To start things off, this might not be the end of the audio upgrades, the deck i bought is apparently, well straight garbage. That's my fault though, i wanted a cheap double din touch screen and well that's what i got... Should have done my research.
Anyway, for a sub i got a 8" slim pioneer and my amp is a little single channel clarion. The reason for such a small set up is that i want it to be able to fit in the stock location and be 100% hidden.
Heres a before picture:
And here is the after:
So i would say it was a success!
To do this i needed to take apart the whole rear interior of the car, starting with the false floor.
Then to the side paneling and carpet
Once i got to this point it was pretty easy to remove the old 6x9, after that i cut the opening in the metal.
And to solve some of the inevitable rattling, i simple put some foam tape where the sub meets the metal
Then i ran the wires to the sun and threw it in the car!
Next is the amp. This was simple, i just cut a hole in the false floor to run the wires, then ran them to the front under the door sill trim.
For the power wire i found a rubber plug on the front part of the door frame, cut a hole in the rubber, and ran the power wire up under the fender
And then in the engine bay! (its the wire loom coming from the top right of the picture)
And heres a final picture of the amp
At this point, everything should work which it did but i was smelling burning coming from the sub, obviously that's not good so pulled the fuse. I ended up bring it to Colin at brian reimer audio and he figured out that the gain on the amp was way to high. Now everything is as good as it will get for now.
Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk