Author Topic: My first "build" 2005 fxt  (Read 4275 times)

July 09, 2016, 05:25 PM #50

krez003 Offline

• Reputation Power: 1
  • krez003 has no influence.
The wheels are on! I repeat, the wheels are on! Final set up is 17x8 +48 rims with a 5 mm spacer on each corner making it a +43, 245/45 tires all around. And to lift the rear end i used wrx wagon springs and stock forester top hats. In my opinion it sits perfect now!

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

Top Tier Imports

My first "build" 2005 fxt
    « Reply #50 on: July 09, 2016, 05:25 PM »

July 09, 2016, 09:07 PM #51

krez003 Offline

Heres a picture of it out of the garage, and yes its very dirty,  maybe ill be able to get some pictures of it clean next week.

July 09, 2016, 09:42 PM #52

jordisonjr Offline

• Vehicle: 14/15 Endeavor New Standard 151
      • Reputation Power: 193
      • jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!
      Looks awesome!
      Originally posted by Madbuzz41
      I'm not a fan of blowing for a long time anyways ; )

[Mar 31 23:03:18] Basil:Dan go outside without your pants and let your beef curtains flap around in the wind like a windsock

[Dec 11 14:00:38] alexatwork21:I

July 10, 2016, 08:26 PM #53

krez003 Offline

Washed the Foz today!

July 21, 2016, 09:54 PM #54

krez003 Offline

I have been collecting parts lately so i might aswell do a update of what i have been collecting.

For suspension bits i have a 20mm rear sti sway bar, as well as the bushings, mounts and brackets that go along with it ( thanks Zach!). I also have a set of rear kart boy end links. The only thing left on my list for suspension parts at this moment is a set of sti or aftermarket lateral links and toe links.

I also just bought a v3 accessport. I think its actually super cool with all the different things you can moniter with it. And i gotta say is it ever easy to install! Only downside now is that i have a boost leak somewhere. At max i am only reaching 5 maybe 6 psi and i am pretty positive that stock a fxt is supose to have close to 12 psi.

I'll have to do a boost leak test one of these days.

July 22, 2016, 07:44 PM #55

Zach1 Offline

• Vehicle: 06 RAV4, ???
            • Reputation Power: 61
            • Zach1 is a rising star!Zach1 is a rising star!Zach1 is a rising star!Zach1 is a rising star!Zach1 is a rising star!Zach1 is a rising star!
            Hey no problem, I'm glad you can use it!

July 24, 2016, 02:40 PM #56

krez003 Offline

MORE CAR PARTZZZ!!!!!

Nothing big to report this time but i did buy a couple little things today. I bought a fancy black Cobb oil cap, a black Perrin alternator cover and a Perrin brake master cylinder brace.

I didnt however install install the brake brace today, seems like a project when i have a little more time on my hands. 

August 28, 2016, 09:14 AM #57

krez003 Offline

It has been a while since i did an update, or even any work on my car. But that being said i went a lil overboard this weekend.

First thing i did was install the Perrin master cylinder brace. It was suprising easy to install but installing it you'll loose your positive batterie cable brace and the fuel line brace. Not too big of a problem but i wanted to at least keep the batterie cable brace to prevent it from rubing on anything. To do so i just cut up the bracket to fit on top of the Perrin brace.

Next up is i simply replaced a exhaust gasket (the dp to mid pipe donut gasket). The leak was sooo bad and after getting to the gasket revealed that it was basically not there.

After that i took a trip down to speed factor for some brakes. I told myself i was only going to buy front pads and rotors... Well lets just say i didnt walk out with just that. I ended up with rotors (centric blanks), pads (hawk hps) for all 4 corners and steel braided brake lines. Those should be here by wednesday 2 weeks from now.

Lastly visions was having a lil' sale and i've been meaning to buy a new deck for a while. I ended up with a power acoustics double din. It nice, simple but im having a problem trying to connect my factory sub. The harness kit didn't have anywire for it. Im thinking i'll just have to wire the sub up like a aftermarket sub. So in the mean time, im subless!

August 29, 2016, 09:36 AM #58

Ctown8 Offline

• Vehicle: 2001 Forester STI 2000 Celica
                  • Reputation Power: 114
                  • Ctown8 is leading the good life!Ctown8 is leading the good life!Ctown8 is leading the good life!Ctown8 is leading the good life!Ctown8 is leading the good life!Ctown8 is leading the good life!Ctown8 is leading the good life!Ctown8 is leading the good life!Ctown8 is leading the good life!Ctown8 is leading the good life!Ctown8 is leading the good life!
                  Originally posted by krez003
                  It has been a while since i did an update, or even any work on my car. But that being said i went a lil overboard this weekend.

First thing i did was install the Perrin master cylinder brace. It was suprising easy to install but installing it you'll loose your positive batterie cable brace and the fuel line brace. Not too big of a problem but i wanted to at least keep the batterie cable brace to prevent it from rubing on anything. To do so i just cut up the bracket to fit on top of the Perrin brace.

Next up is i simply replaced a exhaust gasket (the dp to mid pipe donut gasket). The leak was sooo bad and after getting to the gasket revealed that it was basically not there.

After that i took a trip down to speed factor for some brakes. I told myself i was only going to buy front pads and rotors... Well lets just say i didnt walk out with just that. I ended up with rotors (centric blanks), pads (hawk hps) for all 4 corners and steel braided brake lines. Those should be here by wednesday 2 weeks from now.

Lastly visions was having a lil' sale and i've been meaning to buy a new deck for a while. I ended up with a power acoustics double din. It nice, simple but im having a problem trying to connect my factory sub. The harness kit didn't have anywire for it. Im thinking i'll just have to wire the sub up like a aftermarket sub. So in the mean time, im subless!

Shoulda come see me, would have had the right harness for you!
                  BAASSSSSSS
                  I work at Brian Reimer Audio on St. Marys, come in for some good deals, ask for Colin.
                  My Motto: Love thy neighbors sick nasty whip like u love thy selves dirt nasty swag machine!
                  Dont mod your cars kids. its not worth it.

August 29, 2016, 09:50 AM #59

krez003 Offline

Originally posted by Ctown8
                    Shoulda come see me, would have had the right harness for you!
                    Where are you guys?  Because i still need that harness!

Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 09:52 AM by krez003

August 29, 2016, 01:24 PM #60

Ctown8 Offline

• Ctown8 is leading the good life!Ctown8 is leading the good life!Ctown8 is leading the good life!Ctown8 is leading the good life!Ctown8 is leading the good life!Ctown8 is leading the good life!Ctown8 is leading the good life!Ctown8 is leading the good life!Ctown8 is leading the good life!Ctown8 is leading the good life!Ctown8 is leading the good life!
                      Where are you guys?  Because i still need that harness!

1053 st Marys rd, pm me vehicle info and ill double check
                      BAASSSSSSS
                      I work at Brian Reimer Audio on St. Marys, come in for some good deals, ask for Colin.
                      My Motto: Love thy neighbors sick nasty whip like u love thy selves dirt nasty swag machine!

September 08, 2016, 11:27 PM #61

krez003 Offline

Picked up my brakes today! Im hoping ill have them done saturday. I did however forget to pick up brake fluid, im sure good ol' Canadian tire will have some. And i was thinking while im in there i might as well paint the calipers black.

I have also came to a desision on what im doing with the factory "sub". Im definitly going to go with a mini amp behind the climate control switchs on the dash, amd just wire it as a aftermarket sub. If the funds let me i might pick up a 8" sub to replace the 6x9 subaru calls a sub in the factory location. That would mean busting out the dremel/grinder to make the whole bigger. Or option 2 for the sub is just to pick up a better 6x9.

September 09, 2016, 09:05 AM #62

Ctown8 Offline

Picked up my brakes today! Im hoping ill have them done saturday. I did however forget to pick up brake fluid, im sure good ol' Canadian tire will have some. And i was thinking while im in there i might as well paint the calipers black.

I have also came to a desision on what im doing with the factory "sub". Im definitly going to go with a mini amp behind the climate control switchs on the dash, amd just wire it as a aftermarket sub. If the funds let me i might pick up a 8" sub to replace the 6x9 subaru calls a sub in the factory location. That would mean busting out the dremel/grinder to make the whole bigger. Or option 2 for the sub is just to pick up a better 6x9.

Youll have a hard time finding a 6x9 sub of decent quality, might be easier to get an 8 or even a 10 if you can swing it. Just make sure the oem enclosure is tough enough to handle it. (so it wont flex)
                          BAASSSSSSS

September 10, 2016, 06:35 PM #63

krez003 Offline

Brakes are done!!! It was a little difficult because i had some very stubborn bolts but other than that it went well!

For a parts recap i installed centric blank rotors, hawk hps pads and goodrich lines. I also painted the calipers a nice gloss black and flushed the fluid.

Here are some picture of the old front and old back

And the obligatory old vs new pad picture

And here is a shot up front of the new set up (the little bit of red is just the pad grease)

Now comes the bleeding process and for whatever reason i get it wrong every time. It took me and a buddy 3 tries (all for corners) to get them done which took a solid hour before.

Lastly the bedding process. Hawk says that you should do 5-10 60kmh stops then 4 100kmh hard stops then let them cool for 15 minutes. I don't know if i took hard stops too literal but the pads were smoking by the end of it...

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

September 10, 2016, 06:39 PM #64

krez003 Offline

As for my audio, i am still undecided weather or not to go with a 8 instead of a 6x9. My sol hold back with a 8 is the fact that i have to cut the mounting point on the car. I have been getting a lot of advise from ctown on what to go with which is helping a lot!

September 11, 2016, 05:24 PM #65

krez003 Offline

There's some Techy sh*t happening here!

Finally sent in some data logs to Cobb hopefully they can help, but u think I may have figured out the misfire problem myself. From looking over the 5 pulls i did, the 3rd pull was totally different from the rest, which is where i think my misfire occurred. The other pulls were registering 11psi max at 3500rmp where as #3 only hit 5.6psi. At that same time my ignition timing was way low about 20* lower than the 11psi normal pull. Now maybe you guys know but does it make sense that boost would be affected by a bad ignition coil?

What I know is that a ignition coil could be whats causing the misfires. But is a bad coil linked to low boost...?

September 12, 2016, 10:34 AM #66

Ctown8 Offline

5 psi boost often means limp mode on subies, but it would take more than one pull to reset back to normal I think.
                                  BAASSSSSSS

September 12, 2016, 11:00 PM #67

themikewoo Offline

Location: 2537 Pembina Hwy, Winnipeg, MB R3T 2H5
                                    • Vehicle: 2006 Honda S2000
                                    • Reputation Power: 190
                                    • themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!
                                    It kind of looks like you painted the brake pad...

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

September 12, 2016, 11:07 PM #68

krez003 Offline

Originally posted by themikewoo
                                      It kind of looks like you painted the brake pad...

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
                                      Nope no paint on the pads! I have never bought Hawk pads before but i think it must be some sort of coating they put on...?

September 16, 2016, 12:55 PM #69

krez003 Offline

Audio update!

To start things off, this might not be the end of the audio upgrades, the deck i bought is apparently, well straight garbage. That's my fault though, i wanted a cheap double din touch screen and well that's what i got... Should have done my research.

Anyway, for a sub i got a 8" slim pioneer and my amp is a little single channel clarion. The reason for such a small set up is that i want it to be able to fit in the stock location and be 100% hidden.

Heres a before picture:

And here is the after:

So i would say it was a success!

To do this i needed to take apart the whole rear interior of the car, starting with the false floor.

Then to the side paneling and carpet

Once i got to this point it was pretty easy to remove the old 6x9, after that i cut the opening in the metal.

And to solve some of the inevitable rattling, i simple put some foam tape where the sub meets the metal

Then i ran the wires to the sun and  threw it in the car!

Next is the amp. This was simple, i just cut a hole in the false floor to run the wires, then ran them to the front under the door sill trim.

For the power wire i found a rubber plug on the front part of the door frame, cut a hole in the rubber, and ran the power wire up under the fender

And then in the engine bay! (its the wire loom coming from the top right of the picture)

And heres a final picture of the amp

At this point, everything should work which it did but i was smelling burning coming from the sub, obviously that's not good so pulled the fuse. I ended up bring it to Colin at brian reimer audio and he figured out that the gain on the amp was way to high. Now everything is as good as it will get for now.

September 16, 2016, 03:44 PM #70

Ctown8 Offline

Install looks good! New head unit and you'll be bumpin!
                                          BAASSSSSSS

January 08, 2017, 05:08 PM #71

krez003 Offline

So this is the final update...😭 car is up for sale if anyone is interested.

As for the misfire, after hundreds of dollars in parts and too many hours put into solving this issue it has finally been fixed. After all the work it turns out the car just doesnt like shell gas (91). After talking to a few guys they suggested that i try useing husky 92, after going through 3 tanks the misfire is gone and to top it off, it hasnt come back now for 1 whole month! Now im not saying shell is ****ty gas, its just for some reason this car doesnt like it at all!

Now im not sure if too many people followed this thread but it was nice for me to look back at the progress. And thanks to the guys who helped out along the way!

Top Tier Imports

My first "build" 2005 fxt
                                              « Reply #71 on: January 08, 2017, 05:08 PM »