Author Topic: G35 TIRE/RIM FIT?  (Read 704 times)

May 15, 2016, 01:16 PM #0

thomasmarzec Offline

• Vehicle: '04 G35 Coupe 6MT
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • thomasmarzec has no influence.
Hello all,

I have a 2004 G35 Coupe with the Brembo package. I found a set of rims, and was wondering if they would fit on my car. Normally I would test fit, but that can't be done as my car isn't safetied right now (I can't drive it)

The specifications are:
19x8 +9 - 215/35/19
19x9 +10 235/35/19
* Here is the link to the ad: http://www.kijiji.ca/v-tires-rims/winnipeg/work-euroline-dh/1162331410?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Normally people run 245/45/19 for the rear, and 225/45/19 for the front.
Any advice would be super helpful, would just like to know if they would work before I pull the trigger on them.

Thank you.

Top Tier Imports

G35 TIRE/RIM FIT?
    « on: May 15, 2016, 01:16 PM »

May 15, 2016, 01:21 PM #1

themikewoo Offline

• Vehicle: 2006 Honda S2000
    • Reputation Power: 190
    • themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!

May 15, 2016, 06:43 PM #2

firelizard Offline

• Vehicle: UZS161
    • Reputation Power: 106
    • firelizard has an aura about them.firelizard has an aura about them.firelizard has an aura about them.firelizard has an aura about them.firelizard has an aura about them.firelizard has an aura about them.firelizard has an aura about them.firelizard has an aura about them.firelizard has an aura about them.firelizard has an aura about them.
    Yes they will fit the car, but they might not clear Brembos. I think only R-disk Euroline DH will clear Z33/V35 Brembos without spacers. Maybe A-disk but I would definitely test fit, rather than cross my fingers. They are also considerably shorter than the sizes you say people normally run. I though people ran those tire sizes (225/45, 245/45) on 18" wheels, not 19", but I don't know Z/G fitment 100% off the top of my head. The sizes currently on those wheels are about right for a low stance. With those offsets, you might need to roll your fenders if you lower the car and don't intend to have a lot of camber. It'll be close, you might get away with it. Depends on the stance you choose.

May 15, 2016, 10:23 PM #3

thomasmarzec Offline

Thanks @firelizard , I will probably have to temp insure the car and then test fit to be 100% sure. I know it'll be tight as the car is already lowered. I was curious if they would fit the Brembos or not too..  :( Also, you are right that is what people run on their 18s, but my friend's G has the OEM Rays wheels, and they're also 245/45 and 225/45 for 19s as well. Thanks again man!

May 15, 2016, 11:52 PM #4

jordisonjr Offline

• Vehicle: 14/15 Endeavor New Standard 151
        • Reputation Power: 193
        • jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!
        Originally posted by Madbuzz41
        I'm not a fan of blowing for a long time anyways ; )

[Mar 31 23:03:18] Basil:Dan go outside without your pants and let your beef curtains flap around in the wind like a windsock

[Dec 11 14:00:38] alexatwork21:I

May 19, 2016, 08:46 PM #5

Winter Beater Offline

• Vehicle: 03 350Z Track Edition, 05 4 Runner, 98 GMC Shitbox
          • Reputation Power: 95
          • Winter Beater has great potential!Winter Beater has great potential!Winter Beater has great potential!Winter Beater has great potential!Winter Beater has great potential!Winter Beater has great potential!Winter Beater has great potential!Winter Beater has great potential!Winter Beater has great potential!
          Those are way narrow I wouldn't even bother for a Z/G, it'll look like it missed leg day.

You want like a 9.5-10" front and 10.5-11" rear minimum or it will look awkward.

The tires they come with too are also way too small.

May 19, 2016, 09:17 PM #6

firelizard Offline

• firelizard has an aura about them.firelizard has an aura about them.firelizard has an aura about them.firelizard has an aura about them.firelizard has an aura about them.firelizard has an aura about them.firelizard has an aura about them.firelizard has an aura about them.firelizard has an aura about them.firelizard has an aura about them.

Same tire sizes, but on wider and much more aggressive wheels. They're not a huge amount shorter than what people are running on low static though, 225 to 255 sect. width with 35 profile.  That said, there are definitely better looking choices than those Eurolines, in terms of specs and style. Al is right that they're a lot narrower than what you could be using; the Z/G have a lot of room in their pants. 9 or 9.5 in the front, 10 to 11 in the rear with offsets mid-20s and lower (like, all the way into the negatives), on G35 coupes. You just need to decide how much camber you're willing to have and how much stretch you want to use to clear your fenders. Once you start tucking tire without air suspension, it becomes a game of millimeters to retain steering angle without mashing up your fenders.
            Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 09:27 PM by firelizard

May 20, 2016, 01:07 AM #7

thomasmarzec Offline

Thanks again @firelizard and @Winter Beater. Honestly I think the Eurolines are absolutely gorgeous on the car, but I thought those tires would look weird.. It's okay, I actually bought 19" OEM Rays for the G35, so I'll be running 245/40/19 in the front and 225/40/19 in the front. Cheers guys.

May 20, 2016, 01:32 AM #8

firelizard Offline

Eurolines can look great, don't get me wrong. Those sizes are weak though, for a G/Z, like Al said. Euroline DH is a wheel that really looks dope with a lot of dish on newer cars (or less, on a 90s period style build with the right stance)

Good choice on the OE Rays though, they're a better wheel anyways.

May 21, 2016, 07:24 AM #9

Madbuzz41 Offline

• Vehicle: Fiat 500 Sport
                  • Reputation Power: 10
                  • Madbuzz41 has no influence.
                  Put some 265s up front and 305s in the rear. That'll look sweeet :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Tier Imports

G35 TIRE/RIM FIT?
                    « Reply #9 on: May 21, 2016, 07:24 AM »