Author Topic: World Of Wheels 2016 - Mar 18-20  (Read 3740 times)

January 16, 2016, 01:31 PM #0

Winter Beater Offline

• Vehicle: 03 350Z Track Edition, 05 4 Runner, 98 GMC Shitbox
  • Reputation Power: 95
  • Winter Beater has great potential!Winter Beater has great potential!Winter Beater has great potential!Winter Beater has great potential!Winter Beater has great potential!Winter Beater has great potential!Winter Beater has great potential!Winter Beater has great potential!Winter Beater has great potential!
Quick update: I talked to Bob tonight and the show is just about full. They've actually increased the car count and floor size even bigger than planned. There is still room for a few more cars, so if you've got something top notch please let me know so I can get you in touch with the organizers.

Hi folks,

I'll try to keep this short,

A couple weeks ago I met with Bob Chubala, Chairman of Winnipeg World of Wheels and formerly President of MAAC (Manitoba Association of Auto Clubs).

Bob and I talked about this years World of Wheels show, as well as Winnipeg's ever growing tuner/import/sport compact scene/whatever you want to call it.

This year the World of Wheels show will be twice the size of previous years. The older generation of car enthusiasts realize that we are the future of the car scene in this province and they are very welcoming to having us play a more active part in shows, events, etc.

With that said, they are very welcome to having a decent amount of tuner cars present at World of Wheels this year.

The intent here is to get people together and promote in a positive light the huge tuner/import/sport compact scene in this province as well as give us positive exposure to the older generation of car enthusiasts and to the general public. It would be great for us engage people who may be interested but may not know about the many positive, organized and safe events put on throughout the summer.

We are looking for a good to have a good representation of the local tuner community and not necessarily just show cars. I would love to see some show cars, some clean unique drivers, some drag, some drift, some autox, some new, some old, etc. A good, full representation of what we all love.

Anyways, I don't know everybody and every car in this city. If you feel your car may fit in, or you know someone with a car who you think may be a good fit to display at the show please post here, or let me know and I will get in touch with them!

Thanks,

Al
Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 07:58 PM by Winter Beater

Top Tier Imports

World Of Wheels 2016 - Mar 18-20
    « on: January 16, 2016, 01:31 PM »

January 16, 2016, 01:44 PM #1

Winter Beater Offline

• Winter Beater has great potential!Winter Beater has great potential!Winter Beater has great potential!Winter Beater has great potential!Winter Beater has great potential!Winter Beater has great potential!Winter Beater has great potential!Winter Beater has great potential!Winter Beater has great potential!
    @RAHACHI I think your car would be a good fit

January 16, 2016, 01:47 PM #2

Winter Beater Offline

@JonnyAE86 I'm thinking of your car too!
      @pjcarey Your car is a clean representation of a classic tuner too!
      @GonzoDrift Bring a couple drift cars!

January 16, 2016, 01:54 PM #3

Winter Beater Offline

@Kingrx7 Bring the beast to Winnipeg!
        @John You too!
        @marklinag_ You too!
        Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 01:59 PM by Winter Beater

January 16, 2016, 03:54 PM #4

tytanium Offline

• Vehicle: 2017 Hyundai Tucson 1.6T SE
          • Reputation Power: 87
          • tytanium is a force to reckon with.tytanium is a force to reckon with.tytanium is a force to reckon with.tytanium is a force to reckon with.tytanium is a force to reckon with.tytanium is a force to reckon with.tytanium is a force to reckon with.tytanium is a force to reckon with.
          former member of the #boostedhatchcrew

January 16, 2016, 04:08 PM #5

Alex2NF Offline

• Vehicle: 2013 Subaru BRZ - 2004 Toyota 4Runner
            • Reputation Power: 234
            • Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!
            Originally posted by tytanium
            @Nirusan @Alex2NF

The problem with ordering custom spec wheels is how long it takes to get them :(

ETA not looking good for WOW
            13 Boosted Subaru BRZ
            04 Toyota 4Runner V6 Sport
            ∞ Toyota Echo Race Car
            98 Acura Integra Race Car 2
            IG: @alexdbrz / Twitter: @ToyotaWinnipeg / Snap: OilMyPencil

January 16, 2016, 05:48 PM #6

Nirusan Offline

• Vehicle: 2017 BMW M2, 2015 Audi S3
              • Reputation Power: 217
              • Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!
              Originally posted by tytanium
              @Nirusan @Alex2NF

Car most likely won't be done for WOW - also domestic crew checking in haha.
              [Sep 03 10:56:42] Faken:I wanna be on autters whorefax... Gonna write her off
              [Sep 03 11:06:48] Faken:If I stuck my pee pee into 100 girls from africa.. I think it will make a difference if u want to sleep with me.
              [Oct 15 19:20:41] Adomp:id eat my own ass out than eat famous daves

January 16, 2016, 10:32 PM #7

John Offline

• Vehicle: 04 civic, 09 STi
                • Reputation Power: 101
                • John has an aura about them.John has an aura about them.John has an aura about them.John has an aura about them.John has an aura about them.John has an aura about them.John has an aura about them.John has an aura about them.John has an aura about them.John has an aura about them.
                Originally posted by Winter Beater
                @Kingrx7 Bring the beast to Winnipeg!
                @John You too!
                @marklinag_ You too!

sorry, car won't be done in time
                subies ftw!

[Dec 04 11:42:55] Shaun:i tried using nav to get to dan's logic but i got lost
                [Dec 05 21:53:59] Uncle Hugh Myron:I dunno but an easy way to kill Dan would be shutting down mcdonalds for 24 hours

January 17, 2016, 10:53 AM #8

Winter Beater Offline

Originally posted by Nirusan
                  Car most likely won't be done for WOW - also domestic crew checking in haha.

Oh come on, you can get it done by then.

Originally posted by John
                  sorry, car won't be done in time

Your car is already done enough..

January 17, 2016, 07:36 PM #9

JonnyAE86 Offline

• Vehicle: 84 Corolla, 2011 Ford Escape
                    • Reputation Power: 24
                    • JonnyAE86 barely matters.JonnyAE86 barely matters.
                    I am definitely in, thanks for thinking of me! I am really looking forward to it. Though, I may need to step up my wheel game.

January 18, 2016, 09:15 AM #10

Winter Beater Offline

Originally posted by JonnyAE86
                      I am definitely in, thanks for thinking of me! I am really looking forward to it. Though, I may need to step up my wheel game.

Awesome! Sent you a PM.

January 18, 2016, 02:02 PM #11

Faken Offline

• Vehicle: 2008 Honda Fit
                        • Reputation Power: 141
                        • Faken is awe-inspiring!Faken is awe-inspiring!Faken is awe-inspiring!Faken is awe-inspiring!Faken is awe-inspiring!Faken is awe-inspiring!Faken is awe-inspiring!Faken is awe-inspiring!Faken is awe-inspiring!Faken is awe-inspiring!Faken is awe-inspiring!Faken is awe-inspiring!
                        How much are tix
                        http://www.flickr.com/photos/kenau/
                        All photos that are taken by me can be used for whatever you want!

"I love Honda's because I started with Honda's" - Ryan Basseri

Ken

[Mar 26 13:45:26] Igor:hearts before parts

January 18, 2016, 02:24 PM #12

Winter Beater Offline

Originally posted by Faken
                          How much are tix

If you can pass for a child between the ages of 3-12 and you purchase from Piston Ring you can get in for $3.00.

More info here: https://autorama.com/attend-show-2/mar-14-16-winnipeg-mb/

January 18, 2016, 05:32 PM #13

cluelessk Offline

• Vehicle: 2008 Cobalt SS
                            • Reputation Power: 20
                            • cluelessk barely matters.cluelessk barely matters.
                            Do you know if the show will be much different than years past? Seems like it doesn't change/ get better.
                            [Mar 23 12:14:28] Anne Gus:nah clueless is right

January 18, 2016, 07:29 PM #14

Igor Offline

• Vehicle: 2014 Subaru WRX STI Sport Tech
                              • Reputation Power: 247
                              • Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!

Originally posted by cluelessk
                              Do you know if the show will be much different than years past? Seems like it doesn't change/ get better.

Aside from some budget imports with stickers i don't think it will be any different.
                              2000 Acura Integra GSR - Sold
                              2014 Subaru WRX STI Sport Tech

January 18, 2016, 07:32 PM #15

dolan Offline

• Vehicle: 2000 civic si
                                • Reputation Power: 0
                                • dolan is looked down upon.
                                As per an email I was forwarded from the man who set WoW up.

All Classic Vehicle, Motorcycle Enthusiasts,Clubs,

I would kike to wish all a Happy New Year. As January is quickly upon us....it is time to start thinking about car shows! Yup....before long the 2016 Piston Ring World of Wheels/Harley-Davidson Winnipeg Cyclerama will be here.This years event will be special...the Grand Opening of the newly expanded RBC Convention Centre March 18-20th. This year the show will grow to over 100,000 square feet. To kick off this years show, Danny Koker of Counting Cars is returning with his band..Counts 77 to perform a Kick Off 90 minute concert Friday evening.
                                This years show will feature 4-5 special displays....Beetlemania, Barn Find, Color Me Gone, The Fire Pit, and a 60th Anniversary of the 1956 Chevrolet! For more details on each display, see attachment below. There will be many other surprise displays and vehicles from all over Manitoba, Western Canada and the Upper Midwest US. Along with all the special displays...we want to feature your vehicle/motorcycle. With the available space....we want to feature as many quality builds that Manitoba has to offer. Register today....attached is both Car/Truck and Motorcycle application forms.If you have any questions, feel free to email me here..or call me at 1-204-668-7464. Thank you,please pass this email along to friends. I look forward to seeing you in March.
                                Dyllan Angelkovski (aka) Dyllan Africa

[Mar 27 22:16:27] Uncle Hugh Myron:i bet PEAVEY MART NOW OPEN has it

January 19, 2016, 09:04 AM #16

Winter Beater Offline

It will be twice the size of previous years, and almost 300 cars this year. I was told there will be several never seen before cars both locally and from the states.

Originally posted by Igor
                                  Aside from some budget imports with stickers i don't think it will be any different.

Cool, thanks for the support!  :unamused:

There are more than a few of World of Wheels caliber imports in this city that have quite are quite a bit more than just 'budget imports with stickers'.

January 19, 2016, 09:20 AM #17

pjcarey Offline

• Vehicle: 1983 toyota supra gts 2009 Kia rio5
                                    • Reputation Power: 55
                                    • pjcarey is on the verge of being accepted.pjcarey is on the verge of being accepted.pjcarey is on the verge of being accepted.pjcarey is on the verge of being accepted.pjcarey is on the verge of being accepted.
                                    I've got the registration form on my desk. filled out. just gotta get quotes from Geoff now. If its not to expensive to tow the car there and back I'll do it.
                                    [Feb 23 16:03:56] Dan:gotta laugh it off, can't take shiz seriously

Link to my supra album all photos taken and edited by Colby Spence (@BD5)  https://www.flickr.com/photos/colbyspence/sets/72157647259073436/

January 19, 2016, 09:29 AM #18

Igor Offline

• Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!

There are more than a few of World of Wheels caliber imports in this city that have quite are quite a bit more than just 'budget imports with stickers'.

That may be true but filling it in with other cars that only have coils, wheels, and some stickers doesn't make me want to pay $20 to come "support". Not sure how that is any different than going to a meet.

January 19, 2016, 09:51 AM #19

Faken Offline

• Vehicle: 2008 Honda Fit
                                        • Reputation Power: 141
                                        • Faken is awe-inspiring!Faken is awe-inspiring!Faken is awe-inspiring!Faken is awe-inspiring!Faken is awe-inspiring!Faken is awe-inspiring!Faken is awe-inspiring!Faken is awe-inspiring!Faken is awe-inspiring!Faken is awe-inspiring!Faken is awe-inspiring!Faken is awe-inspiring!
                                        Originally posted by dolan
                                        As per an email I was forwarded from the man who set WoW up.

All Classic Vehicle, Motorcycle Enthusiasts,Clubs,

I would kike to wish all a Happy New Year. As January is quickly upon us....it is time to start thinking about car shows! Yup....before long the 2016 Piston Ring World of Wheels/Harley-Davidson Winnipeg Cyclerama will be here.This years event will be special...the Grand Opening of the newly expanded RBC Convention Centre March 18-20th. This year the show will grow to over 100,000 square feet. To kick off this years show, Danny Koker of Counting Cars is returning with his band..Counts 77 to perform a Kick Off 90 minute concert Friday evening.
                                        This years show will feature 4-5 special displays....Beetlemania, Barn Find, Color Me Gone, The Fire Pit, and a 60th Anniversary of the 1956 Chevrolet! For more details on each display, see attachment below. There will be many other surprise displays and vehicles from all over Manitoba, Western Canada and the Upper Midwest US. Along with all the special displays...we want to feature your vehicle/motorcycle. With the available space....we want to feature as many quality builds that Manitoba has to offer. Register today....attached is both Car/Truck and Motorcycle application forms.If you have any questions, feel free to email me here..or call me at 1-204-668-7464. Thank you,please pass this email along to friends. I look forward to seeing you in March.

When the 3rd word in the first email sent out to people to promote the event is spelled wrong.. Doesn't make me want to go to this event.
                                        http://www.flickr.com/photos/kenau/
                                        All photos that are taken by me can be used for whatever you want!

"I love Honda's because I started with Honda's" - Ryan Basseri

Ken

[Mar 26 13:45:26] Igor:hearts before parts

January 19, 2016, 10:05 AM #20

dano Offline

• Vehicle: 2013 Nissan Leaf SL, 2002 Subaru Forester XT
                                          • Reputation Power: 94
                                          • dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!
                                          When the 3rd word in the first email sent out to people to promote the event is spelled wrong.. Doesn't make me want to go to this event.
                                          I know, eh? What I find telling, in my opinion / assumption, is that there is really nothing that says import, tuner, or new. It seems like its from the "old" perspective where they "just know" what people want, and that's that. But it's more of a nostalgia kind of thing, for old people.

I'm all for showing the import scene at WoW, but I don't see much enthusiasm from them about it.

Edit: What would I like to see? Things that are accessible, that most people can do (tuner). I'd also like to be able to see some newer cars in the flesh (ie P1, 918, Huracan), over the top tuner builds (@Winter Beater ) and for me I'd like to see a Tesla Model S or X.
                                          Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 10:08 AM by dano
                                          Current Forester count: 1
                                          Owner, Next Level Escapes

January 19, 2016, 10:09 AM #21

Alex2NF Offline

• Vehicle: 2013 Subaru BRZ - 2004 Toyota 4Runner
                                            • Reputation Power: 234
                                            • Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!Alex2NF is awe-inspiring!
                                            It will be twice the size of previous years, and almost 300 cars this year. I was told there will be several never seen before cars both locally and from the states.

I think what Igor meant is that the quality of import car at WOW this year might be lacking overall. It's great that there's a big push to include more imports into the typically Domestic based show, but the quality of car needs to be there in order to make imports a permanent fixture. Unfortunately, (based purely on social media that I'm not blocked from) it seems like some of these cars might be below a threshold of what the average show attendee would consider show worthy, which in turn may do more harm than good in my opinion. I'm not putting anyone down, or calling anyone out, I'm just saying that the plan of overlooking a certain expectation of quality and modification might not turn out the way everyone wants.

I will say one thing though, Bob completely omitting any mention of Imports in his mass email rubs me the wrong way. I'm not being picky or overly dramatic, but if you genuinely want to include imports you should probably mention them in your mass mailing.
                                            13 Boosted Subaru BRZ
                                            04 Toyota 4Runner V6 Sport
                                            ∞ Toyota Echo Race Car
                                            98 Acura Integra Race Car 2
                                            IG: @alexdbrz / Twitter: @ToyotaWinnipeg / Snap: OilMyPencil

January 19, 2016, 10:43 AM #22

Igor Offline

Originally posted by Alex2NF
                                              I think what Igor meant is that the quality of import car at WOW this year might be lacking overall. It's great that there's a big push to include more imports into the typically Domestic based show, but the quality of car needs to be there in order to make imports a permanent fixture. Unfortunately, (based purely on social media that I'm not blocked from) it seems like some of these cars might be below a threshold of what the average show attendee would consider show worthy, which in turn may do more harm than good in my opinion. I'm not putting anyone down, or calling anyone out, I'm just saying that the plan of overlooking a certain expectation of quality and modification might not turn out the way everyone wants.

I will say one thing though, Bob completely omitting any mention of Imports in his mass email rubs me the wrong way. I'm not being picky or overly dramatic, but if you genuinely want to include imports you should probably mention them in your mass mailing.

^^^ This.

January 19, 2016, 11:10 AM #23

Winter Beater Offline

You wouldn't have went anyways unless you got in for free or got paid to go.

That may be true but filling it in with other cars that only have coils, wheels, and some stickers doesn't make me want to pay $20 to come "support". Not sure how that is any different than going to a meet.

Who said the show was going to be filled with cars with only coils, wheels and stickers?

I've had a few people with very few mods like that ask me if I thought their cars should be in WOW and I told them probably not. At the end of the day, anybody who wants to register can, I can't say no to them only the organizers can. I explained to the people who asked about their cars what the caliber of cars that were typically in World of Wheels was, and hopefully they took that into account. I also told them about other shows/meets where their cars may fit in better instead of World of wheels.

Originally posted by dano
                                                I know, eh? What I find telling, in my opinion / assumption, is that there is really nothing that says import, tuner, or new. It seems like its from the "old" perspective where they "just know" what people want, and that's that. But it's more of a nostalgia kind of thing, for old people.

I'm all for showing the import scene at WoW, but I don't see much enthusiasm from them about it.

Not knowing that date on the email could explain the omission. I only met with Bob in late December to get this tuner thing rolling, so the if the email was sent before that it would explain it.

There is no 'plan of overlooking a certain expectation of quality and modification'. I don't know why people think I'm attempting to recruit ANY import I can possibly find for the show. That is simply not the case.

As I told someone else who is entering over the weekend, if they limited it to 'show' cars only, there might be only 5-10 cars in this province that are 'worthy'. There are very few tuner 'show cars' in this province. And that represents less than 1% of the tuner cars in the province. Not a good representation of the tuner scene locally at all.

Typically at a show like that if a car isn't exciting, people just walk by. It doesn't have a 'do more harm than good' effect.

We all know the tuner scene standard of quality is below that of the hot-rod scene, there are several factors that influence that, age and available funds are a big one. That fact isn't necessarily a bad thing though. The tuner scene is the most accessible, and possibly the most influential car scene to people who are interested in getting involved in the various activities that are a big part of the scene (meets, shows, cruises, events, autox, drift, drag, etc).

The intent in having a larger than previous quantity of good quality tuner cars at the show is to engage people and potential newcomers to the scene. By having a good turnout it shows the public & the hot-rod guys that exist in a positive and organized manner. By having a Top Tier booth there (which I got for you guys free, normally vendor space is $500+ for a 10x10) with a few cars, it  gives Top Tier and the local scene great exposure and allows us to engage the public, promote the many positive, safe, organized events and meets throughout the year to the public as well as welcome any newcomers who are interested in getting involved in what we have to offer.

There will be 50k people through the doors that weekend. Last year, the day I was there with two of the tuner cars in the show I can't count the amount of people who stopped to talk to us about getting into the local tuner scene, where to go for meets, etc. We spend the full day talking to people who wanted to get involved but didn't have a clue where to start....

The number one goal here is to promote the local scene in a positive light and to grow the scene. This opportunity opens up a HUGE door for us to do so.

January 19, 2016, 11:19 AM #24

Autter Offline

• Reputation Power: 36
                                                  • Autter is working their way up.Autter is working their way up.Autter is working their way up.
                                                  :lol:
                                                  [Dec 23 10:24:37] Ctown8:i was hanging out with this girl named autumn last night, and i kept calling her autter by accident. she was like what the heck lol

Igor [May 09, 09:58:01 AM]:   silly people, ikea is for furniture not car meets

Top Tier Imports

World Of Wheels 2016 - Mar 18-20
                                                    « Reply #24 on: January 19, 2016, 11:19 AM »