Author Topic: Eurotrash  (Read 356 times)

January 20, 2017, 04:53 PM #0

david Offline

• Vehicle: 1984 BMW 318i, 1995 Eagle Talon TSI
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • david has no influence.
Hey TTI it's been a while.
Ever since i sold my first E30 i've been on the look out for another bmw but a coupe this time. 2 years later this pops up on kijiji.
IMG_8282 by davidaus27, on Flickr
84' BMW 318i, M10B18, With 238,xxx km's
The least desirable E30 with the old m10b18, Getrag 240, And Metal bumpers. The exterior of the car is in okay shape and the interior of the car is quite worn..
My plan for the car is for it to be reliable, comfortable to drive, but still fun to drive at autox.

So far i've ordered new control arms, ecs braided front brake lines, Acc belts, 325e blank rotors, and hawk pads.
With the nice weather were having lately i was able to go to bucks and grab some parts i needed. 325e Front calipers, Bumper trims, extra grills, taillights, etc..
When i first got the car the brakes were quite ****. Even ****tier when racing around the mexico race track and the brakes really started to warm up.
For 318's they used a lovely solid rotor and under heavy braking introduces fade and boiling brake fluid. Now that i have the 325e calipers ill be upgrading to a vented rotor and hawk pads.

Well..glad to have another car to work on and to be on the forum again. More updates soon! My mustang T5 short shifter just came in and should sit nicely in the e30.

Top Tier Imports

Eurotrash
    « on: January 20, 2017, 04:53 PM »

January 20, 2017, 06:57 PM #1

Colby Online

• Vehicle: 2014 FXT Limited w/Tech
    • Reputation Power: 97
    • Colby has great potential!Colby has great potential!Colby has great potential!Colby has great potential!Colby has great potential!Colby has great potential!Colby has great potential!Colby has great potential!Colby has great potential!
    Mmmmmmm, E30!

What type of suspension system are you going to put it on? Air, coils, springs??
    '14 FXT Limited w/Way to Much Tech
    '94 Subaru Legacy RS TT - SOLD

https://www.flickr.com/colbyspence/
    IG: colby_spence
    Snap: cspence47

January 21, 2017, 06:13 PM #2

david Offline

Originally posted by Colby
      Mmmmmmm, E30!

What type of suspension system are you going to put it on? Air, coils, springs??

Ground control coilover (400lb front, 530 rear) and koni strut inserts.

February 04, 2017, 05:01 PM #3

david Offline

Test fitted the shifter in the car and it looks good.
        Untitled by David Austria, on Flickr

To make this ford shifter work in my bmw i had to cut the lower section off the ford shifter and weld on my bmw lower section to the new shifter. With the bmw lower welded on i needed to make new bushings as well, I went and used a brass fitting machined into the size of the stock plastic one.

Shifter extender waiting to be welded

Before i installed the shifter i wanted to re do the interior completely.

Dash needs to be replaced but its really hard to find a nice one so ill be flocking my current dash till i come across one. Floor is also isnt in the best shape but nothing i cant handle, Some will have to be cut out and replaced. Pass side is done already and painted with bed liner.

Annnd that's where im at till the weather warms up...

Top Tier Imports

Eurotrash
          « Reply #3 on: February 04, 2017, 05:01 PM »