Author Topic: B-Pro Auto Imports (Brian)  (Read 1132 times)

October 10, 2015, 05:26 PM #0

matt_m Offline

• Reputation Power: 7
  • matt_m has no influence.
Where to begin...

I'll do my best to keep it to the point, but wow Brian makes things simple. I admit at first I seemed weary going through the import process. A lot of wait time and a lot of money tied up for a period of time. I thought maybe I'd be better off finding something locally. But after so many disappointing cars on kijiji I figured lets give Brian a try. I had heard some bad things about other importers. I liked the idea of dealing with Brian better than anyone else. I heard positive reviews from people on here so I expected nothing but the best, and boy did he deliver.

It started off with a simple e-mail in mid July. Within the week I had my brokerage fee paid, papers signed and delivered and the search begun. Lots of cars popped up and I quickly emailed Brian on a few of them. Brian did what he could to find out prices and conditions. Unfortunately at that time I had my budget set far to low, and none of the vehicles ended up being what I really wanted (or they sold). I would say we shot back and forth about 6-10 emails before I came to the conclusion I wanted too much for my budget. With that I upped my budget by a fair amount and things became a lot easier. I might add that Brian was going through a busy time in his life with a honey moon, so I find it pretty astonishing how smooth things all went, and how fast! It was late July when I brought this black Supra to Brians attention. He quickly inquired and found out the car had a lot of local attention. I loved the car and knew the value of some of the mods that went into the car. With that I took the dive and told Brian to bid and not wait a day longer. On Aug 1st I found out it was mine! At this point I was so excited. It was now that I had to play the waiting game.

From here it was a cake walk. A couple of forms to sign and send to Brian, and the rest he took care of. I paid for the car in full and waited eagerly for it to hop on the boat. It took a week or two to get everything settled as Brian was on his Honeymoon and it was being picked up and brought to Brian's yard in Japan. After that the car hoped onto a boat Aug 30. The car arrived at port Sept 15. From there it sat over a weekend and shortly after went through examination at customs. This took about a week. After this it hoped on a train and 10 days passed. Come Oct 6 and I have a car in Winnipeg.

Quick recap for anyone wanting to import from Brian. Here was my timeline:

About  1 month worth of searching and whatnot
2 and a bit weeks on a boat
about 2 weeks at port in Vancouver after weekends and so on.
10 Days on train to Winnipeg.
Total time spent on the import from email 1 to arrival was July 13 - October 6. Not bad at all!

Roughly 60 emails were sent and not once did I ever feel I wasn't an important customer. Brian does his best to keep you updated and informed. I would highly recommend his services to any friend, family or member of the forum.

Final Verdict:

Communication: 10/10 ( 60 emails and a few phone calls to harass Brian haha)
Expectations met: 10/10 Really happy with the outcome of the vehicle. Great mechanical and physical condition
Timeline: 10/10 ... 3 Months start to end for the car of my dreams... Deal :D
Pricing: 10/10 I'm chintzy like any other Winnipeger but for what Brian did for me I'd pay his brokerage fee any day.
Interaction with Brian: 10/10 Very nice guy, hard working and somehow always manages to put his customer first (even before/after a honeymoon)

Go look at my journal (Matt's RZ supra) to see what Brian got me. Here's a quick photo to show what Brian can get you!

Top Tier Imports

B-Pro Auto Imports (Brian)
    « on: October 10, 2015, 05:26 PM »

October 11, 2015, 12:53 PM #1

hiImMatt Offline

• Vehicle: 00 JDM WRX
    • Reputation Power: 3
    • hiImMatt has no influence.
    Good to hear the B-pro review. I'm importing with Brian and my car is currently stuck in customs :(. hope to get it soon :)
    #startedwithacivic

October 11, 2015, 11:02 PM #2

Impact Offline

• Vehicle: 1998 Mitsubishi Evo V GSR
      • Reputation Power: 61
      • Impact is a rising star!Impact is a rising star!Impact is a rising star!Impact is a rising star!Impact is a rising star!Impact is a rising star!
      My final verdict would be out of 10 be a
      9/10
      Communication was great but near the end it became a little less. Understandably due to him preparing for his wedding and business. He was also looking into getting extra help to run the site and help with emails.

I had decided to go Evo as I was working at the dealership(Mits).
      So I had informed Brian I was not good at saving money, so we agreed that I can just send him payments until I get to a comfortable range for auctioning.
      After a few months of him trying to find me something. He decided to sell me his personal pick up for cheaper than what he would if he sold it on his site.
      It was what I wanted.
      - silver
      - stock

Only issues were it needing new rear brake pads and a clutch.
      Before the car could make the boat, the clutch went. So the car missed the first boat. Delayed 2 weeks and $1000 out, as they no choice but to change the clutch in order to get in the boat. Brian did pay half. But it was crappy to pay that, as he already gave me a clutch kit to use when the car came to Wpg.

Final Verdict:

Communication: 9/10
      Tons of emails, texts and a few phone calls to harass Brian at times it took a few days to get an answer

Expectations met: 10/10
      Really happy with the outcome of the vehicle. Great mechanical and physical condition

Timeline:
      10/10 ... 3 Months start to end for the car of my dreams... Deal :D

Pricing: 10/10
      Was priced pretty good and cheaper than the other Evo V's he had at the time and around the time

Interaction with Brian: 10/10
      Very nice guy, hard working and somehow always manages to put his customer first (even before/after a honeymoon)

Other than that I was very happy with Brian.

Here's the car in Japan before I got it.

Picking it up

And now
      Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 11:06 PM by Impact
      1998 Mitsubishi Evolution V GSR - Evo-la

Got a Mitsubishi? Come join Mitsubishi Club of Manitoba (MCM) on Facebook or follow on IG Mitsubishi_Club_of_Manitoba

Top Tier Imports

B-Pro Auto Imports (Brian)
        « Reply #2 on: October 11, 2015, 11:02 PM »