Author Topic: PowerStop Pads & Rotors  (Read 388 times)

August 17, 2016, 04:12 PM #0

LW_Black4 Offline

• Vehicle: blue '04 WRX with an EJ207 STi swap
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • LW_Black4 has no influence.
I was going to reply to a brake pads & rotors post but it was quite dated so I'm starting another.

I've been most happy in the past with StopTech street/track pads and Centric rotors. They are good for all-around use and even some light track work. Swap at least the fronts with EBC Reds or Carbotech for competition.

I'm trying PowerStop's Z23 Evo sport now and the zinc-coated rotors are holding up well but the Z23 pads aren't up to track duty. I'm ordering their Z26 street warrior pads instead for day-to-day use and hoping they start making their Track Day pads for the WRX / STi so I can try them out.

RockAuto sells PowerStop as their performance line and are cheap, quick and manage the border issues well, so I use them for all my regular auto parts. Go-fast parts are still sourced from Touge Tuning mostly.
The WRX just told me to drive faster, lap after lap.

Top Tier Imports

PowerStop Pads & Rotors
    « on: August 17, 2016, 04:12 PM »

August 18, 2016, 10:47 AM #1

themikewoo Offline

• Vehicle: 2006 Honda S2000
    • Reputation Power: 199
    • themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!
    I don't understand the fancy rotors. Why not buy the cheapest rotors from Piston Ring?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

August 19, 2016, 01:08 PM #2

dan Offline

• Reputation Power: 10
      • dan has no influence.
      Originally posted by themikewoo
      I don't understand the fancy rotors. Why not buy the cheapest rotors from Piston Ring?

not coated
      they rust really fast
      chances of them warping are quite a bit higher over the performance rotors. 
      less chance of squealing pads
      less chance of burning the rotor.

August 19, 2016, 01:11 PM #3

themikewoo Offline

• Vehicle: 2006 Honda S2000
        • Reputation Power: 199
        • themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!
        Personally have never experienced any of those things you listed. I must not be driving right. #asiandrivers

Top Tier Imports

PowerStop Pads & Rotors
          « Reply #3 on: August 19, 2016, 01:11 PM »