100NEX
https://www.pioneerelectronics.ca/PUSA/Car/DVD-Receivers/AVH-P8400BH

AVH X4700bs $449.00 MSRP with 5 differences from the 4100NEX
http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/DVD-Receivers/AVH-X4700BS

So clearly, my unit is more equivalent to the flagship unit, not the downgrade unit. 

I also collected the receipt that my girlfriend has, she just bought the 4100NEX a couple weeks ago from the Visions Regent store, just as a comparison for when I go to the St James store and talk to the service manager.

Tuesday, Sept 29 2015

I went to St James Visions with my research in hand, and talked to a sales guy whom agreed about replacing the unit.  I asked for the service manager and he left and came back and the sales guy said he would try to help me instead.  The Service manager the whole time would only talk through this sales guy, which I felt bad for because he had to keep running back and forth at least 4 times.

They refused to do anything at that store and said I'm going to have to wait until Thursday, when the Service Manager at the Visions Regent location gets back from holidays.

Then he also mentioned in passing that they replaced the deck based on what I paid. That really pissed me off, but I was prepared.

I showed him my girlfriends receipt and how she got the 4100NEX for $596 and told him that he can't compare my purchase price with the msrp of this new downgrade unit.  If he wants to compare prices he can compare purchase price to purchase price.  You can tell he wasn't prepared that I had solid prices in hand lol.  After that he got a bit defensive and told me there was nothing he can do and told me to go to the regent store Thursday.

Upon the drive home, I noticed that on my girlfriends new white receipt, they changed an area that directly relates to Service plans, and I feel it should be noted for anyone whom is purchasing from them now and into the future.

Old:  "Visions Electronics will repair or replace with current equivalent(s), at it's option, such defective covered unit without charge to the customer for parts or labour"

New: "product is not economical to repair, Visions may, at their discretion, provide the customer with a new or similar unit at no charge to customer. Visions will attempt to replace the original product with the same brand but reserves the right to substitute brands when necessary"

Interesting that this began with blaming Pioneer, and now the more I research and present receipts and comparisons and whatnot, they are having less and less of ground to stand on when trying to force me a headunit I don't want, that is a downgrade, rather than just replacing with an equivalent like their ESP explains.

Thursday, Oct 1 2015

So phoned Visions Regent, and now the service manager is gone until Tuesday rather than Thursday (today).  So now for more waiting.  Phoned head office and they don't deal with customer service complaints and issues, it's a separate line.  Phoned that line, was on hold for one minute and then was told by automatic prompt to phone a local Visions retailer then went to a voicemail.

This is ridiculous.

Will update when something else happens.
Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 01:42 PM by slipstreamconversion

Top Tier Imports

Visions Regent
    « on: September 29, 2015, 02:55 PM »

September 29, 2015, 05:14 PM #1

Ctown8 Offline

• Vehicle: 2001 Forester STI 2000 Celica
    • Reputation Power: 120
    • Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!
    in4updates
    BAASSSSSSS
    I work at Brian Reimer Audio on St. Marys, come in for some good deals, ask for Colin.
    My Motto: Love thy neighbors sick nasty whip like u love thy selves dirt nasty swag machine!
    Dont mod your cars kids. its not worth it.

September 29, 2015, 05:29 PM #2

brennen Offline

• Vehicle: 2008 Chevy 2500HD 1997 Honda CRV
      • Reputation Power: 9
      • brennen has no influence.
      I just bought a full audio system for my truck from Visions Regent with them installing it. Only complaint is that it can take a long time to talk to someone in the car audio area.

Hope you get this all sorted out!

September 30, 2015, 11:32 AM #3

Autter Offline

• Reputation Power: 36
        • Autter is working their way up.Autter is working their way up.Autter is working their way up.
        I would be surprised if they don't replace it with a proper unit, especially since I worked there.
        But at the same time, they can all be very difficult, just stay on their good side and don't be a belligerent asshole. :lol: ...not saying you would.

in4updates
        [Dec 23 10:24:37] Ctown8:i was hanging out with this girl named autumn last night, and i kept calling her autter by accident. she was like what the heck lol

Igor [May 09, 09:58:01 AM]:   silly people, ikea is for furniture not car meets

September 30, 2015, 12:12 PM #4

themikewoo Offline

• Vehicle: 2006 Honda S2000
          • Reputation Power: 194
          • themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!
          With a name like Vision's, you think they would of SEEN the change to the warranty policy.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

October 01, 2015, 01:42 PM #5

slipstreamconversion Offline

• Vehicle: 1997 Toyota Aristo / 1993 Toyota Camry
            • Reputation Power: 82
            • slipstreamconversion is a force to reckon with.slipstreamconversion is a force to reckon with.slipstreamconversion is a force to reckon with.slipstreamconversion is a force to reckon with.slipstreamconversion is a force to reckon with.slipstreamconversion is a force to reckon with.slipstreamconversion is a force to reckon with.slipstreamconversion is a force to reckon with.
            Updated to Oct 1 2015

October 01, 2015, 04:39 PM #6

JayPe3 Offline

• Vehicle: 2010 Toyota Tundra SR5
              • Reputation Power: 67
              • JayPe3 is a rising star!JayPe3 is a rising star!JayPe3 is a rising star!JayPe3 is a rising star!JayPe3 is a rising star!JayPe3 is a rising star!
              AWWWWWWSHEEEEEEE

I'm following on facebook but I wanted to bump

October 01, 2015, 10:15 PM #7

Electro Offline

• Vehicle: '99 GF8 STI
                • Reputation Power: 6
                • Electro has no influence.
                Myself and everyone I know has had nothing but terrible experiences with Visions on Regent. Right now they're pulling a similar move on my cousin who's tweeter stopped working two months after purchase.

I refuse to deal with that store in any way.
                1999 Army Green GF8   2012 Grabber Blue Mustang GT

October 02, 2015, 07:51 AM #8

Dan

Originally posted by Electro
                  Myself and everyone I know has had nothing but terrible experiences with Visions on Regent. Right now they're pulling a similar move on my cousin who's tweeter stopped working two months after purchase.

I refuse to deal with that store in any way.

man, i dealt with brian on a set of speakers that blew 2 days after warranty expired and he still exchanged it for a new set (although the warranty was done)

Ever since Brian left, that place took a huge dive it seems.   Lately these guys seem to give nothing but issues.   

Also on a side note, last time i saw a visions installation of any kind, they had not used a single drop of solder.  They taped all the connections....  This is a HUGE no no in any kind of installation.   All connections should be soldered to prevent issues!

Ive repaired a few head unit installs over my time because of this happening. (not to say they were all from visions, but most part they were)

October 02, 2015, 08:07 AM #9

Electro Offline

On my cousin's car with the tweeter issue, they lifted the car on the wrong point and completely bent one of the pieces of lower trim. They then played it off saying that they didn't do it blah blah blah and that because he didn't have pictures right before the installation he couldn't prove it was them that bent it.

October 02, 2015, 09:12 AM #10

Ctown8 Offline

• Vehicle: 2001 Forester STI 2000 Celica
                      • Reputation Power: 120
                      • Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!
                      Originally posted by Electro
                      On my cousin's car with the tweeter issue, they lifted the car on the wrong point and completely bent one of the pieces of lower trim. They then played it off saying that they didn't do it blah blah blah and that because he didn't have pictures right before the installation he couldn't prove it was them that bent it.
                      why were they lifting the car?
                      BAASSSSSSS
                      I work at Brian Reimer Audio on St. Marys, come in for some good deals, ask for Colin.
                      My Motto: Love thy neighbors sick nasty whip like u love thy selves dirt nasty swag machine!
                      Dont mod your cars kids. its not worth it.

October 02, 2015, 09:23 AM #11

dano Offline

• Vehicle: 2013 Nissan Leaf SL
                        • Reputation Power: 91
                        • dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!
                        Originally posted by Ctown8
                        why were they lifting the car?
                        I know eh? Sounds weird for a tweeter.
                        Current Forester count: 1
                        New business opening soon...

October 02, 2015, 05:21 PM #12

Electro Offline

I couldn't figure it out either!

Edit: just to clarify, it was bent when they were installing a full sound system. Amp, all new speakers, sub, etc. Not that it makes any more sense... I've done a few installs and never had to lift a car to do it.
                          Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 10:19 AM by Electro

Top Tier Imports

Visions Regent
                            « Reply #12 on: October 02, 2015, 05:21 PM »