Author Topic: New Member  (Read 632 times)

January 09, 2017, 10:58 PM #0

wrbwrx2016 Offline

• Vehicle: 2016 wrx limited
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • wrbwrx2016 has no influence.
Hey everyone!

My names Alex and I currently own a 2016 wrb wrx here in the city of Winnipeg.  I don't have any pictures of the car at the moment (had some on my phone but they disappeared for some reason) and its currently parked away for the winter since I didn't have a chance to grab any winter tires.  Hoping to gain a lot of knowledge from you experienced TTI members/car owners and to get to know everyone.

Top Tier Imports

« on: January 09, 2017, 10:58 PM »

January 09, 2017, 11:16 PM #1

wpg123456 Offline

• Vehicle: 2011 Subaru Impreza
    • Reputation Power: 3
    • wpg123456 has no influence.
    Welcome! Any mod plans?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

January 09, 2017, 11:33 PM #2

wrbwrx2016 Offline

Originally posted by wpg123456
      Welcome! Any mod plans?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The car currently has the following done to it: gloss black roof wrap, carbon fiber trunk lip spoiler wrap, carbon fiber front and rear overlays with red stars, custom red tail light overlays, full front bumper and hood 3M protection kit, 6k led drl bulbs from subieled, morimoto xb led foglights with yellow lamin-x overlays, full led bulbs in the interior, 3 in 1 rear fog light from ijdmtoy, perrin shifter stop, blox spherical gunmetal 490 shift knob and some rally armor mudflaps. 

As for my future mods I currently have the following either ordered or in my possession waiting to be installed in the spring: gramlight 57DR rims, diode dynamics c-lights and halos, front fog light bezel leds, some steering wheel emblem overlays, perrin brass shifting bushing, jdm coin tray, paint matched bumper plugs and some full side emblem replacements.

Looking to order a full turboback exhaust (keep going back on forth on a catted or catless downpipe), intake, accessport and lowering springs (can't decide between RCE yellows or blacks because of the difference in height drop with our crappy roads here in Winnipeg)

Any future mod plans for yourself?

January 10, 2017, 09:44 AM #3

Shaun Offline

• Vehicle: 1998 Civic, 2003 GS430
        • Reputation Power: 370
        • Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!
        Welcome!

You will be just fine with either of those springs. Winnipeg roads aren't THAT bad.

January 10, 2017, 09:49 AM #4

John Offline

• Vehicle: 04 civic, 09 STi
          • Reputation Power: 101
          • John has an aura about them.John has an aura about them.John has an aura about them.John has an aura about them.John has an aura about them.John has an aura about them.John has an aura about them.John has an aura about them.John has an aura about them.John has an aura about them.
          welcome to TopTierSubaru!
          subies ftw!

[Dec 04 11:42:55] Shaun:i tried using nav to get to dan's logic but i got lost
          [Dec 05 21:53:59] Uncle Hugh Myron:I dunno but an easy way to kill Dan would be shutting down mcdonalds for 24 hours

January 10, 2017, 10:09 AM #5

wrbwrx2016 Offline

Thanks Shaun and John!

And thanks for your input on the springs Shaun it's much appreciated!  Do you guys have any thoughts on catless vs. catted for a downpipe? I'm looking to order a full turboback at the moment and keep switching back and forth between the 2 in my mind.  I kind of know the benefits of both (louder, cheaper and a little more HP for catless and better for the environment/legal setup for the catted) but I don't know how often people actually get in trouble for running catless in the city.

January 10, 2017, 10:58 AM #6

Igor Offline

• Vehicle: 2014 Subaru WRX STI Sport Tech
              • Reputation Power: 246
              • Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!
              You'll have boost creep issues with a catless downpipe which will cause you to run a few PSI more than your target. This will require porting and polishing your wastegate or going with an external wastegate. Catless will be louder, you'll get more pops and crackles, and it will stink more than a catted downpipe. It is a lot cheaper however.

A catted downpipe will rob you of some turbo spool but unless you are pushing big number I wouldn't worry about it. It's more expensive but you won't have boost creep issues.
              2000 Acura Integra GSR - Sold
              2014 Subaru WRX STI Sport Tech

January 10, 2017, 11:09 AM #7

wrbwrx2016 Offline

Originally posted by Igor
                You'll have boost creep issues with a catless downpipe which will cause you to run a few PSI more than your target. This will require porting and polishing your wastegate or going with an external wastegate. Catless will be louder, you'll get more pops and crackles, and it will stink more than a catted downpipe. It is a lot cheaper however.

A catted downpipe will rob you of some turbo spool but unless you are pushing big number I wouldn't worry about it. It's more expensive but you won't have boost creep issues.

I'm assuming the boost creep is something that would apply to all catless downpipes and any year car right (ie: it wouldn't be limited to older models since the 2015+ wrx's have the new FA motor in it)

Thanks for your input Igor!

January 10, 2017, 12:12 PM #8

Igor Offline

• Vehicle: 2014 Subaru WRX STI Sport Tech
                  • Reputation Power: 246
                  • Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!Igor is awe-inspiring!
                  Originally posted by wrbwrx2016
                  I'm assuming the boost creep is something that would apply to all catless downpipes and any year car right (ie: it wouldn't be limited to older models since the 2015+ wrx's have the new FA motor in it)

Thanks for your input Igor!

Oh I just realized you had a newer WRX. I'm not sure if catless downpipes create boost creep on the new models. It's a new turbo so maybe it won't affect it as much.
                  2000 Acura Integra GSR - Sold
                  2014 Subaru WRX STI Sport Tech

January 10, 2017, 03:07 PM #9

Juan Offline

• Vehicle: FRS
                    • Reputation Power: 26
                    • Juan barely matters.Juan barely matters.
                    Welcome to the forum, pics of the car?
                    FAHRVERGNÜGEN

January 14, 2017, 07:50 PM #10

themikewoo Offline

• Vehicle: 2006 Honda S2000
                      • Reputation Power: 198
                      • themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!

January 23, 2017, 08:55 PM #11

wrbwrx2016 Offline

Originally posted by Juan
                      Welcome to the forum, pics of the car?

I'll post up some pictures in the spring! The car is unfortunately put away for the winter at the moment and I somehow lost all of the pictures that I had before on my phone.

January 23, 2017, 08:56 PM #12

wrbwrx2016 Offline

Originally posted by themikewoo
                        Welcome.

What do you do for a living?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I'm a pharmacist.  What about you?

January 23, 2017, 09:30 PM #13

themikewoo Offline

• Vehicle: 2006 Honda S2000
                          • Reputation Power: 198
                          • themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!themikewoo is awe-inspiring!
                          Originally posted by wrbwrx2016

I'm a cog in the big wheel that is the City of Winnipeg.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Top Tier Imports

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2017, 09:30 PM »