Author Topic: The Ratty Mav - 1974 Ford Maverick  (Read 3399 times)

August 16, 2016, 02:56 PM #50

#StreetFocus Offline

• Vehicle: 1974 Ford Maverick
  • Reputation Power: 54
  • #StreetFocus is on the verge of being accepted.#StreetFocus is on the verge of being accepted.#StreetFocus is on the verge of being accepted.#StreetFocus is on the verge of being accepted.#StreetFocus is on the verge of being accepted.
Yep. That's the plan. Maybe without the fog lights though.

Top Tier Imports

The Mav - 1974 Ford Maverick
    « Reply #50 on: August 16, 2016, 02:56 PM »

August 16, 2016, 05:16 PM #51

Ctown8 Online

• Vehicle: 2001 Forester STI 2000 Celica
    • Reputation Power: 98
    • Ctown8 has great potential!Ctown8 has great potential!Ctown8 has great potential!Ctown8 has great potential!Ctown8 has great potential!Ctown8 has great potential!Ctown8 has great potential!Ctown8 has great potential!Ctown8 has great potential!
    That last photo you posted, exactly like that!
    BAASSSSSSS
    I work at Brian Reimer Audio on St. Marys, come in for some good deals, ask for Colin.
    My Motto: Love thy neighbors sick nasty whip like u love thy selves dirt nasty swag machine!
    Dont mod your cars kids. its not worth it.

August 16, 2016, 05:18 PM #52

#StreetFocus Offline

• #StreetFocus is on the verge of being accepted.#StreetFocus is on the verge of being accepted.#StreetFocus is on the verge of being accepted.#StreetFocus is on the verge of being accepted.#StreetFocus is on the verge of being accepted.

August 16, 2016, 07:14 PM #53

Madbuzz41 Online

• Vehicle: Fiat 500 Sport
        • Reputation Power: 2
        • Madbuzz41 has no influence.

Should do this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

August 16, 2016, 08:25 PM #54

#StreetFocus Offline

Originally posted by Madbuzz41

Should do this

Wouldn't be hard. I was thinking about using Fairlane taillights which are pretty close to those Shelby taillights. That exhaust setup, eh. rectangle exhaust tips are yucky.

August 16, 2016, 08:27 PM #55

Madbuzz41 Online

• Vehicle: Fiat 500 Sport
            • Reputation Power: 2
            • Madbuzz41 has no influence.
            Originally posted by #StreetFocus
            Wouldn't be hard. I was thinking about using Fairlane taillights which are pretty close to those Shelby taillights. That exhaust setup, eh. rectangle exhaust tips are yucky.

I meant the lights not the tips. My bad

August 16, 2016, 08:32 PM #56

#StreetFocus Offline

Originally posted by Madbuzz41
              I meant the lights not the tips. My bad

I kinda guessed haha. yeah the fairlane lights is what I think i'l lend up using. or possibly mercury Bobcat lights. which look awesome too.

bobcat taillights

Last Edit: August 16, 2016, 08:34 PM by #StreetFocus

August 17, 2016, 01:23 PM #57

#StreetFocus Offline

Found some of the parts needed for the small bumper conversion. ordered em up and they are on the way to the border. Mint condition. No dents, straight as an arrow, and no rust at all!

Front

Rear

August 29, 2016, 03:11 PM #58

#StreetFocus Offline

Pointless video this week, really, but I wanted to play around with some editing stuff.
                  Bumpers are at the border, probably going to get Runnin Red to get them and I'll get them from them. should have them by this coming weekend and I can work on getting those installed!

September 01, 2016, 02:36 PM #59

#StreetFocus Offline

Got EEEEEEM!

I'll be hitting them with paint stripper tonight after work and getting them ready for paint on the weekend. So stoked.

September 01, 2016, 02:56 PM #60

Ctown8 Online

• Ctown8 has great potential!Ctown8 has great potential!Ctown8 has great potential!Ctown8 has great potential!Ctown8 has great potential!Ctown8 has great potential!Ctown8 has great potential!Ctown8 has great potential!Ctown8 has great potential!
                      Black or white? ^^
                      BAASSSSSSS
                      I work at Brian Reimer Audio on St. Marys, come in for some good deals, ask for Colin.
                      My Motto: Love thy neighbors sick nasty whip like u love thy selves dirt nasty swag machine!

September 01, 2016, 02:58 PM #61

#StreetFocus Offline

White like the rest of the car :p

The actual bumper part, that's normally chrome, will be black though.

September 01, 2016, 05:36 PM #62

dano Offline

• Vehicle: 2013 Nissan Leaf SL
                          • Reputation Power: 88
                          • dano is a force to reckon with.dano is a force to reckon with.dano is a force to reckon with.dano is a force to reckon with.dano is a force to reckon with.dano is a force to reckon with.dano is a force to reckon with.dano is a force to reckon with.
                          Before stripping them, put them on and see how they look as is...
                          Current Forester count: 0.5

September 01, 2016, 05:39 PM #63

#StreetFocus Offline

Originally posted by dano
                            Before stripping them, put them on and see how they look as is...

I guess I could test fit the front tonight. Gonna look hella goofy being blue lol

September 01, 2016, 06:32 PM #64

dano Offline

• Vehicle: 2013 Nissan Leaf SL
                              • Reputation Power: 88
                              • dano is a force to reckon with.dano is a force to reckon with.dano is a force to reckon with.dano is a force to reckon with.dano is a force to reckon with.dano is a force to reckon with.dano is a force to reckon with.dano is a force to reckon with.
                              I guess I could test fit the front tonight. Gonna look hella goofy being blue lol
                              Test fit, mark where everything goes. Make sure no issues.

Take pics and show us before painting.
                              Current Forester count: 0.5

September 01, 2016, 06:44 PM #65

#StreetFocus Offline

Originally posted by dano
                                Test fit, mark where everything goes. Make sure no issues.

Take pics and show us before painting.

I'll see what I can do. I work on this thing at night most the time so getting pictures of the process is difficult unless you want crappy dark pictures :lol:

September 02, 2016, 10:01 AM #66

kiraamzsy Offline

• Vehicle: 240Z
                                  • Reputation Power: 6
                                  • kiraamzsy has no influence.
                                  Saw this one the other day.  Looked minty!

September 02, 2016, 11:44 AM #67

#StreetFocus Offline

Nice! Mine will probably never be that nice looking, but it's cool to see there's a few in decent shape running around Manitoba.

September 14, 2016, 05:18 PM #68

#StreetFocus Offline

Well, things have basically come to a stand still for now. While modifying the front fenders for the small bumper conversion, I came across a mess of rust one of the previous owners tried hiding by simply putting new metal over top. instead of cutting out and replacing. so, I have to get that taken care of before the small bumper goes on up front. Will likely just end up getting new fenders from ebay. Going to need some overtime for that.

December 21, 2016, 03:06 PM #69

#StreetFocus Offline

aw yiss. parts came in. mostly just general maintennance parts but the starter solenoid is dickered on the car so I got a new one of those as well. Hopefully i can get the car running and do some snow hooning this weekend

December 25, 2016, 12:41 AM #70

kiraamzsy Offline

• Vehicle: 240Z
                                          • Reputation Power: 6
                                          • kiraamzsy has no influence.
                                          Yesssss.  Snow hooning is a must.  Get this thing running!

December 28, 2016, 04:41 PM #71

#StreetFocus Offline

well after this latest storm the car is super buried. I don't think I have enough motivation to dig it out this winter lol. we'll see.

new plan, I want to turn this thing into my daily driver because I hate driving my focus.

come spring time i'm going to get it running good, play around with the timing a bit to get the fuel efficiency as good as I can and and drive the crap out of it for spring/summer/fall. Been doing some research and turns out these 250's like a bit of advanced timing to run optimally so I'll play around with that and see where I get with it.

when i drove it home from the city after purchase I estimated around 25 MPG (us) which really isnt that bad at all but if i can squeeze out a bit more I will.
                                            Last Edit: December 28, 2016, 04:44 PM by #StreetFocus

February 28, 2017, 03:51 PM #72

#StreetFocus Offline

Determined to get the mav running this weekend. New starter and a bunch of new cables to replace some pretty badly corroded battery/starter solenoid cables.

also going to get the fuel pump, air filter, etc. changed out.

February 28, 2017, 04:18 PM #73

Ctown8 Online

Determined to get the mav running this weekend. New starter and a bunch of new cables to replace some pretty badly corroded battery/starter solenoid cables.

also going to get the fuel pump, air filter, etc. changed out.
                                                Holy starter mofo, could you put it beside a pop can for scale please??
                                                BAASSSSSSS

February 28, 2017, 04:22 PM #74

#StreetFocus Offline

Originally posted by Ctown8
                                                  Holy starter mofo, could you put it beside a pop can for scale please??

lmao I'll see what I can do. It's a hefty bugger thats for sure. It's gotta spin a 4.1L i6, not some rinky dink 4 banger ;)

Top Tier Imports

The Mav - 1974 Ford Maverick
                                                    « Reply #74 on: February 28, 2017, 04:22 PM »