Author Topic: The Eppic OffRoadster  (Read 11672 times)

February 19, 2017, 12:42 AM #125

Eppic Offline

• Vehicle: Miata's (lots of them)
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • Eppic is working their way up.Eppic is working their way up.Eppic is working their way up.
Does this thing not look like an amputee now?

Didn't even make it out of the shop fully.  Basically drove out into some soup. 

Didn't make it very far into the snow.  I need more traction.  Like tracks.  Those would be great.  Maybe one day.

I honestly wasn't thinking this thing could get any stupider looking.  Then I added some T-rex arms to the front...

It's strange how close in size these things look.

Ya and I wasn't watching what was going on when pulling it out of the bush with the tractor.  Too caught up in why it wasn't moving, finally got off the tractor and discovered my problem.  I have a wedge situation. 

With that, we identify the weak spots.  Reinforce.  Find some more traction. And we'll be back at er if the snow sticks around.  Otherwise it's v8 time!

Top Tier Imports

The Eppic OffRoadster
    « Reply #125 on: February 19, 2017, 12:42 AM »

February 19, 2017, 09:32 PM #126

Eppic Offline

• Eppic is working their way up.Eppic is working their way up.Eppic is working their way up.
    Lets get that hard top painted. 

February 19, 2017, 10:21 PM #127

firelizard Offline

• Vehicle: UZS161
      • Reputation Power: 110
      • firelizard is leading the good life!firelizard is leading the good life!firelizard is leading the good life!firelizard is leading the good life!firelizard is leading the good life!firelizard is leading the good life!firelizard is leading the good life!firelizard is leading the good life!firelizard is leading the good life!firelizard is leading the good life!firelizard is leading the good life!
      When I saw the ski setup I was going to ask how you planned on locking the front brakes or limiting rotation. Skis need to be able to pivot where they meet the 'leg'. Having the pivot at the hub, well, you see the issue now.

February 24, 2017, 06:33 PM #128

Eppic Offline

Black Lights installed roughly.  Makes that engine light up.  Our super cool fluorescent paint is crazy reflective.

Snow is melting.  Drive through one tiny puddle and the whole dang car gets filthy.  Time to build the flares.

Someone donated a trampoline frame to our scrap pile years ago.  My first thought way back then was exoskeleton for fender flares... so lets finally construct that idea.

February 24, 2017, 11:18 PM #129

Eppic Offline

February 25, 2017, 06:35 PM #130

Eppic Offline

You know it's business time when you have both metal saws out, the welder, your hole saw and you don't bother turning off the the grinders.

Odd looking end of the pipe but it's just right to fit nicely where it's needed.

All kinds of crazy going on with this old trampoline...

Tube Fenders on point! (ish)

I can dig that.  Let's weld er up.

Two front fender flare frames solidified.

February 27, 2017, 09:31 AM #131

Ctown8 Offline

• Vehicle: 2001 Forester STI 2000 Celica
            • Reputation Power: 128
            • Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!
            Originally posted by firelizard
            When I saw the ski setup I was going to ask how you planned on locking the front brakes or limiting rotation. Skis need to be able to pivot where they meet the 'leg'. Having the pivot at the hub, well, you see the issue now.
            This
            BAASSSSSSS
            I work at Brian Reimer Audio on St. Marys, come in for some good deals, ask for Colin.
            My Motto: Love thy neighbors sick nasty whip like u love thy selves dirt nasty swag machine!
            Dont mod your cars kids. its not worth it.

February 27, 2017, 10:31 AM #132

Ctown8 Offline

• Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!
              Holy Flares. im curious to see how this turns out.. but I must ask, when does the stereo upgrade happen?? ;)
              BAASSSSSSS
              I work at Brian Reimer Audio on St. Marys, come in for some good deals, ask for Colin.
              My Motto: Love thy neighbors sick nasty whip like u love thy selves dirt nasty swag machine!

February 27, 2017, 10:34 AM #133

Eppic Offline

Originally posted by Ctown8
                Holy Flares. im curious to see how this turns out.. but I must ask, when does the stereo upgrade happen?? ;)

I'd need to have a stereo in order to upgrade it...

February 27, 2017, 11:39 AM #134

Ctown8 Offline

Originally posted by Eppic
                  I'd need to have a stereo in order to upgrade it...
                  well then, weve got work to do!
                  BAASSSSSSS

February 27, 2017, 01:41 PM #135

Eppic Offline

Mounting them up.

Looks kinda cool with no body panels.  But I want people to know it's a miata still so I'll put them back on.

Pops came to help out for the evening.  Every kid who watched home improvement I think likes the idea of working on a car with their dad.

But then... the matured kid has to rescue his father from his childish actions...

Caught my dog Turbo mid sneeze.  Those are always priceless photos.

and there we have it.  Two tube fenders fashioned from an old trampoline.  Now to fill the centers and move onto the rears.

March 02, 2017, 05:49 PM #136

Eppic Offline

Starting the work on the new horns.

Light whips are just as functional as they are cool.  I can see my groceries quite nicely.  It's actually pretty handy.

This paint is so bright I actually have to paint with sunglasses on to see if I have proper coverage.

Another reason to have fender flares.  Mirrors take a beating otherwise.

Mirrors cleared and back together.

Car throttle shared my video of the "SKI-ATA" and at this point it's at just over 1 million views.  Feels cool to have a video go viral.  :)

Here's how she sat this afternoon.

March 03, 2017, 10:10 AM #137

dano Offline

• Vehicle: 2013 Nissan Leaf SL, 2002 Subaru Forester XT
                        • Reputation Power: 94
                        • dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!
                        You haven't documented all the coverage you're getting on instagram by places like car throtle ... :p
                        Current Forester count: 1
                        Owner, Next Level Escapes

March 03, 2017, 11:49 AM #138

Ctown8 Offline

Originally posted by dano
                          You haven't documented all the coverage you're getting on instagram by places like car throtle ... :p
                          Yea I saw this too and thought wow, you made it. #Instafamous
                          BAASSSSSSS

March 03, 2017, 12:27 PM #139

Eppic Offline

How does one document the coverage one is getting on instagram? 

My car is on instagram... 

Is that what you're looking for?

Just got pulled over again.  No ticket this time but he did call it into mpi.  I wonder if I provide documentation of all my work, will they let me keep my car on the road?  I'm going to guess that's a "NO" but I guess we'll see what those fellers decide.

March 03, 2017, 12:41 PM #140

Ctown8 Offline

Originally posted by Eppic
                              How does one document the coverage one is getting on instagram? 

My car is on instagram... 

Is that what you're looking for?

Just got pulled over again.  No ticket this time but he did call it into mpi.  I wonder if I provide documentation of all my work, will they let me keep my car on the road?  I'm going to guess that's a "NO" but I guess we'll see what those fellers decide.
                              haha

Cop: "GIt yer small ATV off the damn highway boiii"
                              BAASSSSSSS

March 03, 2017, 01:02 PM #141

Eppic Offline

He was a nice guy.  I had the roof off cause I was on my way to canadian tire to get some tables.  He invited me to come sit in his car where it was a bit warmer.  Told him about the project.  He was certainly interested but at the same time, had a job to do.  Cops are people too.  Treat them like one and they treat you like one.  :)

Got my tables and headed home.

March 03, 2017, 02:05 PM #142

jordisonjr Offline

• Vehicle: 14/15 Endeavor New Standard 151
                                  • Reputation Power: 206
                                  • jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!
                                  You actually drive this on the road and expect to not get pulled over? lol
                                  Originally posted by Madbuzz41
                                  I'm not a fan of blowing for a long time anyways ; )

[Mar 31 23:03:18] Basil:Dan go outside without your pants and let your beef curtains flap around in the wind like a windsock

[Dec 11 14:00:38] alexatwork21:I

March 03, 2017, 02:24 PM #143

firelizard Offline

• Vehicle: UZS161
                                    • Reputation Power: 110
                                    • firelizard is leading the good life!firelizard is leading the good life!firelizard is leading the good life!firelizard is leading the good life!firelizard is leading the good life!firelizard is leading the good life!firelizard is leading the good life!firelizard is leading the good life!firelizard is leading the good life!firelizard is leading the good life!firelizard is leading the good life!
                                    Lucky. There's a few hundred worth of tickets there if they felt like it.

March 03, 2017, 02:47 PM #144

Eppic Offline

Originally posted by jordisonjr
                                      You actually drive this on the road and expect to not get pulled over? lol

That's an assumption you're making.  I've never said that.  This is my only vehicle right now so I use it for A - B tasks and go straight home. 

March 03, 2017, 04:19 PM #145

Eppic Offline

Originally posted by firelizard
                                        Lucky. There's a few hundred worth of tickets there if they felt like it.
                                        Steinbach is still transitioning out of the small town phase so I just assume the police have some grace for those of us that grew up here and still think of it as small town.
                                        However driving around a life size RC car is pretty much a magnet for questioning no matter where you go. 
                                        Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 05:17 PM by Eppic

March 05, 2017, 11:24 AM #146

Eppic Offline

Almost a uniform color.

Found a batman tail light in my pile of parts.

Headed out to the 2017 Winter Mega Run.  Video footage of the day to come yet too.

Brought the ski's for people to see.  Wasn't enough snow to use them.

On display for the fans to check out.

Met a ton of great people today.  Lots of awesome fan's checking out the Offroadster.  Had a great time explaining and showing people the world of Hydrgraphics.

And then it was time to go for a rip.

March 06, 2017, 08:37 AM #147

jordisonjr Offline

• Vehicle: 14/15 Endeavor New Standard 151
                                            • Reputation Power: 206
                                            • jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!jordisonjr is awe-inspiring!
                                            Did you guys just hang around the 2 main pits? (The one halfway down the road to the right, and then at the end of the road)
                                            Or cruise around the trails too?
                                            Originally posted by Madbuzz41
                                            I'm not a fan of blowing for a long time anyways ; )

[Mar 31 23:03:18] Basil:Dan go outside without your pants and let your beef curtains flap around in the wind like a windsock

[Dec 11 14:00:38] alexatwork21:I

March 06, 2017, 08:40 AM #148

Eppic Offline

March 16, 2017, 10:31 PM #149

Eppic Offline

Top Tier Imports

The Eppic OffRoadster
                                              « Reply #149 on: March 16, 2017, 10:31 PM »