Author Topic: 2010 Mini Cooper Power Window Issue  (Read 301 times)

November 16, 2015, 05:06 PM #0

RyanG74 Offline

• Vehicle: Mini Cooper Hardtop 2010
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • RyanG74 has no influence.
I started having this odd issue with my passenger side power window a few days ago that I've been unable to figure out. It will only go down or up about an inch each time you press the up or down button.If you keep pressing it, it progressively goes up or down almost in steps of one inch at a time. Driver side window is fine.
I've tried following some reset processes I've seen online but it hasn't fixed it. (Including the bang technique....) It would't be that big of a deal except for the fact that when you open the passenger side door, the window opens a bit as usual but when you close the door, the window doesn't close. I know that I'm going to forgot to manually close it one of these days and with winter around the corner, I'm going to end up with a bunch of snow in my car...
I live at the other end of the city from the Mini dealership and if I have to bring it in, I would prefer to find a place in the South East part of the city. I appreciate any suggestions.
Thanks;

Top Tier Imports

2010 Mini Cooper Power Window Issue
    « on: November 16, 2015, 05:06 PM »

November 16, 2015, 09:40 PM #1

Joe Offline

• Vehicle: MR2 Spyder
    • Reputation Power: 42
    • Joe might someday be someone...Joe might someday be someone...Joe might someday be someone...Joe might someday be someone...
    Is there a limit switch? Load switch? Hall sensor? I'd pull the panel and check everything Is aligned and moving freely, and if there are sensors,that they are clean of debris.
    D Street #50 - Slicktop E46 323i
    04' Spyder 1E7 w/LSD - SOLD
    Project "Cookie Monster" - 96 Corolla DX
    http://forums.wscc.mb.ca/index.php?/topic/9745-the-cookie-monster/

Top Tier Imports

2010 Mini Cooper Power Window Issue
      « Reply #1 on: November 16, 2015, 09:40 PM »