Author Topic: Wekfest Chicago Road Trip - April 24th  (Read 3255 times)

February 24, 2016, 10:33 PM #25

ncrashb Offline

• Vehicle: 2013 Genesis Coupe 2.0T R-Spec
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • ncrashb has no influence.
So tempting. Even more tempting to drive the genesis out. Hmmmmm

Top Tier Imports

Wekfest Chicago Road Trip - April 24th
    « Reply #25 on: February 24, 2016, 10:33 PM »

February 25, 2016, 10:26 AM #26

ncrashb Offline

• Vehicle: 2013 Genesis Coupe 2.0T R-Spec
    • Reputation Power: 5
    • ncrashb has no influence.
    Grayson and I are in. Driving in Gray's fozzy most likely.

March 04, 2016, 08:44 AM #27

Winter Beater Offline

• Vehicle: 03 350Z Track Edition, 05 4 Runner, 98 GMC Shitbox
      • Reputation Power: 95
      • Winter Beater has great potential!Winter Beater has great potential!Winter Beater has great potential!Winter Beater has great potential!Winter Beater has great potential!Winter Beater has great potential!Winter Beater has great potential!Winter Beater has great potential!Winter Beater has great potential!
      Updated the list. We've now got 8 people going.

March 05, 2016, 02:35 PM #28

Alex2NF Offline

• Vehicle: 2013 Subaru BRZ - 2004 Toyota 4Runner
        • Reputation Power: 234
        • Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!
        The hotel is very fancy
        13 Boosted Subaru BRZ
        04 Toyota 4Runner V6 Sport
        ∞ Toyota Echo Race Car
        98 Acura Integra Race Car 2
        IG: @alexdbrz / Twitter: @ToyotaWinnipeg / Snap: OilMyPencil

March 15, 2016, 09:58 AM #29

Alex2NF Offline

• Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!
          5 weeks to go fuaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaak
          13 Boosted Subaru BRZ
          ∞ Toyota Echo Race Car

March 28, 2016, 09:13 AM #30

Winter Beater Offline

• Vehicle: 03 350Z Track Edition, 05 4 Runner, 98 GMC Shitbox
            • Reputation Power: 95
            • Winter Beater has great potential!Winter Beater has great potential!Winter Beater has great potential!Winter Beater has great potential!Winter Beater has great potential!Winter Beater has great potential!Winter Beater has great potential!Winter Beater has great potential!Winter Beater has great potential!
            Unfortunately due to some scheduling conflicts I have to bail on this :(

If anybody else wants to go, there are two spots available with a few other Winnipeg guys in a nice house rented in Chicago. The cost is only $290 CAD for the entire trip!

Let me know ASAP if you want my two spots in the house.

April 28, 2016, 10:57 AM #31

Alex2NF Offline

What an unbelievable event. If this happens again in Chicago, I would HIGHLY recommend it. The quality of cars is absolutely mindblowing.

My favorite part of the show was the pre-show contestant meeting. Here is the coles notes version of what Junior from Wekfest said to the crowd lmao:

-If you only have a widebody kit and 3 pieces wheels, but go on instagram to tell everyone how you're KILLING THE GAME, you're not winning an award. You're not killing the game.
              -If you have EVERY spoon part in the catalogue but your car doesn't look good, you're not winning an award
              -For all the trophy chasers out there, there are no score cards. If we like your car and it has style, you win an award

It was probably the greatest thing I've ever heard at a car show lol.
              13 Boosted Subaru BRZ
              ∞ Toyota Echo Race Car

April 28, 2016, 11:09 AM #32

Riley Offline

• Vehicle: '15 Fiesta ST
                • Reputation Power: 128
                • Riley is awe-inspiring!Riley is awe-inspiring!Riley is awe-inspiring!Riley is awe-inspiring!Riley is awe-inspiring!Riley is awe-inspiring!Riley is awe-inspiring!Riley is awe-inspiring!Riley is awe-inspiring!Riley is awe-inspiring!Riley is awe-inspiring!Riley is awe-inspiring!
                Originally posted by Alex2NF
                What an unbelievable event. If this happens again in Chicago, I would HIGHLY recommend it. The quality of cars is absolutely mindblowing.

My favorite part of the show was the pre-show contestant meeting. Here is the coles notes version of what Junior from Wekfest said to the crowd lmao:

-If you only have a widebody kit and 3 pieces wheels, but go on instagram to tell everyone how you're KILLING THE GAME, you're not winning an award. You're not killing the game.
                -If you have EVERY spoon part in the catalogue but your car doesn't look good, you're not winning an award
                -For all the trophy chasers out there, there are no score cards. If we like your car and it has style, you win an award

So what you're saying is, you're killing the game?
                #keepingitstock

April 28, 2016, 11:25 AM #33

Alex2NF Offline

Originally posted by Riley
                  So what you're saying is, you're killing the game?

My wheels are 2 piece :)
                  13 Boosted Subaru BRZ
                  ∞ Toyota Echo Race Car

April 28, 2016, 11:46 AM #34

COLE Offline

• Vehicle: 2015 Scion tC, 2002 Mazda Miata
                    • Reputation Power: 24
                    • COLE barely matters.COLE barely matters.
                    lol
                    Originally posted by Alex2NF

I actually recorded it lmao - don't mind the random footage, I was holding it next to me cause I was recording just for a sound clip of the announcer saying "welcome to wekfest" for my vid

Top Tier Imports

Wekfest Chicago Road Trip - April 24th
                      « Reply #34 on: April 28, 2016, 11:46 AM »