Author Topic: Carson's '99 stb  (Read 3053 times)

July 11, 2016, 09:40 PM #50

C.J974 Offline

  • Regular Member
  • Posts: 155
  • Join Date: Apr 2014
    Location: Winnipeg
  • Real Name: Carson
  • Vehicle: 1987 Porsche 924S, JDM 1999 Subaru Forester stb
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • C.J974 has no influence.
Or do you mean the lip hitting the street? Because I still have about 5" clearance on the front lip. A little less on the side skirt.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

You can't ruin my life Reality, my safe space will keep you out! -Cartman

    Top Tier Imports

    Carson's '99 stb
    « Reply #50 on: July 11, 2016, 09:40 PM »

    July 11, 2016, 10:06 PM #51

    dano Offline

    • Regular Member
    • Posts: 2,348
    • Join Date: Aug 2012
      Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
    • Real Name: Daniel G
    • Vehicle: 2013 Nissan Leaf SL
    • Reputation Power: 88
    • dano is a force to reckon with.dano is a force to reckon with.dano is a force to reckon with.dano is a force to reckon with.dano is a force to reckon with.dano is a force to reckon with.dano is a force to reckon with.dano is a force to reckon with.
    Originally posted by C.J974
    Or do you mean the lip hitting the street? Because I still have about 5" clearance on the front lip. A little less on the side skirt.

    Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk
    This. That some part is going to scrape the bottom. I had the h&r lowering springs on mine with the Koni yellows and it was too low for dailying. I cracked my side skirts and on my back lane which has a steep incline it was very close to the front lip. Looks good though :)
    Current Forester count: 0.5

      July 12, 2016, 06:31 AM #52

      AA_ron Offline

      • Regular Member
      • Posts: 162
      • Join Date: Jun 2014
        Location: Winnipeg
      • Real Name: Aaron
      • Vehicle: 99 JDM Forester STB Type A 5MT
      • Reputation Power: 22
      • AA_ron barely matters.AA_ron barely matters.
      Originally posted by dano
      This. That some part is going to scrape the bottom. I had the h&r lowering springs on mine with the Koni yellows and it was too low for dailying. I cracked my side skirts and on my back lane which has a steep incline it was very close to the front lip. Looks good though :)

      Yes but our Type A body kit is muuuch chunkier than the other body kits. :D

      @C.J974 Foz is looking good! Keep it up!

        July 12, 2016, 06:37 AM #53

        C.J974 Offline

        • Regular Member
        • Posts: 155
        • Join Date: Apr 2014
          Location: Winnipeg
        • Real Name: Carson
        • Vehicle: 1987 Porsche 924S, JDM 1999 Subaru Forester stb
        • Reputation Power: 8
        • C.J974 has no influence.
        Originally posted by dano
        This. That some part is going to scrape the bottom. I had the h&r lowering springs on mine with the Koni yellows and it was too low for dailying. I cracked my side skirts and on my back lane which has a steep incline it was very close to the front lip. Looks good though :)
        Seems to be fine, well see what happens when I have 4 passengers in it, but this seems to be a very manageable height. I may not even have to spin the coils up in the winter. If I had the type A lip, it might be a different story, I don't know how much lower it is, but it is lower by a bit.

        Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

        You can't ruin my life Reality, my safe space will keep you out! -Cartman

          October 31, 2016, 10:45 PM #54

          C.J974 Offline

          • Regular Member
          • Posts: 155
          • Join Date: Apr 2014
            Location: Winnipeg
          • Real Name: Carson
          • Vehicle: 1987 Porsche 924S, JDM 1999 Subaru Forester stb
          • Reputation Power: 8
          • C.J974 has no influence.
          While digging around under my dash figuring out the (surprisingly well done) existing aftermarket sub wiring, I found this mysterious box that doesn't appear to be a factory item. Any ideas as to what it could be? I'm not in the mood for tracing wires.

          And as I mentioned, I put subs into my foz on Saturday.
          The power, ground and rca cables were already in place, I just had to replace a small section of wire from the battery to the fuse, which turned out to be garbage and had to be replaced, (thanks @ctown8 for the help) but the rest of the wiring as I said, was done very well, labeled, stuck down, easy to get at.


          Subs are dual focal 10" 25A4, amp is a single channel clarion, box is a chambered bassworx 13x30x16".
          The amp fits perfectly into the in floor compartment behind the back seat and looks really clean. The box fits snugly under the trunk cover.
           Next I'll need to wire up my heated seats, if anyone has, or knows somewhere I can get switches and wiring or at least connectors please let me know.

          Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

          You can't ruin my life Reality, my safe space will keep you out! -Cartman

            November 01, 2016, 07:08 AM #55

            dano Offline

            • Regular Member
            • Posts: 2,348
            • Join Date: Aug 2012
              Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
            • Real Name: Daniel G
            • Vehicle: 2013 Nissan Leaf SL
            • Reputation Power: 88
            • dano is a force to reckon with.dano is a force to reckon with.dano is a force to reckon with.dano is a force to reckon with.dano is a force to reckon with.dano is a force to reckon with.dano is a force to reckon with.dano is a force to reckon with.
            @ctown8 should have some for reference. You can get the switches off eBay.
            Current Forester count: 0.5

              November 04, 2016, 12:49 PM #56

              Ctown8 Offline

              • Posts: 1,303
              • Join Date: Nov 2013
                Location: Sanford
              • Real Name: Colin McAndrew
              • Vehicle: 2001 Forester STI 2000 Celica
              • Reputation Power: 98
              • Ctown8 has great potential!Ctown8 has great potential!Ctown8 has great potential!Ctown8 has great potential!Ctown8 has great potential!Ctown8 has great potential!Ctown8 has great potential!Ctown8 has great potential!Ctown8 has great potential!
              I have the heated seat kit i plan on putting into the foz, if i get to it before you ill let you know how i do it. Ill send you some pics of the switch panel etc.
              BAASSSSSSS
              I work at Brian Reimer Audio on St. Marys, come in for some good deals, ask for Colin.
              My Motto: Love thy neighbors sick nasty whip like u love thy selves dirt nasty swag machine!
              Dont mod your cars kids. its not worth it.

                March 25, 2017, 06:39 PM #57

                C.J974 Offline

                • Regular Member
                • Posts: 155
                • Join Date: Apr 2014
                  Location: Winnipeg
                • Real Name: Carson
                • Vehicle: 1987 Porsche 924S, JDM 1999 Subaru Forester stb
                • Reputation Power: 8
                • C.J974 has no influence.
                I had some money burning a hole in my pocket, after not doing anything to my foz over the winter. With it being too miserable to start on my much needed body work (Ice Racing is a little destructive) I figured I should throw money at my interior, my audio quality to be exact. My subs were very overpowering to anyone sitting in the rear seats, even at a moderate volume, so I got myself a bass knob. After I finished that, I may have started talking to @Ctown8 too much, because suddenly I decided I NEEDED sound deadening.

                Started with the hatch, then the front doors and the rears doors. It's amazing the difference it makes. I noticed the biggest difference when I drove in on the perimeter going to RRC and back every day. I cant hear cars passing by any more, and my exhaust isn't as invasive as it was. You also notice it when opening and closing the doors, the foz doesn't sound like a tin can anymore. On top of all that, my stereo sounds noticeably better/cleaner. Also under Colins advice, I put in foam speaker cups to get a bit more bass out of my front speakers.

                And finally, yesterday I picked up an amp for my speakers and installed it today. Took quite a while to get all the wires run and soldered, but it all went smoothly and I still managed not to break any clips!! I also finally took the time to solder my head unit connections together and take the marrettes off from when I first installed it almost a year ago lol.

                https://www.flickr.com/photos/124745423@N04/albums/72157678511611813

                As far as I'm concerned my stereo is complete now, until I'm talked into upgrading everything. Next on the list is a new front bumper and lip, as well as side skirts (I had a rough winter). If anyone knows of someone or somewhere I could get a decent set, if you could let me know, that'd be awesome.  I'm having a hard time finding a set anywhere.

                You can't ruin my life Reality, my safe space will keep you out! -Cartman

                  March 28, 2017, 10:15 AM #58

                  Ctown8 Offline

                  • Posts: 1,303
                  • Join Date: Nov 2013
                    Location: Sanford
                  • Real Name: Colin McAndrew
                  • Vehicle: 2001 Forester STI 2000 Celica
                  • Reputation Power: 98
                  • Ctown8 has great potential!Ctown8 has great potential!Ctown8 has great potential!Ctown8 has great potential!Ctown8 has great potential!Ctown8 has great potential!Ctown8 has great potential!Ctown8 has great potential!Ctown8 has great potential!
                  Originally posted by C.J974
                  I had some money burning a hole in my pocket, after not doing anything to my foz over the winter. With it being too miserable to start on my much needed body work (Ice Racing is a little destructive) I figured I should throw money at my interior, my audio quality to be exact. My subs were very overpowering to anyone sitting in the rear seats, even at a moderate volume, so I got myself a bass knob. After I finished that, I may have started talking to @Ctown8 too much, because suddenly I decided I NEEDED sound deadening.

                  Started with the hatch, then the front doors and the rears doors. It's amazing the difference it makes. I noticed the biggest difference when I drove in on the perimeter going to RRC and back every day. I cant hear cars passing by any more, and my exhaust isn't as invasive as it was. You also notice it when opening and closing the doors, the foz doesn't sound like a tin can anymore. On top of all that, my stereo sounds noticeably better/cleaner. Also under Colins advice, I put in foam speaker cups to get a bit more bass out of my front speakers.

                  And finally, yesterday I picked up an amp for my speakers and installed it today. Took quite a while to get all the wires run and soldered, but it all went smoothly and I still managed not to break any clips!! I also finally took the time to solder my head unit connections together and take the marrettes off from when I first installed it almost a year ago lol.

                  https://www.flickr.com/photos/124745423@N04/albums/72157678511611813

                  As far as I'm concerned my stereo is complete now, until I'm talked into upgrading everything. Next on the list is a new front bumper and lip, as well as side skirts (I had a rough winter). If anyone knows of someone or somewhere I could get a decent set, if you could let me know, that'd be awesome.  I'm having a hard time finding a set anywhere.
                  :)
                  BAASSSSSSS
                  I work at Brian Reimer Audio on St. Marys, come in for some good deals, ask for Colin.
                  My Motto: Love thy neighbors sick nasty whip like u love thy selves dirt nasty swag machine!
                  Dont mod your cars kids. its not worth it.

                    Top Tier Imports

                    Carson's '99 stb
                    « Reply #58 on: March 28, 2017, 10:15 AM »