Author Topic: Canada post strike  (Read 1255 times)

June 16, 2016, 07:41 PM #0

dan Offline

• Reputation Power: 10
  • dan has no influence.
Looks like those monkeys are at it again....

http://globalnews.ca/news/2767191/province-to-distribute-mail-during-potential-canada-post-strike/

Don't ship anything canada post.  Hopefully this doesn't happen, but seems like its somewhat inevitable.

Quote (selected)

The province is gearing up for a potential strike by Canada Post.

In a media release sent Thursday afternoon, the province said, “In anticipation of a potential postal strike, the Manitoba government has arranged for government cheques and other essential mail to be available for pickup beginning Monday, June 20.”

Canada Post and the Canadian Union of Postal Workers – the union representing more than 50,000 postal workers – are the midst of intensive contract negotiations. Canada Post filed for conciliation in early April, but negotiators have made little movement towards a new collective agreement.

RELATED: Postal union expects Liberals to stay out of any labour dispute at Canada Post

About 6,000 rural postal workers have been without a contract since the end of December; the 48,000 or so urban workers have been without a contract since the end of January.

With files from the Canadian Press

Top Tier Imports

Canada post strike
    « on: June 16, 2016, 07:41 PM »

June 16, 2016, 08:13 PM #1

#StreetFocus Offline

• Vehicle: 1974 Ford Maverick
    • Reputation Power: 93
    • #StreetFocus has great potential!#StreetFocus has great potential!#StreetFocus has great potential!#StreetFocus has great potential!#StreetFocus has great potential!#StreetFocus has great potential!#StreetFocus has great potential!#StreetFocus has great potential!#StreetFocus has great potential!
    hopefully my item gets to me before they say "fu** you" scheduled to arrive june 20.

June 16, 2016, 11:58 PM #2

Shier Offline

• Vehicle: 2012 STI -- RIP 2011 Genesis Coupe
      • Reputation Power: 56
      • Shier is on the verge of being accepted.Shier is on the verge of being accepted.Shier is on the verge of being accepted.Shier is on the verge of being accepted.Shier is on the verge of being accepted.
      Hmmmm we almost completely lost our jobs just a short time ago, best threaten to strike as obviously our bargaining position is soooooo strong.... smh
      It will never have enough power until I can spin all four wheels at the end of the straightaway in high gear.

June 17, 2016, 07:47 AM #3

themikewoo Offline

• Vehicle: 2006 Honda S2000
        • Reputation Power: 200
        • themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!
        Damn and I just started selling on eBay.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

June 17, 2016, 09:29 AM #4

firelizard Offline

• Vehicle: UZS161
          • Reputation Power: 109
          • firelizard has an aura about them.firelizard has an aura about them.firelizard has an aura about them.firelizard has an aura about them.firelizard has an aura about them.firelizard has an aura about them.firelizard has an aura about them.firelizard has an aura about them.firelizard has an aura about them.firelizard has an aura about them.
          Originally posted by Shier
          Hmmmm we almost completely lost our jobs just a short time ago, best threaten to strike as obviously our bargaining position is soooooo strong.... smh

Tell me more.

Our bargaining position is weak, our only strength is solidarity. That's the whole point of a union, and labour action.
          Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 09:34 AM by firelizard

June 17, 2016, 09:47 AM #5

ZAKU Offline

• Reputation Power: 28
            • ZAKU barely matters.ZAKU barely matters.
            A more informative article if you actually want to try and understand the situation instead of laughing at "monkeys".

https://www.thestar.com/business/2016/04/05/canada-post-wants-labour-disruption-union-says.html

Quote (selected)
            The union says Canada Post is seeking concessions on many fronts including benefits, job security and pensions, including switching new hires to a defined contribution plan from the current defined benefit plan.
            I consider every deleted post a small victory.

June 18, 2016, 03:38 PM #6

dan Offline

• Reputation Power: 10
              • dan has no influence.
              Originally posted by ZAKU
              A more informative article if you actually want to try and understand the situation instead of laughing at "monkeys".

https://www.thestar.com/business/2016/04/05/canada-post-wants-labour-disruption-union-says.html

Thats cool.

I see we still have select few who decide to "neg" for no apparent reason.   Glad to know maturity level here never changed.

June 18, 2016, 06:52 PM #7

Nhil Offline

• Vehicle: 2000 Honda S2000
                • Reputation Power: 91
                • Nhil has great potential!Nhil has great potential!Nhil has great potential!Nhil has great potential!Nhil has great potential!Nhil has great potential!Nhil has great potential!Nhil has great potential!Nhil has great potential!
                Originally posted by dan
                Thats cool.

I see we still have select few who decide to "neg" for no apparent reason.   Glad to know maturity level here never changed.
                I think calling postal workers "monkeys" might have something to do with it.

Glad to see you haven't changed, look forward to you rage quitting for the 4th(?) time.
                [Mar 02 10:56:01] TwoFourDee:..ever
                [Mar 02 10:55:59] TwoFourDee:nobody quote me on that
                [Mar 02 10:55:56] TwoFourDee:I actually like those rotas

June 19, 2016, 02:59 AM #8

ACiFiC Offline

• Vehicle: x2 Eunos
                  • Reputation Power: 85
                  • ACiFiC is a force to reckon with.ACiFiC is a force to reckon with.ACiFiC is a force to reckon with.ACiFiC is a force to reckon with.ACiFiC is a force to reckon with.ACiFiC is a force to reckon with.ACiFiC is a force to reckon with.ACiFiC is a force to reckon with.
                  Maybe the mail man should stop banging everyone's wife and leaving trophies all over town
                  Originally posted by Winter Beater
                  If a car is shows that a solid effort was made, and the car is reasonably well executed I can respect that. Even if it's not my cup of tea..

June 19, 2016, 07:10 AM #9

themikewoo Offline

• Vehicle: 2006 Honda S2000
                    • Reputation Power: 200
                    • themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!
                    Originally posted by ACiFiC
                    Maybe the mail man should stop banging everyone's wife and leaving trophies all over town
                    This. I'll be on Maury Povich in three months.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Top Tier Imports

Canada post strike
                      « Reply #9 on: June 19, 2016, 07:10 AM »