Author Topic: Subaru Windsheild Spray Mod  (Read 739 times)

November 14, 2016, 12:53 PM #0

Ctown8 Offline

• Vehicle: 2001 Forester STI 2000 Celica
  • Reputation Power: 126
  • Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!
http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f85/independent-sprayers-wipers-551001/

Found this on another forum and though it was a fantastic idea.

Mod allows the use of sprayers without activating the wipers.
BAASSSSSSS
I work at Brian Reimer Audio on St. Marys, come in for some good deals, ask for Colin.
My Motto: Love thy neighbors sick nasty whip like u love thy selves dirt nasty swag machine!
Dont mod your cars kids. its not worth it.

Top Tier Imports

Subaru Windsheild Spray Mod
    « on: November 14, 2016, 12:53 PM »

November 14, 2016, 01:49 PM #1

dano Offline

• Vehicle: 2013 Nissan Leaf SL, 2002 Subaru Forester XT
    • Reputation Power: 94
    • dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!
    I hate the factory two-stream as well. If you could mod it, I would put all three improvements together:

- spray without wipers
    - fan instead of two streams
    - heated fluid
    Current Forester count: 1
    Owner, Next Level Escapes

November 14, 2016, 03:38 PM #2

Ctown8 Offline

• Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!
      Originally posted by dano
      I hate the factory two-stream as well. If you could mod it, I would put all three improvements together:

- spray without wipers
      - fan instead of two streams
      - heated fluid
      You can change the spray pattern by swapping nozzles with ones from the newer subarus.

For heated fluid, it will never be hot enough to stay hot while flying through the air, and it would turn to steam in winter.
      BAASSSSSSS
      I work at Brian Reimer Audio on St. Marys, come in for some good deals, ask for Colin.
      My Motto: Love thy neighbors sick nasty whip like u love thy selves dirt nasty swag machine!

February 04, 2017, 12:09 PM #3

pegcitygeek Offline

• Vehicle: JDM Sportswagon 20K
        • Reputation Power: 9
        • pegcitygeek has no influence.
        Originally posted by Ctown8
        You can change the spray pattern by swapping nozzles with ones from the newer subarus.

So would the nozzles from say an '08-'14 fit on an '02-'07 then?

February 04, 2017, 12:13 PM #4

Ctown8 Offline

Originally posted by pegcitygeek
          So would the nozzles from say an '08-'14 fit on an '02-'07 then?
          Thats basically what I was reading, start by taking out your nozzle to see the shape of the hole, as long as it looks similar it should fit. Or worst case test it to make sure it sprays how you want and then just sand it down and glue it in place from below.
          Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 12:35 PM by Ctown8
          BAASSSSSSS

February 04, 2017, 01:46 PM #5

dano Offline

• Vehicle: 2013 Nissan Leaf SL, 2002 Subaru Forester XT
            • Reputation Power: 94
            • dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!dano has great potential!
            When I had swapped out the nozzles on another forester with some generic ones with a fan spray pattern, at their highest setting they would barely spray the bottom 1/3 of the windshield.  Hopefully newer forester ones account for the flat-ish hood
            Current Forester count: 1
            Owner, Next Level Escapes

February 09, 2017, 09:21 AM #6

adc604 Offline

• Vehicle: 95 Subaru Legacy, 90 Toyota Hilux Surf
              • Reputation Power: 4
              • adc604 has no influence.
              Nice, I was thinking of trying to find a way to lengthen the time of spray prior to the wipers activating, especially on the rear one.  But removing that resistor '183' altogether is nice as you can manually put the wipers on intermittent or full wipe after you've gotten a good spray.

Hopefully there's something similar for the rear.  Gotta find a electrical diagram for the rear switch now.

February 09, 2017, 07:45 PM #7

Colby Offline

• Vehicle: 2014 FXT Limited w/Tech
                • Reputation Power: 128
                • Colby is awe-inspiring!Colby is awe-inspiring!Colby is awe-inspiring!Colby is awe-inspiring!Colby is awe-inspiring!Colby is awe-inspiring!Colby is awe-inspiring!Colby is awe-inspiring!Colby is awe-inspiring!Colby is awe-inspiring!Colby is awe-inspiring!Colby is awe-inspiring!
                Originally posted by dano
                When I had swapped out the nozzles on another forester with some generic ones with a fan spray pattern, at their highest setting they would barely spray the bottom 1/3 of the windshield.  Hopefully newer forester ones account for the flat-ish hood
                The 14+ foresters are a mixed bag. If you have Eyesight you have 3 nozzels. If you dont you have 2. The two main nozzels are Fan and the eyesight is a Jet/Stream. My Driver side only shoots at the lower 1/3. Passenger is at 1/2 and Eyesight shoots in the upper 1/3 in the center... often over shooting and spraying into the open sunroof in the summer :( you win some you lose some I guess, I dont hate it but its not great coverage. 2 High Quality nozzels would surely do the job of three and the pump is super weak in these temps too. Its often not able to spray any higher than the bottom 1/4 on a cold start
                '14 FXT Limited w/Way to Much Tech
                '94 Subaru Legacy RS TT - SOLD

https://www.flickr.com/colbyspence/
                IG: colby_spence
                Snap: cspence47

Top Tier Imports

Subaru Windsheild Spray Mod
                  « Reply #7 on: February 09, 2017, 07:45 PM »