Author Topic: 2004 g35 coupe vibration  (Read 382 times)

April 04, 2016, 11:14 AM #0

J_mullet Offline

• Reputation Power: 1
  • J_mullet has no influence.
Hello,

I've got a vibration in what seems to be the front end that I've been chasing for almost a year at this point. I've thrown money and parts at it, but it persists. It typically starts around 100kmh. Strangely enough the problem gets worse on certain types of road and warmer temps. Its as if the more grip the tires get, the worse the problem is. Took it into vickar Nissan (idiots) and they did two inspections only to tell me everything is fine. They then wanted to charge me money for a more in depth 3rd inspection on an autopac claim. Last time I will go there....anyways...hoping some g/z owners could chime in that maybe experienced this before. Thanks.

What I've done so far:
New wheel bearings in the front (drivers side)
New ball joint (drivers side)
New upper ball joints (both sides)
New compression rod (passenger side)
New (used) struts from 350z (both sides)
New LCA (passenger side)
New outer tierod ends (both sides)
Inner tierod  (drivers side)
Tries multiple rim and tire combos
Alignment ( not sure how good though)
Wheel balancing at one point.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Top Tier Imports

2004 g35 coupe vibration
    « on: April 04, 2016, 11:14 AM »

April 04, 2016, 11:44 AM #1

DonR Offline

• Vehicle: 83 CAMARO Z28/94 K1500
    • Reputation Power: 80
    • DonR is a force to reckon with.DonR is a force to reckon with.DonR is a force to reckon with.DonR is a force to reckon with.DonR is a force to reckon with.DonR is a force to reckon with.DonR is a force to reckon with.DonR is a force to reckon with.
    once the vibration starts does it change with rpm?
    [Sep 19 13:42:06] alexatwork21:I just want to rub butter on my body and dance the night away. Probably drink, maybe jack off a donkey. I just want to get lost in the moment.

89 240SX- SOLD
    95 GTR- SOLD
    03 RSX-S - SOLD
    08 G6- wrekt
    10 Gen Coupe- WREKT

April 04, 2016, 12:01 PM #2

Igor Offline

• Vehicle: 2014 Subaru WRX STI Sport Tech
      • Reputation Power: 221
      • Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!
      Do you have a second set of wheels you can throw on the car to test? I see that you put that you got the wheels balanced but it could be a tire issue.
      2000 Acura Integra GSR - Sold
      2014 Subaru WRX STI Sport Tech

April 04, 2016, 01:10 PM #3

firelizard Offline

• Vehicle: UZS161
        • Reputation Power: 98
        • firelizard has great potential!firelizard has great potential!firelizard has great potential!firelizard has great potential!firelizard has great potential!firelizard has great potential!firelizard has great potential!firelizard has great potential!firelizard has great potential!
        ^ says they tried multiple wheel and tire combos

That's frustrating man, being unable to find the source of an issue. Maybe steering rack bushings?

April 04, 2016, 02:52 PM #4

themikewoo Offline

• Vehicle: 2006 Honda S2000
          • Reputation Power: 183
          • themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!
          Vibration felt in the steering wheel only?
          So you did not try an alignment?

Paging Runaway.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

April 19, 2016, 10:26 AM #5

seanf Offline

• Vehicle: 4 Audis and a Cavalier
            • Reputation Power: 15
            • seanf has no influence.
            how are your front brakes? I've seen some rotors with heavy rust build up and a bunch on one side flake off and cause vibration issues. Do you feel the vibration in the steering wheel or the whole car vibrates? I'd give the rear axles a good check over and make sure the CV's don't have play, if its AWD (not sure if coupes came that way) I'd give the front axles a good look over too and check the hanger bearing on the driveshaft if its 2 pc as well as drive shaft CV's if applicable.

Top Tier Imports

2004 g35 coupe vibration
              « Reply #5 on: April 19, 2016, 10:26 AM »