Author Topic: WSCC Ice Racing Event #2 (1 was cancelled) - January 23/24th @ Mazenod  (Read 1735 times)

January 12, 2016, 05:18 PM #0

Alex2NF Offline

• Vehicle: 2013 Subaru BRZ - 2004 Toyota 4Runner
  • Reputation Power: 234
  • Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!
Where: Mazenod Road Pond (Turn onto Mazenod off of Dugald, you can't miss it)
DATE: January 23/24
TIME: Qualifying: Sat @ 2pm - Racing: Sunday @ Noon
CLICK 4 MAP >>>> MAP

Race 1 was cancelled due to mild weather, but I don't think we'll have that problem moving forward! I'm hoping a bunch of TTI members will come out and watch. 2015 was an awesome year, and I'm hoping 2016 is even better. The racing is extremely entertaining, and the Echo Racecar will be running with the big boys on studs. I can't wait!

Come say hi in the pits, or watch from your car in the area surrounding the pond!

Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 05:20 PM by alexatwork21
13 Boosted Subaru BRZ
04 Toyota 4Runner V6 Sport
∞ Toyota Echo Race Car
98 Acura Integra Race Car 2
IG: @alexdbrz / Twitter: @ToyotaWinnipeg / Snap: OilMyPencil

Top Tier Imports

January 12, 2016, 10:49 PM #1

Colby Offline

• Vehicle: 2014 FXT Limited w/Tech
    • Reputation Power: 128
    • Colby is awe-inspiring!Colby is awe-inspiring!Colby is awe-inspiring!Colby is awe-inspiring!Colby is awe-inspiring!Colby is awe-inspiring!Colby is awe-inspiring!Colby is awe-inspiring!Colby is awe-inspiring!Colby is awe-inspiring!Colby is awe-inspiring!Colby is awe-inspiring!

Originally posted by alexatwork21
    Where: Mazenod Road Pond (Turn onto Mazenod off of Dugald, you can't miss it)
    DATE: January 23/24
    TIME: Qualifying: Sat @ 2pm - Racing: Sunday @ Noon
    CLICK 4 MAP >>>> MAP

Race 1 was cancelled due to mild weather, but I don't think we'll have that problem moving forward! I'm hoping a bunch of TTI members will come out and watch. 2015 was an awesome year, and I'm hoping 2016 is even better. The racing is extremely entertaining, and the Echo Racecar will be running with the big boys on studs. I can't wait!

Come say hi in the pits, or watch from your car in the area surrounding the pond!
    I'm in on Sunday for photos. You better race well... Or else

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    '14 FXT Limited w/Way to Much Tech
    '94 Subaru Legacy RS TT - SOLD

https://www.flickr.com/colbyspence/
    IG: colby_spence
    Snap: cspence47

January 12, 2016, 11:01 PM #2

Alex2NF Offline

• Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!

Originally posted by Colby
      I'm in on Sunday for photos. You better race well... Or else

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol I honestly have no idea how competitive the echo will be
      13 Boosted Subaru BRZ
      ∞ Toyota Echo Race Car

January 19, 2016, 09:19 AM #3

Alex2NF Offline

BUMP! Racing this weekend. Soundsd like a hand full of TTI peeps are coming out. Weather is gonna be warm!
        13 Boosted Subaru BRZ
        ∞ Toyota Echo Race Car

January 23, 2016, 11:07 PM #4

Colby Offline

• Colby is awe-inspiring!Colby is awe-inspiring!Colby is awe-inspiring!Colby is awe-inspiring!Colby is awe-inspiring!Colby is awe-inspiring!Colby is awe-inspiring!Colby is awe-inspiring!Colby is awe-inspiring!Colby is awe-inspiring!Colby is awe-inspiring!Colby is awe-inspiring!
          how did qualifying go? @Alex2NF
          Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 11:11 PM by Colby

January 24, 2016, 10:21 AM #5

Magner Offline

• Vehicle: Neons
            • Reputation Power: 74
            • Magner has a powerful will.Magner has a powerful will.Magner has a powerful will.Magner has a powerful will.Magner has a powerful will.Magner has a powerful will.Magner has a powerful will.

January 24, 2016, 08:14 PM #6

Alex2NF Offline

Sorry, just saw this!

Update for those that didn't go:

Practice video:

Out of the 6 races, I drove for the first 3. I ended up placing 2nd 2nd and 3rd. Race #3 for EPIC!!! I'm uploading a helmet cam vid of it right now. In hindsight, I didn't realize how bad the visibility was, and I was extremely lucky to not make contact. Someone slid into me HARD on the last lap, which you'll see.

For race 4, I turned it over to a former coworker who co-drove for me a few times last year but his luck wasn't so good. While passing lapped traffic, a few cars bunched up at the end of the straight away (90-100kmh area). Someone went sideways in the off area and caused a giant snow cloud that reduced visibility to zero. The echo was following a Civic into the corner, and unfortunately followed him right into a snowbank. The civic plowed into the bank and the echo plowed into the back of the civic. It was an offset impact for the echo on it's front 1/4, but unfortunately the Civic did not have a rear bumper and took the echo dead center. The echo's bumper and bumper extensions were bent into the tire, the hood crumpled up, the fender destroyed, and the headlight disintegrated. The impact was so hard that the battery was even hit. Fortunately, people in the pits swarmed to help get the echo running again lol. Literally, within 30 minutes, the echo looked like a pirate with an eyepatch, but was ready to go. One of my race buddies dad is a bodyshop guy, so he had all kinds of weird ass tools to bend the echo back into shape. I'll post some pics as they become available.
            13 Boosted Subaru BRZ
            ∞ Toyota Echo Race Car

January 24, 2016, 08:17 PM #7

Alex2NF Offline

The aftermath lol. It's actually much worse in person. The headlight exploded... lens, housing, everything. This was after it was repaired.

Thanks for those that came out, I'm sure it was entertaining. And thanks to @Colby for taking pics. I can't wait to see em
              Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 09:39 PM by Alex2NF
              13 Boosted Subaru BRZ
              ∞ Toyota Echo Race Car

January 24, 2016, 10:03 PM #8

Meboosta Offline

• Vehicle: WRX
                • Reputation Power: 10
                • Meboosta has no influence.
                That looks like a ton of fun!. Would love to set up a car for this!

January 24, 2016, 10:11 PM #9

Colby Offline

At the request of the other team I have left out the accidents' photos. More to come on the WSCC boards, ill link up everything later in the week

750_1331.jpg by Colby Spence, on Flickr
                  Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 09:27 AM by Colby

January 26, 2016, 09:28 AM #10

Colby Offline

Here is the link to the full days album - https://flic.kr/s/aHsktk1xeP

Top Tier Imports

WSCC Ice Racing Event #2 (1 was cancelled) - January 23/24th @ Mazenod
                      « Reply #10 on: January 26, 2016, 09:28 AM »