Author Topic: Rear ended yesterday..  (Read 1003 times)

February 19, 2016, 04:59 PM #0

RSfilter Offline

• Vehicle: Genesis Coupe 2.0T
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • RSfilter has no influence.
Hi guys,

Yesterday around 4:45 I was driving my Jetta on the Dugald overpass headed West when I was rear ended. I had just come to a stop and had my foot on the brake as there were cars ahead of me in the turning lane to go south onto Lagimodiere when I was hit. Seconds after being hit, the car that hit me speed off. I managed to get his license plate but i can't recall when car he was driving.

The driver didn't exchange information with me. The driver didn't check on the person he hit. What makes me angry is that he just drove off.

Now the reason I am posting this on here is because I noticed he had a TTI decal across the top of his windshield. If you are going to proudly represent the car community on your windshield, you shouldn't act like your above the law and take off after causing an accident.

Luckily there was little damage to my car other than paint and the rear bumper being pushed in slightly. If it had been colder out I'm sure the damage wouldn't have been so minimal.

I'm not sure what to do in this situation as theres too little damage to make an mpi claim but i feel like the driver should own up to his actions.

Thanks

Top Tier Imports

Rear ended yesterday..
    « on: February 19, 2016, 04:59 PM »

February 19, 2016, 05:02 PM #1

dolan Offline

• Vehicle: 2000 civic si
    • Reputation Power: 0
    • dolan is looked down upon.
    What type of car was it? Do you remember? Like coupe or sedan/hatch?
    Dyllan Angelkovski (aka) Dyllan Africa

[Mar 27 22:16:27] Uncle Hugh Myron:i bet PEAVEY MART NOW OPEN has it

February 19, 2016, 05:07 PM #2

Riley Offline

• Vehicle: '15 Fiesta ST
      • Reputation Power: 128
      • Riley is awe-inspiring!Riley is awe-inspiring!Riley is awe-inspiring!Riley is awe-inspiring!Riley is awe-inspiring!Riley is awe-inspiring!Riley is awe-inspiring!Riley is awe-inspiring!Riley is awe-inspiring!Riley is awe-inspiring!Riley is awe-inspiring!Riley is awe-inspiring!
      Originally posted by RSfilter
      Hi guys,

Yesterday around 4:45 I was driving my Jetta on the Dugald overpass headed West when I was rear ended. I had just come to a stop and had my foot on the brake as there were cars ahead of me in the turning lane to go south onto Lagimodiere when I was hit. Seconds after being hit, the car that hit me speed off. I managed to get his license plate but i can't recall when car he was driving.

The driver didn't exchange information with me. The driver didn't check on the person he hit. What makes me angry is that he just drove off.

Now the reason I am posting this on here is because I noticed he had a TTI decal across the top of his windshield. If you are going to proudly represent the car community on your windshield, you shouldn't act like your above the law and take off after causing an accident.

Luckily there was little damage to my car other than paint and the rear bumper being pushed in slightly. If it had been colder out I'm sure the damage wouldn't have been so minimal.

I'm not sure what to do in this situation as theres too little damage to make an mpi claim but i feel like the driver should own up to his actions.

Thanks

Hit and run, report it to the police and make your claim.
      #keepingitstock

February 19, 2016, 05:08 PM #3

RSfilter Offline

• Vehicle: Genesis Coupe 2.0T
        • Reputation Power: 3
        • RSfilter has no influence.
        Originally posted by dolan
        What type of car was it? Do you remember? Like coupe or sedan/hatch?
        Heres a description without the license plate:
        - late 80's or 90's 2 door coupe
        - White with TTI windshield decal (also white)
        - Driver appeared to be in his late teens or early 20's

February 19, 2016, 05:42 PM #4

Magner Offline

• Vehicle: Neons
          • Reputation Power: 74
          • Magner has a powerful will.Magner has a powerful will.Magner has a powerful will.Magner has a powerful will.Magner has a powerful will.Magner has a powerful will.Magner has a powerful will.
          Review the galley section for past event pictures. Chances are this chav has attended events, the car and plate might be visible.

February 19, 2016, 05:43 PM #5

Jbrar Offline

• Reputation Power: 2
            • Jbrar has no influence.
            If you have his plate number, that's all you really need to report it to the police and then make an mpi claim. I'd do it sooner rather then later. Unfortunately there's a growing number of people with TTI decals on their cars who forget the point of rocking a decal.

February 19, 2016, 05:58 PM #6

Shier Offline

• Vehicle: 2012 STI -- RIP 2011 Genesis Coupe
              • Reputation Power: 56
              • Shier is on the verge of being accepted.Shier is on the verge of being accepted.Shier is on the verge of being accepted.Shier is on the verge of being accepted.Shier is on the verge of being accepted.
              It's worth reporting, the next hit and run they cause might not be so minor.
              It will never have enough power until I can spin all four wheels at the end of the straightaway in high gear.

February 19, 2016, 06:00 PM #7

Igor Offline

• Vehicle: 2014 Subaru WRX STI Sport Tech
                • Reputation Power: 246
                • Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!
                Unfortunately we can't control what forum members do or don't do outside of a tti event. If you have the plate number report it as a hit and run and mpi/wps will take care of it.
                2000 Acura Integra GSR - Sold
                2014 Subaru WRX STI Sport Tech

February 19, 2016, 06:32 PM #8

Aragrev7 Offline

• Vehicle: 2006 TSX 6MT - CGP
                  • Reputation Power: 4
                  • Aragrev7 has no influence.
                  Very unfortunate. Glad it wasn't more serious. Although not possible at this pint, but in BC, we had newbies go through a probation period with specific colour decals. It seems earning membership makes members respect it more.
                  Hope the person just comes forward.

February 19, 2016, 07:42 PM #9

themikewoo Offline

• Vehicle: 2006 Honda S2000
                    • Reputation Power: 194
                    • themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!

Do it because not making a claim might bite you in the butt later. Imagine you get into a real accident where your vehicle will need repairs, MPI will examine your car with a fine tooth comb and question you to the ends of the earth about every little nick and ding. I swear when you talk to those guys their sole job is to make you look like the worst driver in Canada, but I didn't win Canada's Worst Driver, the tooth fairy did.

February 19, 2016, 09:46 PM #10

Ænimal Offline

• Vehicle: Miater, so many bikes
                      • Reputation Power: 75
                      • Ænimal has a powerful will.Ænimal has a powerful will.Ænimal has a powerful will.Ænimal has a powerful will.Ænimal has a powerful will.Ænimal has a powerful will.Ænimal has a powerful will.
                      Originally posted by Magner
                      Review the galley section for past event pictures. Chances are this chav has attended events, the car and plate might be visible.

+10

http://toptierimports.com/index.php?topic=10834.0

[Aug 01 15:48:26] dolan:Guys i really dont care, im still young enough to learn from all my mistakes.

February 20, 2016, 01:20 AM #11

firelizard Offline

• Vehicle: UZS161
                        • Reputation Power: 108
                        • firelizard has an aura about them.firelizard has an aura about them.firelizard has an aura about them.firelizard has an aura about them.firelizard has an aura about them.firelizard has an aura about them.firelizard has an aura about them.firelizard has an aura about them.firelizard has an aura about them.firelizard has an aura about them.
                        No need for detective work. If you actually have their plate number, MPI has their year, make, model, name, and address. File a claim and they will get letters until they either respond or forfeit and your deductible will be waived. If you choose not to make a claim, report it anyways, they've committed a crime.

February 20, 2016, 09:02 AM #12

Joe Offline

• Vehicle: MR2 Spyder
                          • Reputation Power: 43
                          • Joe might someday be someone...Joe might someday be someone...Joe might someday be someone...Joe might someday be someone...
                          Mpi is lazy. Ask @IanB
                          I'm sure the damage will be over 1k. I'd claim it.
                          Report the hit and run and hopefully they are prosecuted, but without a make model description, they make say you grabbed some random plate.
                          Write down any detail you can remember, color, car type (coupe/sedan/etc) and color.
                          D Street #50 - Slicktop E46 323i
                          04' Spyder 1E7 w/LSD - SOLD
                          Project "Cookie Monster" - 96 Corolla DX
                          http://forums.wscc.mb.ca/index.php?/topic/9745-the-cookie-monster/

Top Tier Imports

Rear ended yesterday..
                            « Reply #12 on: February 20, 2016, 09:02 AM »