Author Topic: SOLD: Colin's 92 Turbo Legacy  (Read 3681 times)

January 25, 2016, 03:59 PM #50

Madbuzz41 Offline

• Vehicle: Fiat 500 Sport
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Madbuzz41 has no influence.

Originally posted by Colby
If you want to get real crazy, there are two Petro stations (keewatin and st marys) that offer Ultra 94. The RON of this is 101.5... I may have to try it out

Went hunting for that gas today. The keewatin one only has 91 nothing saying ultra or 94

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Tier Imports

Colin's 92 Turbo Legacy
    « Reply #50 on: January 25, 2016, 03:59 PM »

January 25, 2016, 04:01 PM #51

Colby Offline

• Vehicle: 2014 FXT Limited w/Tech
    • Reputation Power: 125
    • Colby is awe-inspiring!Colby is awe-inspiring!Colby is awe-inspiring!Colby is awe-inspiring!Colby is awe-inspiring!Colby is awe-inspiring!Colby is awe-inspiring!Colby is awe-inspiring!Colby is awe-inspiring!Colby is awe-inspiring!Colby is awe-inspiring!Colby is awe-inspiring!

Originally posted by omaid
    Yes
    Unfortunatly the twin turbo won't fit in a LHD. The secondary turbo is where the steering rack and linkage all goes. I have heard of people doing it but it needs massive modifications. Plus there is a ton of lag with two compared to one. Big Single is the way to go

'14 FXT Limited w/Way to Much Tech
    '94 Subaru Legacy RS TT - SOLD

https://www.flickr.com/colbyspence/
    IG: colby_spence
    Snap: cspence47

January 25, 2016, 04:39 PM #52

Ctown8 Offline

• Vehicle: 2001 Forester STI 2000 Celica
      • Reputation Power: 120
      • Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!
      Originally posted by Colby
      Unfortunatly the twin turbo won't fit in a LHD. The secondary turbo is where the steering rack and linkage all goes. I have heard of people doing it but it needs massive modifications. Plus there is a ton of lag with two compared to one. Big Single is the way to go

Yea it is ;)
      BAASSSSSSS
      I work at Brian Reimer Audio on St. Marys, come in for some good deals, ask for Colin.
      My Motto: Love thy neighbors sick nasty whip like u love thy selves dirt nasty swag machine!
      Dont mod your cars kids. its not worth it.

January 25, 2016, 04:39 PM #53

Ctown8 Offline

• Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!
        Originally posted by Madbuzz41
        Went hunting for that gas today. The keewatin one only has 91 nothing saying ultra or 94

The one beside Brian Reimer Audio has 94.
        BAASSSSSSS
        I work at Brian Reimer Audio on St. Marys, come in for some good deals, ask for Colin.
        My Motto: Love thy neighbors sick nasty whip like u love thy selves dirt nasty swag machine!

January 25, 2016, 04:40 PM #54

Madbuzz41 Offline

• Vehicle: Fiat 500 Sport
          • Reputation Power: 10
          • Madbuzz41 has no influence.

Originally posted by Ctown8
          The one beside Brian Reimer Audio has 94.

Is it that ultra 94 which is 101 Ron or is it regular 94 which is 98 Ron

January 28, 2016, 02:30 PM #55

Ctown8 Offline

Originally posted by Madbuzz41
            Is it that ultra 94 which is 101 Ron or is it regular 94 which is 98 Ron

I dont know, how do you tell? It just says 94?
            BAASSSSSSS

February 05, 2016, 03:55 PM #56

Ctown8 Offline

So I've been using this Husky 94 for the last few tanks, no noticeable difference in performance, but that's not what this post is about.

Had an interesting experience today driving to work.

I was driving on the perimeter as I always do and I went to pass a truck that was going a few k less than I wanted to go. So I changed lanes, and decided to stay in fifth and just pass him slowly, no need to downshift. As I was passing him the boost kicked in. The best way I can describe it was like a unicorn farted right inside my turbo and BAM! Suddenly the car took off! I let off the gas a bit because I had no need to go 88mph, but the second the boost hit I looked down at my boost gauge to see what was up, and it was at 14psi which is target boost, and it felt incredible, none of that 5psi crap I've been dealing with.

I continued my drive to work and the car felt pretty normal for the rest of the drive, I didn't push it though because traffic was awful inside the city.

I will update tomorrow after my drive home. I've ordered a new knock sensor since they are common to fail and cause limp mode when its not really needed.

If anyone has insight on what might be happening please feel free to reply.

I'm lost for words, but I want that boost I felt today, but all the time.
              BAASSSSSSS

February 06, 2016, 10:36 AM #57

Darkness Offline

• Vehicle: 1988 Nissan 300zx
                • Reputation Power: 6
                • Darkness has no influence.
                I'm not sure what is causing your problem, but you should be careful hitting boost without downshifting to a proper gear. The drive train resistance from being in too high of gear works against the high combustion pressure and can lead to all kinds of failures.

February 06, 2016, 10:44 AM #58

Ctown8 Offline

Originally posted by Darkness
                  I'm not sure what is causing your problem, but you should be careful hitting boost without downshifting to a proper gear. The drive train resistance from being in too high of gear works against the high combustion pressure and can lead to all kinds of failures.
                  I didnt intend to boost at all, just happened. Normally it would have gone to maybe 1 or 2 psi when accelerating the amount that I wanted, but it seemed like it "jumped"out of limp mode or something sealed that wasnt sealed before and all of a sudden turbo noises, turbo noises and boost everywhere!
                  BAASSSSSSS

March 09, 2016, 09:30 AM #59

Ctown8 Offline

Polished the headlights last night. I was tired of not being able to see at night, hopefully it actually helps!
                    BAASSSSSSS

March 09, 2016, 09:54 AM #60

Stoyka Offline

• Vehicle: 97' STI-R coupe/81 VW Pickup
                      • Reputation Power: 16
                      • Stoyka has no influence.
                      Have you ruled out that your wastegate isnt sticking or hanging up somehow? or that the vacuum lines to the waste gate arent cracked, split, kinked or anything like that. If you have the factory boost controller, change it out for a manual controller and see if that helps
                      "I used to play COD on Xbox till I found out how many 12 year olds were fu**king my mom...and there were alot"

March 09, 2016, 10:04 AM #61

Ctown8 Offline

Originally posted by Stoyka
                        Have you ruled out that your wastegate isnt sticking or hanging up somehow? or that the vacuum lines to the waste gate arent cracked, split, kinked or anything like that. If you have the factory boost controller, change it out for a manual controller and see if that helps
                        This is a bit of a bad idea imo, I'm not sure if the wastegate is staying stuck open somehow, but it feels like its seated fine when I push on it. I'm pretty certain that the oem boost controller is limiting me, but i also think its because the car is in limp mode, so if i run a manual boost controller, that could be bad for the car! i have one and its very tempting though.
                        BAASSSSSSS

March 09, 2016, 10:51 AM #62

Stoyka Offline

• Vehicle: 97' STI-R coupe/81 VW Pickup
                          • Reputation Power: 16
                          • Stoyka has no influence.
                          Im doubtful your car is in limp mode if it runs and drives fine besides a strange fluctuation of boost pressure. Ask any subaru guy, a vacuum leak will **** your whole day up. Before you assume something major/complicated is wrong, cover all the bases is all im suggesting.
                          "I used to play COD on Xbox till I found out how many 12 year olds were fu**king my mom...and there were alot"

March 09, 2016, 10:59 AM #63

Ctown8 Offline

Originally posted by Stoyka
                            Im doubtful your car is in limp mode if it runs and drives fine besides a strange fluctuation of boost pressure. Ask any subaru guy, a vacuum leak will **** your whole day up. Before you assume something major/complicated is wrong, cover all the bases is all im suggesting.
                            The vacuum lines look good and feel decent but I'm not 100% sure, if there was a vacuum leak, wouldn't it be there all the time though? There have been times I've gone for a couple weeks of perfect, followed by a week of 5psi.
                            BAASSSSSSS

April 15, 2016, 11:00 AM #64

Ctown8 Offline

Well my boost issue still continues to baffle me. Went almost a month without proper boost. then all of a sudden, shes been running great for the last week! Since the snow is melted I decided instead of wasting away my winters, I would put the wheels from the celica on! Ordered lugs and adapter rings, got them yesterday so I put the wheels on, I'm very happy with how they fit!
                              Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 11:05 AM by Ctown8
                              BAASSSSSSS

April 15, 2016, 09:11 PM #65

daveh Offline

• Vehicle: Subaru
                                • Reputation Power: 3
                                • daveh has no influence.
                                Have you tested the boost solenoid? I've seen coolant temp sensors cause funny problems too, maybe check it and the wiring, even if the temp gauge seems to work.  I have a complete ej22t and harness with sensors if you want to try swapping some.

April 16, 2016, 09:26 AM #66

Ctown8 Offline

Originally posted by daveh
                                  Have you tested the boost solenoid? I've seen coolant temp sensors cause funny problems too, maybe check it and the wiring, even if the temp gauge seems to work.  I have a complete ej22t and harness with sensors if you want to try swapping some.
                                  That would be awesome! Ive heard coolant sensors can cause funny stuff, as well as over active knock sensors.
                                  BAASSSSSSS

May 07, 2016, 12:35 PM #67

Ctown8 Offline

Buddy from work found this on Kijiji and bought it for me!
                                    BAASSSSSSS

December 23, 2016, 02:20 PM #68

Ctown8 Offline

Well, Legacy has gone to a new home, but its a good home.

New owner is a friend of mine, sold it to him with all the parts I had accumulated for it, told him everything that needed to be done and he did it all. Cars running better than it had for a while, turns out it was the coolant sensor.

Heres a pic he sent me. This will be the last update.
                                      BAASSSSSSS

Top Tier Imports

Colin's 92 Turbo Legacy
                                        « Reply #68 on: December 23, 2016, 02:20 PM »