Author Topic: Getting a tune? + WPG body shops?  (Read 460 times)

December 21, 2016, 01:01 PM #0

wrxdenzel Offline

• Vehicle: 2012 Subaru WRX Hatchback
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • wrxdenzel has no influence.
Wanted to know a good and reputable place to get a tune in or just outside of winnipeg, also wanted to know some very reputable places to just get body work done at asap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Tier Imports

Getting a tune? + WPG body shops?
    « on: December 21, 2016, 01:01 PM »

December 21, 2016, 01:21 PM #1

Ctown8 Offline

• Vehicle: 2001 Forester STI 2000 Celica
    • Reputation Power: 117
    • Ctown8 is leading the good life!Ctown8 is leading the good life!Ctown8 is leading the good life!Ctown8 is leading the good life!Ctown8 is leading the good life!Ctown8 is leading the good life!Ctown8 is leading the good life!Ctown8 is leading the good life!Ctown8 is leading the good life!Ctown8 is leading the good life!Ctown8 is leading the good life!
    For your Subaru?
    BAASSSSSSS
    I work at Brian Reimer Audio on St. Marys, come in for some good deals, ask for Colin.
    My Motto: Love thy neighbors sick nasty whip like u love thy selves dirt nasty swag machine!
    Dont mod your cars kids. its not worth it.

December 21, 2016, 01:28 PM #2

Igor Offline

• Vehicle: 2014 Subaru WRX STI Sport Tech
      • Reputation Power: 239
      • Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!
      We are limited for tuning in the city. There is an AWD dyno in the city but I'm not sure if it has been properly calibrated yet or if there is even a tuner for it.

Locally, Justin @ Nemesis Performance is the only person I know that tunes Subarus. He comes highly recommended. I know he was having issues with the tuning software before so you might want to contact him and see if he is tuning again.

Another option is to get yourself an E-Tune. This is a good way to get a custom tune and it involved doing multiple datalogs with an accessport and sending them off to the tuner for map adjustments until they are satisfied. There are multiple e-tuners out there. Make sure you do your research before selecting one. These are the more popular ones:
      • Eric @ Torqued Performance (most popular)
      • BrenTuning
      • Stephen @ iA Performance
      • Bill @ Delicious Tuning
      • PhatBotti Tuning

Your other option is to take the car to a tuner and have it dyno tuned. I've heard great things about Sonny @ Air Boy Tuning in Calgary. There are a few tuners down south as well. You can check out Cobb's website for approved Dyno/E-Tuners http://www.cobbtuning.com/dealers.

As far as bodywork goes, we have a thread which lists all the recommended body shops in the city. http://toptierimports.com/index.php?topic=9656.0
      2000 Acura Integra GSR - Sold
      2014 Subaru WRX STI Sport Tech

December 21, 2016, 07:30 PM #3

wrxdenzel Offline

Originally posted by Ctown8
        For your Subaru?
        Originally posted by Ctown8
        For your Subaru?
        yeah

December 21, 2016, 07:31 PM #4

wrxdenzel Offline

Originally posted by Igor
          We are limited for tuning in the city. There is an AWD dyno in the city but I'm not sure if it has been properly calibrated yet or if there is even a tuner for it.

Locally, Justin @ Nemesis Performance is the only person I know that tunes Subarus. He comes highly recommended. I know he was having issues with the tuning software before so you might want to contact him and see if he is tuning again.

Another option is to get yourself an E-Tune. This is a good way to get a custom tune and it involved doing multiple datalogs with an accessport and sending them off to the tuner for map adjustments until they are satisfied. There are multiple e-tuners out there. Make sure you do your research before selecting one. These are the more popular ones:
          • Eric @ Torqued Performance (most popular)
          • BrenTuning
          • Stephen @ iA Performance
          • Bill @ Delicious Tuning
          • PhatBotti Tuning

Your other option is to take the car to a tuner and have it dyno tuned. I've heard great things about Sonny @ Air Boy Tuning in Calgary. There are a few tuners down south as well. You can check out Cobb's website for approved Dyno/E-Tuners http://www.cobbtuning.com/dealers.

As far as bodywork goes, we have a thread which lists all the recommended body shops in the city. http://toptierimports.com/index.php?topic=9656.0
          thanks, hopefully i dont have to end up driving really far

December 21, 2016, 10:41 PM #5

Igor Offline

• Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!
            Originally posted by wrxdenzel
            thanks, hopefully i dont have to end up driving really far

What mods are you planning on doing before a tune? If you are just doing a standard "stage 2" then you might as well save yourself a bunch of money and just get an e-tune. I'm on my third e-tune with Torqued Performance and I couldn't be happier. I'm still itching to get Justin to tune it but I think I'm going to leave the tune as is right now.

December 21, 2016, 11:56 PM #6

wrxdenzel Offline

Originally posted by Igor
              What mods are you planning on doing before a tune? If you are just doing a standard "stage 2" then you might as well save yourself a bunch of money and just get an e-tune. I'm on my third e-tune with Torqued Performance and I couldn't be happier. I'm still itching to get Justin to tune it but I think I'm going to leave the tune as is right now.
              still trying to decide when i should get a tune, what's the max i should do mods wise before one

December 22, 2016, 06:23 AM #7

Igor Offline

Originally posted by wrxdenzel
                still trying to decide when i should get a tune, what's the max i should do mods wise before one

Any time you change how the engine handles air/fuel you will need a tune. You can add a downpipe and intake and be able to use the accessport to get your tune, provided that the mods are compatible (cobb recommends using their products). This type of tune is called an OTS or "Off The Shelf" tune and is a generic tune. Some cars do fine on these tunes and others will experience knock. An e-tune/road tune would be the next step up from an OTS tune and will be more tailored to your car specifically.

Top Tier Imports

Getting a tune? + WPG body shops?
                  « Reply #7 on: December 22, 2016, 06:23 AM »