Author Topic: Pokemon GO  (Read 6265 times)

July 17, 2016, 12:22 AM #50

#StreetFocus Online

• Vehicle: 1974 Ford Maverick
  • Reputation Power: 82
  • #StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.
Originally posted by cluelessk
Living in a small town sucks. We've got like 5 pokestops and a gym. Someone had a lure but only had a 4G connection for some reason and it was super laggy. Also had trouble trying to catch a Golbat. Couldn't hit it with Pokeballs.

lol, try being in an actual small town. I downloaded the game just for ****s and giggles. I got nothing anywhere even remotely close to me lmao. no pokemons, no pokestops, nothing lol. guess ill only play this thing when im in the city for work.

Top Tier Imports

Pokemon GO
    « Reply #50 on: July 17, 2016, 12:22 AM »

July 17, 2016, 12:50 AM #51

Nirusan Offline

• Vehicle: 2017 BMW M2, 2015 Audi S3
    • Reputation Power: 217
    • Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!
    Originally posted by cluelessk
    Living in a small town sucks. We've got like 5 pokestops and a gym. Someone had a lure but only had a 4G connection for some reason and it was super laggy. Also had trouble trying to catch a Golbat. Couldn't hit it with Pokeballs.

From the datamined files, Zubat and Golbat have the smallest hit boxes in the game :( . It's literally come to the point where I don't even bother trying to catch them just because they're so hard to hit. I caught a Zubat, evolved it to a Golbat just for Pokedex completion and now I'm completely done with that lineage. Kind of unfortunate really.
    [Sep 03 10:56:42] Faken:I wanna be on autters whorefax... Gonna write her off
    [Sep 03 11:06:48] Faken:If I stuck my pee pee into 100 girls from africa.. I think it will make a difference if u want to sleep with me.
    [Oct 15 19:20:41] Adomp:id eat my own ass out than eat famous daves

July 17, 2016, 08:39 AM #52

chesterfaustino Offline

• Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Caliber SRT 4
      • Reputation Power: 29
      • chesterfaustino barely matters.chesterfaustino barely matters.
      So many jiggly puffs at Assiniboine park, also went to the forks last night and it was packed lol. Caught a lot there, there were lures everywhere
      ~ 08 Dodge Caliber SRT 4 (summer daily)
      ~ 93 Toyota Camry le (winter beater)

July 17, 2016, 12:48 PM #53

jordisonjr Offline

• Vehicle: 14/15 Endeavor New Standard 151
        • Reputation Power: 199
        • jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!
        Went to assinaboine park last night around 10 30 with the girlfriend and I couldn't believe how many people were out, I'm assuming playing this game as they were all staring at their phones, standing in one spot.

I've never seen so many people in one area this late at that park. One girl almost walked into us as well, while
        Glued to her phone
        Originally posted by Madbuzz41
        I'm not a fan of blowing for a long time anyways ; )

[Mar 31 23:03:18] Basil:Dan go outside without your pants and let your beef curtains flap around in the wind like a windsock

[Dec 11 14:00:38] alexatwork21:I

July 17, 2016, 04:12 PM #54

cluelessk Offline

• Vehicle: 2008 Cobalt SS
          • Reputation Power: 19
          • cluelessk has no influence.
          [Mar 23 12:14:28] Anne Gus:nah clueless is right

July 17, 2016, 04:25 PM #55

Nirusan Offline

• Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!
            Originally posted by jordisonjr
            Went to assinaboine park last night around 10 30 with the girlfriend and I couldn't believe how many people were out, I'm assuming playing this game as they were all staring at their phones, standing in one spot.

I've never seen so many people in one area this late at that park. One girl almost walked into us as well, while
            Glued to her phone

Legit. If someone is staring at their phone constantly refreshing it and they're also in a "hot spot" (Assiniboine Park, or The Forks just to name a few) they're pretty much guaranteed to be playing the game. I went to the Forks last night with a few other TTI members and was quite surprised to see 100+ people still there past midnight lol.

[Sep 03 11:06:48] Faken:If I stuck my pee pee into 100 girls from africa.. I think it will make a difference if u want to sleep with me.

July 18, 2016, 06:06 PM #56

Vince Offline

• Vehicle: 2012 Si
              • Reputation Power: 173
              • Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!
              I was at the forks as well from 930ish till 11. I caught a ton of Pokemon down by those weird rock formations (don't know how else to describe) because there were 3 lures going and if you stood there you got all 3 :banana:
              (∩ ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)⊃━☆ ─=≡Σ((( つ◕ل͜◕)つ

[May 23 00:37:52] Sloppyclock:But Moooooom, I was being a street terrorist

July 19, 2016, 12:23 AM #57

Nirusan Offline

This game has taken over my free time in the evenings. Just evolved a 1750 Vaporeon PogChamp. I'm level 21.5 for the record and it takes a ridiculous amount of XP to level (75,000 - no that's not a typo).

Come @ me plebs

July 19, 2016, 09:02 AM #58

IanB Offline

• Vehicle: '93 Land Cruiser HDJ81/'99 MB E55t AMG
                  • Reputation Power: 42
                  • IanB might someday be someone...IanB might someday be someone...IanB might someday be someone...IanB might someday be someone...
                  I was walking my dog in Ass Park last night and was shocked at how many people were there around 11PM, that place is normally a ghost town that time of night!
                  '93 Land Cruiser HDJ81
                  '99 MB E55t AMG - DD - FOR SALE!
                  '04 Lexus GX470

July 19, 2016, 10:25 AM #59

Shaun Offline

• Vehicle: 1998 Civic, 2003 GS430
                    • Reputation Power: 370
                    • Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!
                    God now I'm playing it

July 19, 2016, 10:34 AM #60

Ctown8 Offline

• Vehicle: 2001 Forester STI 2000 Celica
                      • Reputation Power: 120
                      • Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!
                      Originally posted by Nirusan
                      This game has taken over my free time in the evenings. Just evolved a 1750 Vaporeon PogChamp. I'm level 21.5 for the record and it takes a ridiculous amount of XP to level (75,000 - no that's not a typo).

Come @ me plebs
                      pokemon go rep coming soon
                      BAASSSSSSS
                      I work at Brian Reimer Audio on St. Marys, come in for some good deals, ask for Colin.
                      My Motto: Love thy neighbors sick nasty whip like u love thy selves dirt nasty swag machine!
                      Dont mod your cars kids. its not worth it.

July 19, 2016, 11:13 AM #61

Shier Offline

• Vehicle: 2012 STI -- RIP 2011 Genesis Coupe
                        • Reputation Power: 56
                        • Shier is on the verge of being accepted.Shier is on the verge of being accepted.Shier is on the verge of being accepted.Shier is on the verge of being accepted.Shier is on the verge of being accepted.
                        Catching them all in Vegas.
                        It will never have enough power until I can spin all four wheels at the end of the straightaway in high gear.

July 19, 2016, 11:39 AM #62

Ctown8 Offline

• Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!
                          Originally posted by Shier
                          Catching them all in Vegas.
                          Nice! Find anything cool?
                          BAASSSSSSS
                          I work at Brian Reimer Audio on St. Marys, come in for some good deals, ask for Colin.
                          My Motto: Love thy neighbors sick nasty whip like u love thy selves dirt nasty swag machine!

July 19, 2016, 11:59 AM #63

Nirusan Offline

Originally posted by Shaun
                            God now I'm playing it

o shiiiiet

July 19, 2016, 12:41 PM #64

firelizard Offline

• Vehicle: UZS161
                              • Reputation Power: 108
                              • firelizard has an aura about them.firelizard has an aura about them.firelizard has an aura about them.firelizard has an aura about them.firelizard has an aura about them.firelizard has an aura about them.firelizard has an aura about them.firelizard has an aura about them.firelizard has an aura about them.firelizard has an aura about them.
                              Anybody else finding the app itself pretty buggy? Mine becomes unresponsive to inputs about 2/3 of the time I come out of battery saver, even though the game keep running. It also frequently locks up on the loading/warning screen. This is from the US App Store, on a 5S.

July 19, 2016, 12:42 PM #65

Igor Offline

• Vehicle: 2014 Subaru WRX STI Sport Tech
                                • Reputation Power: 245
                                • Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!
                                Originally posted by firelizard
                                Anybody else finding the app itself pretty buggy? Mine becomes unresponsive to inputs about 2/3 of the time I come out of battery saver, even though the game keep running. It also frequently locks up on the loading/warning screen. This is from the US App Store, on a 5S.

delete the US app and get the canadian one. your progress will still be there once you log in again. See if that works.
                                2000 Acura Integra GSR - Sold
                                2014 Subaru WRX STI Sport Tech

July 19, 2016, 01:16 PM #66

Josia Offline

• Vehicle: 08 STI, 08 GTI, 99 Civic Type R
                                  • Reputation Power: 34
                                  • Josia is working their way up.Josia is working their way up.Josia is working their way up.

Same problem on my 6s except not from the US app store. Having to restart constantly does not make for a great experience.
                                  [Feb 22 17:00:55] Shaun:i hate chatbox

July 19, 2016, 04:49 PM #67

firelizard Offline

• firelizard has an aura about them.firelizard has an aura about them.firelizard has an aura about them.firelizard has an aura about them.firelizard has an aura about them.firelizard has an aura about them.firelizard has an aura about them.firelizard has an aura about them.firelizard has an aura about them.firelizard has an aura about them.
                                    Re-downloaded from the Canadian App Store but the issues persist. I've also had some issues with response when tapping on a wild Pokemon. Overall, the gameplay is alright, with room for what will hopefully be expansion. The quality of the app itself is pretty **** so far though. Just restarted 5 times unsuccessfully, and gave up. I'm a little surprised, since Niantic is not new to this, and they didn't have to rush this game out the door.

Edit for more gripes: the paw print tracking is a useless mechanic. The radius for 3 paws must be at least half a kilometer, and I've never seen 2 or 1 print even when I'm right on top of a Pokemon. I'm also experiencing issues with Pokestops not generating items, or just not loading at all. I'm also getting errors when trying to power up Pokemon that prevent me from doing that. When I rebooted the game, it had consumed over 1000 stardust despite not powering up the Pokemon because of errors. Earlier today I caught the same Pokemon twice because the first encounter didn't update the map and there was still a Pokemon on that location. It's not "literally unplayable" but it's pretty close. I suspect the stops not loading properly would be a sever issue. Still ruins the game if you put in some time and it's broken so you get nothing. Awesome idea, finally makes GPS scavenger hunts fun for everyone, but it's so sloppy right now. I don't know if people are going easy on it because Pokemon is popular, or if my issues are exceptional, but this is a broken-ass game at the moment.
                                    Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 06:56 PM by firelizard

July 19, 2016, 04:55 PM #68

#StreetFocus Online

• Vehicle: 1974 Ford Maverick
                                      • Reputation Power: 82
                                      • #StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.
                                      app runs great on my android. apparently the servers are still really bad though, maybe that's the issue.

July 19, 2016, 05:42 PM #69

Ctown8 Offline

Re-downloaded from the Canadian App Store but the issues persist. I've also had some issues with response when tapping on a wild Pokemon. Overall, the gameplay is alright, with room for what will hopefully be expansion. The quality of the app itself is pretty **** so far though. Just restarted 5 times unsuccessfully, and gave up. I'm a little surprised, since Niantic is not new to this, and they didn't have to rush this game out the door.
                                        Game is good, servers are just junk still.
                                        BAASSSSSSS

July 19, 2016, 05:49 PM #70

cluelessk Offline

Having the same issue with the battery save mode. App is still running just won't respond to any inputs.

Servers still get buggy at times. Especially lunch and 5:00.

July 19, 2016, 06:32 PM #71

Shier Offline

• Vehicle: 2012 STI -- RIP 2011 Genesis Coupe
                                            • Reputation Power: 56
                                            • Shier is on the verge of being accepted.Shier is on the verge of being accepted.Shier is on the verge of being accepted.Shier is on the verge of being accepted.Shier is on the verge of being accepted.
                                            I haven't been able to log on all day
                                            It will never have enough power until I can spin all four wheels at the end of the straightaway in high gear.

July 19, 2016, 07:03 PM #72

Cheeyahboii Offline

• Vehicle: 98 GC8 Impreza STI
                                              • Reputation Power: 3
                                              • Cheeyahboii has no influence.
                                              If you just downloaded the game, don't expect the servers to be any good as they're launching the game in a new country almost everyday. This should continue until early August when the whole world gets it.

What team is everyone choosing?

July 19, 2016, 07:09 PM #73

cluelessk Offline

Instinct (yellow). Doesn't seem very popular in my area.

July 19, 2016, 07:32 PM #74

firelizard Offline

I chose Instinct because the gym nearest my house is an Instinct gym. I'm way, way too green to take on any gym battles though.

Top Tier Imports

Pokemon GO
                                                    « Reply #74 on: July 19, 2016, 07:32 PM »