Author Topic: Custom LED Installs  (Read 377 times)

January 21, 2016, 03:31 PM #0

Eppic Offline

• Vehicle: Miata's (lots of them)
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Eppic barely matters.Eppic barely matters.
This is the fun part of my job.  Playing with lights.  This is an endless world of creativity and design.  Got an idea?  Shoot me an email or fb and we can get your idea into action!

Led's are all over the place now.  So no doubt you've seen this type of stuff before.  Consider this a place to show off my work.
All pictures are my own and are of work that I have done myself for myself or customers.

I started doing this jazz way back in highschool.  This picture would have been from 2010.  My very first install I did on my snowmobile.

Threw leds in my boat along with a 52" light bar up top.  I love my boat.  That's my toy that gets all the fun stuff.

Little bit of dabbling on my quad.  Just to be different. made myself some orange lights for the handlebars (HID's in the headlights and 6" LED flood lights up top)

Customers Kitty needed some basic lights.  Nothing crazy.

This was a fun job.  Oracle's Colorshift halo's.  Headlights and Fog lights.  Controlled by your smart phone.  She also wanted lots of purple.  So purple in the grill.  Hood vents.  Interior was all lit up and the trunk. 

And last but not least... Eppic Industries can't have just a plain jane tractor.  No No.  It must have lights.  LOTS of lights!

I use all the products I sell.  If you see it here, that means I sell it.  :)

Top Tier Imports

Custom LED Installs
    « on: January 21, 2016, 03:31 PM »

January 24, 2016, 07:00 PM #1

cluelessk Offline

• Vehicle: 2008 Cobalt SS
    • Reputation Power: 19
    • cluelessk has no influence.
    Sort of related but what's your opinion on LED headlight bulbs?

From my experience my high end halogen low beam/drl bulbs only last just over a year or so. And at $50-$60 a pair it'd cover the price of LED's fairly quick.

Not interested in a HID conversion.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

[Mar 23 12:14:28] Anne Gus:nah clueless is right

January 24, 2016, 07:36 PM #2

Eppic Offline

• Vehicle: Miata's (lots of them)
      • Reputation Power: 29
      • Eppic barely matters.Eppic barely matters.
      Originally posted by cluelessk
      Sort of related but what's your opinion on LED headlight bulbs?

From my experience my high end halogen low beam/drl bulbs only last just over a year or so. And at $50-$60 a pair it'd cover the price of LED's fairly quick.

Not interested in a HID conversion.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

for years i have been waiting for led technology to get as bright as halogens.  id say we are 98% there.  I run Led bulbs in my truck for headlights and fogs.  I've sold lots and lots of led bulb kits.  Haven't had any issues as far as quality so far.  Just wiring them can sometimes get tricky.  They draw so little power and don't have to heat up like a halogen.  So in .01 of a second they are at full power and ready to go.  I've found that with dodge rams cause of their dpm system that controls everything I had to get a little funky with wiring things up.  Otherwise plug and play all day.
      What I like about the led's is that, even though light output is pretty much the same on paper as a halogen, with it being a whiter light your eyes perceive it to be brighter thus your brain thinking they are brighter.  If your eyes tell your brain its brighter... that's what you want right? You may have some keyboard wizard tell you this that and the other about stats of led vs hid vs halogen vs fire on a stick.  I go by why i know and have experienced.  Tested by myself so I actually know what I'm selling to people.  I'd say rock them man.  I like mine.  Gives my truck a unique look that sets me apart.  Functional.  What else can I get?  maybe lightning bolts one day? that'd be rad!

Top Tier Imports

Custom LED Installs
        « Reply #2 on: January 24, 2016, 07:36 PM »