Author Topic: 2010 G37X Sedan - Build Thread  (Read 1055 times)

January 20, 2017, 10:06 AM #0

Gavin Offline

• Vehicle: 2017 Q60 Red Sport
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Gavin barely matters.Gavin barely matters.
So, I've spoken to a few of you for a while. I've had the car for 2 years now and started modding my car last summer(2016) and thought I'd start a build thread, if only to remind myself where all my money has been going. Haha. I've already installed a few things on the car.

The G is my daily as of right now. Although, I may be getting a truck next winter to help with carrying car mods and house stuff better, as the G really doesn't have a ton of room.

So to start, here is my current list and wish list. Recommendations and opinions are definitely welcome, even more so on the Wish List items.

Performance Mods Installed:
-Stillen Gen 3
-Hotchkiss Sway Bars (Front and Rear)
-Paddle Shifters
-BC Racing BR's w/Covers
-Summer- Vossen CVT's rears 20x10.5 w/285/30/20 & front 20x9+32 w/245/35/20 Falken FK453s - Rears need to be replaced, may switch them over to the new Michelin tires coming out in March.
-Winter - Niche Targa's squared 19x8.5+25 w/245/40/19.
-GT Haus CBE's in SUS.
-Z1 Motorsports Aluminum under shroud (Performance?)
-Hardwired power cable for my Beltronic STI Magnum
-Decals

Aesthetic Mods Installed:
-Interior lights swapped for 6k LEDs.
-Diode Dynamics 5k switchback turn signal bulb
-Diode Dynamics 5k (1400 lumen) Fog Lights
-Diode Dynamics 5k Side marker bulb
-Osram CBI's
-Vinyl wrapped gunmetal chrome delete (trunk lip, window trim, front grill)
-Vinyl wrapped gloss black (fiji mountain front and back)
-30% tint all around
-1 layer of nightshade on the tail lights (Yes I know, shame on me)
-Diode Dynamics Turn as Tail Module
-4 Layers of Ceramic Pro on the car, 1 layer of heavy duty on the Vossens and 1 layer of Carbon Collective on the Niches.
-Access Evolution Wide Angle Blue Mirror Covers

Performance Mods To be Installed (Already received):
-SPC Rear Camber, Toe and Toe Bolt
-Akebono BBK
-Stoptech Rotors 2 piece slotted front and 1 piece rears
-Stoptech S.S Brake lines
-Hawk HPS Pads
-Uprev Tune
-Traction Control Defeat/AWD to RWD Switch/Brake Boost

Aesthetic Mods to be Installed (Already received):
-Starry Night Halos Switchback LED Tube

On to way to my house:
-Fast Intentions 2.5 inch resonated test pipes

Not purchased yet and/or wishlist and pipedreams:
-Quad Halos Q2 2017
-Gloss Black Housing Q2 2017
-Swift Spring upgrade Q2 2017
-STI-R Lense Q2 2017
-Gloss Black Roof Wrap Q2 2017
-Oil and Transmission cooler - Q3 2017
-Uprev MAF - Q3 2017
-Level 10 Bulletproof Transmission (Internals, VB,TC) - Q2 2018
-Stillen Supercharger or AAM Twin Turbo Q2 2018
-Sport Bumper Conversion Q3 2017
-Carbon Signal Diffuser, Lip and Side Skirts Q3 2018
-AirLift Struts + Airrex or AirLift Management, Q4 2018
-Built Motor TBD, maybe Q4 2018
Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 01:12 PM by GavinG37x
2017 Q60 RS
2010 G37X - Sold

Top Tier Imports

2010 G37X Sedan - Build Thread
    « on: January 20, 2017, 10:06 AM »

January 20, 2017, 11:15 AM #1

#StreetFocus Offline

• Vehicle: 1974 Ford Maverick
    • Reputation Power: 84
    • #StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.
    in4sexy pictures

January 20, 2017, 01:16 PM #2

Gavin Offline

Originally posted by #StreetFocus
      in4sexy pictures

Haha! Ya. I was slow on that. Here's a Few. Starting off with Tail lights being tinted, rims when they were first installed and on coils, Paddles, when I changed my lights, Vinyl Wrapping the chrome to Gunmetal then the fiji mountain to gloss black and tint. Picture of my exhaust, the replacement of the Shroud for aluminum, intake and sway bars.  Then a picture of my car with most of these done.
      2017 Q60 RS
      2010 G37X - Sold

January 20, 2017, 01:20 PM #3

Gavin Offline

Here's a few others.

Post-Ceramic Pro, Undershroud picture at winter Height. a mid summer transformation picture, Winter Wheels. then a couple winter shots and my new wide angle, anti glare access evo mirrors.
        2017 Q60 RS
        2010 G37X - Sold

January 20, 2017, 01:46 PM #4

#StreetFocus Offline

• Vehicle: 1974 Ford Maverick
          • Reputation Power: 84
          • #StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.#StreetFocus is a force to reckon with.
          those mirrors look like they would be a million times better

January 20, 2017, 02:06 PM #5

Ctown8 Offline

• Vehicle: 2001 Forester STI 2000 Celica
            • Reputation Power: 120
            • Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!
            You cant actually divide 1 over 0, sorry to break it to you
            BAASSSSSSS
            I work at Brian Reimer Audio on St. Marys, come in for some good deals, ask for Colin.
            My Motto: Love thy neighbors sick nasty whip like u love thy selves dirt nasty swag machine!
            Dont mod your cars kids. its not worth it.

January 20, 2017, 02:15 PM #6

Gavin Offline

Originally posted by Ctown8
              You cant actually divide 1 over 0, sorry to break it to you

Haha! I did actually investigate this before doing it and this was the answer I got from a coworker and friend who is very good at math. I highlighted the part that made me okay with stretching it and making it my plate anyway.

This is one of my favorite questions and one that I have put a lot of thought into over the years.

First consider that 1/(0.1) = 10, 1/(0.01) = 100, 1/(.0000001) = 10000000 which is showing that as the denominator gets smaller the number gets larger.  So 1/0 is obviously very large and often shown as Infinity (∞) but Infinity itself is not a number, it is something ever growing at some specific rate and has a crest at its maximum growth point at a snapshot in time.

Secondly consider that (1/x) * (x) = 1 so you would think that (1/0) * (0) = 1 which would follow that ∞ * (0) = 1.  However, any number divided by 0 is also very large so it follows that (2/0) * (0) = 2 which would follow that ∞ * (0) = 2.  As a result, I consider ∞ * (0) = Any single given number in the set of real numbers (ℝ) or imaginary numbers (which are square roots of negative numbers) (ℂ).

Thirdly consider that (x/x) = 1 and therefore you could consider that (0/0) = 1.

Finally consider that despite the above, the expression 3/0 = Y,  once rearranged as Y * 0 = 3 shows that, given any number multiplied by 0 is 0, that there is no number that solves the equation.  This counter example also applies to (0/0).  These and other algebraic absurdities arise when dividing by 0 is consider a valid operation and is essentially why it is considered undefined.
              2017 Q60 RS
              2010 G37X - Sold

January 20, 2017, 02:19 PM #7

Ctown8 Offline

• Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!Ctown8 is awe-inspiring!
                Originally posted by GavinG37x
                Haha! I did actually investigate this before doing it and this was the answer I got from a coworker and friend who is very good at math. I highlighted the part that made me okay with stretching it and making it my plate anyway.

This is one of my favorite questions and one that I have put a lot of thought into over the years.

First consider that 1/(0.1) = 10, 1/(0.01) = 100, 1/(.0000001) = 10000000 which is showing that as the denominator gets smaller the number gets larger.  So 1/0 is obviously very large and often shown as Infinity (∞) but Infinity itself is not a number, it is something ever growing at some specific rate and has a crest at its maximum growth point at a snapshot in time.

Secondly consider that (1/x) * (x) = 1 so you would think that (1/0) * (0) = 1 which would follow that ∞ * (0) = 1.  However, any number divided by 0 is also very large so it follows that (2/0) * (0) = 2 which would follow that ∞ * (0) = 2.  As a result, I consider ∞ * (0) = Any single given number in the set of real numbers (ℝ) or imaginary numbers (which are square roots of negative numbers) (ℂ).

Thirdly consider that (x/x) = 1 and therefore you could consider that (0/0) = 1.

Finally consider that despite the above, the expression 3/0 = Y,  once rearranged as Y * 0 = 3 shows that, given any number multiplied by 0 is 0, that there is no number that solves the equation.  This counter example also applies to (0/0).  These and other algebraic absurdities arise when dividing by 0 is consider a valid operation and is essentially why it is considered undefined.

yea but zero is zero, not .000000000000000000000000000000000000001, and so on.
                BAASSSSSSS
                I work at Brian Reimer Audio on St. Marys, come in for some good deals, ask for Colin.
                My Motto: Love thy neighbors sick nasty whip like u love thy selves dirt nasty swag machine!

January 20, 2017, 02:26 PM #8

Gavin Offline

yea but zero is zero, not .000000000000000000000000000000000000001, and so on.

Very True.

I'll be changing it in a year or 2 anyway. It can stay until then. :-P
                  2017 Q60 RS
                  2010 G37X - Sold

January 20, 2017, 02:30 PM #9

Ctown8 Offline

Very True.

I'll be changing it in a year or 2 anyway. It can stay until then. :-P
                    If were talking about the limit at the denominator approaches zero, then one could round to infiniti. but I dont think you can put that on a license plate :lol:
                    BAASSSSSSS

January 20, 2017, 02:32 PM #10

Nirusan Offline

• Vehicle: 2017 BMW M2, 2015 Audi S3
                      • Reputation Power: 217
                      • Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!
                      ...may switch them over to the new Michelin tires coming out in March.

I can only assume you're talking about the new PSS's. As someone with Michelin PSS's you can't go wrong with them (and I can't imagine the new tires are a step back). You'll end up paying $Michelin but they're worth every damn penny. I was quite surprised as to how much more traction I had with the PSS's compared to the Rivals / OEM tires.

Look forward to seeing future updates!
                      [Sep 03 10:56:42] Faken:I wanna be on autters whorefax... Gonna write her off
                      [Sep 03 11:06:48] Faken:If I stuck my pee pee into 100 girls from africa.. I think it will make a difference if u want to sleep with me.
                      [Oct 15 19:20:41] Adomp:id eat my own ass out than eat famous daves

January 20, 2017, 02:39 PM #11

Gavin Offline

If were talking about the limit at the denominator approaches zero, then one could round to infiniti. but I dont think you can put that on a license plate :lol:

I didn't go that detailed no. Ya, quite limited on license plate space :-P.

Originally posted by Nirusan
                        I can only assume you're talking about the new PSS's. As someone with Michelin PSS's you can't go wrong with them (and I can't imagine the new tires are a step back). You'll end up paying $Michelin but they're worth every damn penny. I was quite surprised as to how much more traction I had with the PSS's compared to the Rivals / OEM tires.

Look forward to seeing future updates!

Ya, read a couple articles up to now, like this one: http://www.bmwblog.com/2016/09/29/michelin-announces-pilot-super-sport-successor-paris-motor-show/.

Seems like they should be good. Should be interesting to compare them to the Falken FK453s I had. I've heard good things about the current ones, good to hear you like yours.
                        Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 02:42 PM by GavinG37x
                        2017 Q60 RS
                        2010 G37X - Sold

January 20, 2017, 03:12 PM #12

Shaun Offline

• Vehicle: 1998 Civic, 2003 GS430
                          • Reputation Power: 370
                          • Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!
                          God it took me so long to get the meaning behind your plate.

February 01, 2017, 09:09 AM #13

Nirusan Offline

• Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!Nirusan is awe-inspiring!
                            Got this in an e-mail. Just gonna leave this here....

Quote (selected)
                            From now until 2/28/17 at 11:59pm

ALL Airlift & #becausebags products are 25% off!

NO CODE NEEDED

See all pricing at:
                            www.becausebags.com

Just hit check out. Don't look at the price.
                            [Sep 03 11:06:48] Faken:If I stuck my pee pee into 100 girls from africa.. I think it will make a difference if u want to sleep with me.

February 01, 2017, 09:11 AM #14

Gavin Offline

Got this in an e-mail. Just gonna leave this here....

Just hit check out. Don't look at the price.

Haha! I saw that. maybe later for the new car....

Sadly posted a part out on 204 Nissan and a few other places as the car I've ben waiting for, I've found a good price. Obviously has to come up 2 years into randomly checking and after I drop a lot of money on moneys.....
                              2017 Q60 RS
                              2010 G37X - Sold

February 01, 2017, 09:14 AM #15

Nirusan Offline

Haha! I saw that. maybe later for the new car....

Sadly posted a part out on 204 Nissan and a few other places as the car I've ben waiting for, I've found a good price. Obviously has to come up 2 years into randomly checking and after I drop a lot of money on moneys.....

What do you want ??????????????????

You can just bag that instead!

February 01, 2017, 09:20 AM #16

Shaun Offline

• Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!Shaun is awe-inspiring!

February 01, 2017, 10:43 AM #17

Gavin Offline

What do you want ??????????????????

You can just bag that instead!

Haha we'll see.

Originally posted by Shaun
                                  Porsche??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Sadly, can't afford one. or at least the one I'd want.
                                  2017 Q60 RS
                                  2010 G37X - Sold

February 01, 2017, 10:46 AM #18

Shaun Offline

1998 Honda Civic???????????????

February 01, 2017, 10:50 AM #19

Nirusan Offline

2013 Ford Focus ST ??????????????????????

February 01, 2017, 12:44 PM #20

Gavin Offline

2013 Ford Focus ST ??????????????????????

Damn. you caught me.

Originally posted by Shaun
                                        1998 Honda Civic???????????????

Not this time.

I'm waiting a couple weeks, but I'll post a pic when I get said vehicle if it goes through.
                                        2017 Q60 RS
                                        2010 G37X - Sold

Top Tier Imports

2010 G37X Sedan - Build Thread
                                          « Reply #20 on: February 01, 2017, 12:44 PM »