Author Topic: Sport Seat Companies  (Read 420 times)

July 28, 2016, 09:32 PM #0

firelizard Offline

• Vehicle: UZS161
  • Reputation Power: 98
  • firelizard has great potential!firelizard has great potential!firelizard has great potential!firelizard has great potential!firelizard has great potential!firelizard has great potential!firelizard has great potential!firelizard has great potential!firelizard has great potential!
So, as much as I like driving the GS, the stock seats are definitely, definitely, made for the highway. And that's great... on the highway. Taking turns though, my ass is sliding around and there's just no support. So, I've been toying with the idea of a racing seat for the pilot position. I haven't really been able to settle on anything I like though. Things seem either too expensive or just not attractive.

Here's what I've already looked at:
Bride, Edirb, Status, Corbeau, Cobra, Recaro, Sparco. Too expensive, way too expensive, ludicrously expensive, not my style, not my style, and a couple of good options from the last two.

Things I am looking for:
Black microsuede/Alcantara or  black cloth, can be mounted at a decent height so I don't have to granny-peer over my steering wheel, reclines, good looks (as determined by me), sub-$1,000 per seat. And no knockoffs or bargain stuff. I consider seats a safety item and I'd already be compromising by removing a seat with factory SRS, I don't want an eBay seat that will fold me like a pita in a crash or something.

The Recaro Speed is a great looking seat, and so far one of two that has my interest at all, but it is at the top end of my budget. Very expensive for a cloth (or vinyl) seat, but of course has the Recaro quality. The Sportster CS is even nicer, but well out of my price range by several hundred.

I also like the Sparco Chrono Road. It looks like it has lower bolstering somewhere between the Speed and Speed M from Recaro. The price is also great. My concern with the Sparco Chrono Road is that they are designed for large American posteriors, according to Sparco, and I do not have a large posterior at all. I'd like to be snug, since my lack of seat-hug is the problem I'm trying to solve in the first place. It's also a bit... spaceship-ey. The Sparco R600 is somewhat nicer (to me) but it's 50% more expensive than the Chrono Road, and I think that knowing that I'm "only" twice the price away from having it in Alcantara would forever bear on my mind. First world problems, right?

With those criteria, do you guys know of any other reputable seat companies I could be looking at, and sources to buy from?

Top Tier Imports

Sport Seat Companies
    « on: July 28, 2016, 09:32 PM »

July 29, 2016, 11:17 AM #1

Nhil Offline

• Vehicle: 2000 Honda S2000
    • Reputation Power: 87
    • Nhil is a force to reckon with.Nhil is a force to reckon with.Nhil is a force to reckon with.Nhil is a force to reckon with.Nhil is a force to reckon with.Nhil is a force to reckon with.Nhil is a force to reckon with.Nhil is a force to reckon with.
    You could also consider OMP or Sabelt, both might be a bit more race focused than you would like however.
    [Mar 02 10:56:01] TwoFourDee:..ever
    [Mar 02 10:55:59] TwoFourDee:nobody quote me on that
    [Mar 02 10:55:56] TwoFourDee:I actually like those rotas

July 29, 2016, 01:13 PM #2

ZAKU Offline

• Reputation Power: 28
      • ZAKU barely matters.ZAKU barely matters.
      If you like the Recaro check YAJ for seats. IIRC shipping isn't that bad and you can probably find a pair of seats for the price of a single new seat.
      I consider every deleted post a small victory.

July 29, 2016, 08:37 PM #3

Canadian CD9A Offline

• Vehicle: AP1 - CD9A - 5F07F
        • Reputation Power: 50
        • Canadian CD9A is on the verge of being accepted.Canadian CD9A is on the verge of being accepted.Canadian CD9A is on the verge of being accepted.Canadian CD9A is on the verge of being accepted.Canadian CD9A is on the verge of being accepted.
        Definitely buy used off YAJ. Bride seats go surprisingly cheap.
        Originally posted by: Forced Performance
        Your significant other can only be mad for a while but your car can be slow forever.
        Quote (selected)
        The perfect race car is the fastest thing on the track and then explodes after crossing the finish line.
        AWD Turbo Whiners Club

July 30, 2016, 06:16 PM #4

Vince Online

• Vehicle: 2012 Si
          • Reputation Power: 164
          • Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!Vince is awe-inspiring!
          Hit up @Zach1 for all your JDM River seating needs.
          (∩ ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)⊃━☆ ─=≡Σ((( つ◕ل͜◕)つ

[May 23 00:37:52] Sloppyclock:But Moooooom, I was being a street terrorist

Top Tier Imports

Sport Seat Companies
            « Reply #4 on: July 30, 2016, 06:16 PM »