Author Topic: Aristo aftermarket deck install  (Read 1758 times)

April 07, 2016, 06:21 PM #0

DLo Offline

• Reputation Power: 3
  • DLo has no influence.
Has anyone installed an aftermarket unit on their aristo? Seem to be finding conflicting reports of what is necessary to get the factory amp functioning.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Top Tier Imports

Aristo aftermarket deck install
    « on: April 07, 2016, 06:21 PM »

April 07, 2016, 07:39 PM #1

firelizard Offline

• Vehicle: UZS161
    • Reputation Power: 108
    • firelizard has an aura about them.firelizard has an aura about them.firelizard has an aura about them.firelizard has an aura about them.firelizard has an aura about them.firelizard has an aura about them.firelizard has an aura about them.firelizard has an aura about them.firelizard has an aura about them.firelizard has an aura about them.
    Is the system the same as in the North American GS? If so, I was told it was best to just go with aftermarket amplifiers as well, since the factory unit does not play nice with aftermarket equipment. I did not attempt it, personally.

April 08, 2016, 12:58 AM #2

slipstreamconversion Offline

• Vehicle: 1997 Toyota Aristo / 1993 Toyota Camry
      • Reputation Power: 82
      • slipstreamconversion is a force to reckon with.slipstreamconversion is a force to reckon with.slipstreamconversion is a force to reckon with.slipstreamconversion is a force to reckon with.slipstreamconversion is a force to reckon with.slipstreamconversion is a force to reckon with.slipstreamconversion is a force to reckon with.slipstreamconversion is a force to reckon with.
      @Ctown8 were you the one whom installed the bluetooth single din in the Aristo at Brian Reimer?

April 08, 2016, 01:49 AM #3

DLo Offline

• DLo has no influence.
        Originally posted by firelizard
        Is the system the same as in the North American GS? If so, I was told it was best to just go with aftermarket amplifiers as well, since the factory unit does not play nice with aftermarket equipment. I did not attempt it, personally.
        Unfortunately that seems to be what I'm finding out.

April 08, 2016, 01:50 AM #4

DLo Offline

• DLo has no influence.
          Originally posted by slipstreamconversion
          @Ctown8 were you the one whom installed the bluetooth single din in the Aristo at Brian Reimer?
          That would incredibly helpful

April 08, 2016, 07:03 AM #5

sunshine Offline

• Reputation Power: 16
            • sunshine has no influence.
            This wiring kit from japan uses the stock amps if you want to order it from japan.
            http://www.beatsonic.co.jp/adapter/mva/mva-32.php

You also need a jdm non touch screen climate control unit.
            Removing the touchscreen also removes your climate control.
            Lexus unit will work but the controls and buttons on it will be reversed left and right and you won't know what settings you have on because of that.
            Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 07:08 AM by sunshine

April 08, 2016, 08:57 AM #6

Ctown8 Offline

• Vehicle: 2001 Forester STI 2000 Celica
              • Reputation Power: 126
              • Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!
              Originally posted by slipstreamconversion
              It was not actually me, but I was there and I know how its wired. Whats your question? Let me rephrase that, I did not do the work but i designed the system and its layout.
              BAASSSSSSS
              I work at Brian Reimer Audio on St. Marys, come in for some good deals, ask for Colin.
              My Motto: Love thy neighbors sick nasty whip like u love thy selves dirt nasty swag machine!
              Dont mod your cars kids. its not worth it.

April 08, 2016, 09:18 AM #7

Ctown8 Offline

• Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!
                I'm just gonna say what I know here.

You do not need to retain the factory amp to have a working audio system. What we did, and what I recommend is installing a small aftermarket amplifier in the trunk, preferably a 4 or 5ch amp, using a 4ch we hooked up the front speakers to the front 2 channels on the amplifier and used the other two channels on the amp for the oem subwoofer. To power the rear speakers we ran speaker wire from the head unit speaker out puts to the factory amp and tapped in to re-use the oem speaker wires. This worked well and sounded pretty good.

What might work better would be using a 5 channel amp so you can power all 4 speakers with the amplifier and the subwoofer.

To figure out which speakers are which on the factory amplifier, unplug the two plugs on the amp in the trunk and use a 9v battery to "pop" test the speakers, basically attach two leads to the 9v and touch two wires in the harness at a time and when you get the + and - of one speaker, it will "pop" then label those wires until you have all your speakers. Then connect those to the aftermarket amps speaker outputs. if you do not want to cut the wires from the oem amplifier, I have the plugs that fit at the store here.

Any questions?
                BAASSSSSSS
                I work at Brian Reimer Audio on St. Marys, come in for some good deals, ask for Colin.
                My Motto: Love thy neighbors sick nasty whip like u love thy selves dirt nasty swag machine!

April 08, 2016, 05:43 PM #8

DLo Offline

• DLo has no influence.

Originally posted by Ctown8
                  I'm just gonna say what I know here.

Very helpful, thanks. Seems pretty straightforward to just bypass the stock amp and use aftermarket. The only issue i can see myself running into is the fact that I have seven speakers and a sub in my vehicle. HU has four outputs, no amp purchased as of yet. Can I wire speakers in parallel?

April 08, 2016, 05:45 PM #9

DLo Offline

• DLo has no influence.
                    Originally posted by sunshine
                    This wiring kit from japan uses the stock amps if you want to order it from japan.
                    http://www.beatsonic.co.jp/adapter/mva/mva-32.php

You also need a jdm non touch screen climate control unit.
                    Removing the touchscreen also removes your climate control.
                    Lexus unit will work but the controls and buttons on it will be reversed left and right and you won't know what settings you have on because of that.
                    Already have the climate control, thinking the car might have had the beat sonic at some point and had it removed (with the stereo) before I got it. Unfortunate!

April 16, 2016, 09:52 AM #10

Ctown8 Offline

Originally posted by DLo

Very helpful, thanks. Seems pretty straightforward to just bypass the stock amp and use aftermarket. The only issue i can see myself running into is the fact that I have seven speakers and a sub in my vehicle. HU has four outputs, no amp purchased as of yet. Can I wire speakers in parallel?

The front "four" speakers are a component set (tweeters wired with woofers) so they're only seen as 2 speakers by the headunit/amp. Rears are the other 2 headunit/amp speakers. The front center channel will go unused, and the subwoofer needs to be amplified separately.
                      BAASSSSSSS

April 16, 2016, 12:28 PM #11

DLo Offline

• DLo has no influence.
                        Originally posted by Ctown8
                        The front "four" speakers are a component set (tweeters wired with woofers) so they're only seen as 2 speakers by the headunit/amp. Rears are the other 2 headunit/amp speakers. The front center channel will go unused, and the subwoofer needs to be amplified separately.
                        Sounds relatively simple. I picked up a five channel amp from a buddy and I'll have to get wire yet to power up and ground it. Do I have to lose the front centre speaker? Thanks a lot for the help btw

April 20, 2016, 03:35 PM #12

Ctown8 Offline

Originally posted by DLo
                          Sounds relatively simple. I picked up a five channel amp from a buddy and I'll have to get wire yet to power up and ground it. Do I have to lose the front centre speaker? Thanks a lot for the help btw

It is easiest to loose it, but I'm sure there is a way to retain it.
                          BAASSSSSSS

Top Tier Imports

Aristo aftermarket deck install
                            « Reply #12 on: April 20, 2016, 03:35 PM »