Author Topic: Wheel re-finishing  (Read 338 times)

June 06, 2016, 04:31 PM #0

dan Offline

• Reputation Power: 11
  • dan has no influence.
Hey everyone,

So I'm having a little bit of an issue with a wheel, the facing got damaged after it was dropped on pavement.   The face needs to be sanded/painted.

the wheels are an 18x8 +40 Enkei M52 in hyper Black (this is not black, it looks more like a silver with a black underlay.)

Either way the wheel needs to be finished.   Wheel works says they wouldn't be able to do it.   Anyone ever heard of Wheel-Fit-it, how have they done for colors like this?

Looking for some input on the matter.

Thanks!

Top Tier Imports

Wheel re-finishing
    « on: June 06, 2016, 04:31 PM »

June 06, 2016, 05:57 PM #1

Lou Offline

• Vehicle: E90 BMW 328i
    • Reputation Power: 29
    • Lou barely matters.Lou barely matters.
    I've never heard of Wheel-Fit-It but there's also Ultimate Wheel which I'm pretty sure is on Logan Ave.

I would consider just purchasing a new wheel if you are worried about the finish not matching. In my experience the average wheel refinishing costs around $100-$150 and since it seems your wheels' finish may be difficult to reproduce lets just assume $150. If you had them refinished for $150 and weren't happy with the result you could possibly spend another $150 to try again, with the same potential result. This brings you to $300.

An Enkei M52 in the specs you listed is $286.99 CAD from 1010 Tires (http://www.1010tires.com/Wheels/Enkei/M52/Painted/Hyper+Black) plus tax and shipping. Granted you would need to have it mounted and balanced which would be an additional cost but it would leave you with a spare wheel if you were to accidentally damage another one to the point where it was not functional.

Again I'm only suggesting this as an option but given the tricky finish it may be something to consider.

Edit: Just checked and with shipping to Winnipeg and tax is $328.69
    Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 06:03 PM by Lou

June 07, 2016, 09:34 AM #2

dan Offline

• Reputation Power: 11
      • dan has no influence.
      Very good points Louis.  Thanks for the response.    Speed factor can actually get me another wheel cheaper then 1010tire, so I will use them as they are a local source which id rather support.   

I had already thought about going this route, but I figured if I could get it done right the first time it would be awesome.   Knowing that this color might be on the hard side to match up is what worries me. 

I'll just fork out the cash for another wheel and have a backup spare in case something happens.

Thanks Louis!

Top Tier Imports

Wheel re-finishing
        « Reply #2 on: June 07, 2016, 09:34 AM »