Author Topic: Auxiliadora 1981 Honda CB750K Build  (Read 3705 times)

July 03, 2016, 07:38 PM #25

ACiFiC Offline

• Vehicle: x2 Eunos
  • Reputation Power: 85
  • ACiFiC is a force to reckon with.ACiFiC is a force to reckon with.ACiFiC is a force to reckon with.ACiFiC is a force to reckon with.ACiFiC is a force to reckon with.ACiFiC is a force to reckon with.ACiFiC is a force to reckon with.ACiFiC is a force to reckon with.
I'm sick of waiting
Originally posted by Winter Beater
If a car is shows that a solid effort was made, and the car is reasonably well executed I can respect that. Even if it's not my cup of tea..

Top Tier Imports

Auxiliadora 1981 Honda CB750K Build
    « Reply #25 on: July 03, 2016, 07:38 PM »

July 04, 2016, 11:13 AM #26

Matthew Offline

• Vehicle: '92 EH3, '05 Ranger, '00 Silverado, '00 EX250
    • Reputation Power: 82
    • Matthew is a force to reckon with.Matthew is a force to reckon with.Matthew is a force to reckon with.Matthew is a force to reckon with.Matthew is a force to reckon with.Matthew is a force to reckon with.Matthew is a force to reckon with.Matthew is a force to reckon with.
    scrub
    EH3 in the making.

[May 26 14:52:31] ACiFiC:matt u r so cute i wish u were under my covers :3 :3 :3 :3 xoxo

Been someones avatar count: 7

July 17, 2016, 02:35 PM #27

PRIME Offline

• Reputation Power: 11
      • PRIME has no influence.
      Update time.

So, got my new carb boots in a while ago but just didn't have the time to install them up until now. So I removed the old boots and compared them to the new ones. Turns out (or so I at least believe) the boots that were on the bike were wrong. When comparing the old boots to the new boots, the news boots were a lot longer in length making it easier for the carbs to be installed. I also attempted to seal off 2 vacuum lines on the carbs with a bolt and some silicon. Then started her and she seemed to run great! However the bike is still ****ing dying on its own. So I'm going to install the air box and attempt to tune the carbs to see if she'll stay on/run a bit better. Should have an update a little later today!
      PRIMEWORKS

[Apr 23 13:46:52] ACiFiC:ill suck your dick ryan
      [May 15 23:40:54] ACiFiC:fuk me ryan

http://www.flickr.com/photos/99137668@N02/
      https://www.facebook.com/pages/Primeworks/386662778053081

Avaliable for photoshoots, PM or email for details!

Ryanjaycee@hotmail.com

July 17, 2016, 06:17 PM #28

PRIME Offline

So I installed the air box, turned her on, and nothing has really changed. Still wont idle on it's own and I noticed that the bike seemed to sound funny so i decided to touch the pipes to make sure each cylinder was firing and go figure that the pipe for cylinder #2 wasn't that hot yet all the other pipes were. So at this point I'm gonna have to do some reading and figure out what the **** is going on. #oldbikeproblems  :'( :'( :'( :'(

Turns out the plug for cylinder #2 needs to be replaced as its not getting a spark. Not sure how that happens when the plug is basically new but oh well.
        Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 07:22 PM by PRIME
        PRIMEWORKS

Ryanjaycee@hotmail.com

January 03, 2017, 11:50 AM #29

PRIME Offline

OK it's been a while I think it's time for an update lol.

Since last writing in this thread I believe I was having trouble with getting the bike to run properly due to some carb issues. Since then quite a bit has been figured out/done.

The first thing I ended up doing since the last post was replace the bike with some cheaper plugs due to the iridum plugs I had always fowling due to tuning the carbs to run properly and my lack of experience lol. After doing so I actually manged to get the bike to run properly and found that I was letting the bike run WAY to rich causing the fowling of the plugs. Once the tuning was figured out the bike ran like a dream. So, before I ran into anymore issues I scheduled it to get a safety at Capitol Motorsports on St. Anne's. During the safety it failed due to the throttle tube not operating properly (felt as if there was a bunch of dirt/sand in it causing it not to turn smoothly). Luckily I had ordered a new throttle tube due to that exact reason and the guys down at Capitol were cool enough to let me work on the bike in the back quickly, get the part replaced, and then I was golden and passed the safety. Sadly I didn't stay golden for to long as a day or two later when taking the bike for a little ride up and down my back lane one of the carb floats decided to stick and when that happens fuel will pour out of that carb constantly, both being a waste of money/safety concern. Not wanting to deal with the problem right away I decided that would be the point where I would start to completely disassemble the bike to get it ready for its final form.

And that's basically where the progress with the bike has since been left. I got the bike down to its bare frame almost being before the winter came and I've since neglected to work on it cause I don't want to freeze in my garage. At this point I want to insure it for the shortest amount of time possible so I can actually have plates for it and make it easier to insure in the summer once it's done. The next thing on the job list once the weather starts to warm up is to pull the engine, rebuild it (hopefully, otherwise just replace some gaskets), Get the frame stripped of paint, modify the frame a little by adding the frame loop (which I ended up already getting) and shaving some stuff off to make it look a bit cleaner/make it easier for me to tuck wiring, get a seat cowl/pan fabricated (which I'm still looking for someone to do. As of right now Speed factor might be doing it), Powder coat the frame, put it all back together, and she'll hopefully be done. There are a couple of other small things that need to be ordered but other then that she should be done this summer as long as I have the spare money to do so.

In the case I do decide to work on the bike (which I probably will) expect more updates soon! Until then I'll leave you with this picture of the almost bare naked lady.

Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 01:21 PM by PRIME
          PRIMEWORKS

Ryanjaycee@hotmail.com

January 03, 2017, 03:33 PM #30

#StreetFocus Offline

• Vehicle: 1974 Ford Maverick
            • #StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.
            more more more!

January 06, 2017, 05:28 PM #31

ACiFiC Offline

• Vehicle: x2 Eunos
              • Reputation Power: 85
              • ACiFiC is a force to reckon with.ACiFiC is a force to reckon with.ACiFiC is a force to reckon with.ACiFiC is a force to reckon with.ACiFiC is a force to reckon with.ACiFiC is a force to reckon with.ACiFiC is a force to reckon with.ACiFiC is a force to reckon with.
              Dats nice
              Originally posted by Winter Beater
              If a car is shows that a solid effort was made, and the car is reasonably well executed I can respect that. Even if it's not my cup of tea..

March 10, 2017, 01:21 PM #32

Murphenur Offline

• Vehicle: 2007 Audi S6
                • Reputation Power: 15
                • Murphenur has no influence.
                hack that frame already!
                1995 Mercedes E320 Wagon

2007 Audi S6

1959 Mercedes Benz 180D

1980 Honda CX 500 Cafe

Sponsored by your mom and dad

scrapesloths

March 12, 2017, 12:34 PM #33

PRIME Offline

Originally posted by Murphenur
                  hack that frame already!

ME LAZY! Just waiting for the warmer weather then the engine is coming out. Then it will be time to chop the frame to add the rear loop and hidden electronics box.
                  PRIMEWORKS

Ryanjaycee@hotmail.com

March 21, 2017, 12:23 PM #34

Matthew Offline

• Matthew is a force to reckon with.Matthew is a force to reckon with.Matthew is a force to reckon with.Matthew is a force to reckon with.Matthew is a force to reckon with.Matthew is a force to reckon with.Matthew is a force to reckon with.Matthew is a force to reckon with.
                    Originally posted by PRIME
                    ME LAZY! Just waiting for the warmer weather then the engine is coming out. Then it will be time to chop the frame to add the rear loop and hidden electronics box.

I've heard a lot about this rear loop.... wonder if it'll ever happen.

@ACiFiC what u think?
                    EH3 in the making.

[May 26 14:52:31] ACiFiC:matt u r so cute i wish u were under my covers :3 :3 :3 :3 xoxo

March 30, 2017, 10:30 PM #35

PRIME Offline

Update

:

Alright its been a while sue me. Since I last posted a couple of things have happened.

I finally got the bike a plate which was waaaaaaaaaay harder then it needed to be. To keep it brief, I attempted to get the bike insured roughly 4 times, constantly got turned away because the bike hadn't been insured for years and the clerks didn't seem to know what to do so they just kept turning me away. Just when i was about to I remembered my friend Chris worked for HUB at one point. So I explained the situation to him and he came down to a local hub with me to basically walk the clerk through what to do. Low and behold once that happened I got my plates. I don't know why it was a pain but it just was. Regardless I got a plate.

Today I decided to do the final tear down and completely strip the bike down to the frame. So as of right now the bike looks like this

The current things on the to do list are:

- Cut rear frame
                      - Fabricate rear cowl from sheet metal (My friend Matt who is in engineering with me at the U of M is going to be helping me fab this  :banana: )
                      - Weld on rear loop
                      - Buy Motogadget M blaze pin's for rear turn signals
                      - Buy a LED strip to act as my stop light that will be integrated into the rear cowl (Look at picture below for reference)
                      - Buy any small bits like bearings or bushing in the case they are needed once I fully inspect everything
                      - Get seat made (I'm either going with a leather or alcantara)
                      - Powder coat the frame and swing arm
                      - Install all the parts
                      - Rideeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
                      - Whatever I missed lol

Motivation

I'm determined to finish this bish.
                      Ryan signing out

Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 08:44 AM by PRIME
                      PRIMEWORKS

Ryanjaycee@hotmail.com

April 04, 2017, 07:57 PM #36

PRIME Offline

Tomorrow I'll be bringing my frame over to my friend Matt's house for us to start modifying the frame (fab cowl and weld loop) and shaving off any unnecessary bit's. Unlikely that everything is going to be done in one day however. In the mean time I figured I'd work on the wheels just to get some things out of the way.

The first thing I wanted to do was make sure that the wheel bearings were still in good condition, which thankfully they were. So I decided Id clean the wheels up as they were full of old dirt/grease and prep them for some polishing (I didn't end up polishing them cause I didn't realize how big of a pain it was actually going to be. Ill polish the wheels to a mirror finish when the bike is in it's final assembly.)

Note: I'm trying to make the journal more picture heavy but some times forget to take my phone out before I get to work, soooooo you'll only be seeing pictures of the rear wheel as I forgot to take pictures of the front wheel but it was the same process. Rinse, degrease, clean with mineral spirits/ use brake clean and clean small sports by hand with a cloth.

BEFORE

Note the disgusting grease ^^^^^^... Don't worry i repacked it with new grease   :mo:

AFTER[/b][/u]

Till next time

Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 09:23 AM by PRIME
                        PRIMEWORKS

Ryanjaycee@hotmail.com

April 04, 2017, 11:17 PM #37

Igor Offline

• Vehicle: 2014 Subaru WRX STI Sport Tech
                          • Reputation Power: 245
                          • Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!
                          Wow so clean

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          2000 Acura Integra GSR - Sold
                          2014 Subaru WRX STI Sport Tech

April 28, 2017, 02:51 AM #38

PRIME Offline

Oh hello

So since last posting quite a lot of work has been done. My friend Matt and myself went about installing the rear frame loop and have fabricated the cowl :banana: . The process of installing the loop and fabricating the cowl was a first for both of us and definitely wasn't an easy one, but the final result  was exactly what I was looking for. Hand made, hand crafted components made from raw material. I'm not going to be posting any pictures regarding the frame work now as we still aren't done yet but once we are I'll make sure to post about it.

(You after reading that last line)

What I'm here to post about is what else I've done. Which isn't much because I've just come back from a trip to Orlando ( :'( GIVE ME BACK THAT WARM WEATHER  :'( ). But I've basically gone about completely rebuilding/refreshing the front forks.

Front Forks

Forks before being lowered

Forks after being lowered

Might be hard to see the difference in the pictures but I lowered the forks 3 inch's. Some might say that's a lot but this bike is going to be more form oriented and be more of a cruiser then anything. If I wanted a performance oriented bike I would just get an S1000RR or something. Lowering the forks in general was pretty easy though.

The process was essentially as follows:

1. Drain fork oil
                            2. Remove bolt at the bottom of each fork
                            3. Remove dust seal at top of fork housing
                            4. Remove locking clip with washer
                            5. Using force, slide bottom housing of forks like a hammer
                            6. TADAAAAA Forks are apart
                            7. Undo top part of forks to release spring
                            8. Cut spring to remove length that you want (In my case 3 inch's)
                            9. Add a spacer of removed length to prevent bottoming out
                            10. Replace anything that could wear aka new seals
                            11. reassemble, add new oil (Recommended oil for this bike was 10W-40 but i decided to go with a straight 30 weight oil as it's stiffer and will help with preventing any bottoming out.)

The following pictures show the process roughly.

Dirty old oil

One of the forks had a rusted/worn bolt on it that was stripping and I really didn't want to reinstall it so I ordered a new one. (New on left, Old on right)

Dust seal, locking clip, and washer

Hammer slide action to reveal the good stuff aka the fork seal

Forks completely apart

Spacers were made from a 3/4'' piping that were ground and wire brushed on a bench grinder

Cut springs. I made sure to grind down and make the cut end of the spring as smooth as possible on the bench grinder

Forks with spacers

Then put it all back together.

Last thing needed to be done to the forks in polishing, but that will be done on final assembly of the bike

Till next time m8's :slezak:

PRIMEWORKS

Ryanjaycee@hotmail.com

April 28, 2017, 09:55 AM #39

Murphenur Offline

• Vehicle: 2007 Audi S6
                              • Reputation Power: 15
                              • Murphenur has no influence.
                              Just looking at that oil makes me gag... lol.  If you've ever caught a whiff of 30+ yr old fork oil... you know what I'm saying.
                              1995 Mercedes E320 Wagon

2007 Audi S6

1959 Mercedes Benz 180D

1980 Honda CX 500 Cafe

Sponsored by your mom and dad

scrapesloths

April 28, 2017, 10:32 AM #40

PRIME Offline

Originally posted by Murphenur
                                Just looking at that oil makes me gag... lol.  If you've ever caught a whiff of 30+ yr old fork oil... you know what I'm saying.

Yaaaaaaa the oil had me making this face when the smell hit me lmao

PRIMEWORKS

Ryanjaycee@hotmail.com

April 28, 2017, 11:09 AM #41

Ctown8 Offline

• Vehicle: 2001 Forester STI 2000 Celica
                                  • Reputation Power: 120
                                  • Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!
                                  is that like old trans oil but worse?
                                  BAASSSSSSS
                                  I work at Brian Reimer Audio on St. Marys, come in for some good deals, ask for Colin.
                                  My Motto: Love thy neighbors sick nasty whip like u love thy selves dirt nasty swag machine!
                                  Dont mod your cars kids. its not worth it.

April 29, 2017, 12:55 AM #42

PRIME Offline

Originally posted by Ctown8
                                    is that like old trans oil but worse?

I thankfully have never had to smell old tranny fluid so I couldn't confirm nor deny if either is worse... and I don't think I'd ever want to know ahaha
                                    PRIMEWORKS

Ryanjaycee@hotmail.com

May 03, 2017, 06:03 PM #43

PRIME Offline

I'M BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK

Here's some music to play while you read. Recently discovered Logic after a viral video of him waking his wife up to couple of musicians playing the Curb Your Enthusiasm theme song.

So not much of an update regarding anything major (aka the frame or engine) but those will be coming soon hopefully as I don't have anything else to be working on after this update.

So what the hell am I here to talk about? Refreshing/rebuilding/repainting the front brake caliper and lower portion of the triple tree. But I'm not going to bother typing anymore just go ahead and look.

Brake Caliper

Basic run down of what I did

1. Used a bench grinder with a wire wheel to remove all the paint and got into the tight spots with a drill bit wire wheel
                                      2. Cleaned the bare metal with acetone
                                      3. Painted using high temp black paint
                                      4. Cleared with high temp paint
                                      5. Heat treated the paint by baking it in the oven at 200 F for an hour
                                      6. Rebuilt/greased

SO NICE AND NEW  :banana:

Lower Triple Tree

Basic run down of what I did

1. Used a bench grinder with a wire wheel to remove all the paint and got into the tight spots with a drill bit wire wheel
                                      2. Cleaned the bare metal with acetone
                                      3. Primed
                                      4. Painted using black paint
                                      5. Cleared

Also got this in the mail recently heheh

It's contents will be shown in the future, although you could probably just look up what it is to lmao.

Anyway till next time!

PRIMEWORKS

Ryanjaycee@hotmail.com

May 05, 2017, 10:18 AM #44

Matthew Offline

Nice progress boo. You gunna finish it this year?
                                        EH3 in the making.

May 05, 2017, 07:49 PM #45

PRIME Offline

Originally posted by Matthew
                                          Nice progress boo. You gunna finish it this year?
                                          Yeee bb gurl! Hoping to have it done for the end of the month! Then we can ride or die together. I miss u

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
                                          Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 08:49 PM by PRIME
                                          PRIMEWORKS

Ryanjaycee@hotmail.com

May 07, 2017, 11:46 PM #46

PRIME Offline

I'm back

So today was the first day in a while that I had nothing to do other then work on the bike so I decided I'd tackle probably the biggest challenge aka the engine. The reason why I find this to be the biggest challenge is simply because I've never fully disassembled a bike engine let alone touched one until I purchased the bike. Taking the engine apart and neatly organising every little piece isn't hard, but putting everything back together and making sure everything is timed properly is my biggest concern. Thankfully I'm following a service manual I have for the bike that shows the steps for both taking apart and reassembling the engine but again timing and this being the first time I've done this will make for an interesting experience that I'm sure will be sending me to forums a lot to read as I go. Nevertheless, witness the heart of this project be stripped.

Engine

Side covers off

Intake valves

The intake valves don't appear to be in bad shape at all but being the perfectionist that I am I'll probably attempt to clean it or send it to a machine shop for cleaning.

Valve cover off

Intake and Exhaust camshaft's removed

The shims appeared to be in great condition with no signs of wear

My OCD is going crazy inside looking at these pictures

This is how I finished today off. I could have gotten more taken apart but this is where I figured I'd have to think about going further or not. The bike has less then 6500 km's on it and i really wanted to take it apart to reseal it and refinish the paint which is something I can do in it's current state. So I'll be seeing what I decide to do. Also wondering if I should be ordering any new parts to replace while in there but I'm not sure at this point.

Pistons

Till next time

PRIMEWORKS

Ryanjaycee@hotmail.com

May 14, 2017, 02:18 AM #47

PRIME Offline

Not really much of an update today but I did remove the valves from the cylinder head to prep for cleaning.

At this point I'm waiting to call a local machine shop to see how much it would be to clean the head and reinstall/check everything. Ideally I'd like to go that route so that it saves me some work but if not I'll likely go the route of just wire brushing the valves and cleaning the intake and exhaust port with oven cleaner.

The current to do list as of right now:

-Strip remaining paint from engine (need to buy more paint stripper)
                                              -paint engine (need to buy paint, going with stock colour from factory)
                                              -reseal engine
                                              -reassemble engine
                                              -finish frame (cowl and electronics box)
                                              -powder coat frame
                                              -wiring diagram
                                              -order new battery and m blaze pin when funds allow me to
                                              -get seat made
                                              -install and ride

PRIMEWORKS

Ryanjaycee@hotmail.com

May 28, 2017, 11:55 AM #48

PRIME Offline

Brief update

polished the valves the other day

Before

After

Only thing left for the head is to strip a bit more old paint, re paint with new paint, polish ports, lap valves, and reassemble.

Cleaned the tops of the pistons of carbon build up

Got new rings in to install as well when I'm resealing everything

Painted the valve cover. If you remember it was that horrible chipping black paint and now it looks like the following

This will be the colour for the rest of the engine.

Lastly I put the front end back together for the most part. Yes it's low, yes there is little to no suspension travel, and yes I will be avoiding every single pot hole. I'm going to be moving the triple tree as high as I can but it'll still be low which is why I installed those bump stops and filled the forks with a much thicker fork oil. #bootybandit

Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 11:58 AM by PRIME
                                                PRIMEWORKS

Ryanjaycee@hotmail.com

May 29, 2017, 10:01 AM #49

Ctown8 Offline

• Vehicle: 2001 Forester STI 2000 Celica
                                                  • Reputation Power: 120
                                                  • Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!
                                                  Looks cool, great job cleaning up that valve cover, looks like new again! I wanna see this thing get assembled already though
                                                  BAASSSSSSS
                                                  I work at Brian Reimer Audio on St. Marys, come in for some good deals, ask for Colin.
                                                  My Motto: Love thy neighbors sick nasty whip like u love thy selves dirt nasty swag machine!
                                                  Dont mod your cars kids. its not worth it.

Top Tier Imports

Auxiliadora 1981 Honda CB750K Build
                                                    « Reply #49 on: May 29, 2017, 10:01 AM »