Author Topic: photo radar ticket  (Read 2099 times)

December 21, 2015, 02:08 PM #0

tod1d Offline

• Vehicle: 07 Pontiac Grand Prix
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • tod1d has no influence.
I got a photo radar ticket, requested a court date, can someone tell me what to expect when I go to court? what the process is like, any tips on what to say etc. I truly believe I was not speeding hence the court date and if I was then there are two other drivers also caught at the same time besides me.
Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 02:10 PM by tod1d

Top Tier Imports

photo radar ticket
    « on: December 21, 2015, 02:08 PM »

December 21, 2015, 02:13 PM #1

dano Offline

• Vehicle: 2013 Nissan Leaf SL
    • Reputation Power: 88
    • dano is a force to reckon with.dano is a force to reckon with.dano is a force to reckon with.dano is a force to reckon with.dano is a force to reckon with.dano is a force to reckon with.dano is a force to reckon with.dano is a force to reckon with.
    My girlfriend got a photo radar ticket and they scheduled the court date for 2017.
    Current Forester count: 0.5

December 21, 2015, 02:49 PM #2

Nhil Offline

• Vehicle: 2000 Honda S2000
      • Reputation Power: 85
      • Nhil is a force to reckon with.Nhil is a force to reckon with.Nhil is a force to reckon with.Nhil is a force to reckon with.Nhil is a force to reckon with.Nhil is a force to reckon with.Nhil is a force to reckon with.Nhil is a force to reckon with.
      Tell them how you believe your feelings are more accurate than their cameras and lasers. I'm sure they will understand and waive your fine.
      [Mar 02 10:56:01] TwoFourDee:..ever
      [Mar 02 10:55:59] TwoFourDee:nobody quote me on that
      [Mar 02 10:55:56] TwoFourDee:I actually like those rotas

December 21, 2015, 02:53 PM #3

CodyLoewen Offline

• Reputation Power: 40
        • CodyLoewen might someday be someone...CodyLoewen might someday be someone...CodyLoewen might someday be someone...CodyLoewen might someday be someone...
        Originally posted by Nhil
        Tell them how you believe your feelings are more accurate than their cameras and lasers. I'm sure they will understand and waive your fine.

Roasted.

In reality when it comes to photo radar tickets.  A court date 9/10 times will just extend the amount of time you have to pay it.
        1999 Honda Civic

[Feb 22 16:57:22] Shaun:i dont wanna be friends with fence posts 

Faken:if i get this promtion.. i might get a convertible..
        Shaun:a convertible what? pen? yes this pen turns into a coupon holder.

December 21, 2015, 03:09 PM #4

Shaun Offline

• Vehicle: 1998 Civic, 2003 GS430
          • Reputation Power: 353
          • Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!
          Can someone who has experience with the subject provide some insight?

December 21, 2015, 03:40 PM #5

JonnyAE86 Offline

• Vehicle: 84 Corolla, 2011 Ford Escape
            • Reputation Power: 23
            • JonnyAE86 barely matters.JonnyAE86 barely matters.
            I'm speaking from an Alberta perspective, but I know it was very common for my people in Calgary to request the test/calibration log for the camera to ensure it was following the proper protocol/was up to code. If not, many people got lesser fines/had it thrown out.

A friend of mine who is a police officer also told me to make sure the date and time on ticket is accurate. He once got a photo ticket for a time he was on the other end of the city - he proved it by having a receipt with a similar time etc.

If I were you, I'd call the courthouse to confirm protocol/expectations. I'd word it as in you wanting to be respectful of everyone's time and that this is your first experience. Be pragmatic/polite - it will definitely go a long ways.

December 21, 2015, 04:05 PM #6

tytanium Offline

• Vehicle: 07 Mazdaspeed 3, 06 Civic DX-G
              • Reputation Power: 80
              • tytanium is a force to reckon with.tytanium is a force to reckon with.tytanium is a force to reckon with.tytanium is a force to reckon with.tytanium is a force to reckon with.tytanium is a force to reckon with.tytanium is a force to reckon with.tytanium is a force to reckon with.
              what proof would you show up with exactly to show that you weren't speeding? saying "i dont think I was speeding" really isn't going to cut it...
              #boostedhatchcrew

December 21, 2015, 04:11 PM #7

dano Offline

• dano is a force to reckon with.dano is a force to reckon with.dano is a force to reckon with.dano is a force to reckon with.dano is a force to reckon with.dano is a force to reckon with.dano is a force to reckon with.dano is a force to reckon with.
                There are many reasons why someone might need to fight a ticket, no need to pass judgement on someone.

You might have needed to enter a red light intersection because of an emergency vehicle behind you.

Someone might have copied your license plate and been driving around with it.

Sometimes they reduce the fees for compassionate reasons, like first time, student, on the way to a funeral, etc, usually requiring some sort of proof. My in-laws had two funerals (parents / parent-in-law) within I think a couple weeks and hit the same speed trap twice. She had a clean record otherwise and they were able to reduce it.

December 21, 2015, 04:35 PM #8

dolan Offline

• Vehicle: 2000 civic si
                  • Reputation Power: 0
                  • dolan is looked down upon.
                  Step 1: receive ticket.
                  Step 2: pay ticket.
                  Step 3: know you were in the wrong.
                  Step 4: carry on with your life.
                  Dyllan Angelkovski (aka) Dyllan Africa

[Mar 27 22:16:27] Uncle Hugh Myron:i bet PEAVEY MART NOW OPEN has it

December 21, 2015, 08:15 PM #9

tod1d Offline

I remember seeing the flash, looked at my speedo and I was doing 80km/h, thought to myself is this a 60km/h zone, later went through the same intersection and seen it was a 80km/h zone so was like WTF? was accused of doing 93km/h, like mentioned before there were two other vehicles that also were doing the same speed as myself. We all better be getting a ticket, not just me. Yes I will ask for calibration records for the camera.

December 21, 2015, 09:19 PM #10

Madbuzz41 Offline

• Vehicle: Fiat 500 Sport
                      • Reputation Power: 2
                      • Madbuzz41 has no influence.

Originally posted by tod1d
                      I remember seeing the flash, looked at my speedo and I was doing 80km/h, thought to myself is this a 60km/h zone, later went through the same intersection and seen it was a 80km/h zone so was like WTF? was accused of doing 93km/h, like mentioned before there were two other vehicles that also were doing the same speed as myself. We all better be getting a ticket, not just me. Yes I will ask for calibration records for the camera.

I got a photo radar ticket this summer, van was going faster than me and I got a ticket :( said I was doing 62 in a 50.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

December 22, 2015, 09:21 AM #11

Autter Offline

• Reputation Power: 36
                        • Autter is working their way up.Autter is working their way up.Autter is working their way up.
                        I got two tickets in summer of 2014, court date was this fall.

I accidentally went the day before my actual date, fml, so got some insight!

The one I accidentally showed up for, the guy who was handling all the radar tickets that day (waving or deducting fines) wasn't present so they just chucked them all... horse**** imo. Cause I was super stoked and then I realized I wasn't on the list... and still had to come back the next day.

Came back for my proper court date, they handled radar cameras first, went down the line. Majority of the people that go, get their tickets deducted... So completely ignore Dolan and go. Why pay full price when you can get a discount right?
                        To give you an idea of just how forgiving they are, my tickets were back to back in July of 2014, 16 & 17 or 17 & 18, my dog had an allergic reaction and I was across the city.... and everyone on here knows I drove the Kia hard. lmao. Sped through the construction at Scurfield and Kenaston, after the messed up the tickets in end of June.
                        And the other, was doing the same speed as another car - I don't know if that was over or under - but there was a red newer Caravan that whipped past in the third lane. And I got nailed.
                        Despite me still being in probation, they saw that I was a +3 and had no record of any sort with the law, they were pretty forgiving.
                        My $800 total, two tickets, turned into $350 and one got completely dropped.

I had just gone through their system in small claims court and explained I needed a little more time for payment so they gave me until end of Jan in mid September. (I was the claimant, not the defendant, just so I don't look like a pos)
                        You can make payments, but you do have to go downtown every 30 days, you can't call in or pay online - you can drop cheques/money orders off tho, made to the Minister of Finance (I think that's who it was) and drop those off in their cheque box over night.

I used the sympathy card for one ticket and the "I was not speeding, this asshole decided he's gonna go 100 in the bus lane to pass traffic in rush hour" for the other cause he was in the frame.... I'd say I came out victorious.

As per your situation, I'm sure if it's an 80 zone and the other cars got tickets for doing the same speed as you (the limit) they'll be right next to you in the waiting room! So you guys can kind of all band together... once you show up and are sitting waiting, I'd definitely ask if someone got the same ticket at the same light. He's your new ally!
                        But for all you know, the moment you walk into that court room the guy could say "anyone with tickets at this location on this date, come forward, they are being dropped as the camera was out of calibration" and if not, ask for the calibration.

Where was the ticket? If you don't mind me asking!
                        Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 09:23 AM by Autter
                        [Dec 23 10:24:37] Ctown8:i was hanging out with this girl named autumn last night, and i kept calling her autter by accident. she was like what the heck lol

Igor [May 09, 09:58:01 AM]:   silly people, ikea is for furniture not car meets

December 22, 2015, 09:43 AM #12

dolan Offline

• Vehicle: 2000 civic si
                          • Reputation Power: 0
                          • dolan is looked down upon.

Originally posted by Autter
                          I got two ti
                          Why should anyone get rewarded by getting a ticket thrown out for commenting a ticketable offence? You knew you shouldn't be speeding/running red light or what ever else. Would you still be saying you should get off scott free if someone was killed?
                          Dyllan Angelkovski (aka) Dyllan Africa

[Mar 27 22:16:27] Uncle Hugh Myron:i bet PEAVEY MART NOW OPEN has it

December 22, 2015, 09:46 AM #13

Autter Offline

• Autter is working their way up.Autter is working their way up.Autter is working their way up.
                            Originally posted by dolan
                            Why should anyone get rewarded by getting a ticket thrown out for commenting a ticketable offence? You knew you shouldn't be speeding/running red light or what ever else. Would you still be saying you should get off scott free if someone was killed?

LOL okay calm down.
                            Way to be extreme.
                            Get the sand out of your vagina, we all know the ticket system here is a money grab.
                            [Dec 23 10:24:37] Ctown8:i was hanging out with this girl named autumn last night, and i kept calling her autter by accident. she was like what the heck lol

December 22, 2015, 10:13 AM #14

Nirusan Online

• Vehicle: 2013 Ford Focus ST, 2015 Audi S3
                              • Reputation Power: 197
                              • Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!

What? You're telling me if you got a 300 dollar + ticket you wouldn't fight it on the off-chance you get a discount?

It's not about getting a reward. You literally post the same response to everyone asking for knowledge about fighting tickets whether its on Facebook or on TTI and you get lit up every time you do so. Stop being dumb.

To the OP, what @Autter said above is good info. Good luck in your fight.
                              [Sep 03 10:56:42] Faken:I wanna be on autters whorefax... Gonna write her off
                              [Sep 03 11:06:48] Faken:If I stuck my pee pee into 100 girls from africa.. I think it will make a difference if u want to sleep with me.
                              [Oct 15 19:20:41] Adomp:id eat my own ass out than eat famous daves

December 22, 2015, 11:24 AM #15

IanB Offline

• Vehicle: '93 Land Cruiser HDJ81/'99 MB E55t AMG
                                • Reputation Power: 38
                                • IanB is working their way up.IanB is working their way up.IanB is working their way up.

You'd think you're getting a cut or something.  Not every law is right.
                                '93 Land Cruiser HDJ81
                                '99 MB E55t AMG - DD
                                '04 Lexus GX470

December 22, 2015, 01:12 PM #16

5hurlin Offline

• Reputation Power: 5
                                  • 5hurlin has no influence.
                                  I have had 3 radar tickets. 
                                  I fought them all, one was dropped as the time was off by an hour, with my proof of being at work.
                                  The second was a red light in the winter, there was a storm that day so I had it reduced due to poor visibility and in the picture it appeared I was braking.
                                  The last was reduced, on a claim of thinking it was a 60 not 50.
                                  Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 11:09 PM by 5hurlin

December 22, 2015, 04:18 PM #17

Vince Offline

• Vehicle: 2012 Si
                                    • Reputation Power: 160
                                    • Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!
                                    Originally posted by Nirusan
                                    What? You're telling me if you got a 300 dollar + ticket you wouldn't fight it on the off-chance you get a discount?

It's not about getting a reward. You literally post the same response to everyone asking for knowledge about fighting tickets whether its on Facebook or on TTI and you get lit up every time you do so. Stop being dumb.

To the OP, what @Autter said above is good info. Good luck in your fight.

Dolan don't care.

He spares no expense when doing the right thing. That's why his civic build is so fire.
                                    (∩ ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)⊃━☆ ─=≡Σ((( つ◕ل͜◕)つ

[May 23 00:37:52] Sloppyclock:But Moooooom, I was being a street terrorist

December 22, 2015, 06:12 PM #18

Miguel Offline

• Reputation Power: 74
                                      • Miguel has a powerful will.Miguel has a powerful will.Miguel has a powerful will.Miguel has a powerful will.Miguel has a powerful will.Miguel has a powerful will.Miguel has a powerful will.

Lmao that last sentence is so irrelevant to the situations stated above. I got a camera car ticket on Meadowood in front of the school during the summer, at 9:30 as a 62/50. I thought that it was 60 all the way down but now I know that wasn't the case. I do regret not fighting it since I wasn't driving dangerously and would of most likely gotten a smaller fine. Best of luck OP with the fight!
                                      #DRIVEN2017 #IMPORTSOMETHING2017      

[Mar 13 11:28:02] Shaun:ur gonna play 20 questions with me like that oil cap arent u

December 22, 2015, 07:19 PM #19

omaid Offline

• Vehicle: GC STI chevy tahoe
                                        • Reputation Power: 37
                                        • omaid is working their way up.omaid is working their way up.omaid is working their way up.
                                        Can't do anything pay it
                                        1996 GC STI for sale
                                        1997 GC STI for sale
                                        2009 chevy tahoe for sale
                                        GC GF parts for sale

December 22, 2015, 07:34 PM #20

tod1d Offline

@Autter

Thanks for the good info

It was the west bound River rd/Bishop Grandin intersection

December 22, 2015, 09:32 PM #21

dano Offline

Originally posted by omaid
                                            Can't do anything pay it
                                            Omg Dolan 2.0

December 22, 2015, 09:41 PM #22

Zantar the Mighty Offline

• Vehicle: Z32
                                              • Reputation Power: 4
                                              • Zantar the Mighty has no influence.
                                              Step 1: receive ticket.
                                              Step 1.5: request trial
                                              Step 1.75: do something better then the gov with your money for 1.5 to 2 years
                                              Step 2 option 1:  don't show up and hope the officer does the same. Keep your money
                                              Step 2 option 2: don't show, lose when office shows up, pay ticket
                                              Step 3: know you were in the wrong.
                                              Step 4: carry on with your life.

Better list
                                              Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 09:42 PM by Zantar the Mighty

December 22, 2015, 11:43 PM #23

Nhil Offline

• Vehicle: 2000 Honda S2000
                                                • Reputation Power: 85
                                                • Nhil is a force to reckon with.Nhil is a force to reckon with.Nhil is a force to reckon with.Nhil is a force to reckon with.Nhil is a force to reckon with.Nhil is a force to reckon with.Nhil is a force to reckon with.Nhil is a force to reckon with.
                                                Originally posted by Zantar the Mighty
                                                Better list

You forgot the whine on a forum step
                                                [Mar 02 10:56:01] TwoFourDee:..ever
                                                [Mar 02 10:55:59] TwoFourDee:nobody quote me on that
                                                [Mar 02 10:55:56] TwoFourDee:I actually like those rotas

December 23, 2015, 08:51 AM #24

Autter Offline

Originally posted by Zantar the Mighty
                                                  Better list

:lol:

Originally posted by tod1d
                                                  @Autter

Thanks for the good info

It was the west bound River rd/Bishop Grandin intersection
                                                  Just drove down bishop on Google maps to double check speed, and I do only see 80 so weird... definitely go and fight it.

Top Tier Imports

photo radar ticket
                                                    « Reply #24 on: December 23, 2015, 08:51 AM »