Author Topic: Compustar command start issue  (Read 543 times)

October 06, 2016, 10:41 AM #0

4U2Envy Offline

• Vehicle: 2007 Subaru Legacy Spec.B
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • 4U2Envy has no influence.
Hey TTI.

MY command start has been working flawlessly for the last 3 years but as of last week it has started giving me problems. Remote started just fine when I left work in the evening but when I went to remote start the next morning....nothing.  When you hit the button to start the car it gives you a start error code 8. After doing some research online, it shows that it's a voltage/tach signal issue. I followed the steps for the remote system to relearn the tach signal and it beeps once showing that it worked but when you go to start it the error 8 still flashes. I've checked the car battery, replaced remote battery and even reprogrammed the remote and nothing seems to work.

Does anyone have experience with these systems that might be able to help?
"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough"

324WHP/313WTQ EvoIII 16G on 94Oct - Bren Tuning

Top Tier Imports

Compustar command start issue
    « on: October 06, 2016, 10:41 AM »

October 06, 2016, 04:47 PM #1

dan Offline

• Reputation Power: 9
    • dan has no influence.
    Check to see if the wire thats getting the signal from the tach is actually hooked up properly.  probably was done with electrical tape, and now that the cold is starting to hit its probably loosened off.

October 06, 2016, 05:46 PM #2

4U2Envy Offline

• Vehicle: 2007 Subaru Legacy Spec.B
      • Reputation Power: 10
      • 4U2Envy has no influence.
      Originally posted by dan
      Check to see if the wire thats getting the signal from the tach is actually hooked up properly.  probably was done with electrical tape, and now that the cold is starting to hit its probably loosened off.

Thanks, I'll give that a shot.
      "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough"

324WHP/313WTQ EvoIII 16G on 94Oct - Bren Tuning

October 07, 2016, 10:54 AM #3

Winter Beater Offline

• Vehicle: 03 350Z Track Edition, 05 4 Runner, 98 GMC Shitbox
        • Reputation Power: 95
        • Winter Beater has great potential!Winter Beater has great potential!Winter Beater has great potential!Winter Beater has great potential!Winter Beater has great potential!Winter Beater has great potential!Winter Beater has great potential!Winter Beater has great potential!Winter Beater has great potential!
        ^on a good amount of vehicles you can find the wire where the installer connected for tach signal under the hood at an injector or coil pack. They'll usually connect on the one that is easiest to get to without removing a bunch of stuff, so it shouldn't be too hard to find.

From the compustar module it should be a thin yellow with black stripe wire you're looking for.

Top Tier Imports

Compustar command start issue
          « Reply #3 on: October 07, 2016, 10:54 AM »