Author Topic: New Tires - Tireset.ca  (Read 3233 times)

April 11, 2016, 02:38 PM #25

Miguel Offline

• Reputation Power: 74
  • Miguel has a powerful will.Miguel has a powerful will.Miguel has a powerful will.Miguel has a powerful will.Miguel has a powerful will.Miguel has a powerful will.Miguel has a powerful will.
Originally posted by Madbuzz41
I already have a fiat, why would I want to spend several thousands more to buy another one?

This is like saying "I have a Subaru Impreza 2.5, why buy a Subaru WRX STI". For the price of making the 2.5 quick (it'll never be perfect) you can buy an STI which is already fast. Much cheaper making a fast car faster, than a slow car quick. In the long run at least. As for tires I completely agree with @Nirusan when he says you can't see much of the benefit of having better tires on the street since they never get warm enough. I can't feel that big of a traction difference between my direzza ZII and my Michelin PS AS3's since they can never get warm enough. The harder sidewalls definitely give me more feel but it's still minimal. To truly appreciate proper tires you need to be in a track/autox setting IMO.

Edit: Also, a Fiat has a small market for parts making the build much more difficult and expensive.
Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 02:43 PM by Miguel
#DRIVEN2017 #IMPORTSOMETHING2017      

[Mar 13 11:28:02] Shaun:ur gonna play 20 questions with me like that oil cap arent u

Top Tier Imports

New Tires - Tireset.ca
    « Reply #25 on: April 11, 2016, 02:38 PM »

April 11, 2016, 04:23 PM #26

Riley Offline

• Vehicle: '15 Fiesta ST
    • Reputation Power: 131
    • Riley is awe-inspiring!Riley is awe-inspiring!Riley is awe-inspiring!Riley is awe-inspiring!Riley is awe-inspiring!Riley is awe-inspiring!Riley is awe-inspiring!Riley is awe-inspiring!Riley is awe-inspiring!Riley is awe-inspiring!Riley is awe-inspiring!Riley is awe-inspiring!
    Totally untrue. Fiats deprecate like hot rocks. For what I could possibly sell my car for I would loose probably 10k on it cause I paid a fair penny , and I understand cars depreciate but I barely drive it so I can't justify loosing that money. Then to buy an abarth with only 20,000 miles on it would cost me around 20k if not more like 25k so then I'm out even more money.
    Tracking it isn't the primary goal. I just want to take it to the track every now and then. Maybe once a year.
    My fiat already has a way better suspension set up than an abarth, and is only down 25whp so around a track with good tires I bet I'd outrun a stock one all day.

I used that term very loosely . By "hook" I meant not spinning under 60... Lmao
    The tire wearing fast isn't a big concern it's just tire performance overall I'm looking at . I only drive the car once a week, twice if I'm lucky. I completely understand the heat concept though. You want something that bites when you want it, not 10 pulls later.
    Here you go. Seeing as you hardly drive it, who cares if it has 50k kms instead of 20k miles.

2013 Fiat 500 Abarth Local One Owner! Clean Carproof! ACCIDENT F,
    http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/winnipeg/2013-fiat-500-abarth-local-one-owner-clean-carproof-accident-f/1132143733

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

#keepingitstock

April 11, 2016, 04:28 PM #27

Madbuzz41 Offline

• Vehicle: Fiat 500 Sport
      • Reputation Power: 10
      • Madbuzz41 has no influence.
      Originally posted by Riley
      Here you go. Seeing as you hardly drive it, who cares if it has 50k kms instead of 20k miles.

2013 Fiat 500 Abarth Local One Owner! Clean Carproof! ACCIDENT F,
      http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/winnipeg/2013-fiat-500-abarth-local-one-owner-clean-carproof-accident-f/1132143733

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

More miles than mine, not the same color either. Which I love the black metallic. Doesn't look bad in red though. Also been winter driven which mines never seen snow.
      I appreciate the effort. But I asked for tire advice, not selling my car advice.
      Ive had a few people offer to buy my car cause it looks so clean, but I declined.

I would never buy that abarth though , just doesn't compare to my fiat. IMO I would be paying more for a downgrade
      Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 04:34 PM by Madbuzz41

April 11, 2016, 05:05 PM #28

Magner Offline

• Vehicle: Neons
        • Magner has a powerful will.Magner has a powerful will.Magner has a powerful will.Magner has a powerful will.Magner has a powerful will.Magner has a powerful will.Magner has a powerful will.
        Yeah I need to widen it 30mm all around I believe to be eligible to race which isn't a big deal.
        Are you sure about that? Your car must be wider than it is tall to meet the minimum requirements.
        Edmond's data shows a FIAT 500 Track width as 55.4" front and 55" rear with a height of 59.8". That means you would need to lower your car 4.8 inches if you wanted to use the stock wheels.
        Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 05:06 PM by Magner

April 11, 2016, 05:07 PM #29

Madbuzz41 Offline

Originally posted by Magner
          Are you sure about that? Your car must be wider than it is tall to meet the minimum requirements.
          Edmond's data shows a FIAT 500 Track width as 55.4" front and 55" rear with a height of 59.8". That means you would need to lower your car 4.8 inches if you wanted to use the stock wheels.

It's lowered.

April 11, 2016, 05:10 PM #30

Magner Offline

• Vehicle: Neons
            • Magner has a powerful will.Magner has a powerful will.Magner has a powerful will.Magner has a powerful will.Magner has a powerful will.Magner has a powerful will.Magner has a powerful will.
            It's lowered.
            over 4.8"?

April 11, 2016, 06:53 PM #31

firelizard Offline

• Vehicle: UZS161
              • Reputation Power: 108
              • firelizard has an aura about them.firelizard has an aura about them.firelizard has an aura about them.firelizard has an aura about them.firelizard has an aura about them.firelizard has an aura about them.firelizard has an aura about them.firelizard has an aura about them.firelizard has an aura about them.firelizard has an aura about them.
              Originally posted by Magner
              over 4.8"?

Realistically (and I don't know if Kyle has done this) it could be lowered and have the track width increased, instead of just one or the other.

Is track width based only on the outer dimensions of the wheel and tire setup? Time for some flares! Seriously though, the Abarth isn't 5" lower than a normal 500. or 5" wider. Would bringing a 500 to Abarth spec not qualify it?

April 11, 2016, 07:04 PM #32

Madbuzz41 Offline

Originally posted by firelizard
                Realistically (and I don't know if Kyle has done this) it could be lowered and have the track width increased, instead of just one or the other.

Is track width based only on the outer dimensions of the wheel and tire setup? Time for some flares! Seriously though, the Abarth isn't 5" lower than a normal 500. or 5" wider. Would bringing a 500 to Abarth spec not qualify it?

I've mentioned this numerous times in other threads and no one listens to me :( yes lower and wider, it's lowered, now I need wider. Wide body fiat looks really dope too so that's awesome Hahahah.
                No the abarth isn't 5" lower, in fact, it's only 1" lower than my Sport from factory.
                The only difference to the abarth suspension over mine is the 1" lower, since mine has the same sport tuned shocks. And a small rear sway bar.
                My fiat has full suspension bolt ons, chassis braces, top strut bar, lower subframe brace, rear sway bar, lowering springs. Far superior to an abarth, but since it's "not an abarth" no go..... I have to follow their rules and that's that. No ifs ands or butts. It's not an abarth and apparently will never be as good.

April 11, 2016, 08:23 PM #33

Nhil Offline

• Vehicle: 2000 Honda S2000
                  • Reputation Power: 91
                  • Nhil has great potential!Nhil has great potential!Nhil has great potential!Nhil has great potential!Nhil has great potential!Nhil has great potential!Nhil has great potential!Nhil has great potential!Nhil has great potential!
                  I've mentioned this numerous times in other threads and no one listens to me :( yes lower and wider, it's lowered, now I need wider. Wide body fiat looks really dope too so that's awesome Hahahah.
                  No the abarth isn't 5" lower, in fact, it's only 1" lower than my Sport from factory.
                  The only difference to the abarth suspension over mine is the 1" lower, since mine has the same sport tuned shocks. And a small rear sway bar.
                  My fiat has full suspension bolt ons, chassis braces, top strut bar, lower subframe brace, rear sway bar, lowering springs. Far superior to an abarth, but since it's "not an abarth" no go..... I have to follow their rules and that's that. No ifs ands or butts. It's not an abarth and apparently will never be as good.

You seem to feel you are being singled out here, which is not the case. These rules are put into place for a reason. Safety being the main one. Your car is excluded because it has a high roll over risk, which would not only severely damage your car, but also potentially cause bodily injury to you or someone else. Not something we want to chance. I also doubt the club's insurance would look too fondly on us allowing specifically excluded cars to race when they haven't met the set criteria.

You have two options here: A) modify your vehicle in order to meet the standards that are required (wider than tall), or B) purchase another vehicle that does meet the requirements.

We aren't out to make your life difficult but we do have to adhere to the rules set out. Allowing vehicles to race that the owner has deemed "safe" by their own logic is a slippery slope. I can empathize with your situation and understand this can be frustrating when a similar vehicle has the okay to race, but that's how the rules read and that's what we follow. If you feel your model of 500 has been unfairly classed, I would recommend contacting the SCCA and discussing with them.
                  [Mar 02 10:56:01] TwoFourDee:..ever
                  [Mar 02 10:55:59] TwoFourDee:nobody quote me on that
                  [Mar 02 10:55:56] TwoFourDee:I actually like those rotas

April 11, 2016, 08:26 PM #34

Madbuzz41 Offline

Originally posted by Nhil
                    You seem to feel you are being singled out here, which is not the case. These rules are put into place for a reason. Safety being the main one. Your car is excluded because it has a high roll over risk, which would not only severely damage your car, but also potentially cause bodily injury to you or someone else. Not something we want to chance. I also doubt the club's insurance would look too fondly on us allowing specifically excluded cars to race when they haven't met the set criteria.

You have two options here: A) modify your vehicle in order to meet the standards that are required (wider than tall), or B) purchase another vehicle that does meet the requirements.

We aren't out to make your life difficult but we do have to adhere to the rules set out. Allowing vehicles to race that the owner has deemed "safe" by their own logic is a slippery slope. I can empathize with your situation and understand this can be frustrating when a similar vehicle has the okay to race, but that's how the rules read and that's what we follow. If you feel your model of 500 has been unfairly classed, I would recommend contacting the SCCA and discussing with them.

No I completely agree.
                    Yes it is frustrating with the abarth able to race and not me. But I understand the rules and do plan to meet the requirements. I'm not mad about it. Such is life. Still happy with my car regardless.

April 12, 2016, 12:59 AM #35

tytanium Offline

• Vehicle: 2017 Hyundai Tucson 1.6T SE
                      • Reputation Power: 87
                      • tytanium is a force to reckon with.tytanium is a force to reckon with.tytanium is a force to reckon with.tytanium is a force to reckon with.tytanium is a force to reckon with.tytanium is a force to reckon with.tytanium is a force to reckon with.tytanium is a force to reckon with.
                      Originally posted by Nirusan
                      You're going to be very, VERY hard pressed to find a tire that will allow you to hook up like you envision hooking up. It's just the downfall of FWD platforms.

quoted for truth. Nirusan and I both know how hard it is to get traction with decent power on a FWD
                      former member of the #boostedhatchcrew

April 20, 2016, 12:29 PM #36

Coach Offline

• Vehicle: 1994 Toyota Corolla 20v 4AGE Silvertop
                        • Reputation Power: 17
                        • Coach has no influence.
                        Got my new tires last Monday.

GREAT price!

Very good customer service (replied quickly to emails)

Delivery cost - FANTASTIC ($40)

Transaction done in Cnd - A+++++++

Delivery by Canpar - pretty good
                        1994 Toyota Corolla 20v 4AGE Silvertop
                        1995 Nissan GT-R33 - sold

April 24, 2016, 09:29 PM #37

bonspeed Offline

• Reputation Power: 20
                          • bonspeed barely matters.bonspeed barely matters.
                          ordered a set of yokohama S.drive's from them too. their pricing is really good. would buy again
                          REV HARD... or DON'T REV AT ALL!!!
                          ||Mike Woo Racing!!||

Quote (selected)
                          : learn to drive before you start spending money and turning wrenches; it's the best investment you can make.

checkout my build thread

Top Tier Imports

New Tires - Tireset.ca
                            « Reply #37 on: April 24, 2016, 09:29 PM »