Author Topic: 2008 #StreetFocus  (Read 1837 times)

May 16, 2016, 04:49 PM #0

#StreetFocus Offline

• Vehicle: 1974 Ford Maverick
  • Reputation Power: 84
  • #StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.
Re-organizing this. Was in a hurry when I made it, it was messy.

Specs:
2008 Ford Focus SE Coupe
2.0 Duratec, 143 HP 136 FT-LBS
5 Speed manual (only way to go!)

Mods:
17" OEM ford wheels of a 2009+ SES focus
Eibach Lowering springs
JL Sub + Pioneer Amp
Blacked out grill
Red Nightshaded Taillights
Shorty Antenna

Mods to come:
FSwerks Stealth Exhaust
35% rear tint, 50% front tint
Powdercoat 17" wheels (over winter)
Eibach Swaybars front and rear (have, but not installed)
retrofit projector headlights (waiting for mini D2S v4.0 to be released)
Poly Rear engine mount
Possibly Intake
Possibly an engine cover

ok onto some pictures and quick info on each.

First day after owning car. How I picked it up.

How the car sits now.

painting the chrome away on the taillights using red Nightshades.

I had to change for the front struts to make the 06-07 springs work in my 08. basically just the spring seat. but I put in new upper mounts as well because why not. They're out of the car, good time to replace them. you can see the 06-07 seat on the left, and the stock 08 on the right.

and how she sits after lowering, much better.

and finally the most recent thing I've done, was to de-badge/sticker the rear of the car.

This thread is just a place to keep things organized basically. Don't expect anything crazy to happen to this thing, It's a low budget "do things when I can" type of car. It's main purpose is commuting.
Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 03:22 PM by #StreetFocus

Top Tier Imports

2008 #StreetFocus
    « on: May 16, 2016, 04:49 PM »

May 16, 2016, 07:11 PM #1

#StreetFocus Offline

• #StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.
    For exhaust I was thinking about going with something like this. It's not overly loud but has a half decent sound to it in my opinion. Only issue is they use 2 "straight through" mufflers. Which according to MPI's rules is a no no. So I'm not sure if I'll go that route or not.

May 17, 2016, 03:44 PM #2

#StreetFocus Offline

Some pics of the possible future mods.

Kind of like the look of the engine bay with this little cover in there. Dunno why.

Still not sure on the exhaust. This is what's in the video above. Sound is good but like I said their straight through which apparently is a no-no

and possibly a steeda intake. For noise. had one on my old focus and enjoyed it. I would get one like pictured in the first picture, but with being lowered I'm a bit worried about it sucking up water when it's raining heavy. I'll have to see how far down it actually sits.

May 24, 2016, 03:04 PM #3

#StreetFocus Offline

Alright so I blew a tire on the 17's so I'm rolling on the steelies for now.

I have two options. Buy new tires for the 17's and toss them back on for the summer and run those.

OR, run the summers I have for the 15" steelies this summer, and use the money I would have used for 17" tires, and get my 17's powder coated a dark bronzy/brown color.

Leaning towards just running steelies and getting powdercoat. But that means I wont run the 17's till next summer. Ah the decisions.

May 24, 2016, 03:46 PM #4

Christian Offline

• Vehicle: 13 Civic
          • Reputation Power: 46
          • Christian might someday be someone...Christian might someday be someone...Christian might someday be someone...Christian might someday be someone...
          i found a set of 215/45/17 for 200 on honda market i bet you could get for less if you want cheap tires, they're oem 12-13 civic si tires. they aren't the best but should do the trick!

May 24, 2016, 04:07 PM #5

#StreetFocus Offline

Originally posted by Christian
            i found a set of 215/45/17 for 200 on honda market i bet you could get for less if you want cheap tires, they're oem 12-13 civic si tires. they aren't the best but should do the trick!

I wouldn't be against that! Is that on facebook though?

May 24, 2016, 04:23 PM #6

Christian Offline

• Vehicle: 13 Civic
              • Reputation Power: 46
              • Christian might someday be someone...Christian might someday be someone...Christian might someday be someone...Christian might someday be someone...
              Originally posted by #StreetFocus
              I wouldn't be against that! Is that on facebook though?
              Correct, 204 Honda market

May 24, 2016, 04:28 PM #7

agzii Offline

• Vehicle: '04 Chevrolet Venture
                • Reputation Power: 23
                • agzii barely matters.agzii barely matters.
                Car looks good man! Any plans for your interiors?

May 24, 2016, 04:33 PM #8

#StreetFocus Offline

Originally posted by Christian
                  Correct, 204 Honda market

Ah, I may re-activate my account and go check it out then

Originally posted by agzii
                  Car looks good man! Any plans for your interiors?

Thanks, It's..... an okay looking car haha. Paint is kinda rough and it's just a focus but eh, it works.
                  Interior, not a ton of plans. Already have the sun/amp in the trunk. May do door speakers to improve the sound a bit more. Still have to install my dash cam too. Planning on leaving the stock stereo in as it doesn't look horrible IMO.

I do want to do a steeda short shifter though. Stock shifter is stupid tall. it's hilarious really. Just wanting the crappy dollar rate to go up a bit before I order one.

(image off google)

May 29, 2016, 10:04 PM #9

#StreetFocus Offline

Well decided to just run my steel wheels and the summer tires for my 15's this summer. But I wasn't gonna run them with their surface rust/black color. So I sanded em down and shot em with some white. Tires getting mounted tomorrow and there we go.

Not ideal, but hey, it works.

May 30, 2016, 04:12 PM #10

#StreetFocus Offline

got the tires mounted and balanced, and here we go! Saved myself the cost of buying new tires for my 17's and now i can just get those 17's powdercoated and all nice for next summer.

June 03, 2016, 06:17 PM #11

#StreetFocus Offline

Today I have adorned the Street Focus with a TTI Decal!

January 14, 2017, 08:11 PM #12

#StreetFocus Offline

Had these sway bars sitting around from when I got my lowering springs. Finally installed the rear one. Didn't do the front because too much work for 1mm increase in size. Not worth.

Can really tell a difference.

Then I rednecked my exhaust. Cut out the resonator and replaced it with flexible exhaust. Don't expect it to last long, just long enough to get an actual exhaust system lol. Little better sound.

Aaaaaand a few nights ago I got carried away busting drifts on the highway and cracked my bumper. Fixed it today too lol.

January 14, 2017, 08:55 PM #13

Shier Offline

• Vehicle: 2012 STI -- RIP 2011 Genesis Coupe
                            • Reputation Power: 56
                            • Shier is on the verge of being accepted.Shier is on the verge of being accepted.Shier is on the verge of being accepted.Shier is on the verge of being accepted.Shier is on the verge of being accepted.
                            Disappointed at lack of zip tie stitches.
                            It will never have enough power until I can spin all four wheels at the end of the straightaway in high gear.

January 14, 2017, 09:03 PM #14

#StreetFocus Offline

I am too. But there was no way to get behind there the thread them through without taking the whole bumper off. Not something I felt like doing lol.

January 16, 2017, 08:52 AM #15

jordisonjr Offline

• Vehicle: 14/15 Endeavor New Standard 151
                                • Reputation Power: 205
                                • jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!
                                Is that a dryer hose? Dishwasher hose? lol
                                Originally posted by Madbuzz41
                                I'm not a fan of blowing for a long time anyways ; )

[Mar 31 23:03:18] Basil:Dan go outside without your pants and let your beef curtains flap around in the wind like a windsock

[Dec 11 14:00:38] alexatwork21:I

January 16, 2017, 09:07 AM #16

dan Offline

• Reputation Power: 9
                                  • dan has no influence.
                                  Originally posted by jordisonjr
                                  its actually flex tubing for exhaust.   Not supposed to be used like this... but he did say it was temporary.

January 16, 2017, 11:01 AM #17

#StreetFocus Offline

Originally posted by jordisonjr

lol no im not THAT much of a redneck. It's what dan said. flexible exhaust. like $10 at Canadian tire lol.

Originally posted by dan
                                    its actually flex tubing for exhaust.   Not supposed to be used like this... but he did say it was temporary.

yes. very temporary. 2-3 months at most. probably only a month. Just wanted to see what it would sound like. getting an actual exhaust system soon.

January 16, 2017, 11:21 AM #18

#StreetFocus Offline

oh yeah and im finally getting around to having my 17" wheels re-done. talking to Leland at Ion coating and he's got some samples coming my way so I can pick a color then get things going.

these are the colors im getting samples of.

from pictures though I'm leaning towards #2 or #3.

January 16, 2017, 11:43 AM #19

jordisonjr Offline

• Vehicle: 14/15 Endeavor New Standard 151
                                        • Reputation Power: 205
                                        • jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!
                                        Originally posted by Madbuzz41
                                        I'm not a fan of blowing for a long time anyways ; )

[Mar 31 23:03:18] Basil:Dan go outside without your pants and let your beef curtains flap around in the wind like a windsock

[Dec 11 14:00:38] alexatwork21:I

January 16, 2017, 11:48 AM #20

#StreetFocus Offline

I thought about that one but idk. It might be too dark imo. I don't want the wheels to dissapear.

i did this little photoshop of a lighter gold-ish color and I kinda dig it.

January 16, 2017, 06:31 PM #21

Madbuzz41 Offline

• Vehicle: Fiat 500 Sport
                                            • Reputation Power: 10
                                            • Madbuzz41 has no influence.
                                            No. #1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

January 16, 2017, 07:18 PM #22

MarvinM10 Offline

• Vehicle: 2010 Mazdaspeed3
                                              • Reputation Power: 27
                                              • MarvinM10 barely matters.MarvinM10 barely matters.
                                              Laziness breeds efficiency

January 17, 2017, 09:06 AM #23

Ctown8 Offline

• Vehicle: 2001 Forester STI 2000 Celica
                                                • Reputation Power: 120
                                                • Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!
                                                I kinda like the dark gold/bronze of #1 as well
                                                BAASSSSSSS
                                                I work at Brian Reimer Audio on St. Marys, come in for some good deals, ask for Colin.
                                                My Motto: Love thy neighbors sick nasty whip like u love thy selves dirt nasty swag machine!
                                                Dont mod your cars kids. its not worth it.

January 26, 2017, 03:23 PM #24

#StreetFocus Offline

got my powdercoat color samples in today.

I'm leaning towards the one on the right, or the one on the left.

I'll be doing a "casper clear" which changes the color slightly, these are what they look like with the clear.

The one on the right is "Edgemont Gold"

the one on the left is "highland Bronze"

Top Tier Imports

2008 #StreetFocus
                                                    « Reply #24 on: January 26, 2017, 03:23 PM »