Author Topic: The Foz - The Do All Daily  (Read 11421 times)

December 23, 2017, 10:08 PM #175

Colby Offline

• Vehicle: 2014 FXT Limited w/Tech
  • Reputation Power: 131
  • Colby is awe-inspiring!Colby is awe-inspiring!Colby is awe-inspiring!Colby is awe-inspiring!Colby is awe-inspiring!Colby is awe-inspiring!Colby is awe-inspiring!Colby is awe-inspiring!Colby is awe-inspiring!Colby is awe-inspiring!Colby is awe-inspiring!Colby is awe-inspiring!
Originally posted by #StreetFocus
Just can't go wrong with @BRAUDIO Sounds like a good setup, go get some pics right meow.

I guess its good that there is nothing to take photos of, it looks 90% OEM!

Today I picked up the last of the subwoofer install stuff. Wiring, fuses, and such.

I also picked up a PAC TR7. The Pioneer Decks require a Double Pulse from the E/Hand brake in order to play DVD's. I wired in the TR7 and found a Disney Singalong to test it with. After testing 4 different programming methods I realized that I was the Issue. It is actaully very easy and straight forward. The unit now believes it is always in Park!

Here is a photo of how it all sits for the cockpit!

I also ran the remote wire and the sub RCA's to the passenger seat for now. When I get into the Sub install next week I will properly tuck them into the sills.

The hardest part of the next stage will be running the Power Line followed up with creating some supports for the sub box and rear hatch wood "floor" that I made this past summer.

More Next Week! Happy Holidays all!
'14 FXT Limited w/Way to Much Tech
'94 Subaru Legacy RS TT - SOLD

https://www.flickr.com/colbyspence/
IG: colby_spence
Snap: cspence47

Top Tier Imports

The Foz - The Do All Daily
    « Reply #175 on: December 23, 2017, 10:08 PM »

December 23, 2017, 10:09 PM #176

#StreetFocus Online

• Vehicle: 1974 Ford Maverick
    • Reputation Power: 89
    • #StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.
    I likes it. Super clean install.

December 26, 2017, 11:35 PM #177

Colby Offline

• Colby is awe-inspiring!Colby is awe-inspiring!Colby is awe-inspiring!Colby is awe-inspiring!Colby is awe-inspiring!Colby is awe-inspiring!Colby is awe-inspiring!Colby is awe-inspiring!Colby is awe-inspiring!Colby is awe-inspiring!Colby is awe-inspiring!Colby is awe-inspiring!
      I threw in a new battery the other day. OEM is 550 CCA's @ -18C, New one is 680CCA's @ -18C. The original battery was dropping to about 280-300ish CCA's on the load tester at -10C and its average voltage was 12.1 Volts... some of the casing was ever so slightly bulging, I suspect I may have gotten a slight freeze at one point. The new one cranked it over this AM (-30C) like it was +30C out.

I Ran the RCA's and Remote wire to the back of the vehicle today. More on this tomorrow.

@Ctown8  got me some speakers for my sisters truck, It was almost plug and play. Some minimal stripping, taping, and screwing required.... YES, I am talking about the speaker install :P It went well. It was only 15 Minutes for the second side once I figured out the tricks to removing the door panel! Thanks as always Colin!!!!

December 29, 2017, 01:07 AM #178

Colby Offline

Over the last few days I have been working on the subwoofer install. Ill take some better photos tomorrow!

The basics are...

4AWG power Line with a 150Amp Mini ANL fuse. 4AWG ground line. Remote Trigger Line. Knu Knocepts RCA's. Bass Knob Cat5/6 Cable.

Hifonics Brutus 1200.1D Mono Amp. Focal K2 E-30-KX 12" 4 Ohm DVC Woofer. 1.3 CU FT Sealed Box.

I fabbed the box, back in the spring, to be the max size allowable. Betting that the displacement of the woofer and some sound dampening would make it roughly the ideal size. It took a few days to figure out a size and design that worked but in the end it came to life. I originally wanted to mount the amp on the face of the box near towards the front of the vehicle but I was about 6 inches short on the length of the power wire to do it properly and safely. Plus that was the lazy way out anyways. Using the form factor I cut a platform out with enough area for the heat fins to allow air flow to dissipate the heat that may build up.

Over the last few days I have been working on the subwoofer install. Ill take some better photos tomorrow!

The basics are...

4AWG power Line with a 150Amp Mini ANL fuse. 4AWG ground line. Remote Trigger Line. Knu Knocepts RCA's. Bass Knob Cat5/6 Cable.

Hifonics Brutus 1200.1D Mono Amp. Focal K2 E-30-KX 12" 4 Ohm DVC Woofer. 1.3 CU FT Sealed Box.

I fabbed the box, back in the spring, to be the max size allowable. Betting that the displacement of the woofer and some sound dampening would make it roughly the ideal size. It took a few days to figure out a size and design that worked but in the end it came to life. I originally wanted to mount the amp on the face of the box near towards the front of the vehicle but I was about 6 inches short on the length of the power wire to do it properly and safely. Plus that was the lazy way out anyways. Using the form factor I cut a platform out with enough area for the heat fins to allow air flow to dissipate the heat that may build up. For the install, the box is bolted to the spare tire mount and its is caulked to prevent air escaping, the woofer wires are caulked too!

You can kind of see the amp on the platform back there.

Originally the sub had a small airleak and was whistling. I put some foam tape to make a gasket under the mating surfaces and it sealed up perfectly. I also foam taped the wood platform in the back to help dampen and rattle/vibration points. Colin got me some "insulation" to put in the box. I used the Super 77 and glued it all around the inside of the box.

At first I didn't have the bass knob hooked up, since I couldn't find a good place for it. Today I did! Its tucked away in the driver side fuse panel door. It will need some proper double sided tape, but for now looped electrical will have to do!

The hatch looks just as clean as it did before with everything tucked under the platform. One day I will paint or stain the box and amp platform to give it some more curb appeal. Until then, I need to add in some platform supports and that will be all for the hatch project!

There will be better photos in a few days too!

December 29, 2017, 11:53 PM #179

Colby Offline

Here are some better shots of the hatch!!!!! Shoved in the back is my Jack, Jack Crank, Inverter, Booster Cables, Portable Air Compressor, FatMax kit, Shovel, and Torque Wrench. All of that plus the Audio Equipment!

Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 11:58 PM by Colby

January 05, 2018, 09:24 AM #180

#StreetFocus Online

• Vehicle: 1974 Ford Maverick
            • Reputation Power: 89
            • #StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.
            I dig it. Does the sub make the wood hatch door thing rattle?

January 06, 2018, 03:36 PM #181

Ctown8 Offline

• Vehicle: 2001 Forester STI 2000 Celica
              • Reputation Power: 128
              • Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!
              Originally posted by #StreetFocus
              I dig it. Does the sub make the wood hatch door thing rattle?
              Used foam tape to soften any vibrations and some sound deadener to make it a bit more solid!
              BAASSSSSSS
              I work at Brian Reimer Audio on St. Marys, come in for some good deals, ask for Colin.
              My Motto: Love thy neighbors sick nasty whip like u love thy selves dirt nasty swag machine!
              Dont mod your cars kids. its not worth it.

Top Tier Imports

The Foz - The Do All Daily
                « Reply #181 on: January 06, 2018, 03:36 PM »