Author Topic: My Favorite - 2006 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II  (Read 2047 times)

November 17, 2016, 03:18 PM #25

#StreetFocus Offline

• Vehicle: 1974 Ford Maverick
  • Reputation Power: 84
  • #StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.
hop on down to mexico and grab one haha.

Top Tier Imports

My Favorite - 2006 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II
    « Reply #25 on: November 17, 2016, 03:18 PM »

November 26, 2016, 02:10 AM #26

#StreetFocus Offline

• #StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.
    Picked up a bed cap Friday night.

November 26, 2016, 01:41 PM #27

#StreetFocus Offline

here's some daylight pics.

December 12, 2016, 04:54 PM #28

#StreetFocus Offline

figured I'd toss in some new pics. Loving the duratracs on the packed snow and ice. They arent as good as the old mud terrains in deep stuff though. Kinda dissapointed in that but hey, they work alright.

March 24, 2017, 09:48 PM #29

#StreetFocus Offline

some random pics from today

April 07, 2017, 03:26 PM #30

#StreetFocus Offline

Alright so a few days ago my cousin hit a deer with my truck. last time I lend one of my vehicles out!

damage isn't *too* bad. Few pics.

Plan right now is to just bend the bumper back into place, zip tie the bumper cover back together and get it back on. Passenger side lights might need to be replaced as the pins that hold them in place are broken. But I might be able to zip tie those back in as well. (I like zip ties)

Long term plan, tube bumper. When things break, I see it as an opportunity to upgrade.

Here's the truck i've always loved, inspired my hood paint, and the bumper is awesome so I might have something similiar made up for mine as well.

April 07, 2017, 04:06 PM #31

Ctown8 Offline

• Vehicle: 2001 Forester STI 2000 Celica
              • Reputation Power: 121
              • Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!
              Originally posted by #StreetFocus
              Alright so a few days ago my cousin hit a deer with my truck. last time I lend one of my vehicles out!

damage isn't *too* bad. Few pics.

Plan right now is to just bend the bumper back into place, zip tie the bumper cover back together and get it back on. Passenger side lights might need to be replaced as the pins that hold them in place are broken. But I might be able to zip tie those back in as well. (I like zip ties)

Long term plan, tube bumper. When things break, I see it as an opportunity to upgrade.

Here's the truck i've always loved, inspired my hood paint, and the bumper is awesome so I might have something similiar made up for mine as well.

Yes do this.
              BAASSSSSSS
              I work at Brian Reimer Audio on St. Marys, come in for some good deals, ask for Colin.
              My Motto: Love thy neighbors sick nasty whip like u love thy selves dirt nasty swag machine!
              Dont mod your cars kids. its not worth it.

April 07, 2017, 04:07 PM #32

#StreetFocus Offline

The more I look at it.... the more I want to do it.

May 12, 2017, 11:10 PM #33

#StreetFocus Offline

Alrighty, update time.

got my new tires in, still waiting on wheels though so not on the truck yet. but I couldnt help but set them beside for a quick idea... im gonna have to trim a bit lol.

Also got around to changing out my rear ujoint. Not as bad as last time, but it's not good when rusty dust comes out when you take the cap off lmao....

May 20, 2017, 08:53 PM #34

#StreetFocus Offline

Went to the tire shop today to mount my 35's and toss them on the truck. they rub a bit but not bad, here's some pics of that.

LRM_EXPORT_20170520_195423-01 by Jarrett Rathert, on Flickr

LRM_EXPORT_20170520_200038-01 by Jarrett Rathert, on Flickr

LRM_EXPORT_20170520_200323-01 by Jarrett Rathert, on Flickr

Also finally got the camping build started!

Empty bed, cleaned it out and took some measurements.

Cut the plywood to length and width, then cut out the spaces for the bulges in the side of the bed.

First test fit to make sure the cut outs lined up, all good! time to cut more supports.

The rest of the supports ready.

Now that all those are cut out, time to screw them on.

Another test fit to make sure things are still good.

Time for the side piece of plywood, I went taller with this piece, so it can hold the foam pad from sliding off the side.

I'm going to leave this end open, so I can store things like my shovel, axe, and hi lift underneath.

And thats the sleeping platorm! super easy, it's really light, and it's dead simple to remove it by myself.

Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 04:58 PM by #StreetFocus

May 23, 2017, 09:09 AM #35

Ctown8 Offline

• Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!
                      Should seal that thing up and put some subs under it ;)
                      BAASSSSSSS
                      I work at Brian Reimer Audio on St. Marys, come in for some good deals, ask for Colin.
                      My Motto: Love thy neighbors sick nasty whip like u love thy selves dirt nasty swag machine!

May 23, 2017, 10:22 AM #36

#StreetFocus Offline

Lmao of course you'd say that.

July 22, 2017, 04:30 PM #37

#StreetFocus Offline

So I'm leaving for my camping trip tomorrow, on Monday I decided last minute that I wanted my transfer case to be fixed, I had 2wd but didnt have 4x4. Don't think I'll need it but I took the case out anyways to have it looked at. in case I wanted to do some trails while im camping since I'll be near a few.

So Monday night the front+rear driveshafts, and transfer case came out.

Tuesday: the case went to the shop that rebuilt it last October.
                          Thursday: they call me and tell me they can't find anything wrong, so I go look at it and talk to them. They decide to grab a different unit off the shelf to let me have, they'll go over it and make sure that ones proper, and to pick it up friday.
                          Friday: They have it ready, and I pick it up.

Got it all ready, really simple job, 8 bolts for rear shaft, a handfull of torx bolts for the front shaft, and 5 bolts on the transfer case. super simple.

30 minutes later after cleaning up and putting fluid in it was ready to test.

The damn thing worked. I really have no idea what was wrong with my old case they rebuilt. something wasnt lined up properly on the shaft that switches between modes but it all looked fine.

anywho, camping setup is also done. Just gotta toss ice and food in the cooler and take off tomorrow.

July 31, 2017, 02:25 PM #38

#StreetFocus Offline

Transfer case is still doing good, really not sure why my old one buggered up, but huge shoutout to TransTech for taking care of me super short notice great group of folks over there.

July 31, 2017, 07:42 PM #39

benz88 Offline

• Reputation Power: 65
                              • benz88 is a rising star!benz88 is a rising star!benz88 is a rising star!benz88 is a rising star!benz88 is a rising star!benz88 is a rising star!
                              trans tech is great, We deal with them alot at work
                              '91 240sx Hatch
                              '93 Lincoln Towncar Lowrider
                              '50 Pontiac Fleetleader 2dr
                              '04 Chevy Silverado Crew 5.3
                              '95 Silverado Diesel(RIP Nov 18th)

July 31, 2017, 07:58 PM #40

#StreetFocus Offline

Yeah I've dropped and picked up a lot there for some of our customers. Had them rebuild my case in October, something went wrong over winter and I got lazy till now, took my case in and no questions asked they looked at it, couldn't find any issues, gave me a new unit. Problem solved. No labor charge, no run around on warranty fine print crap. Super awesome.

August 18, 2017, 11:22 PM #41

#StreetFocus Offline

pic dump.

and just playing around with my camera, kinda neat.

August 19, 2017, 09:36 AM #42

Ctown8 Offline

Nice shots, how are you liking the camera?
                                    BAASSSSSSS

August 19, 2017, 12:30 PM #43

#StreetFocus Offline

Originally posted by Ctown8
                                      Nice shots, how are you liking the camera?
                                      Thanks. I'm loving it. Still learning the ins and outs, but I'm pretty happy with it so far. 

August 19, 2017, 01:26 PM #44

Madbuzz41 Online

• Vehicle: Fiat 500 Sport
                                        • Reputation Power: 13
                                        • Madbuzz41 has no influence.
                                        Originally posted by #StreetFocus
                                        pic dump.

Love this one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

August 19, 2017, 01:29 PM #45

#StreetFocus Offline

Thanks. I like that one too.

Top Tier Imports

My Favorite - 2006 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II
                                            « Reply #45 on: August 19, 2017, 01:29 PM »