Interlake Dragway Welcomes Manitoba Sport Compact EnthusiastsDate:
- Saturday June 25thCosts:
Racing: $60 paid at the entrance gate
Spectating: $10 paid at the gateBenefits:
- Two reserved staging lanes exclusively for our use! Our cars will be lined up to race other sport compact cars.
- Reserved parking area so everybody is together in the pits
- Sport Compact exclusive drivers meeting before racing starts
- Experienced drag racers on hand willing to offer one on one pointers to any of us racing that day
- Last year guys got ~15 passes eachAmenities on site:
- Concession with drinks, great food, ice cream, etc. (breakfast sandwiches are great hangover food!)
- Bleachers to spectate fromSchedule for the day:
- 8:30am Tech Opens
- 9:45am Mandatory drivers meeting for new drivers
- 10:00am Lanes open for racingSPECTATORS WELCOME AND ENCOURAGED TO COME!!
Even if you're not racing, come out and spend a day at the track with your friends, it's always a great time!
I will be on hand all day as an ambassador between Interlake Dragway and sport compact owners to answer questions or help with anything that may arise.
HUGE THANK YOU to Interlake Dragway for making this day possible! More info on Interlake Dragway is available here: http://www.interlakedragway.com/
If you have any questions, please direct them to me.
I am doing this for free, not making a penny and taking time off work (costs me money) to do this, so the easier you guys make this for me the happier I am.Vehicle Requirements
Normally, if your vehicle is safe to operate on the roads you should be good to go down the track. A few of the normal things to check are:
- Tires, suspension, brakes in good working order
- No fluid leaks
- Battery and other things under the hood securely fastened
- Snell Helmet required for faster than 14.00 seconds
- Roll bar required for faster than 11.50 seconds
- Roll bar required for convertible faster than 13.50 seconds.